Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21
Send Topic Print
Climate Change Discussion and Questions (Read 37755 times)
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #180 - Jan 7th, 2010 at 11:27am
 
There are some amazing things coming out of Russia ranging from the downright kookie to the out and out weird.  The Russians have always had the world's best kooks and weirdos.

This guy is a crank, just like the Swedish Mathematician who thinks that the value for Pi is wrong.

- and if you are trying to say that anybody in their right minds agrees with him, then your argument is a huge strawman.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Soren
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 25654
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #181 - Jan 7th, 2010 at 11:56am
 
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
locutius
Gold Member
*****
Offline


You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Posts: 1817
Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #182 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 10:07am
 
Thanks Mozz and Muso. Hopefully be back a little more regularly this year. Hope you and all the forum members had a great Xmas. Our 19 month old had an absolutely grand time.
Back to top
 

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #183 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 6:51pm
 
Soren,

I'm not going to backpeddle. I'll stick by what I said. It's not up to me to defend people with extraordinary ideas.
Back to top
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2010 at 7:43pm by muso »  

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Soren
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 25654
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #184 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 10:29pm
 
muso wrote on Jan 8th, 2010 at 6:51pm:
Soren,

I'm not going to backpeddle. I'll stick by what I said. It's not up to me to defend people with extraordinary ideas.



Alas, dear boy, that is precisely what you have been doing all along, defending people with extraordinary ideas.



Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #185 - Jan 11th, 2010 at 11:51am
 
Soren wrote on Jan 9th, 2010 at 10:29pm:
muso wrote on Jan 8th, 2010 at 6:51pm:
Soren,

I'm not going to backpeddle. I'll stick by what I said. It's not up to me to defend people with extraordinary ideas.



Alas, dear boy, that is precisely what you have been doing all along, defending people with extraordinary ideas.



- and that is precisely what I'd expect to hear from somebody who has no concept of scientific reasoning and has been conned by the widespread astroturfing  that goes on in the blogosphere.

Those so-called extraordinary ideas have been demonstrated time and time again to be valid to a greater than 99% confidence level.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Soren
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 25654
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #186 - Jan 11th, 2010 at 3:06pm
 
muso wrote on Jan 11th, 2010 at 11:51am:
Soren wrote on Jan 9th, 2010 at 10:29pm:
muso wrote on Jan 8th, 2010 at 6:51pm:
Soren,

I'm not going to backpeddle. I'll stick by what I said. It's not up to me to defend people with extraordinary ideas.



Alas, dear boy, that is precisely what you have been doing all along, defending people with extraordinary ideas.



- and that is precisely what I'd expect to hear from somebody who has no concept of scientific reasoning and has been conned by the widespread astroturfing  that goes on in the blogosphere.

Those so-called extraordinary ideas have been demonstrated time and time again to be valid to a greater than 99% confidence level.



You are exaggerating outrageously.

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #187 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 2:16pm
 
Soren wrote on Jan 11th, 2010 at 3:06pm:
You are exaggerating outrageously.



Actually no. I'm just summarising the findings  of mainstream climate research.

What research are you summarising? Which papers can you point to that say that (and I quote soren) "AGM is crap". (I'm not talking about newspapers here.)

Papers from a certain Classics graduate who tells everybody that he's a member of the House of Lords  don't count. (He tried once, and received zero votes).  You can hire him as a clown for your next party. He charges $100,000 a shot. He's even coming to Australia. 

Petitions from dentists and medical doctors don't count either.  Without research they are basically just opinions. I know a person who is convinced that the Sun orbits the Earth, and nothing will persuade him differently. Do you believe that the Sun orbits the Earth, Soren?

(just checking)
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
mozzaok
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 6741
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #188 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 2:33pm
 
Quote:
Do you believe that the Sun orbits the Earth?


What yo talkin bout willis?

How else would it keep going down on one side, and coming up on the other if it were not revolving around us?
It is only common sense, plus every boby knows that the earth came first , then the stars were put in the sky for us.
I can't believe that scienticians do not know this stuff, it is common sense you can see with your own two eyes.
Back to top
 

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!
 
IP Logged
 
Soren
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 25654
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #189 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 3:09pm
 
muso wrote on Jan 12th, 2010 at 2:16pm:
Soren wrote on Jan 11th, 2010 at 3:06pm:
You are exaggerating outrageously.



Actually no. I'm just summarising the findings  of mainstream climate research.

What research are you summarising? Which papers can you point to that say that (and I quote soren) "AGM is crap". (I'm not talking about newspapers here.)

Papers from a certain Classics graduate who tells everybody that he's a member of the House of Lords  don't count. (He tried once, and received zero votes).  You can hire him as a clown for your next party. He charges $100,000 a shot. He's even coming to Australia.  

Petitions from dentists and medical doctors don't count either.  Without research they are basically just opinions. I know a person who is convinced that the Sun orbits the Earth, and nothing will persuade him differently. Do you believe that the Sun orbits the Earth, Soren?

(just checking)




The beauty of this whole thing, for me but not for you, is that I have to prove nothing. You have to prove that AGW is real and that it is caused by CO2.

You are the 'accuser', the onus of proof is solely on you. It has become increasingly clear in recent years and around the world that the task of proving it is too big. If you believe in it, this is upsetting, I can see that. But being upset is no proof of anything. Even if some partisant of AGW resort to Leninist tactics, verbal and actual.

Some sceptic or other had to have police escort to a talk in Houston recently. The 'believers' rioted in Copenhagen.

If the Leninist/Stalinist reference is foggy for some, we can use the Mohammedan rage boy example. A lot of warmerists are Mohammedan rage boys at heart. Mozz, for exmple, is displaying distinct tendencies, even if he does not quite break through the veneer.







Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Darwin
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 1037
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #190 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 4:09pm
 
That's it eh Soren? Move it away from science to religion.

If London is at the same latitude as Siberia how come it is much warmer?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Soren
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 25654
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #191 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 7:21pm
 
Darwin wrote on Jan 12th, 2010 at 4:09pm:
That's it eh Soren? Move it away from science to religion.

If London is at the same latitude as Siberia how come it is much warmer?


How come indeed!! Brilliant!! Now all it takes is latitude. Latitude is fate!! Thanks. And the GS.

ANy other hobby horses?

ANd we have moved to religion, folks, be careful. I tell warmerists that they sound like angry rage boys - and I have shifted the discussion to religion.  Watch and learn, all ye simple village people. But wait!
I am stupid AND a cunning deceiver at the same time. I must be an ultra right wing oppressor of all that is good and noble.

But Mr Darwin is here so all is saved. Phew!! That was close.  Zzzzz....







Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Darwin
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 1037
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #192 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 8:17pm
 
OK so Soren has no arguments left at all, hasn't considered any info and is now like a kid, fingers in ears "lalalalala I can't hear you lalalalalala"

Pathetic, Soren. Can't put aside prejudices to look at some facts, eh, its more important you don't change your mind.

It is NOT all to do with latitude, but there is a conundrum in that England, on same latitude as Siberia, is so much warmer. The answer to that question then has bearing on why England & NEurope are so cold right now.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Soren
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 25654
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #193 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 10:10pm
 
Darwin wrote on Jan 12th, 2010 at 8:17pm:
OK so Soren has no arguments left at all, hasn't considered any info and is now like a kid, fingers in ears "lalalalala I can't hear you lalalalalala"

Pathetic, Soren. Can't put aside prejudices to look at some facts, eh, its more important you don't change your mind.

It is NOT all to do with latitude, but there is a conundrum in that England, on same latitude as Siberia, is so much warmer. The answer to that question then has bearing on why England & NEurope are so cold right now.



Darwin, you have not provided one bit of argument, one bit of info. You go all mysterious and schoolmarmy about latitude and GS and old chool atlases. As if hint, hint, nudge, nudge was still an acceptable intellectual position. That's all your 'argument' and 'info: nudge nudge and lalalala.

I have asked you about the Thames freezing over. What was your response? Lemme see. I must have mistplaced it somewhere, I can't seem  to find it.

Banging on about London and Siberia and latitude just shows that you left school at the earliest opportunity.





Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Darwin
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 1037
Re: Climate Change Discussion and Questions
Reply #194 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 7:42am
 
No, my argument is there and supported by scientific papers. You are scared to do that bit of reading and thinking because it might upset your closed mind.

The Gulf stream of warm water flows North along the East coast of the US and Canada then down the coast of England. That warm current is what makes London so much more livable than Siberia (or Alaska.)

Now, that the Arctic ice and the Greenland Icesheets are meting is also an indisputable fact. As that meltwater flows into the North Atlantic it weakens that current and that means England/NEurope gets colder. One of the drivers of the Gulf Stream was supercooled water in the Arctic ocean sinking. this doesn't happen anymore.

Without the Gulf Stream England & Northern Europe would be a lot more like Siberia as they are finding out.

Now, go look at ABC website--deadly jelly fish are extending both their range and season as the Pacific warms. In five years they will be at the Sunshine Coast and then its bye bye tourism. Migratory birds in the N Hemisphere are settling at more and more northerly locations, and the global temperature is increasing in lock step with increasing CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21
Send Topic Print