Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Grendel: man cannot control the climate (Read 13742 times)
mozzaok
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 6741
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Grendel: man cannot control the climate
Reply #45 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 10:18am
 
Quote:
talk about closed minds and blinkered vision  ROTFLMAO...
-Grendel

Well Grendel, I will bear that in mind, the next time you rerun another bebunked denialist lie, and refuse to even look at the links provided by muso which show real scientists, explaining why the claims are false.

Your bandwidth handicap is weighted heavily against examining real evidence, from real scientists, it seems.
Back to top
 

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!
 
IP Logged
 
Grendel
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 28080
Gender: male
Re: Grendel: man cannot control the climate
Reply #46 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 10:22am
 
You have a closed mind mozz...  that's the real difference.
You ignore and deny other povs regardless of their veracity.
You follow people like bozo blindly like the people who populate the story in The Emperors New Clothes.
Sadly that is pathetic.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
mozzaok
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 6741
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Grendel: man cannot control the climate
Reply #47 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 12:02pm
 
No Grendel, I follow the links, I examine what people put forward, and make up my own mind.
The mere fact that you revisit so many denialist myths, that have been thoroughly discredited shows which of us has truly locked themselves into a blinkered view of things.
Back to top
 

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!
 
IP Logged
 
Grendel
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 28080
Gender: male
Re: Grendel: man cannot control the climate
Reply #48 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 12:26pm
 
I have no doubt I have read more on the subject and understood more of it than you will in your entire lifetime.  Despite the lies and hypocrisy etc from you an Bozo about what I know and think.

Unlike you I'm not locked into any position.  I still have an open mind on the subject.  That's the difference between me being so far unconvinced on the subject and you being an alarmist fanatic, totally locked into one side and denying all else.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
skippy
Ex Member


Re: Grendel: man cannot control the climate
Reply #49 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 12:38pm
 
Quote:
totally locked into one side and denying all else


Funny, I thought you denied man made global warming existed.
That seems pretty locked into a side to me.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Grendel
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 28080
Gender: male
Re: Grendel: man cannot control the climate
Reply #50 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 12:40pm
 
Nope shows how closely you follow things Skipeeeeeee.
And how irrelevant you are to every debate you troll through.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
skippy
Ex Member


Re: Grendel: man cannot control the climate
Reply #51 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 12:48pm
 
Great, so you now agree that man is having an effect on the global warming crisis, good on ya boofy, I knew you couldn't be a dufus all your life.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Grendel
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 28080
Gender: male
Re: Grendel: man cannot control the climate
Reply #52 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 12:58pm
 
Oh dear...  I've never denied that we were in a warming phase.
I never denied that man increases CO2 levels.
I've never denied that CO2 is a greenhouse gas.

See how much you've missed out on.

Why do you think we are in crisis?
Why do you think its mans fault?
Why do you think that cutting man-made emissions will make a noticable difference, or stave of the "crisis"?

Oh right...  because the alarmists told you so....  altogether now.
yes Al Gore loves me.
yes Al Gore Loves me
yes Al Gore loves me
the alarmists told me so....
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Grendel: man cannot control the climate
Reply #53 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 1:05pm
 
Grendel wrote on Jun 5th, 2009 at 3:24pm:
Oops almost forgot...  temperatures have been trending down since the high in 1998.


Undeniable.
Indisputable.


Grendel wrote on Jul 23rd, 2009 at 12:58pm:
Oh dear...  I've never denied that we were in a warming phase.

I never denied that man increases CO2 levels.
I've never denied that CO2 is a greenhouse gas.


I'm working on quotes for the other two. I'll just let you do the talking Grendel.

- need some more rope?  Grin
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Grendel
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 28080
Gender: male
Re: Grendel: man cannot control the climate
Reply #54 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 1:10pm
 
What are you trying to say Bozo....


You'll get yourself confused trying to catch me out...  BETTER YOU STICK WITH LIES AND RIDICULE AND ALL THAT OTHER HYPOCRITICAL GUFF YOU ESPOUSE.

Oh you already have.

Temperatures have been trending down and yes we have been in a warming period...  not contradictions there Bozo.  Now we are at the beginings of  a cooling period.  I consider it started after 1998.

Careful with that rope you'rE only tripping yourself up.

here let me help you with English as it appears to be a 3rd or 4th language to you...  WE WERE...  IS PAST TENSE.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Grendel: man cannot control the climate
Reply #55 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 1:14pm
 
Grendel wrote on Jul 23rd, 2009 at 1:10pm:
What are you trying to say Bozo....


You'll get yourself confused trying to catch me out...  

Oh you already have.

Temperatures have been trending down and yes we have been in a warming period...  not contradictions there Bozo.  Now we are starting into a cooling period.

Careful with that rope your only tripping yourself up.


OK - but watch that grammar. "have been' is less ambiguous than 'were'. "Were' implies the subjunctive case. Like "If I were a rich man".  Subjunctive - ok?

so - I've never denied that we are in a warming phase would be clumsy English. It's better to say I've never denied that we were in a warming phase.  A negative phrase with 'that' takes the subjunctive.

I'm glad to help you with your English Grendel. Just ask me if you need more help.

As a matter of fact, we are currently in a warming phase.
Back to top
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2009 at 3:02pm by muso »  

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Grendel
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 28080
Gender: male
Re: Grendel: man cannot control the climate
Reply #56 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 1:16pm
 
nOT ACCORDING TO HADCRUT AND NOT ACCORDING TO MY OBSERVATIONS...  NOR THOSE OF A GREAT MANY PEOPLE SOME EVEN BETTER QUALIFIED THAN YOU.  Grin

Oh and BTW WE WERE is just fine thanks.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Grendel: man cannot control the climate
Reply #57 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 1:24pm
 
Grendel wrote on Jul 23rd, 2009 at 1:16pm:
nOT ACCORDING TO HADCRUT AND NOT ACCORDING TO MY OBSERVATIONS...  NOR THOSE OF A GREAT MANY PEOPLE SOME EVEN BETTER QUALIFIED THAN YOU.  Grin



Well the people best qualified to comment would be the people at Hadley Centre in the UK who issue the data in Hadcrut.

Here is what they have to say:
Quote:
Climate change goes on. Average global temperatures are now some 0.75 °C warmer than they were 100 years ago and since the mid-1970s average global temperatures have increased at a rate of more than 0.15 °C per decade. Yet over the last 10 years temperatures have
risen more slowly
, causing some to claim that global warming has stopped. Here we explain why this is not the case and explains that observed changes are entirely consistent with our understanding of natural fluctuations of the climate within a trend of continuing long-term warming.
The evidence is very clear that global temperatures are rising and that humans are largely responsible.


http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climatechange/science/monitoring/

That must be right if you accept their data without question  - right Grendel?
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Grendel
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 28080
Gender: male
Re: Grendel: man cannot control the climate
Reply #58 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 1:34pm
 
I'm not going to re post everything I already have about that Bozo I have articles and graphs that refute your interpretation of that.

let me put it in IPCC speak... 1998* was the peak year and  every year since has been less  therefore temps are going or trending down if any are above that on concensus it must be an anomaly
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Grendel: man cannot control the climate
Reply #59 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 1:38pm
 
Grendel wrote on Jul 23rd, 2009 at 1:34pm:
I'm not going to re post everything I already have about that Bozo I have articles and graphs that refute your interpretation of that.


Don't get flustered now - I'm just asking you if you accept Hadley's data and commentary.

Note - it's not my commentary. It's straight from the people who publish the hadcrut data set.

Now what exactly are you saying? Who do you trust here?
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print