Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Labor fear vengeful Kevin Rudd may be behind leaks (Read 1733 times)
BlOoDy RiPpEr
Gold Member

aussie-patriot.com

Sydney
Labor fear vengeful Kevin Rudd may be behind leaks
Jul 28th, 2010 at 10:13am

JULIA Gillard's campaign is bracing for more embarrassing claims and Cabinet leaks in the wake of Labor's destabilising leadership change.

Senior Labor sources have pointed the finger at ousted former Labor leader Kevin Rudd, and are concerned he has moved from denial to revenge.

Channel 9 last night reported that Ms Gillard opposed Labor's paid parental leave scheme when it was discussed in Cabinet.

Ms Gillard was then deputy prime minister and reportedly argued the idea that the baby leave scheme would be a political winner was misconstrued.

Government sources also said that when Cabinet discussed last year's pension boost worth $14 billion she questioned the price tag, saying elderly voters didn't support Labor, Nine said.

The report sent shockwaves through senior Labor ranks last night, with concerns expressed that Mr Rudd might be exacting revenge on those who cut him down. Cabinet deliberations are confidential.

A senior Government source told The Courier-Mail they believed Mr Rudd had moved from a stage of denial to revenge and they were fearful of what he might do.

Mr Rudd's spokesman said last night: ''Mr Rudd has not made, nor will he make, comment on Cabinet processes or deliberations.''

Ms Gillard said in a statement: ''I was very proud to be a member of the Labor team that delivered these two historic achievements, delivering a better deal for pensioners and supporting parents to spend more time with their babies.

''Pensioners and families deserve more support, and this government has acted to give them that support.''

She said she would not respond to anonymous allegations, saying: ''If the Liberal Party have allegations to make, they should put their names to them.''

The Nine report came on the same day Mr Rudd publicly backed Ms Gillard by name, despite failing to join her on the campaign trail in his south Brisbane electorate of Griffith.

He refused to say whether he would attend the official Labor campaign launch next month, but threw his support behind his former deputy.

''As I've said repeatedly since the change in the leadership, I fully support the re-election of the Government, and I fully support the election of Prime Minister Gillard,'' Mr Rudd said.

It is understood all sitting Queensland Labor MPs have re-nominated to contest their seats, including Mr Rudd.

host of the aussie-patriot.com site
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Labor fear vengeful Kevin Rudd may be behind leaks
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 10:40am

what would happen if ruddy left the alp at the last possible moment and stood as an independant ?

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Deborahmac09
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 11:14am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 28th, 2010 at 10:40am:
what would happen if ruddy left the alp at the last possible moment and stood as an independant ?

Labour might just loose the seat of Griffith.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 10:24am

Mark Latham has cme out today and called Rudd 'unmanly' (which we all knew) 'like a snake' (which we all knew) and a 'serial leaker'.  He's 100% convinced Rudd is behind it, being disgruntled at the way he was knifed, and could do more good for us, by keeping labor from a 2nd disastrous term, than he did in his entire tenure as PM.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

nichy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 10:55am

I wouldn't credit Mark Latham with too much knowledge about the leaks,  he and Julia Gillard were joined at the hip for the 2004 election, she supported him wholeheartedly  , so naturally he is going to do his best to discredit Rudd.  I think it is probably someone who was in his department and privy to cabinet documents, and wants to get Gillard and her faceless mates.  It could be with OR without Rudd's knowledge,  but I hope there are more to come.

"He who does not value life does not deserve it." -- Leonardo da Vinci&&&&

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 12:58pm

Nichy, don`t forget how Judas Gillard supported Kevin Rudd too though hey.

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

nichy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 3:47pm

Hi aussie,  well did Gillard support Rudd,  or was she planning this all along to get revenge FOR Latham, after all the party dumped him very unceremoniously.

I find it hard to think Rudd would actually leak the information,  but I can see him feeding the info to someone else to leak. 

I believe there is another one about Gillard and China this afternoon,  don't have the details yet though,  but it looks as though someon on her "side" has it in for her. 

IP Logged

nichy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 3:55pm

AAP July 30, 2010 1:01PM

CLAIMS Prime Minister Julia Gillard declining of an invitation to speak to China's leaders is further evidence of the Federal Government's disintegration, Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says.

News Limited today reported that Labor sources said the "caretaker" arrangements that took effect after the August 21 election was called prevented Ms Gillard from making the calls she had planned to the leaders of China and Japan.

Mr Abbott jumped on the news of another unflattering leak from inside Labor ranks.

"These are our two most important trading partners, it says something about the Prime Minister's priorities that she hasn't managed to make contact with their senior leaders," he said in Adelaide.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/coalitions-tony-abbott-attacks-labor-and-julia-gillard-over-new-leak/story-e6frfku0-1225899003393#ixzz0v8shdC00

Gillard really has NO idea of protocol -  she is such an embarrasment.

IP Logged

jcheeverloophole

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 5:58pm

A little balance to the right wing stupidy on here

How is julie bishop going these days? 

She was joined at he hip to howard, doc nelson ,turnbull and now phony tony...!

IP Logged

what_katy_did

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 7:08pm

Rudd is leaking something... I have a feeling it might be bile though...

"Only two thing are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former..."    Albert Einstein
kate_did_what  
IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 8:48pm

nichy wrote on Jul 30th, 2010 at 3:47pm:
Hi aussie,  well did Gillard support Rudd,  or was she planning this all along to get revenge FOR Latham, after all the party dumped him very unceremoniously.

I find it hard to think Rudd would actually leak the information,  but I can see him feeding the info to someone else to leak.  

I believe there is another one about Gillard and China this afternoon,  don't have the details yet though,  but it looks as though someon on her "side" has it in for her.  

Hello Nichy,
We all; remember the recent pledges of undying loyalty to Rudd, cheap & nasty stuff?

IP Logged

nichy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 8:57pm

jcheeverloophole wrote on Jul 30th, 2010 at 5:58pm:
A little balance to the right wing stupidy on here

How is julie bishop going these days?  

She was joined at he hip to howard, doc nelson ,turnbull and now phony tony...!

But I don't recall Julie Bishop EVER wielding a knife.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print