Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Climate Change Is the Culprit in Extreme Rain (Read 36622 times)
gizmo_2655
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 16010
South West NSW
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Is the Culprit in Extreme Rain
Reply #90 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 6:50pm
 
muso wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 3:17pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 8:08am:
IF there isn't any proof that this hasn't happened before then AGW is NOT a viable concept...

Flawed how?? Is there one single part of current climate change that hasn't happened before??? No there's not....

So if the same actions have happened due to natural causes in the past, then there isn't any way say it's man caused THIS time...


Going back to the analogy it's the fact that the knife is in the chest and we know that if you are stabbed through the heart with a knife , your pulse was quite normal beforehand and no pulse after, then there is a 99%+ chance that it was the act of being stabbed through the heart that killed Colonel Mustard.

In the same way, we know that CO2 in the atmosphere causes the Greenhouse Effect (the CO2 molecule has the property of absorbing LW Infrared radiation etc). We know that the CO2 has been increasing as a result of activities such as cement manufacture and fossil fuel burning, and there is a 99% + chance that this is what is causing the increase in mean global temperatures.

Of course we know that colonels might have died from natural causes in the past, and we know that there have been perturbations of the climate in the past, but in both cases, the evidence is equally compelling.  


Ok, lets go back to your Colonel Mustard anaolgy......but delete the knife from the equation...

So we have Colonel Mustard lying dead on the floor........was it natural causes or human action????


In other words....in the current climate change...WHERE is the 'knife'???
Back to top
 

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat
 
IP Logged
 
gizmo_2655
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 16010
South West NSW
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Is the Culprit in Extreme Rain
Reply #91 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 6:56pm
 
Please delete wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 2:58pm:
OK, you're talking about the BEGINNING of the sangamon. What time period?

Such a stupid argument. You find some esoteric bit of data, and demand someone refute it. FFS.

You sound like longweekend.


If it's such a stupid argument, why do you suppose that Greens_win brought it up in the first place?????
Back to top
 

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat
 
IP Logged
 
____
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 33410
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Is the Culprit in Extreme Rain
Reply #92 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 7:02pm
 
gizmo_2655 wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 6:56pm:
Please delete wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 2:58pm:
OK, you're talking about the BEGINNING of the sangamon. What time period?

Such a stupid argument. You find some esoteric bit of data, and demand someone refute it. FFS.

You sound like longweekend.


If it's such a stupid argument, why do you suppose that Greens_win brought it up in the first place?????



That was your own quote. Take responsibility rather than deflect.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
mavisdavis
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 1512
Re: Climate Change Is the Culprit in Extreme Rain
Reply #93 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 7:13pm
 
____ wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 7:02pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 6:56pm:
Please delete wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 2:58pm:
OK, you're talking about the BEGINNING of the sangamon. What time period?

Such a stupid argument. You find some esoteric bit of data, and demand someone refute it. FFS.

You sound like longweekend.


If it's such a stupid argument, why do you suppose that Greens_win brought it up in the first place?????



That was your own quote. Take responsibility rather than deflect.



Come on Greens, be honest?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Please delete
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Please delete this smacking
PROFILE

Posts: 2936
Re: Climate Change Is the Culprit in Extreme Rain
Reply #94 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 7:32pm
 
gizmo_2655 wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 6:56pm:
Please delete wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 2:58pm:
OK, you're talking about the BEGINNING of the sangamon. What time period?

Such a stupid argument. You find some esoteric bit of data, and demand someone refute it. FFS.

You sound like longweekend.


If it's such a stupid argument, why do you suppose that Greens_win brought it up in the first place?????


You're the one that raised the sangamon interglacial, gizmo.

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
gizmo_2655
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 16010
South West NSW
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Is the Culprit in Extreme Rain
Reply #95 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 8:33pm
 
Please delete wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 7:32pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 6:56pm:
Please delete wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 2:58pm:
OK, you're talking about the BEGINNING of the sangamon. What time period?

Such a stupid argument. You find some esoteric bit of data, and demand someone refute it. FFS.

You sound like longweekend.


If it's such a stupid argument, why do you suppose that Greens_win brought it up in the first place?????


You're the one that raised the sangamon interglacial, gizmo.



Yes, true...but greens is the one made the original statement about whether or not the Co2 increase is faster now than ever before...

Look at page 6, reply #75....

And then I asked if the Co2 levels had, in fact, ever risen so fast before....
I used the Sangamon simply because asking how fast the Co2 levels have risen THIS time is sort of pointless, isn't it???
Back to top
 

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Is the Culprit in Extreme Rain
Reply #96 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 7:18am
 
gizmo_2655 wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 6:50pm:
Ok, lets go back to your Colonel Mustard anaolgy......but delete the knife from the equation...

So we have Colonel Mustard lying dead on the floor........was it natural causes or human action????


In other words....in the current climate change...WHERE is the 'knife'???


That wouldn't be a good analogy because copious volumes of scientific research tells us that the case is at least 99% certain.

You need to put the knife back in to make it a valid comparison.

As I already said, the "knife" is the fundamental properties of greenhouse gases to absorb LWIR and the fact that the increase in atmospheric GHG's can unequivocably be traced and quantified. Accountants are very good at keeping track of  sales and consumption of hydrocarbons and coal. It's not rocket science.  

All the dodging, lying and polemic choreography in the world can't get around those basic physical facts.  

Would anyone object of I transferred this thread to Environment? It's an environmental subject.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
gizmo_2655
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 16010
South West NSW
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Is the Culprit in Extreme Rain
Reply #97 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 7:40am
 
It won't worry me if you move it muso....

I'm done with it anyway, I realise I'll never get any answer other than "because" to my questions....
Back to top
 

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Is the Culprit in Extreme Rain
Reply #98 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 8:47am
 
gizmo_2655 wrote on Feb 20th, 2011 at 7:40am:
It won't worry me if you move it muso....

I'm done with it anyway, I realise I'll never get any answer other than "because" to my questions....


Well tell me what you don't understand/ agree with  in the Climate Science thread if you like.  It's all pretty basic stuff. The question of anthropogenic global warming is settled. The paper mentioned on this thread is about the increased frequency of storm events.

We've moved on.  
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Please delete
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Please delete this smacking
PROFILE

Posts: 2936
Re: Climate Change Is the Culprit in Extreme Rain
Reply #99 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 10:51am
 
gizmo_2655 wrote on Feb 20th, 2011 at 7:40am:
It won't worry me if you move it muso....

I'm done with it anyway, I realise I'll never get any answer other than "because" to my questions....


Gizmo, i thought better of you than this.

However, I will say, if the answers  you're seeking are like that sangamano interglacial question, I think you are expecting too much.

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Is the Culprit in Extreme Rain
Reply #100 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 5:15pm
 
Please delete wrote on Feb 20th, 2011 at 10:51am:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Feb 20th, 2011 at 7:40am:
It won't worry me if you move it muso....

I'm done with it anyway, I realise I'll never get any answer other than "because" to my questions....


Gizmo, i thought better of you than this.

However, I will say, if the answers  you're seeking are like that sangamano interglacial question, I think you are expecting too much.



Oh there are people who will provide an answer - in fact tell me what answer you want and I'm sure we can find somebody - not necessarily an authority on the subject of course.  Wink

There are very few other subjects that have so many armchair experts.

The next time you have a medical problem, I know a very good taxi driver who is an expert on almost every subject under the sun.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
gizmo_2655
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 16010
South West NSW
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Is the Culprit in Extreme Rain
Reply #101 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 10:10pm
 
Please delete wrote on Feb 20th, 2011 at 10:51am:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Feb 20th, 2011 at 7:40am:
It won't worry me if you move it muso....

I'm done with it anyway, I realise I'll never get any answer other than "because" to my questions....


Gizmo, i thought better of you than this.

However, I will say, if the answers  you're seeking are like that sangamano interglacial question, I think you are expecting too much.



Why are you surprised Ernie???

I've been trying for about 24 hours to get the answer to the question Greens asked......

And so far 2 other people have come into the converstation to run interference and cloud the issue....
So, it's pretty obvious that I'll never get an answer....
Back to top
 

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat
 
IP Logged
 
Please delete
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Please delete this smacking
PROFILE

Posts: 2936
Re: Climate Change Is the Culprit in Extreme Rain
Reply #102 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 7:58am
 
Ok, so what is the questions again?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Please delete
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Please delete this smacking
PROFILE

Posts: 2936
Re: Climate Change Is the Culprit in Extreme Rain
Reply #103 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 7:58am
 
And I'm not "running interference".
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
gizmo_2655
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 16010
South West NSW
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Is the Culprit in Extreme Rain
Reply #104 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 8:02am
 
Please delete wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 7:58am:
Ok, so what is the questions again?


The one Greens asked......

Has the rate of Co2 increase ever been as fast before, as it has been in the last 50 years
.....
Back to top
 

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Send Topic Print