Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 34
Send Topic Print
Our Liberal Friends Have Learned Nothing (Read 7423 times)
thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Re: Our Liberal Friends Have Learned Nothing
Reply #330 - May 30th, 2023 at 3:11pm

Mortdooley wrote on May 29th, 2023 at 8:15pm:
I don't understand your obsession with American health care. It is the best in the World or your leaders wouldn't come here when they need what they can't get anywhere else. No one is denied life saving treatment just because they can't afford to pay.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/11/this-is-the-real-reason-most-americans-file-for-...

This is the real reason most Americans file for bankruptcy

I see...."life saving treatment", but you will be bankrupt unless you are rich enough to insure yourself.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #331 - May 30th, 2023 at 8:58pm

Your four year old link said people filed bankruptcy because they couldn't work because of a medical condition. That isn't the same as hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt to the medical community for treatment.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #332 - May 30th, 2023 at 9:35pm

Mortdooley wrote on May 30th, 2023 at 8:58pm:
Your four year old link said people filed bankruptcy because they couldn't work because of a medical condition. That isn't the same as hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt to the medical community for treatment.   

You don't get that people who's only means of medical cover is tied to employment have an issue when the employment goes away ? It's a crap corrupt system.

You don't get that when medication costs 1000% more than anywhere else on the planet because the system is corrupt that there is a problem?

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #333 - May 30th, 2023 at 10:37pm

Dnarever wrote on May 30th, 2023 at 9:35pm:
Mortdooley wrote on May 30th, 2023 at 8:58pm:

You don't get that people who's only means of medical cover is tied to employment have an issue when the employment goes away ? It's a crap corrupt system.

You don't get that when medication costs 1000% more than anywhere else on the planet because the system is corrupt that there is a problem?

The GOP and their conservative ilk have been defending the rights of US pharmaceutical companies to rip off people who desperately need the medicines.

Pharmaceutical entrepreneurs have conspired with the industry in general to allow the selling of patent rights to a medicine followed by a huge price rise of that medicine by the new owner. The former owner and the new owner of patented medicines both make exorbitant profits through this corrupt arrangement.

What is left is for the USA to open its markets to cheaper medicines from foreign countries to ensure the continuity of the supply of medicines.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #334 - May 31st, 2023 at 8:20pm

Pile on the mean old pharmaceutical industry after all they don't deserve to recover the cost of research and development to bring a drug to market. The rest of the world doesn't pay for that, only the American public. You only pay for the cost of materials, if you paid your fair share of the development costs ours would be much less. So in reality it is you who make our drugs more expensive for Americans. Prescription drugs cost a fraction as much in Mexico, maybe people that can't afford their medication should move there. Or maybe they should see what they can do to improve their health to the point that they no longer require medication. Most of the people I know on expensive medication could stop taking most if not all of it if they were not morbidly obese. Those motivated to change their lifestyle have been taken off most of their medication. Roughly half of the people I know are overweight and they are most of the ones I know on expensive medication, if they ate better and walked a few miles a day they would save the cost of many medications.

Who am I kidding, the real reason we have so many fat Americans is because we don't have a waiting period or background check system before someone can buy a spoon. After all it isn't the person responsible for their weight problem, it is the easy availability of spoons!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #335 - Jun 1st, 2023 at 12:37am

Mortdooley wrote on May 31st, 2023 at 8:20pm:
Pile on the mean old pharmaceutical industry after all they don't deserve to recover the cost of research and development to bring a drug to market. The rest of the world doesn't pay for that, only the American public. You only pay for the cost of materials, if you paid your fair share of the development costs ours would be much less. So in reality it is you who make our drugs more expensive for Americans. Prescription drugs cost a fraction as much in Mexico, maybe people that can't afford their medication should move there. Or maybe they should see what they can do to improve their health to the point that they no longer require medication. Most of the people I know on expensive medication could stop taking most if not all of it if they were not morbidly obese. Those motivated to change their lifestyle have been taken off most of their medication. Roughly half of the people I know are overweight and they are most of the ones I know on expensive medication, if they ate better and walked a few miles a day they would save the cost of many medications.

Who am I kidding, the real reason we have so many fat Americans is because we don't have a waiting period or background check system before someone can buy a spoon. After all it isn't the person responsible for their weight problem, it is the easy availability of spoons!

No dear, here in Australia our government pays the excess for our pharmaceuticals. That's us.

In reality, most meds are developed in Europe, patented in America and manufactured where you buy them. That's the supply chain in a nutshell. Most of the big prophylactic meds these days are no longer under patent anyway.

If you Yanks can't reform your political donation laws, don't come crying to us. Obama was ready to go.

The reason you have so many fat people is you have so much processed food. That's corn sugar. Your corn industry and agribusiness also props up your politicians, hence the reason your food supply is so addicted to sugar.

Ever get the feeling you've been farmed?
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2023 at 12:45am by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #336 - Jun 2nd, 2023 at 9:31pm

Labs funded by Western Europe and the United States fund development for drug and ours are manufactured in India.

Your government taxes you to reduce the cost of medication? In Mexico anyone can just go to the local farmacia and buy prescription medications cheap.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #337 - Jun 2nd, 2023 at 11:44pm

Mortdooley wrote on May 31st, 2023 at 8:20pm:

Quote:
Pile on the mean old pharmaceutical industry after all they don't deserve to recover the cost of research and development

The patent for insulin:

Quote:
23 January 1923

100 years later they were still charging $98.70 a vial to recover development costs ???

Please tell me that you are not really claiming to be that stupid ?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #338 - Jun 3rd, 2023 at 8:01am

Quote:
I don't understand your obsession with American health care. It is the best in the World

Grin  Grin Grin
Best in the World my arse,  it's not even in the top 20. You need to stop drinking that cool aid.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #339 - Jun 3rd, 2023 at 2:14pm

Mort Dooley is the last of the MAGA Mohicans and embarrasses himself standing alone while others walk away from the orange nightmare.

Woke should be a state that Mort Dooley should be aspiring to.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #340 - Jun 3rd, 2023 at 7:10pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jun 3rd, 2023 at 2:14pm:
Mort Dooley is the last of the MAGA Mohicans and embarrasses himself standing alone while others walk away from the orange nightmare.

Mort sounds a tad confused between his old Tea Party sympathies and his new Dear Leader/Saviour. It's an ideological CoNuNdRuM.

Let-her-rip, lassez faire, neo-con globalism versus Dear Leader's big-spending, big government, trade-war protectionism.

You can't have them both, clearly. So, what's it to be?

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #341 - Jun 4th, 2023 at 7:49pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 3rd, 2023 at 8:01am:
Quote:
I don't understand your obsession with American health care. It is the best in the World

Grin  Grin Grin
Best in the World my arse,  it's not even in the top 20. You need to stop drinking that cool aid.

Not in the top twenty? As in free, meaning your tax dollars pay for everyone else to wait? I'm referring to quality of care including promptness. Medical people leave their home countries to work here, not the other way around. The main problem I see with our medical system is how quick they want to see everyone as often as possible needed or not. In Canada your pet will receive better and faster care than Citizens. There is a thing now called medical tourism, you are welcome to participate.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #342 - Jun 4th, 2023 at 7:59pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jun 4th, 2023 at 7:49pm:
Quote:

Grin  Grin Grin

Not in the top twenty? As in free, meaning your tax dollars pay for everyone else to wait? I'm referring to quality of care including promptness. Medical people leave their home countries to work here, not the other way around. The main problem I see with our medical system is how quick they want to see everyone as often as possible needed or not. In Canada your pet will receive better and faster care than Citizens. There is a thing now called medical tourism, you are welcome to participate.

Cheesy Cheesy
Medical staff move to America to work to earn more money. That doesn't make them better doctors,  that just makes them greedy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #343 - Jun 4th, 2023 at 8:00pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jun 3rd, 2023 at 7:10pm:
Laugh till you cry wrote on Jun 3rd, 2023 at 2:14pm:

Mort sounds a tad confused between his old Tea Party sympathies and his new Dear Leader/Saviour. It's an ideological CoNuNdRuM.

Let-her-rip, lassez faire, neo-con globalism versus Dear Leader's big-spending, big government, trade-war protectionism.

You can't have them both, clearly. So, what's it to be?

The current bunch of criminals in Washington today are the problem. We were seeing a little representation from the Oval Office when Trump was there. The biggest threat facing American is the Americans? That came right out of the old pervs mouth once again last week. White supremacy he calls it, what it really is a rejection to the current administrations efforts to destroy the Country. The Devils greatest sin is Pride. What is the Left celebrating this month? Pride month, sometimes the truth stares you in the face and you don't see it. Sexualizing children in every way they can. You have no moral high ground in this, you should feel shame for what you support!

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #344 - Jun 4th, 2023 at 8:01pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 4th, 2023 at 7:59pm:
Mortdooley wrote on Jun 4th, 2023 at 7:49pm:
Quote:

Grin  Grin Grin

Cheesy Cheesy
Medical staff move to America to work to earn more money. That doesn't make them better doctors,  that just makes them greedy

No, it means those Countries lose their best to a better system!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 34
Send Topic Print