WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Atheism Logo?
Reply #16 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:11am

issuevoter wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 8:44am:

I think what you mean is an Avatar. Atheism is not a belief, its a rejection of assertions about Cosmic Truth. Its not a unifying principle. If you say 2+2 = 5, and I say it does not, my contradiction does not mean I am a 4-ist. It means you are wrong.

Atheism is a term invented by Godists and Religionists to pigeon-hole anyone who says they are wrong. That has been very convenient in persecuting people who will not go along with them. And that can mean torture and murder.

This sub-forum does not need a symbol, or a flag, or a trademark. That would suit the Godists in their labeling of people.

I get called an Atheist all the time. I am not one,

I just know bullsh!+ when I hear it.

issue,

You may not realise it, but you and i have so much in common.

For example, we both agree that,   2 + 2 <> 5

issue,

Do you accept logical process [thought] ?   [see my final argument]

p.s.
I would prefer NOT to see a large  A  graphic/avatar, used as the Atheism Logo

The two examples which greggery presented,    shouted    'ANARCHIST'    to me.
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1593551069/3#3

FURTHER....
Many, many atheists have claimed that they     DO believe,     that something came from nothing.

i.e.
We exist, and human beings have self-awareness.

But what we are, and the universe around us, ALL CAME FROM NOTHING.

Q.
Am i misrepresenting     the 'beliefs'     of atheists ?

"...The universe burst into something from absolutely nothing - zero, nada. And as it got bigger,....."

Q.
How logical, is it, to 'believe'      in       that proposition [which has been put forward by today's greatest human 'scientific' minds !!!] ?     Grin       Cheesy

Grin       Cheesy

And yes !    It is the hypothesis which the best 'scientific' [atheist] human minds today have offered;

WWW search....
scientific theory,        nothing, exploded into everything

WWW search....
scientific theory,         in an instant in time, the universe appeared from nothing

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1304543494/253#253
Quote:

One moment, no universe.

The next, there is a BIG BANG [which was cause by, NOTHING] and then we have a universe.

It sounds like a magic trick to me.

......Do you believe in magic ?

+++

Yadda explains the [accepted by scientists] BIG BANG theory;

THIS IS WHAT IS TAUGHT TO CHILDREN IN SCHOOLS;

All matter was once compressed into the size of a full-stop-dot, like the one at the end of this sentence >>> . <<<

And then there was an explosion of that matter [i.e. the BIG BANG], which resulted in our present universe of stars and planets.

The material from that explosion [of nothing] then coalesced and was drawn together to form the stars and planets in our universe.

On earth, the molten rocks cooled, life evolved [from what was once those molten rocks!], and here we all are, ...the masters of the universe!
LOL

Here is a nice BIG BANG theory quote from a science article [purporting to be fact] published in that reputable 'science' magazine, 'Discover';

Google it;

"...The universe burst into something from absolutely nothing - zero, nada. And as it got bigger, it became filled with even more stuff that came from absolutely nowhere."

Alan Guth, Discover magazine April 2002

Quote:
......Start, Guth says, by imagining nothing, a pure vacuum. Be careful. Don't imagine outer space without matter in it. Imagine no space at all and no matter at all. Good luck.

To the average person it might seem obvious that nothing can happen in nothing. But to a quantum physicist, nothing is, in fact, something. Quantum theory holds that probability, not absolutes, rules any physical system. It is impossible, even in principle, to predict the behavior of any single atom; all physicists can do is predict the average properties of a large collection of atoms. Quantum theory also holds that a vacuum, like atoms, is subject to quantum uncertainties. This means that things can materialize out of the vacuum, although they tend to vanish back into it quickly. While this phenomenon has never been observed directly, measurements of the electron's magnetic strength strongly imply that it is real and happening in the vacuum of space even now.

Theoretically, anything—a dog, a house, a planet—can pop into existence by means of this quantum quirk, which physicists call a vacuum fluctuation. Probability, however, dictates that pairs of subatomic particles—one positive, one negative, so that conservation laws are not violated—are by far the most likely creations and that they will last extremely briefly, typically for only 10-21 second. The spontaneous, persistent creation of something even as large as a molecule is profoundly unlikely.

http://discovermagazine.com/2002/apr/cover#.UNA9tCyDFpg

Its a 'magic' show folks!
           Grin           Grin           Grin

Tickets!  Tickets!    $10 a ticket!

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #17 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 12:40pm

On Cosmic Truth, I don't care one way or another. But when an individual claims to have knowledge or intuition into Comic Truth, and most especially when they make it esoteric, well. . . like I said, I know bullsh!@$%# when I hear it. People who claim esoteric knowledge are either charlatans, or they are trying to convince themselves. Why they would want to do that, is unclear. Perhaps they feel threatened by immensity and need to explain everything in human terms. Like a kid who made a mud pie. The Universe is just a bigger mud pie, someone musta made it. Who the fuq cares?

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 1:43pm

I like the Pecker pictures - the one on the right looks 'satanic', it might be a suitable Avatar for the Board - pending Barny's and FD's final decision.
I've found most self-admitting Atheists have a pro-Science outlook or background.
I'm somewhere in between Science and Spirituality - both representing our Brain & Mind.
I have also found many Atheists somewhat just 'Anti' religion, like Gillard is. She's also 'Anti' Men too, unless their subservient and Beta like Prince Phillip.

I retake my mock of the letter A, now that it has been made apparent to me, my mistake.

Why don't we just call it the Science Board, because that's where Atheism is stuck: Being Anti-Religious, but Pro- ...what exactly? The lack of an Avatar kinda sums this up in a way.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 1:45pm

I think FD needs to recalibrate the Avatars down in the State & Party Boards as the likes of Gillard, Abbott, etc are long gone.
Any potential new Members here would see a Forum that looks 'out of date' by many years.

Maybe a pic of ScoMo having a Burning Lamborghini Cocktail in Hawaii?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #20 - Mar 6th, 2021 at 12:32pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 1:43pm:
I like the Pecker pictures - the one on the right looks 'satanic', it might be a suitable Avatar for the Board - pending Barny's and FD's final decision.
I've found most self-admitting Atheists have a pro-Science outlook or background.
I'm somewhere in between Science and Spirituality - both representing our Brain & Mind.
I have also found many Atheists somewhat just 'Anti' religion, like Gillard is. She's also 'Anti' Men too, unless their subservient and Beta like Prince Phillip.

I retake my mock of the letter A, now that it has been made apparent to me, my mistake.

Why don't we just call it the Science Board, because that's where Atheism is stuck: Being Anti-Religious, but Pro- ...what exactly? The lack of an Avatar kinda sums this up in a way.

In between Science and Spirituality? What the !@#$ does that mean? Science is Science. Its not a point on a spectrum. Spirituality, on the other hand, is any damn thing you want it to be. Don't worry about contradiction. No one is going to come up with an intelligent definition.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Mar 6th, 2021 at 1:23pm

A M.A.S.H unit is like a hybrid of Medical & Military.

Scientology is a hybrid of Science and Religion.

QLD & California are a hybrid of Australia and USA, as is Chile and VIC a hybrid of South America and Australia.

There is always a Pure State and a Mixed-State.

Btw - Spirituality is physically expressed through Fashion.
Are you wearing thongs, stubbies and a wife-beater singlet for your Spiritual expression Issuevoter? Wink

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #22 - Mar 7th, 2021 at 8:34am

Jasin wrote on Mar 6th, 2021 at 1:23pm:
A M.A.S.H unit is like a hybrid of Medical & Military.

Scientology is a hybrid of Science and Religion.

QLD & California are a hybrid of Australia and USA, as is Chile and VIC a hybrid of South America and Australia.

There is always a Pure State and a Mixed-State.

Btw - Spirituality is physically expressed through Fashion.
Are you wearing thongs, stubbies and a wife-beater singlet for your Spiritual expression Issuevoter? Wink

??? WTF are you on about???

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Mar 7th, 2021 at 3:23pm

*sigh

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #24 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 10:54am

Possibly subject to copyright though ?

images_191.jpg (2 KB | 10 )
images_191.jpg

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 10:58am

Ayn Marx wrote on Mar 20th, 2021 at 10:54am:
Possibly subject to copyright though ?

Grin Grin

I like that one!

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 4:58pm

Do Atheists (Anti-Religious) lack a moral code?

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #27 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 7:20pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 20th, 2021 at 4:58pm:
Do Atheists (Anti-Religious) lack a moral code?

Atheists come in many shades. Some are anti-religious, some simply see religion as irrational some regard it as meaningless. The idea you’re hinting at is a moral code cannot be held without a belief in or fear of a ’supreme being’ or a number of them. May I suggest you explore at least one form of atheism in the hope this may answer your question. A good place to start would be Ronald E Merrill’s “The Ideas of Ayn Rand”.(Publ’ Open Court 1993) If that doesn’t answer your question maybe, if you’re brave, you could dive into Christopher Hitchen’s “God is Not Great: How religion poisons everything”(Publ’ Allen & Unwin. 2007)

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #28 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 6:34pm

I would say many Scientists are Atheists because their experiments don't have to adhere to any moral code.

...like genetic engineering and changing the sex of people is just the early days start, no?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #29 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 7:10pm

Here's a logo

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print