Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Sorry - No discussions on Islam in Environment (Read 3312 times)
tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sorry - No discussions on Islam in Environment
Feb 14th, 2009 at 10:02pm

muso wrote on Feb 14th, 2009 at 8:09pm:
(By the way this board is hereby declared free of thinly disguised attacks on Muslims or any other religions. If you object to this and can get the backing of FD to restore any deleted posts, I will gladly step down as moderator. )

The tread you have deleted was about degradation of environment by human activities. If you are not happy with that then stop blame any human activities for environmental change.

Now restore that thread and leave it or move it to the Fringe if you think that's where human impact on environment belongs.

« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2009 at 9:20am by muso »  

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Re: Busfire - GREENIES TO BLAME
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 11:43pm

tallowood wrote on Feb 14th, 2009 at 10:02pm:
(By the way this board is hereby declared free of thinly disguised attacks on Muslims or any other religions. If you object to this and can get the backing of FD to restore any deleted posts, I will gladly step down as moderator. )

The tread you have deleted was about degradation of environment by human activities. If you are not happy with that then stop blame any human activities for environmental change.

Now restore that thread and leave it or move it to the Fringe if you think that's where human impact on environment belongs.

There was perhaps one post in that thread that had any relevance to the topic of this board. If you want to discuss Islam, find another board.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 12:11am

muso wrote on Feb 14th, 2009 at 11:43pm:
tallowood wrote on Feb 14th, 2009 at 10:02pm:

There was perhaps one post in that thread that had any relevance to the topic of this board. If you want to discuss Islam, find another board.

Like if the most posts are about anything else?

Well then, sent it in full to to the Fringe if you think that's where human impact on environment belongs. Of course it will mean that green debate is just another ideological movement similar in colour to mohammedism.  Angry

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 12:23am

Sorry Tallo, but I fully agree with Muso's stance on this subject, it is a serious issue, which deserves not to be sidetracked.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 12:34am

mozzaok wrote on Feb 15th, 2009 at 12:23am:
Sorry Tallo, but I fully agree with Muso's stance on this subject, it is a serious issue, which deserves not to be sidetracked.

You don't need to be sorry. It is your opinion and you are free to express it.
But from now on I will point out the fear of  freedom of opinions by pretended environmentalists just as I do with islam. The more they suppress the freedom of speech the weaker they become.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Re: Sorry - No discussions on Islam in Environment
Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 9:24am

Look guys - just how many boards do you need to hijack with this incessant talk about Islam? I'm sick of reading post after post about Islam, and I don't think I'm the only one. If I wanted to read about Islam, I'd go to the Islam board. Let's stay on topic.

Is that too hard to swallow?

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Sorry - No honest discussions in Environment
Reply #6 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 10:40am

muso wrote on Feb 15th, 2009 at 9:24am:
Look guys - just how many boards do you need to hijack with this incessant talk about Islam? I'm sick of reading post after post about Islam, and I don't think I'm the only one. If I wanted to read about Islam, I'd go to the Islam board. Let's stay on topic.

And what would you do if you wanted to write about islam?

But that is beside the point. The thread that you have deleted was not about islam but about islam influence on environment just like about influences of any other human activities and/or ideologies.
Well I suppose you have to much of personal interest involve to allow honest discussion.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Re: Sorry - No Islam discussions in Environment
Reply #7 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 12:04pm

tallowood wrote on Feb 15th, 2009 at 10:40am:
muso wrote on Feb 15th, 2009 at 9:24am:

And what would you do if you wanted to write about islam?

But that is beside the point. The thread that you have deleted was not about islam but about islam influence on environment just like about influences of any other human activities and/or ideologies.
Well I suppose you have to much of personal interest involve to allow honest discussion.

Too much of a personal interest? You must be kidding. I'm not interested in Islam. I have as many problems with Islam as I have with Better than thou Holy Joe, Bible thumping Christianity. The thread was basically discussing the fact that a religion was responsible for land degradation in the Middle East. I could just as easily assert that Roman polytheism was responsible for devastation of large tracts of Etruria, which was previously a land of milk and honey under the Etruscans. Now that assertion would be about as stilted and absurd as the one made on that thread.

The only reason for the thread was to deliberately attempt to annoy the Muslims on this board, and that is exactly the same reason as the majority of the anti-Islam threads on the entire board. It's exactly the same destructive force that causes wars  - My religion is better than your religion, or in its basic form, a kind of  religious tribalism.  Sorry Tallow, but if you don't like it, play your game of xenophobia on Fringe instead for all care.

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 1:25pm

muso wrote on Feb 15th, 2009 at 12:04pm:
Too much of a personal interest? You must be kidding. I'm not interested in Islam.

I id not say that you are interested in islam, I said that you are serving your own self interest.

Quote:
The thread was basically discussing the fact that a religion was responsible for land degradation in the Middle East. I could just as easily assert that Roman polytheism was responsible for devastation of large tracts of Etruria, which was previously a land of milk and honey under the Etruscans. Now that assertion would be about as stilted and absurd as the one made on that thread.

If it is absurd why don't you show it in a honest discussion instead of using dictatorial delete button?

Quote:
The only reason for the thread was to deliberately attempt to annoy the Muslims on this board, and that is exactly the same reason as the majority of the anti-Islam threads on the entire board. It's exactly the same destructive force that causes wars  - My religion is better than your religion, or in its basic form, a kind of  religious tribalism.

I told you more then once that the thread was not about islam but about environment but dictators ever listen.

Quote:
Sorry Tallow, but if you don't like it, play your game of xenophobia on Fringe instead for all care.

Mate, the only phobias in play here is yours. Sad

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #9 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 1:40pm

tallowood wrote on Feb 15th, 2009 at 1:25pm:
I told you more then once that the thread was not about islam but about environment but dictators ever listen.

In that case, start a new thread about land degradation in Australia if that's the central issue.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 6:02pm

mozzaok wrote on Feb 15th, 2009 at 12:23am:

Not possible. This forum has become a shooting gallery for Islam junkies. I doubt the regular posters here could go even one day without an Islamophine shot.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2009 at 6:18pm by NorthOfNorth »  

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 7:54pm

Sorry everyone, but this is not the correct place to raise this either. This board is specifically not for criticism of people's hosting styles. The mdoerator is within his rights to ban the discussion of Islam on that board.

I have banned people from this board for ignoring this rule. I will do it again if necessary.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 11:47am

Thread moved to relationships board.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #13 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 1:50pm

Quote:
Too much of a personal interest? You must be kidding. I'm not interested in Islam. I have as many problems with Islam as I have with Better than thou Holy Joe, Bible thumping Christianity. The thread was basically discussing the fact that a religion was responsible for land degradation in the Middle East. I could just as easily assert that Roman polytheism was responsible for devastation of large tracts of Etruria, which was previously a land of milk and honey under the Etruscans. Now that assertion would be about as stilted and absurd as the one made on that thread.

Grin

Quote:
This forum has become a shooting gallery for Islam junkies. I doubt the regular posters here could go even one day without an Islamophine shot.

Too true.  Every thread is turned into an anti-Islamic topic.  No wonder so many people have stopped posting here regularly.

Quote:

You're not Sprintcyclist's twin brother are you Tallow?  Smiley

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #14 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 4:34pm

Tallo, it is time to ease up, simple as that.
Whatever you believe your cause to be, if you come off like a fanatic, then you will have a negative influence upon the message you are trying to get across, if you are discounted brfore you begin, because you are seen as a fanatic.

I realise you are peaved, but if you look at people's behaviour in general, they usually make poor decisions when they are angry, so count to ten, and start again.

This time, try and remain cool, and dispassionate, and do not take a scatter gun approach, but rather, try and choose an issue that you can contribute valuable points to, and then people will start to listen.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print