freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
Nov 1st, 2020 at 6:57pm

There has been some robust debate about privacy on the extremism board:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1596843128

I would like to take this opportunity to give people a reminder about their rights and responsibilities regarding privacy:

1) You are responsible for your own privacy. We can ban people for posting your personal information and stalking you, but we cannot actually prevent it from happening. If you post personal information about yourself here, someone will end up tracking you down. This will be your fault.

2) Do not accept legal advice, especially free legal advice, offered privately (via PM, email etc) from someone you meet here or on similar forums. There are several risks here. It is likely to be very bad advice, and if offered privately you are less likely to figure this out. Getting advice will inevitably involve handing over personal and financial information. If a person claims to be a lawyer but cannot accept legitimate payment for their services, there is probably a very good reason for this. I know of at least one member here with a history of abusing a position of authority to defraud vulnerable people, and who continues to offer "free" legal advice on this forum. I am not going to prevent this from happening as I am not your babysitter, but I do feel I should at least warn you.

3) Do not join Monk's forum if you value your privacy. He is a known and unrepentant doxxer.

4) If Aussie or anyone else asks you for your login details here, at PA, or anywhere else, do not give it to him. It puts yours and everyone else's privacy at risk. I'm not sure if we have an explicit rule against this, but you will both be banned if you get caught. Be very sceptical of an admin or moderator who asks for your password to fix a technical problem with your account, or for any other reason.
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2020 at 6:16pm by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: PRIVACY AND SECURITY
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 7:20am

Aussie has made a new rule for his MRB (Relationships) demanding people provide personal information to him before they are allowed to make certain claims on his board.

He deleted my warning to people.

Do not give Aussie any personal information.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print