Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Libs complete their cave-in!!! (Read 1477 times)
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Libs complete their cave-in!!!
Feb 28th, 2008 at 12:39pm

Coalition goes cool on nuclear energy plants The Age Chris Hammer February 28, 2008 - "THE Federal Opposition has quietly ditched its support for a nuclear power industry in Australia

.Environment spokesman Greg Hunt has told The Age: 'In the next 40 years, I think there is a zero chance of a nuclear power industry in Australia.' Mr Hunt said the Coalition's policy was changed at a shadow cabinet meeting in December, although no statement was issued at the time.

The decision represents an abrupt departure from the policy the Howard government took to last November's election

In the year before the poll, then prime minister John Howard repeatedly stated that nuclear must be one of the options considered as part of Australia's future energy mix.

New Coalition leader Brendan Nelson was an early advocate of nuclear power........................................".

source: http://www.antinuclear.net/

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Libs complete their cave-in!!!
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 12:57pm

Let me guess - they're just doing it so they can screw us over to prove how bad Labor is and make us sorry for electing them.....

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 1:16pm

They have just realised that Kevvy will continue down the coal path so there is no point...seems like global warming isn't that important then

Political Animal has little moderation. It is the forum for free speech and free thinkers to converse passionately without the threat of being banned. It is a forum for adults.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 1:18pm

freediver wrote on Feb 28th, 2008 at 12:57pm:
Let me guess - they're just doing it so they can screw us over to prove how bad Labor is and make us sorry for electing them.....

Hmmmn, how would that work?!?

It's all good news as far as I can tell... Huh Tongue Huh

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #4 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 1:21pm

IQSRLOW wrote on Feb 28th, 2008 at 1:16pm:
They have just realised that Kevvy will continue down the coal path so there is no point...seems like global warming isn't that important then

Grin Grin Grin

Ay?!?!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Wink Wink Wink

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Huh Roll Eyes Tongue

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 1:26pm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200702/s1856396.htm

Perhaps some reading of material that's a bit more outside your narrow little viewpoint?

Grin Grin Grin
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Wink Wink Wink
Shocked Shocked Shocked
Tongue Tongue Tongue

Roll Eyes

Political Animal has little moderation. It is the forum for free speech and free thinkers to converse passionately without the threat of being banned. It is a forum for adults.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Libs have not dumped nuke policy: Nelson
Reply #6 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 1:59pm

http://news.smh.com.au/libs-have-not-dumped-nuke-policy-nelson/20080228-1vgx.html

Federal Opposition Leader Brendan Nelson is denying the coalition has dumped its nuclear energy policy, despite comments to the contrary by some of his frontbench colleagues.

Dr Nelson insists the party's policy - to investigate the possibility of nuclear power - remains unchanged from the position the coalition took to the federal election last November.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Smith

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 2:00pm

freediver wrote on Feb 28th, 2008 at 12:57pm:

Thing is a lot of voters who voted labor ,were once Liberal. Not sure what the Libs dont understand .Lost a lot of staunch Lib supporters and the PM lost his seat ,it was a crippling defeat.

A lot more than just a few disgruntled voters who tossed them out it has to be said..Nelson has to change his stance.

Its not possible that those who voted for labor could be made "sorry" because they were made well aware of the complete picture before voting and voted Howard out anyway.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #8 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 10:54pm

IQSRLOW wrote on Feb 28th, 2008 at 1:26pm:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200702/s1856396.htm

Perhaps some reading of material that's a bit more outside your narrow little viewpoint?

Grin Grin Grin
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Wink Wink Wink
Shocked Shocked Shocked
Tongue Tongue Tongue

Roll Eyes

???...Clean Coal is not part of Kevin Rudds 2020 targets!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print