Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions (Read 4072 times)
deepthought
Gold Member
*****
Offline


In Defence Of Liberty

Posts: 2869
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #30 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 6:32pm
 
Darwin loves to tell porkies muso, but never provides any evidence.

If he tried to it would only reveal all the lies he tells.


Join up at PA muso.  Darwin is not there, though he has been invited he is afraid to debate people, prefering to tell lies about them from afar.

The PA outage was a DDOS attack on the network which, as you rightly said, still permitted access to the server via another path of the web.

Back to top
 
WWW  
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #31 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:11pm
 
Darwin wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 10:36am:
Good on you, muso!

I would like that monk avatar removed please, the thieves stole it from here:

www.jovialmonk.com.au

which is the website for my shop.



Now you'll appreciate why I'm so secretive about my own identity. I once assisted somebody identify what he thought were meteorites. Unfortunately they were meteowrongs, but he was not impressed with my appraisal to the extent of making death threats against me and (worse) my family. 

I haven't heard from him in 3 years, so maybe I've finally managed to shake him.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Darwin
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 1037
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #32 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:12pm
 
mantra wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 5:13pm:
Darwin wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 5:08pm:
The sun is becoming more active right now and the whole Pacific ocean is warm. dunno if it will be an El Nino or not but anyone can see this summer will be literally a killer.


Don't say that. It's been so lovely and cool in NSW - one hot day in 6 months. I thought we were experiencing a global cooling phase.


Well, we are having a heat wave in November. . .expect NSW to as well.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #33 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:25pm
 
deepthought wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 6:32pm:
Join up at PA muso.  Darwin is not there, though he has been invited he is afraid to debate people, prefering to tell lies about them from afar.



I don't really have time for another Forum. As I said before to your alter ego, we can talk about it on the Environmental Section here.

The only posts I deleted were ad-hominems, which didn't add to the argument. I don't delete arguments that I disagree with, but otherwise, it can get fairly heated at times.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Jovial Monk
Ex Member


Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #34 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:30pm
 
I've seen you launch plenty of ad hom attacks on climate scientists that disagree with you. Why didn't you delete yourself?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
deepthought
Gold Member
*****
Offline


In Defence Of Liberty

Posts: 2869
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #35 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:30pm
 
muso wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:25pm:
deepthought wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 6:32pm:
Join up at PA muso.  Darwin is not there, though he has been invited he is afraid to debate people, prefering to tell lies about them from afar.



I don't really have time for another Forum. As I said before to your alter ego, we can talk about it on the Environmental Section here.

The only posts I deleted were ad-hominems, which didn't add to the argument. I don't delete arguments that I disagree with, but it can get fairly heated at times.


Alter ego?

I have posted nothing about climate change muso.

I don't debate here as the moderation (by freediver) is arbitrary and forum security is a joke.

I post only via proxy server, it is too dangerous to do otherwise.

freediver trawls through IPs to try to match them on other forums so I protect my postings.

A pity we can not discuss this but you have your reasons and I have mine about posting here regularly anymore.
Back to top
 
WWW  
IP Logged
 
Darwin
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 1037
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #36 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:50pm
 
Quote:
Malcolm, Barnaby, Andrew, Janet, even Lord Monckton shouldn't even bother with the pretence of science and just admit the currency of their prescription for inaction has all the legitimacy of a roulette wheel.

That is the simplest premise upon which the scepticism of Malcolm, Barnaby, Andrew, Alan, Janet and even Lord Monckton is based. They cling to that single premise like a polar bear clings to a melting iceberg.

Without that premise, their scepticism is sunk. Malcolm, Barnaby, Andrew, Janet and the Thatcherite Lord Monckton are betting the house on that simple premise that the cost of not acting is nothing.

Malcolm, Barnaby, Andrew, Janet - stop gambling with our future.


Only one premise!
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Jovial Monk
Ex Member


Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #37 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:54pm
 

[quote="Rupert Murdoch"]"If Rudd thinks we can set an example for the rest of the world with a cap-and-trade system on greenhouse gas emissions - the ETS - all it would do is push up the cost of living in Australia and the rest of the world will laugh," he said. [/quote]

Only one truth!
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Darwin
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 1037
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #38 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:56pm
 
bwahahaha rupert the emporer of an empire in decline!
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #39 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:36am
 
Darwin wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:56pm:
bwahahaha rupert the emporer of an empire in decline!


A Carbon Tax would work better than emissions trading. As I've said before, emissions trading is too prone to abuse.

Malcolm Turnbull has quite a plausible position on this. If he had caucus support, I think the Libs could have come up with a better scheme than the ALP.

I've seen the ALP's Department of Climate Change in action in Canberra, and wasn't too impressed. Enough said.

When you're given 2 working days to review a document that's about 140 pages long, it shows how much they are rushing headlong into this and making mistakes along the way.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
skippy
Ex Member


Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #40 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 8:39am
 
Quote:
As I said before to your alter ego, we can talk about it on the Environmental Section here


Grin
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
deepthought
Gold Member
*****
Offline


In Defence Of Liberty

Posts: 2869
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #41 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 9:14am
 
Quote:
Quote:
As I said before to your alter ego, we can talk about it on the Environmental Section here


Grin



I feel sure muso will correct his statement.

I post only as deepthought.
Back to top
 
WWW  
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #42 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 9:29am
 
deepthought wrote on Nov 9th, 2009 at 9:14am:
Quote:
Quote:
As I said before to your alter ego, we can talk about it on the Environmental Section here


Grin



I feel sure muso will correct his statement.

I post only as deepthought.


I had my suspicions and I was gauging your reaction. I don't have any evidence that contradicts your statement, and judging by posts on other forums, I tend to believe you.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print