Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
abusive parents on the sideline (Read 1838 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
abusive parents on the sideline
Aug 7th, 2007 at 8:01pm

I think one of the states recently introduced laws requiring referees of children's matches to stop play when parents became abusive on the sideline and demand the parents leave the game. Maybe this is the fallout:

Dad banned from junior football games

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Dad-banned-from-junior-football-games/2007/08/07/1186252700123.html

A 48-year-old father has been banned for life from junior football games after being charged with assault for allegedly knocking out a boy who scuffled with his son during a match in Perth.

Police allege the man ran on to the field and repeatedly punched his son's 13-year-old opponent during the last quarter of a junior Aussie rules match in south suburban Attadale on Saturday.

The boy, who lost consciousness during the assault, was treated at hospital for facial injuries, police said.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: abusive parents on the sideline
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 8:56pm

That dad probably should have been warned/banned some time before that.
Good on the organisers of the game to ban him. Hope the kid sues him extensively.

When I'm watching one of my kids play basketball I like to sit with a dad from the other team and chat with him. I tend to watch very litle of the game. The kids don't hear what poeple yell out anyway.
That's up to tthe coach.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print