Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
When are we going to stop Sudanese Immigrants? (Read 3306 times)
ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
When are we going to stop Sudanese Immigrants?
Jun 27th, 2007 at 8:11pm

Quote:
Government under fire over HIV monitoring

By Catherine Best
June 26, 2007

THE Victorian health department's supervision of high-risk HIV carriers is under renewed scrutiny amid allegations another infected man engaged in unsafe sex.

Lam Kuoth, 28, is charged with reckless conduct endangering serious injury. He was today released on bail by a Geelong magistrate.

The charge relates to a 24-year-old woman Mr Kuoth allegedly had unprotected sex with on April 22.

The alleged offence occurred while Mr Kuoth was under the watch of the Department of Human Services (DHS).

Victorian Health Minister Bronwyn Pike said the DHS began monitoring Mr Kuoth late last year but it wasn't until April that he was given a public health order and police were alerted as soon as the allegations emerged.

"This is an example of how the system can work well, there's been great co-operation between the department of human services and the police," Ms Pike said.

Mr Kuoth was detained at Thomas Embling Hospital for 28 days under an isolation order before being released on May 25.

Ms Pike said the alleged offence occurred before his incarceration.

"As soon as the department became aware that behaviour had escalated and there was a requirement for a public health order then that was put in place," she said.

"When the alleged offences were disclosed the department immediately notified police."

Ms Pike came under pressure to resign earlier this year over a series of departmental bungles involving the sexual exploits of four HIV positive men.

Chief health officer Dr Robert Hall was sacked after health chiefs were not advised an HIV-positive man accused of having sex with 16 people should be isolated from the community.

Dr Hall was also criticised for his handling of a food poisoning outbreak at a Melbourne nursing home.

Opposition Leader Ted Baillieu said the latest alleged HIV case was a "dramatic failure" by the Government and occurred at the same time Ms Pike was peddling assurances that the system would be overhauled.

"But it seems we've had yet another failure," Mr Baillieu said.

The DHS is monitoring about 20 HIV positive people and an audit of the department's handling of HIV supervision was almost complete, Ms Pike said.

This is just disgusting. I wish the Government would just say "screw you UN, we're not accepting anymore immigrants from Africa and the Middle East."

Hopefully if we build nuclear power plants we can develop nuclear weapons... then we can at least afford to leave the UN and not abide by their ridiculous immigration requirements.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: When are we going to stop Sudanese Immigrants?
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2007 at 8:20pm

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 9:54pm

Well nothing much has been done since this was posted in 2007.
The  increase in Sudanese has accelerated.

There was even a man from Africa who purposely infected 117 Australian women with HIV (gaoled of course).

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 10:12pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 9:54pm:

There was even a man from Africa who purposely infected 117 Australian women with HIV (gaoled of course).

He probably thought that "giving other people" HIV will somehow transfer out the HIV from him. So is the alleged culture of Africans.

And where does the time go? This post is 10 years old.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 10:22pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 10:12pm:

He probably thought that "giving other people" HIV will somehow transfer out the HIV from him. So is the alleged culture of Africans.

And where does the time go? This post is 10 years old.

I think you're right. In South Africa the witch-doctors push the cure as being like that. They tell men to 'rape' little infants, even newborns and they will be cured of their HIV.
Quite sickening to be honest. It's a pretty prolific belief these days and it has spread into other parts of Africa.

Yes - 10 years. I occasionally bring up the odd 'Retro' Topic from way back. Last one got me into a bit of trouble though with one of the members.  Tongue Pure coincidence.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 10:24pm

10 years...

"All those ...moments, will be lost - like ...tears ...in rain"

thLLDQFBST.jpg (5 KB | 27 )
thLLDQFBST.jpg

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 12:32pm

Legislation has been changed to allow AIDS/HIV carriers to not have to tell their sexual partners that they are infected.

Now isn't that a further step in the right direction?  Roll Eyes

NOT!

I'm certain with all the decisions being made by our Politicians from across all camps ....

re: this sort of legislation & ridiculous refugee & immigration policy

that they all have a death wish.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 1:49pm

Says a lot about Australian women, doesn't it. Grin

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #8 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:23am

minarchist wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 1:49pm:

Says a lot about Australian women, doesn't it. Grin

Doesn't speak too highly of them. Probably no condom for nearly all of them. Likely that they wanted to show that they were not racist towards Africans. Maybe he tried to race bait them into bed.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 3:50am

Ex-Member Donald Trump has come a long way since 2007.
Look where he is now!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print