Quote:Did I insist on that?
Yes:
Quote:All we can do with the measurements is subjct them to statistical analysis by computer models loaded up with the data plus a whole lot of assumptions and hypotheses.
What's the problem? As I demonstrated with gravity,
all scientific prediction is based on modelling. That's how it works. By inferring that "all we can do is ..." you are implying that this is somehow less rigorous than "real" science. You're wrong.
Quote:I thought I said something like climate is not subject to crucial elements of the scientific method.
No. You didn't. Which is just as well because it's wrong. Actually, you were insisting that science only applies to "physical objects", remember?
Quote:Models containing lots of data, some declared theories and assumptions and leave out, by necessity, some other assumptions. No empirical testing.
Do you have any evidence that climate model assumptions are not empirically tested? (Here's a hint, the answer will be no.)
Quote:...what would be accepted as the falsifiable element of the AGW theory?
Ummm, sustained cooling, to state the bleeding obvious. Go be a good boy and find some evidence for it will you. But do be wary of the existing attempts. I would like to think that one of the things you've learned in this forum is that they're all a crock. I wish you good luck, and keep in mind that I and many others will ge genuinely and sincerely elated if you should succeed. As, no doubt, will my children, and their as yet unborn children. But I'll stop. You've got work to do.
Quote:...having only one global climate, what is proposed to stand in for the experimental testing?
Well done, you've figured out why climatology relies so heavily on modelling. That doesn't mean the assumptions aren't subject to empirical testing though, does it.