Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Did humans originate from Australia or Africa? (Read 15631 times)
ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Did humans originate from Australia or Africa?
Jun 27th, 2007 at 1:21am

Whilst it's largely accepted that homo-sapiens originated from Africa... I've heard a theory from numerous sources that it wasn't Africa mankind originated from but was actually Australia... (They were respectable sources).

Has anyone heard this theory and does anyone think it's possible that Aborigines are the earth's original human beings?

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Did humans originate from Australia or Africa?
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2007 at 8:57am

I think the first man was red. As in american indian red.
then we turned different couours due to the climate where we lived.

Mind you, I am not a respectable source.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2007 at 1:41pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 27th, 2007 at 8:57am:

Out of curiousity, what makes you think Indianscame first?

According to the race/IQ thread, Indians were the most recent people to evolve.

Not going to query you or anything.... just curious. A lot of people have their own special theories.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2007 at 1:46pm

hahha, now you are going to really dislike me !!

the name "adam" means red man.  Inidians have/had a very good social structure and spiritual understanding.
AND they looked cool.  That's important to me.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

AusNat 14/88
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2007 at 3:19pm

ex-member DonaldTrump wrote on Jun 27th, 2007 at 1:21am:
Whilst it's largely accepted that homo-sapiens originated from Africa... I've heard a theory from numerous sources that it wasn't Africa mankind originated from but was actually Australia... (They were respectable sources).

Has anyone heard this theory and does anyone think it's possible that Aborigines are the earth's original human beings?

Ive heard of this theory too. I guess that makes the Abo's a museum piece, as they never changed from original. Why not? they are still inferior cavemen.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2007 at 6:07pm

DT did you see this on a TV show today?

According to the race/IQ thread, Indians were the most recent people to evolve.

'Arrive' is a more accurate term.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2007 at 7:23pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 27th, 2007 at 1:46pm:
hahha, now you are going to really dislike me !!

the name "adam" means red man.  Inidians have/had a very good social structure and spiritual understanding.
AND they looked cool.  That's important to me.

Haha. No problem. Don't mind at all.

Ausnat Quote:
Ive heard of this theory too. I guess that makes the Abo's a museum piece, as they never changed from original.

Well... this theory came about when they found mungo man which is 'claimed' to date back 60,000 years. Although other estimates are around 30,000.

Further, they found other sub-human species on Indonesia. What I mean by that is a species completely different to humans.

A few of my old ancient civilisation teachers brought this up in a lesson... but dismissed it as unlikely. I just thought I'd bring it up to see what you guys thought.

Further, according to Aboriginal sources... they have ALWAYS been in Australia... but I guess Aboriginal sources... (Dreamtime stories) ... are pretty unreliable.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #7 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 11:55am

As Australia was once part of Africa, South America, India, Antarctica, New Guinea, and New Zealand - the theory of aboriginals being the first homo sapiens makes sense.

Freediver - what do you mean "arrive".  Couldn't the aboriginals have been part of another culture evolving in Australia when the land mass separated?  How would they have had the capability of travelling such vast differences by water?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 12:01pm

I think you've got your time scales mixed up mantra. The land masses separated long before the first humans arrived on the scene (by anyone's estimation).

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #9 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 4:04pm

Ive heard that said Donald and it wouldnt surprise me.. they are a very ancient race.

but I tend to go with the African theory..it seems to be a more rounded and developed arguement.

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 4:07pm

I think that building theories on such scant data is fraught with danger, but not as much danger as relying on 'traditional' knowledge.

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #11 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 4:09pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 27th, 2007 at 8:57am:

Ive heard this same theory but in relation to the African race ..that we all started there and as evolutionary processes took over and we spread across the world ie: Russia and Australia that our skin colours evolved to adapt to environmental factors/stressors. Makes sense. Ind pple/Africans have a much higher resistance to skin cancer than pple from cold climates, who environments produced limited and weaker uv and uva rays.

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #12 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 4:11pm

freediver wrote on Jun 28th, 2007 at 4:07pm:
I think that building theories on such scant data is fraught with danger, but not as much danger as relying on 'traditional' knowledge.

which data would this be FD ?..noone had  put any forward yet.

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #13 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 4:14pm

African Archaeology
The Search for the Beginnings of Humankind

About 3.6 million years ago, three early hominids were walking across the plains of what is now known as Laetoli in East Africa when the volcano Sadiman erupted, showering the earth with ashes. A light rain was falling at the same time, and as the hominids continued to walk, each footprint they made was cast into the mixture of muddy ash. When the impressions later dried, the result was two rows of footprints; apparently, two of the hominids walked side by side, the third, perhaps a juvenile, trailed behind the one on the right, stepping in the footprints of his predecessor.

Three and a half million years later, these footprints were to be found by Mary Leakey and her team of archaeologists. The incredible find, however, is more than just an important archaeological discovery, although it is certainly that. The finding of actual footprints from humankind's ancient ancestors represents the true grandeur of the archaeological bounty to be found in Africa, as well as how far the archaeology of human evolution has come. Only fifty years before the footprint find of 1978, very few scientists believed humans had originated in Africa. Practically ignoring Raymond Dart's Taung Baby from South Africa, attention on the search for the earliest humans was focused on China, where the Peking Man skull was found. Scientists such as Sir Arthur Keith, who wrote The Antiquity of Man in 1915, had a great impact on this mal-focusing of attention, arguing that of the major fossil discoveries at the time, the Neanderthal, Peking Man, and Java Man, represented various species of human that existed in ancient times, with the Piltdown man being the true precursor of modern humans (Interestingly, forty years later the Piltdown man turned out to be a hoax which brought together a five-hundred year old human skullcap with the lower jaw and incisors of an orangutan).

What changed all this? Beginning with the extraordinary finds of Louis and Mary Leakey at Olduvai Gorge from the 1930s on, such a wealth of fossils has been found in Africa (especially East Africa) that it became the obvious "cradle" of human life. Over the years, many extraordinary finds have been made (including a great number of species of hominids and other animals), and with each discovery some theories as to the classification of certain fossils are toppled while others have been bolstered. Many scholarly battles have been waged over these classifications, yet after all these years the hierarchy of human evolution is still as contentious as ever.

Although the debates about the true relationships of the hominid fossil discoveries to date will likely not be resolved any time soon, there are three main theories of the evolutionary tree of humans and a much greater number of theories on the actual classification of the fossils with regard to this evolutionary tree. This site explores these theories, as well as the evidence on which the theories are based.

http://www.utexas.edu/courses/wilson/ant304/projects/projects97/weimanp/weimanp....

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #14 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 4:19pm

Australia was once part of Asia and in that time Australia was  known as Sunda Sahul..this is before the first Aborigines came across the small devide on crude crafts to arrive on these shores.

I doubt very much if Ind pple were the 1st pple in the world..they are at least as old as the Asian pple themselves.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print