muso wrote on Feb 11
th, 2010 at 5:34pm:
Soren,
Every time you get out of bed, you live with uncertainty.
There is uncertainty in everything, but when you have a less than 1% uncertainty, in layman's terms, it will happen.
lame-o, man, this is weak.
You always seem to slip into some grandmotherly hometruth when the thesis you bring us is shown to be lame.
When I point out the fundamental uncertainty of climate predictions - you poo poo.
When I quote the chief scientist of England in support - you go all folksy and pretend that I need need to be reminded of what I just told you.
A minute ago it was all a misunderstanding by me (poor Soren, he don't know his weather from his climate, poor illiterate) - now it's all so bloody obvious that I need to be reminded of the plain truth of it all.
The one thing you don't see is the hubris. Every time a boosterist/warmerist does the 'I am so tired of this incomprehension' routine, all enervated and *sighing* in faux despair - his case is diminished.
What you do not get because of your hubris is this: you don't have a case unless you can convince people. Sighing and being exasperated by the peasanty is not a sufficient way of making a case. It may make you feel fulfilled and virtuous and part of the 'in' crowd, but it does zip for what you want to get across.