Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration (Read 3560 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration
Jan 19th, 2011 at 1:21pm

Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds,

"Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;..."

William Shakespeare

+++

From the Jewish O.T. Bible;

Numbers 30:2
If a man vow a vow unto the LORD, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth.

+++

From the Koran, Hadith;

Allah told Mohammed, it is OK to not fulfil the oaths you make.
i.e. If you find something better, you are free to go, and make a better deal, and abandon your first oath.

"Allah indeed has sanctioned for you the expiation of your oaths and Allah is your Protector, and He is the Knowing the Wise."
Koran 66:2

"The Prophet said, "If I take an oath and later find something else better than that, then I do what is better and expiate my oath."."
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #007.067.427
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #008.078.618
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #008.079.709
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #008.079.710
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #008.079.712
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #008.079.715

"expiate my oath", means an obligation to Allah of penance [Kaffara], e.g. fasting for three days, or to clothe or feed poor people.

"If you ever take an oath to do something and later on you find that something else is better, then you should expiate your oath and do what is better."
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #009.089.260
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #009.089.261

"The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: An oath or a vow about something over which a human being has no control, and to disobey Allah, and to break ties of relationship is not binding. If anyone takes an oath and then considers something else better than it, he should give it up, and do what is better, for leaving it is its atonement."
hadithsunnah/abudawud/ #021.3268

"Yahya related to me from Malik from Nafi that Abdullah ibn Umar said, "Whoever swears by Allah and then says, 'Allah willing' and then does not do what he has sworn to, has not broken his oath." "
hadithsunnah/muwatta/ #022.22.6.10

+++

God is love.

"Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,..."

But who, is Allah?

Moslems claim, and would have us believe that;

"Allah, and the Jewish God, are the same God."

Never.
This cannot be so, unless God has had a personality transplant.

Read the Koran, and then read the Bible, it is like comparing chalk and cheese.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Love is not love Which alters when it alteration
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 1:41pm

Yadda wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 1:21pm:
God is love.

"Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,..."

But who, is Allah?

Moslems claim, and would have us believe that;

"Allah, and the Jewish God, are the same God."

Never.
This cannot be so, unless God has had a personality transplant.

Read the Koran, and then read the Bible, it is like comparing chalk and cheese.

Men may break their covenants, God does not.

Deuteronomy 31:20
For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant.
21  And it shall come to pass, when many evils and troubles are befallen them, that this song shall testify against them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they go about, even now, before I have brought them into the land which I sware.

Psalms 89:34
My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

Malachi 3:6
For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 1:51pm

What's love got to do with oaths?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 2:14pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 1:51pm:

What has integrity got to do with love?

And what has falsehood and infidelity, got to do with oath breaking?

Don't you know Karnal?

Dictionary;
infidelity = =
1 the action or state of being sexually unfaithful.
2 lack of religious faith.

Jeremiah 9:23
Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
24  But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 2:20pm

WHAT ???

INFIDELITY!

Quote:
Dear muslim, YOU are the kuffar, YOU are the unbeliever.

You who embrace ISLAM, your own lies and deception, have become a witness against you, before God.

You muslims insist that ONLY muslims are the 'properly guided'.

Is he who is on a path of lies and deception, 'properly guided'??

AN EXPLANATION OF THE WORD 'KUFFAR'...

"kuffar" = = "...is an Arabic word meaning.....[an unbeliever] a person....who hides, denies, or covers the truth."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuffar

from here, on OzPol;
"Dear muslim, YOU are the kuffar"
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1229682951/0#0

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 3:27pm

Yadda wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 2:14pm:

Don't you know Karnal?

Dictionary;
infidelity = =
1 the action or state of being sexually unfaithful.
2 lack of religious faith.

Jeremiah 9:23
Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
24  But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

Sorry, I'm lost.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #6 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 3:42pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 3:27pm:
Yadda wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 2:14pm:

Don't you know Karnal?

Sorry, I'm lost.

Then i am sorry.

Matthew 13:10
And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 3:45pm

Has your computer been attacked by any viruses lately, Yadda?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #8 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 3:56pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 3:45pm:
Has your computer been attacked by any viruses lately, Yadda?

Why?
Would you like to give me a few?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 3:59pm

Good God, no. I was just wondering, perhaps, if the Mormons might have hacked in and fiddled around with anything.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #10 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 5:15pm

Quote:
i.e. If you find something better, you are free to go, and make a better deal, and abandon your first oath.

"Allah indeed has sanctioned for you the expiation of your oaths and Allah is your Protector, and He is the Knowing the Wise."

Context Yadda context.

Muhammad (pbuh), like many Arabs of his time, vowed not to sleep with his wives, when they upset him. And so God gave him permission to absolve himself from the vow, since it was for something that is permissible anyway. Nowhere does it state you are free to just break any oath you like (as you deceptively tried to infer).

And for the record, Jews have entire books in their sacred literature for dealing with how to expiate for broken oaths, nothing unusual about it. People do sometimes break their oath. It's not right, but what is the course of action to take if one did? Does christianity have a solution for that case? Probably not, since like many other things, it pretends it never occurs, since it's followers are so perfect and infallible... now back to reality.

Yadda you're an idiot, that's all I can say. You warrant little more than that.

You are an apostle of lies and falsehood.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #11 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 9:13am

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 5:15pm:
Quote:

Context Yadda context.

Muhammad (pbuh), like many Arabs of his time, vowed not to sleep with his wives, when they upset him. And so God gave him permission to absolve himself from the vow, since it was for something that is permissible anyway. Nowhere does it state you are free to just break any oath you like (as you deceptively tried to infer).

And for the record, Jews have entire books in their sacred literature for dealing with how to expiate for broken oaths, nothing unusual about it. People do sometimes break their oath. It's not right, but what is the course of action to take if one did?

Yes Abu, in permitting Mohammed the luxury of not sleeping with his wives, and the breaking and expiation of his oaths it would have been so much clearer, to everyone, if Allah had made that distinction ["concerning your oaths relating to sleeping with your wives, Allah indeed has sanctioned for you..."].

But Allah didn't make that distinction.

Allah said; "Allah indeed has sanctioned for you the expiation of your oaths and Allah is your Protector..."

e.g.
In recent years the 'Palestinians' have entered into truces with Israel.
But 'Palestinians' have seemingly, then, continued to attack Israel, and 'Palestinians' have never kept one of their 'Hudna' [ceasefire] agreements with the Israelis.

And why ???

Because when a good moslem makes a verbal agreement [an oath] with an 'unbeliever', that agreement isn't worth the paper it is written on.

i.e.
A moslem MAY honour his agreement with an 'unbeliever' [if honouring his agreement is in the interests of the moslem].
But a good moslem is not obligated to honour any agreement he makes with an 'unbeliever'.
And THAT, is the 'get out' for all good moslems, in all dealings and agreements with 'unbelievers'.

And why ???

Because moslems, dealings and agreements and truces with 'unbelievers', are following the example of ISLAM's perfect man, Mohammed.

'HUDNA' IS THE ARABIC WORD FOR TRUCE...
Google;
arafat hudna explained

Google;
Treaty of Hudaybiya

Google;
when it is in their interests to do so muslims will seek a truce hudna with a stronger enemy

Google;
muslims are free to break a truce with an enemy as soon as they feel strong enough to resume hostilities

MOSLEM 'LOGIC' CONCERNING THE NEVER-ENDING WARS AND CONFLICTS WITH UNBELIEVERS...
Google;
resisting islam causes war, so infidels are responsible for war with muslims

Quote:
Does christianity have a solution for that case? Probably not, since like many other things, it pretends it never occurs, since it's followers are so perfect and infallible... now back to reality.

Yadda you're an idiot, that's all I can say. You warrant little more than that.

You are an apostle of lies and falsehood.

Christianity, Jesus, said;

Matthew 5:33
Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
34  But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
35  Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
36  Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
37  But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print