Send Topic Print
spam posts (Read 6373 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
spam posts
Dec 22nd, 2014 at 3:46pm

Looks like we have some kind of hacker on the loose. I am looking into it. For the moment, please do not open any threads by Sarah, or by members with a name that is just a few commas or full stops. If a thread is failing to open, or if you see any threads with the most recent post by Sarah or a name that is just a few commas or full stops, please PM me noting the board name, the date of the post and the user name for the most recent post.

Global mods and board mods, please remove any of these threads without opening them.

If a thread goes missing, it is probably in quarantine. Please be patient while we get it cleaned up.
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2014 at 9:21am by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Re: PLEASE READ
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 3:51pm

No worries FD will do cheers

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 4:25pm

Thank you, FD for finally taking notice of what was going on...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 4:28pm

Nice to know you are aware of the issue FD.  Good luck cleaning the mess up.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 4:38pm

I would suggest there are "a few" things going on here and the site is probably overdue, for some far-reaching changes!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 5:08pm

perceptions_now wrote on Dec 22nd, 2014 at 4:38pm:
I would suggest there are "a few" things going on here and the site is probably overdue, for some far-reaching changes!

PN.....do you support:

1.  New registrants are vetted manually by GMods.
2.  If a new registrant is using a dodgy email addy, they are not approved.
3.  Anyone, including a newbie, who posts with a 'hide my arse' type proxy get a permanent ban.  That means, posting from such proxies is outlawed here.

I have not seen anyone oppose those ideas, and a few have supported them.  There is therefor probably a silent majority.

I dunno what constraints the GMods are under or have been under, but it does not escape the attention of those who can see the obvious that Muso did not leave without good cause, and that you did not holster your Colt .45 without good cause.  I also dunno what you are specifically referring to, but it might help everyone and the Forum if you spoke openly about what is on your mind.

Maybe these things need to be discussed when FD gets on top of the current hack, and 'normality' returns.

I know he reckons I am always on his case as a 'pain in the arse' and I have been for good reason now becomming evident.  He is always on mine, but that was born elsewhere and he did not have a proper grasp of the issues I was then dealing with.  I'll support any measure which assists this place avoid the nasty shite I know can come from elsewhere.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 5:17pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 22nd, 2014 at 5:08pm:

PN.....do you support:

3.  Anyone, including a newbie, who posts with a 'hide my arse' type proxy get a permanent ban.  That means, posting from such proxies is outlawed here.

I have not seen anyone oppose those ideas, and a few have supported them.  There is therefor probably a silent majority.

I dunno what constraints the GMods are under or have been under, but it does not escape the attention of those who can see the obvious that Muso did not leave without good cause, and that you did not holster your Colt .45 without good cause.  I also dunno what you are specifically referring to, but it might help everyone and the Forum if you spoke openly about what is on your mind.

Maybe these things need to be discussed when FD gets on top of the current hack, and 'normality' returns.

I know he reckons I am always on his case as a 'pain in the arse' and I have been for good reason now becomming evident.  He is always on mine, but that was born elsewhere and he did not have a proper grasp of the issues I was then dealing with.  I'll support any measure which assists this place avoid the nasty shite I know can come from elsewhere.

I don't think you have much idea what a proxy is or why they are often used quite legitimately.  proxies are not the problem

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 5:23pm

longweekend58 wrote on Dec 22nd, 2014 at 5:17pm:

PN.....do you support:

I don't think you have much idea what a proxy is or why they are often used quite legitimately.  proxies are not the problem

I've read/heard all the pro/con arguments about them ad infinitum for over a decade and more.  You are trying to tell your Grand Mother how to suck eggs.  I have not yet heard even one legitimate point establishing that a 'hide my arse' type proxy user ought be allowed to do so.  Not one.  Perhaps you can break new ground.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #8 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 5:48pm

PN.....do you support:

Yes, I agree, those sort of measures are required!

And, in addition to the above,  I would also suggest some other issues also need to be implemented -

If a member -
1) name calls, abuses, swears (or deliberately changes words to avoid the forum "spellchecker), flames, makes racial slurs or uses detailed personal information against another member (or if that member keeps taking a thread completely off topic in a spamming or trolling manner), then, that member should get a warning or a 1,2 or 3 Day suspension or longer, depending on the severity of the issues.

Should any member, be suspended/banned & subsequently be involved in any other events over the ensuing 12 months, then the next event would attract a 7 Day or longer penalty, depending on the severity of the issues and any further infringements would then automatically attract one of various longer bans (tba).

However, should any member continue to infringe the rules, then a permanent ban should be reviewed.

2) Any member posting a serious life threatening or harm threatening messages to any member, then that user will be banned immediately & permanently.

3) There will be no sock/s-puppet/s (Any person using more than one account to post). You will get ONE warning, if caught using a sock puppet, to delete the sock/s-puppet/s, then (if the member does not act) Moderators will permanently ban both the original member & the sock/s-puppet/s!

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 6:02pm

perceptions_now wrote on Dec 22nd, 2014 at 5:48pm:

PN.....do you support:

And, in addition to the above,  I would also suggest some other issues also need to be implemented -

If a member -
1) name calls, abuses, swears (or deliberately changes words to avoid the forum "spellchecker), flames, makes racial slurs or uses detailed personal information against another member (or if that member keeps taking a thread completely off topic in a spamming or trolling manner), then, that member should get a warning or a 1,2 or 3 Day suspension or longer, depending on the severity of the issues.

Should any member, be suspended/banned & subsequently be involved in any other events over the ensuing 12 months, then the next event would attract a 7 Day or longer penalty, depending on the severity of the issues and any further infringements would then automatically attract one of various longer bans (tba).

However, should any member continue to infringe the rules, then a permanent ban should be reviewed.

2) Any member posting a serious life threatening or harm threatening messages to any member, then that user will be banned immediately & permanently.

3) There will be no sock/s-puppet/s (Any person using more than one account to post). You will get ONE warning, if caught using a sock puppet, to delete the sock/s-puppet/s, then (if the member does not act) Moderators will permanently ban both the original member & the sock/s-puppet/s!

and while greens starts an entire pedo thread impugning my character and my church you do what you always do... NOTHING.  Perhaps there needs to be a 4th rule that would suspend or ban any moderator that fails to perform his duty without fear or favour.  There are NO moderators around that ever do the job they are supposed to do.  they are never here, never act and never promote harmony or proper debate.  In a word, the lot of you are useless.  but don't take my word for it.  ask around.  they all feel the same.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 6:06pm

All valid points.....and here are some responses:

Quote:
If a member -

The thrust is valid.  Maybe that needs to be broken down into the components, as some may be less acceptable than others.

Quote:

Again, no issue from me in principle.  The numbers are obviously by way of example only, and maybe left to GMod discretion.

Quote:

No issue.

Quote:

Maybe a 'strike one,' first.

Quote:

No issue.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 6:14pm

Quote:
and while greens starts an entire pedo thread impugning my character and my church you do what you always do... NOTHING.  Perhaps there needs to be a 4th rule that would suspend or ban any moderator that fails to perform his duty without fear or favour.  There are NO moderators around that ever do the job they are supposed to do.  they are never here, never act and never promote harmony or proper debate.  In a word, the lot of you are useless.  but don't take my word for it.  ask around.  they all feel the same.

In your case, given your longevity and posting history here, it will be difficult to sort out the chicken and the egg.    There could well be a 'reap what you sew' thing happening.

You have taken the opportunity to take a general swipe at the GMods.  You might be right.......but I'm not going there.  I reckon the Rules need to be sorted first, and then perhaps you might see an entirely different scenario.

Let's go for what little ground might be available.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 6:17pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 22nd, 2014 at 6:06pm:
All valid points.....and here are some responses:

Quote:
If a member -

The thrust is valid.  Maybe that needs to be broken down into the components, as some may be less acceptable than others.

Quote:

Again, no issue from me in principle.  The numbers are obviously by way of example only, and maybe left to GMod discretion.

Quote:

No issue.

Quote:

Maybe a 'strike one,' first.

Quote:

No issue.

Id like to know how our moderators who are with rare exception technically illiterate people are going to spot 'socks'.  apart from the valid question of what is even wrong with having dual IDs (unless it is deliberately deceitful etc) the only way of knowing is.... you cant.  You cant go on IP addresses as it is more than possible for two genuine users to come from the same network and therefore same external IP.  and since IPs are dynamic, socks will have different IDs as a rule anyhow.

but by far the biggest issue and the biggest complaint is the effectiveness of moderators in the first place.  if they roll up once a week and do a couple things, that is near useless.  if - like perceptions here - they refuse to act against vile attacks on a particular person because they don't like them then they should be removed.  peccahead was (I kid you not) suspended for complaining about DRAH calling other posters pedos.  and mods wonder why we have such little respect for them.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 6:57pm

PN.....do you support:

If a member -

It would get pretty boring with just you and me here PN.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #14 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 7:19pm

skippy. wrote on Dec 22nd, 2014 at 6:57pm:

PN.....do you support:

If a member -

It would get pretty boring with just you and me here PN.

Is this Aussie trying to take over OzPol because he can (again) offer to pay the money to run the show, appoint  Mods he can control and ban anybody he dislikes?

Does anybody remember the last time Aussie ran a  Political Forum?

I'd be bookmarking Bobby's site .. or the other ones available ...

Aussie is a renown Forum demolition team.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print