Point 1 in
Climate Change (Global Warming) Explained (The Sticky notes on top of this forum)
The actual concentration of Carbon dioxide is currently around 385 parts per million and has increased by around 30% in the last 50 years. This might seem like a very low concentration, but very low concentration can still have a significant effect. The basic physics is well established, and was first discovered by Arrhenius at the turn of the 20th Century.
As I've explained countless times before, there are of course other Greenhouse gases, and it is well established what they are and the degree to which they contribute to radiative forcing. The main ones are carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide and then there are minor ones such as CFC12.
For convenience sake, we convert other gases to CO2 equivalents so that we can compare apples with apples, so we talk in terms of CO2 equivalents.
Water vapour is a feedback. Unlike the other greenhouse gases mentioned above, water is easily precipitated from the atmosphere when the temperature cycles down due to normal variations in the wether or diurnal/seasonal temperatures etc. It obviously doesn't have the same accumulative effect, but in general, increased levels of CO2 and other greenhouse gases lead to increased water vapour concentration.
Quote:So the thesis is that global warming of catastrophic proportions is causedd by an increase of 100 parts in a million of the atmosphere.
Where did you get that from? 387ppm is
today's level of CO2.
Do
you see global warming of catastrophic proportion yet? I don't.
****Flawed logic detected*****
Quote:Warmists can't agre among themselves. The ideas, the data, the interpretations, the gloom-doom, the 'well all be rooned' stuff is all over the place.
The one thing they all agree on is that anyone who does not quite agree with them is lying, is possessed by the devil or is the devil.
Sounds like an article of faith. Just who are these 'warmists' then? You haven't really told us yet. I suggested before that it includes the entire scientific establishment.
Quote:And that's just the atmosphere. Is global climate really turning on a catastrophic scale on nothing more that a 0.01% change in the proportion of one of the gases that make up the atmosphere? The plant food component?
The plant food component eh? Damn. I put a heap of plant food on my lawn in Winter, which is also the driest part of the year. What do you think happened to the lawn? (maybe I didn't add enough)
After all, it's just plant food isn't it? Tell you what, I'll wait until it gets really hot and dry until I apply some more plant food? Do you think that will work better?
Isn't that what you're saying here?