Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
CO2 and the 800 year lag. (Read 15448 times)
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: CO2 and the 800 year lag.
Reply #105 - Apr 28th, 2010 at 1:49pm
 
Grendel wrote on Apr 26th, 2010 at 6:58pm:
.... and also the CO2 there which radiates heat away from the Earth back into space must have a bearing on how much heat reaches the Earth in the first place.   Roll Eyes


Ok, since you brought it up, how much of a part does it play in the overall energy balance?  I've given you a clue. You just have to Google the Earth's energy balance. In fact I'm sure I've posted a diagram at some stage in the past showing the various energy fluxes of which your little flux is just one.

Of course, the important factor in all this is the net effect. Add up all these effects and what is the net effect? Heating or cooling?

Looking at that net effect, is it any different to what we've been saying all along? ???

This particular gem is like a schoolboy learning about electronics. He knows that an amplifier is designed to increase sound. He looks inside the box and what does he find? Resistors! heaps of them. He knows that resistors reduce current, and there are a lot more resistors than transistors. It's all one big plot. The amplifier is full of resistors, so it must be actually reducing the sound level, not amplifying it.

Back to top
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2010 at 1:56pm by muso »  

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Grendel
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 28080
Gender: male
Re: CO2 and the 800 year lag.
Reply #106 - Apr 28th, 2010 at 3:40pm
 
Oh your the big expert I was relying on you to know.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: CO2 and the 800 year lag.
Reply #107 - Apr 28th, 2010 at 4:12pm
 
Grendel wrote on Apr 28th, 2010 at 3:40pm:
Oh your the big expert I was relying on you to know.


That's your problem. You rely on experts rather than researching the subject yourself.

If you want to be a skeptic, be skeptical of everything you read.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Grendel
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 28080
Gender: male
Re: CO2 and the 800 year lag.
Reply #108 - Apr 28th, 2010 at 5:23pm
 
Oh I am...
unlike yourself.

How do you suppose I research the subject myself without relying on experts?

At least I don't rely on pseudo experts such as yourself for all my information.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: CO2 and the 800 year lag.
Reply #109 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 8:58am
 
Grendel wrote on Apr 28th, 2010 at 5:23pm:
Oh
How do you suppose I research the subject myself without relying on experts?



Let me guess. You read Climate Denialist blogs, and you read a chapter of Plimer every night before saying your prayers.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Paella
Senior Member
****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 290
Re: CO2 and the 800 year lag.
Reply #110 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 10:38am
 
muso wrote on Apr 28th, 2010 at 1:49pm:
This particular gem is like a schoolboy learning about electronics. He knows that an amplifier is designed to increase sound. He looks inside the box and what does he find? Resistors! heaps of them. He knows that resistors reduce current, and there are a lot more resistors than transistors. It's all one big plot. The amplifier is full of resistors, so it must be actually reducing the sound level, not amplifying it.


This is an excellent analogy. Probably over beo's head, but an excellent analogy.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
mozzaok
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 6741
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: CO2 and the 800 year lag.
Reply #111 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 12:13pm
 
Well I am a science dummie, I do not get the technical significance of the amplifier analogy, but I did with the dandelion one, that was very useful to help me visualise the process going on.
I like analogies, especially ones I understand, lol.
Back to top
 

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!
 
IP Logged
 
Soren
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 25654
Gender: male
Re: CO2 and the 800 year lag.
Reply #112 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 4:05pm
 
mozzaok wrote on Apr 29th, 2010 at 12:13pm:
Well I am a science dummie, I do not get the technical significance of the amplifier analogy, but I did with the dandelion one, that was very useful to help me visualise the process going on.
I like analogies, especially ones I understand, lol.




Maaate.... you sure have a VERY selective undertanding of science and the experts whose scientific advice you accept if you are still smoking and consider quitting only 'coz it's getting too expensive.




Wink


mozzaok wrote on Apr 29th, 2010 at 3:33pm:
Geez, I said I would quit if they hit $20, but I think I may try again now, it is getting silly.

Definition of a ciggy is a tube with a fire at one end and a fool at the other. Grin




lol is the mot just.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: CO2 and the 800 year lag.
Reply #113 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 4:12pm
 
or l'acronyme just if you prefer.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Grendel
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 28080
Gender: male
Re: CO2 and the 800 year lag.
Reply #114 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 5:09pm
 
so nothing really sensible or constructive as usual I see.

I read lots of sites and info actually.   Both sides of the debate.  Unlike some here.   I don't own Plimers book and I don't read blogs as such.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print