Gizmo, I'd like to continue our discussions on Climate Change if possible.
gizmo_2655 wrote on Dec 17
th, 2010 at 1:48pm:
That's where the problem is Skippy....
There is no way to say that the current climate change isn't natural, except some 'simulations'....
There's nothing happening NOW that hasn't happened in the past, long before man developed industry or fire, (or worked out what causes babies for that matter)....other than some people saying it's 'faster' this time....which they can't prove, because there aren't any records of how fast or slow the increases were the last time....
OK, here's one. Ocean acidification (reduced alkalinity) is taking place as a direct result of increased CO2 concentration in the atmosphere. This will have increasing effects on a large number of marine organisms which rely on extracting calcium from the ocean for part of their structure.
Let's tackle this from the carbon dioxide perspective to start with.
Do you dispute that the increase in CO2 in the atmosphere is a direct result of activities such as the burning of fossil fuel, the production of cement and the deforestation of tropical rainforest?
The carbon dioxide concentration in the atmosphere is very easily measured, and we can work out that it is increasing. It has increased to nearly 400ppm, up from about 320ppm in 1960.
I'd just like you to answer honestly. I don't have a political agenda, and I'm not a 'froth at the mouth' greeny who thinks we should all become poor overnight, but in this case, I believe that there is a problem and we should acknowledge that fact so that we can work to remedy the situation before it gets worse.
I don't know if you're familiar with the Stockdale Paradox. You can read about General Stockdale here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_StockdaleI'm a firm believer in facing the facts, "warts and all" so that we can be in a better position to tackle the problem.
There have been lots of times in history when the Co2 level has been LOWER and the TEMPERATURE higher...
Check the 2nd graph at 300 million years..
But of course you'll say that this site is funded by 'Big Oil'...because it goes against ACC doctrine....
Really, what are the chances that a bunch of 'naked apes' can work out the complexities of a 4.5 BILLION year old climate system, using LESS than 200 years of experience in weather science????