Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anna Coren a performer (Read 4302 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Anna Coren a performer
Nov 15th, 2007 at 10:39am

of course, what else is she ???
What credibility ..........

"THE credibility of Today Tonight host Anna Coren has been officially declared a joke, after her own management this week successfully argued in court that she's regarded as just a "performer."

The demeaning job description for the former US correspondent, which emerged in legal documents yesterday, was the backhanded way Channel 7 was able to block The Chaser's War on Everything from airing a stunt involving the star during last night's show.

In an expensive bid to stop the skit via a Supreme Court injunction, Seven's lawyer Dauid Sibtain stated Coren's involvement as a "performer" meant the ABC would be breaking copyright laws if they reproduced her image without her employer's consent. "

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22760196-5012980,00.html

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Anna Coren a performer
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2007 at 10:43am

Interesting. Can't they just get a lookalike?

I saw some of their old skits on TV yesterday. It was pretty funny. Those dodgy current affairs shows need to be exposed for what they are - empty headed entertainment. Hopefully this is just the start of the saga.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

prometheus

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2007 at 11:54am

freediver wrote on Nov 15th, 2007 at 10:43am:

I saw some of their old skits on TV yesterday. It was pretty funny. Those dodgy current affairs shows need to be exposed for what they are - empty headed entertainment. Hopefully this is just the start of the saga.

Agree FD, they are very dodgy and the biased and invasive reporting ,barging into pple homes, ambushing people, ought to be illegal.

They are a public menace and what kind of audience do they have anyway. Dont believe Ive ever bothered to watch one.

IP Logged

Flynn

OzPolitic

Canberra
Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2007 at 6:38am

prometheus wrote on Nov 15th, 2007 at 11:54am:
freediver wrote on Nov 15th, 2007 at 10:43am:

Agree FD, they are very dodgy and the biased and invasive reporting ,barging into pple homes, ambushing people, ought to be illegal.

They are a public menace and what kind of audience do they have anyway. Dont believe Ive ever bothered to watch one.

How do you know what those dodgy TV programs are like unless you have watched one ?

Funny thing is, as I read your post I thought your comments could have been about The Chasers or Current Affair programs.

The Chaser crew are a funny bunch of guys but their antics have also been an invasion of privacy or the very least invasion of personal space. Going into a department store, stripping off naked and getting into bed is funny as funny can be, except for the people who had to clean up after them.

Or was that skit one of their stage managed up jobs ?

The Chasers popularity has turned them into the same people that they satirize, they are no better than the commercial current affairs shows.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Nov 16th, 2007 at 8:44am

flynn - that's exactly whay i thought.
I thought who is prom talkng about , anna or chasers ??

Chasers are a public nuisance

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Nov 16th, 2007 at 9:37am

They don't pretend be to be a news service.

IP Logged

Flynn

OzPolitic

Canberra
Reply #6 - Nov 16th, 2007 at 10:25am

Prom

Best you just read Sprints reply, I have nothing further to add that could help you there.

Sprint

I gotta say that first impressions always count,( that's why I'm trying so hard to be a pleasant ), a little bit of unintentional ambiguity sort of sets the width of the goal posts for me though.

Free D

Anna wants to be regarded as a serious jouralist, she doesn't pretend or want to be a comedian but she is. The Chasers don't really want to be regarded as another bunch of Tossers doing a current Affairs program but they are.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Nov 16th, 2007 at 10:38am

flynn - the tv presenters/news readers, they are not "journalists" in my book.

They just read from a bit of paper.  They are entertainers.

What they read is not "theirs". It's what they are given to read. Completely different to a columnist.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Nov 16th, 2007 at 10:42am

So the Chasers are a current affairs program but Coren's show isn't?

IP Logged

Flynn

OzPolitic

Canberra
Reply #9 - Nov 16th, 2007 at 11:50am

Sprint

There are a couple of journo's on the ABC's news programs, hard to find anyone on the commercial stations that shouldn't be classed as performers/entertainers.

Free D

Sarcasm mate, sarcasm !

They are as bad as each other.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print