Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The US quits Iraq (Read 529 times)
NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

The US quits Iraq
Sep 1st, 2010 at 7:19am

"No victory lap", says Obama of the end to the US Iraq mission...

The biggest mistake the US made, once in Iraq, was to underestimate the enduring hatred and the endemic destructive power of Sunni/Shia sectarianism.

They're leaving now and all that's left is for the Islamic perversion to rip what's left to pieces.

God help the Kurds.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Re: The US quits Iraq
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 7:36am

Well if the Bolivians were sent in via the United Nations from the start, I'm sure it would be a different matter entirely.

The fact that a 'Neutral' Force wasn't used in the first place just shows that "it takes two" - Iraq AND the United States to make one hell of a mess for everyone else.
It was like watching a filthy fight between two drunks in a dirty pub where the carpet smells like vomit.

Is it any wonder that Oil was a priority and not the Kurds.
I can't wait for a global New World Order ...it sure beats taking Orders from SuperPowers and Dictators. Please, lets get this over and done with! Roll Eyes

PS: Obama sucks! K.Annan Rules!

« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2010 at 7:42am by It_is_the_Darkness »  

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 7:42am

It_is_the_Darkness wrote on Sep 1st, 2010 at 7:36am:
Well if the Bolivians were sent in via the United Nations from the start, I'm sure it would be a different matter entirely.

Guess we'll never know. Wink

The Bush Administration brushed aside all warnings that sectarianism within the Islamic perversion (namely Sunni/Shia sectarianism) was a potent destructive force that would ultimately render Iraq hopelessly ungovernable. The Islamic perverts have yet to turn Iraqi Kurdistan into a killing field... But, as you read this, you can bet they're fleshing out the details.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 8:27am

It_is_the_Darkness wrote on Sep 1st, 2010 at 7:36am:
Is it any wonder that Oil was a priority and not the Kurds.

Yes, oil is not only money... It's power... Power, vested mainly in peoples perverted by a pernicious religion, to make, or bring to its knees, any modern economy.

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #4 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 1:38pm

The geopolitical importance of securing dwindling strategic resources was a fairly good justification for the Iraq war, but I'm not entirely sure the whole thing was worth the bother. I don't know enough to say whether this departure is going to be good for U.S interests in the long run or not. One thing is for sure though; it won't be too bad for Obama's image.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print