Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
taking Matthew Sutton's life (Read 3403 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
taking Matthew Sutton's life
Mar 20th, 2007 at 4:34pm

Should Matthew's parents be shown leniency by the law for their actions?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/couple-charged-with-sons-murder/2005/07/07/1120704500233.html

A couple have been charged with murdering their disabled son who had been facing an operation likely to rob him of his only link to the outside world.

Margaret Sutton told Westmead Coroner's Court on Tuesday that her son was born with no eyes, "part of his face missing" and intellectual disabilities. But Matthew could hear and talk. Sound was his link to the outside world.

The morning after his death he was due to have an operation that would have left him deaf for at least three months, and with very limited hearing, if any, after that.

He did not understand what an operation was, let alone its consequences, but his parents understood too well: Matthew usually banged his head, hurt himself or became violent to others if he got angry and frustrated, his mother told the court.

Mrs Sutton told the coroner's court she cleaned her son and made him comfortable in his bed before an ambulance was called about three hours later.

But police were suspicious and in 2003 placed listening devices in their home, then invited Mrs Sutton for another interview.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Re: taking Matthew Sutton's life
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2007 at 11:29pm

I think its cruel to let a disabled or spastic live.

They should me mercifully euthanised at birth. Shocked

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

sprintcyclist
Ex Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 4:20pm

There are mitigating circumstances.  But someone was unlawfully killed.
Is one of those lose lose situations really.

Some of my friends have 2 badly autistic kids.
The burden on them is terrible.
They have made arrangements for their kids ot be cared for after they pass away.
Their kids will NEVER "mature".

I can't see a "right" resolution. Just glad it was not me really.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

sprintcyclist
Ex Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 4:22pm

28 posts !!!!!!!! Is that all I have !!

Some of mine should count for at LEAST ......... 18 each !!
They are so ........... hhmhmmm, anyway, I want more !!!

Can I appeal the decision ?

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2019 at 10:02pm

Only the Medical Industry should be allowed to
put em down like a doggie on the Vet table.
Maybe process them into a gas chamber that is set up to be an entire computerised journey to heaven with some happy gas thrown in first, before the Irukanji vapors drift in.

It would be good for the Economy.
Just sayin.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2019 at 10:18pm

More thread necromancy? You might have to change your nick, The necromancer.

Jasin wrote on Nov 10th, 2019 at 10:02pm:
Maybe process them into a gas chamber that is set up to be an entire computerised journey to heaven with some happy gas thrown in first, before the Irukanji vapors drift in.

Just sayin.

Hmm. I'm not with you on that one. Even our stone age ancestors looked after the seemingly worthless. So did Neanderthal. Caring for people for who they are, not their worth to the economy has always been the case if it was possible to do so.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2019 at 10:26pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #6 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 4:06am

Only humans have the stupidity to maintain the lives, at a burden, of disabled children.

All animals in nature rid themselves of the genetic misfortunes rather than have their gene pool tainted.

We even allow disabled to breed, often more disabled children.

The burden on the parents, society in general and the various systems is tremendous and unjustified.

They even built a seriously expensive disabled access at Tuggerah station, which cost more than the station itself, for disabled access.
In the first year it was not used
In the subsequent years, it has been used a few times, certainly not enough to justify the ridiculous amount wasted on it.
It woukd have been better to simply give the disabled new, modified cars.

Building "must HAVE, disabled access and toilets.
In the factory in which I work, we are required to have disabled toilets.
But there is not one task tgat a disabled person could do on the 22 to 44 ton heavy underground mining equipment.

This toilet is simply a storage area, never used, what a waste of money.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #7 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 4:42am

"placed listening devices in their home" . . . . .  that is legal now? How did they get in?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 6:29am

Valkie wrote on Nov 11th, 2019 at 4:06am:
Only humans have the stupidity to maintain the lives, at a burden, of disabled children.

All animals in nature rid themselves of the genetic misfortunes rather than have their gene pool tainted.

The burden on the parents, society in general and the various systems is tremendous and unjustified.

They even built a seriously expensive disabled access at Tuggerah station, which cost more than the station itself, for disabled access.
In the subsequent years, it has been used a few times, certainly not enough to justify the ridiculous amount wasted on it.

But there is not one task tgat a disabled person could do on the 22 to 44 ton heavy underground mining equipment.

I honestly don't think in all my life i've encountered somebody quite as nasty and inadequately educated as you are.

You're utterly reprehensible.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #9 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 6:49am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Mar 21st, 2007 at 4:22pm:
28 posts !!!!!!!! Is that all I have !!

Some of mine should count for at LEAST ......... 18 each !!
They are so ........... hhmhmmm, anyway, I want more !!!

Can I appeal the decision ?

Of course you can appeal - but you must do so through the proper channels... which unfortunately are not available at the moment... you can however, begin the process by traveling to Perth and lodging an application there... but the waiting list is long.... for such a journey I mean... then you will need a certificate of application to even begin your application... and that is currently out of print... and certified documents for such a travel event take a long time to process anyway and you'll need your Austrochine Internal Passport first before you can travel inside The South Eastern Province, which may not be granted by the New Australian (Chinese) authorities... so perhaps you could simply wait until everything comes back online...
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2019 at 6:54am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #10 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 6:51am

Jasin wrote on Nov 10th, 2019 at 10:02pm:

Just sayin.

Heydrich would have been proud of you...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 6:22pm

Mothra doesn't understand that Valkie is right.

The only reason Whiteys look after Disabled/Autistic/Spastics/etc - is because the White population is fragile, a minority and genetically weak.
In desperation the Whiteys have to breed via IVF's and need all hands on deck - even their retarded ones like Aussie.

Darkies are so much physically stronger in size and population that they can afford to 'cull' the weaknesses from their populations - which just makes them genetically stronger.

Whiteys are racing in a wheelchair.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #12 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 5:51pm

mothra wrote on Nov 11th, 2019 at 6:29am:

I honestly don't think in all my life i've encountered somebody quite as nasty and inadequately educated as you are.

Love you too.
But honestly, you don't keep disabled animals.
You shoot horses that break their legs
In the wild disabled animals are either eaten by predators or killed by their parents.

Wasting billions to keep a disabled person alive is pointless.
As for education, I have plenty thanks, engineering, trades and management.
But getting nasty is the norm when you have no logical argument against simple truth.

As for nasty
Not at all, I'm really quite likable once you get to know me
I just believe in stating honest, logical facts.

There are far more nasty people out there, just look at muzzos for instance.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 6:07pm

Valkie wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 5:51pm:

Love you too.
In the wild disabled animals are either eaten by predators or killed by their parents.

But getting nasty is the norm when you have no logical argument against simple truth.

As for nasty

you are so wrong.. I dont usually agree with mothra..we come from completely opposite sites when it comes to every day issues... bar this one..

I found your post reprehensible valkie....I am in fact shaking my head in sadness for you.....

you have mentioned having a beautiful wife and i get the feeling you adore her... so what IF  she were in an accident  and lost her legs.......would you have her put down?  would you begrudge her a wheelchair and a ramp at a train station so she could enjoy what little independent freedom she had??...

seriously would you?...

god bless the parents that love and cherish their disabled children.... and keep them safe for people like you valkie...you are the disabled one  you are blind to true blessings unless they are perfect...

this is one of your worst posts   

there is nothing honest in your facts   maybe one or two people would agree with you but the majority of good aussies will  abhor your thoughts..

I for one am thoroughly disgusted..

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #14 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 4:06am

cods wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 6:07pm:
Valkie wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 5:51pm:

Love you too.

As for nasty

you are so wrong.. I dont usually agree with mothra..we come from completely opposite sites when it comes to every day issues... bar this one..

I found your post reprehensible valkie....I am in fact shaking my head in sadness for you.....

you have mentioned having a beautiful wife and i get the feeling you adore her... so what IF  she were in an accident  and lost her legs.......would you have her put down?  would you begrudge her a wheelchair and a ramp at a train station so she could enjoy what little independent freedom she had??...

seriously would you?...

god bless the parents that love and cherish their disabled children.... and keep them safe for people like you valkie...you are the disabled one  you are blind to true blessings unless they are perfect...

this is one of your worst posts   

there is nothing honest in your facts   maybe one or two people would agree with you but the majority of good aussies will  abhor your thoughts..

I for one am thoroughly disgusted..

We are not talking about someone who has become disabled.

We are talking about a person born disabled, often profoundly incapable of doing anything for themselves at all.

They are nothing but a burden on their parents, society and the public in general, for What?
What possible benifit could they be to society.

Rarely, in the extreme, do they have a role to play.
Such as Stephen Hawkings.

For the most part they are simply existing, not living, not enjoying life, simply existing.
Some of the parents simply spend their lives catering to the needs of the child through to adulthood, thus destroying any chance they have for a normal life.

I have family who have seriously disabled children.
Their lives are a horror
24 7 they do nothing but look after their children.
Cannot real for a second
One even tried to suicide, and was labelled a horrible person for their attempt to leave their child to fend for themselves.

It's easy for others to judge
But is our time on earth meant to be nothing but looking after the needs of a useless individual?
Should we not use our time to contribute to the betterment of society rather than wasting It?

One of my family, as she got older and after her husband died
Tried to continue looking after a severely disabled child.
The child was violent in the extreme, this old woman was hospitalized several times before we managed to force the violent child into care.

No, I'm not best, just realistic.
And honest enough to voice my opinion.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print