Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
missile attack on Sydney bus (Read 4197 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
missile attack on Sydney bus
Jun 7th, 2007 at 10:26am

a metho cannon?

Missile attacks halt Sydney buses

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Missile-attacks-halt-Sydney-buses/2007/06/07/1181089190844.html

A homemade rocket fired through a bus window is the latest in a string of attacks which has halted most bus services in a western Sydney suburb.

Drivers held a meeting on Wednesday after an incident this week in which a missile was fired at a moving bus in Willmot from a rocket launcher made of plastic.

The projectile, of an unknown material, hit the bus with such force it smashed through windows on either side.

No passengers were on board and the driver escaped injury.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

AusNat
Ex Member

Re: missile attack on Sydney bus
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 11:02am

Bloody blacks. Angry

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 11:12am

How do you know it's blacks?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 11:13am

I think he was joking.

IP Logged

AusNat
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 11:14am

Willmot, is a tongan/ aboriginal area.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 12:52pm

Was probably funded by the hezbollah

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

skeptic

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 1:48pm

sounds more like a bunch of teens experimenting with explosives, when i was at school alot of kids had experimented with pipe bombs for fun.

AusNat, even though Wilmot is a Tongan/Aboriginal area, not everyone living there is Tongan or Aboriginal, so u should just assume that they did it. it could have been a white kid for all we know.

IP Logged

AusNat
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 8th, 2007 at 12:03am

Quote:
AusNat, even though Wilmot is a Tongan/Aboriginal area, not everyone living there is Tongan or Aboriginal, so u should just assume that they did it. it could have been a white kid for all we know.

Maybe, but what are the odds?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Willmotis at it again
Reply #8 - Jan 10th, 2008 at 2:26pm

Buses cancelled after bottle attack

http://news.smh.com.au/buses-cancelled-after-bottle-attack/20080110-1l6l.html

A bus driver was left shaken when a bottle, allegedly hurled by a teenage boy, shattered his windscreen, prompting a snap union ban on services through the Sydney suburb of Willmot.

The Transport Workers Union (TWU) said Westbus, the government contractor for the area, had cancelled services through the south-western suburb until at least midday (AEDT) Friday in response to the latest attack.

It is the second time in six months that public transport in Willmot has been suspended due to attacks on buses.

Westbus driver Shane Fox, who was uninjured in Thursday's incident, said his bus was also targeted six months ago, and he feared for his safety every time he had to pass through Willmot.

Police allege a boy walked into the path of the bus about 6.30am (AEDT) and threw a glass bottle at the vehicle's windscreen.

A 15-year-old boy was charged with affray and malicious damage after being arrested a short distance from the Discovery Avenue scene.

The TWU said it understood the bus's newly-installed forward-facing cameras were used to help identify the alleged perpetrator.

The Transport Workers Union says the incident, as well as being the latest in a string of similar attacks, follows the recent robberies of three drivers working in the suburb.

"Usually they throw house bricks at us.

All bus services in Willmot, barring school runs, were suspended in June last year after a number of rock-throwing and related attacks.

The most serious incident occurred in June, when a moving bus was hit by a missile fired from a homemade launcher.

Man 'belts' bus with cricket bat: union

http://news.smh.com.au/man-belts-bus-with-cricket-bat-union/20080111-1len.html

A man has belted a bus with a cricket bat in a road rage incident in western Sydney, the second bus attack in the area in as many days.

The Transport Workers Union (TWU) said the attack happened in Rooty Hill at about 9.30am (AEDT) on Friday.

"A bloke with road rage jumped out of a car and attacked the bus with a (cricket) bat," TWU spokesman Mark Bell told Macquarie Radio.

"The facts that I've got is that he pulled up and abused the (bus) driver and then the driver moved on.

"He then followed the bus and then pulled in front of it to stop the bus from going anywhere and then just got out and started attacking the bus."

Mr Bell said the man was "belting" the bus when police arrived and subdued him with capsicum spray. The man was later transported by ambulance to hospital.

The attack occurred as Westbus drivers and union officials held a stop-work meeting at the nearby Penrith depot with police and government representatives over improvements to driver safety.

Westbus drivers vote on Willmot ban

http://news.smh.com.au/westbus-drivers-vote-on-willmot-ban/20080111-1len.html

Drivers have voted to stop bus services to two streets in the western Sydney suburb of Willmot, where a teen pelted a vehicle with a bottle on Thursday.

But the Transport Workers' Union (TWU) says the gesture was an "olive branch" to the community, with drivers showing compassion to the local community by stopping short of a ban on the entire suburb.

Westbus drivers called a snap ban on routes through Willmot, after a 15-year-old on Thursday threw a glass bottle at the windscreen of a bus.

http://news.smh.com.au/buses-under-attack-street-routes-banned/20080111-1len.html

Undercover police will ride buses through a western Sydney suburb where two streets have been declared public transport no-go zones.

"We have assurances from the police about increased patrols by the police, both undercover and in marked police cars."

More buses were being fitted with CCTV cameras and officers would travel undercover as passengers.

Meanwhile, police say the Rooty Hill incident on Friday involved a man in his 60s locked in a dispute with a passenger, believed to be his grandson.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2008 at 10:12am by freediver »  

IP Logged

RecFisher

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Jan 12th, 2008 at 5:01pm

Fair enough.  Bus drivers shouldn't have to be subjected to that sorth of crap while doing their job.

IP Logged

Labor_Man

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Jan 14th, 2008 at 9:09pm

smacking drunks/ Juveniles. Soudns like the sort of thing that I hear is commonplace for the south-western suburbs of Sydney. And I've got tonnes of relatives in those areas.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print