Tom wrote on Dec 10
th, 2009 at 2:33pm:
Are you kidding?
"Now because 1998 was the hottest year ever, that fact that each year since then has not increased in temperature, has these liars going around saying that the earth is cooling, and it just is not so./quote]"
Who said that? - reference? It's incorrect.
Quote:The temperature has risen in recent years but there is 0, no way to and hasn't been proved to be in any way related to CO2 in the atmosphere. Rises in temperature have been proven to rise before CO2 rises, obviously showing that the process is natural.
Read the other thread. There is a discussion of the atmospheric physics there. I can't be bothered to find it myself again. Once again, it's extremely basic science, and the causative link has been rigorously shown to be valid from laboratory testing, satellite monitoring and there have been hundreds of peer reviewed papers that demonstrate the link. The effect can be and has been tested. It's an open and shut case. As I said before, you can get a University in degree in Climatology, but you can't get a university degree in pseudoscience, or the denial of climate science.
Quote:I don't know how many times I have to say it, I don't know how many times you're going to say it. Conflicting arguments against the global warming religion have no standing. The vast majority of legitimate scientists and climatologists are against it.
Spoken like a true convert.
Quote:The 30 year graph shows plainly that the temperature has risen very little and that this should normally just be seen as a natural process.
The temperature rise over 30 years is very little - agreed. Nobody is disputing that. Natural process? No. It can be confirmed that it is due to increasing CO2 levels.
Quote:Are you going to deny the legitimacy of the graphs?
Absolutely. It's totally fabricated.