Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Aboriginal flag at Yass Soldiers Memorial (Read 5211 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Aboriginal flag at Yass Soldiers Memorial
Nov 26th, 2022 at 10:45pm

Aboriginal flag outside Yass Soldiers' Memorial Hall becomes a permanent fixture after controversy and threats

This will be another step towards deepening the rift between Aborigines and the rest.

Not asking what people think in case they might 'wrongthink' just demonstrates the bad faith behind pressing on with this.

Submissions about the issue were open to the public, however Ms Jones said key stakeholders decided against holding a public survey.

"The key stakeholder groups considered it to be something that would not benefit from a wide survey," she said.

"We could not control that from being hijacked from outside the Yass Valley."

That last line, of course, is nonsense? Was the election of councillors hijacked from outside? If not then consultation could equally be controlled to exclude outsiders.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Aboriginal flag at Yass Soldiers Memorial
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2022 at 10:59pm

1914-18, you say?  Well - those Aborigines who fought for Australia fought as Australians under the relevant flag.... they did not fight under the Abo flag, and nor did any who participated in any subsequent wars.

Considering the violence that has been going on at Mt Warning for over five years now in their 'struggle' to grab it, appeasement will never work.... handling them with kid gloves there didn't stop the vandalism of private cars etc ....  appeasement will only encourage them to further excesses.

Vote out every politician who supports this kind of thing.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 12:07am

The fkkn Abbos want more recognition than anyone else for just breathing, they can fkk off, fkkn bludgers.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 9:13am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 26th, 2022 at 10:59pm:
1914-18, you say?  Well - those Aborigines who fought for Australia fought as Australians under the relevant flag.... they did not fight under the Abo flag, and nor did any who participated in any subsequent wars.

Considering the violence that has been going on at Mt Warning for over five years now in their 'struggle' to grab it, appeasement will never work.... handling them with kid gloves there didn't stop the vandalism of private cars etc ....  appeasement will only encourage them to further excesses.

Vote out every politician who supports this kind of thing.

Good point. The Aboriginal flag is a very recent invention, as is the neologism First Nations.

There have been Australian war dead and casualties who were born overseas but served and died or were wounded AS Australian soldiers. Should all the flags of all their birth countries be put up at war memorials? Of course not.

It is madness, another woke psychic infection.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #4 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 10:25am

I am totally over this abo sh1t!

Cant turn on the ABC news without the announcer saying the broadcast is coming from some "oogooli cooon" land or other!

Angry Angry

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 5:20pm

At least our ABC warns the Abbos before any programme that the following programme may contain immages of dead Boongs, phew.

Culture.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 5:25pm

Ignorant Racism.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 5:37pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 5:25pm:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/5536/WEbaRN.png

No Brain, it's culture, you should buy yourself a 4WD and go and have a look for yourself, i am used to it but it would be a real eye opener for you.

Travellers tip for the outback #1- never stop if you run over a Boong, it's probably a setup, just go to the nearest cop shop and report it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 5:43pm

Johnnie wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 5:37pm:

No Brain, it's culture, you should buy yourself a 4WD and go and have a look for yourself, i am used to it but it would be a real eye opener for you.

I have traveled extensively in the outback.  I have met many Indigenous Australians.  You deliberately insult them, continually.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 6:08pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 5:43pm:

I have traveled extensively in the outback.  I have met many Indigenous Australians.  You deliberately insult them, continually.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Have you been to the Alice in the last 40 or so years, the residents there are being told to stay indoors and not to go into the CBD, that's culture for you and you don't need a 4WD to experiece that one.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/nt-police-sending-40-additional-officer...

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:32pm

Johnnie wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 6:08pm:

Have you been to the Alice in the last 40 or so years, the residents there are being told to stay indoors and not to go into the CBD, that's culture for you and you don't need a 4WD to experiece that one.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/nt-police-sending-40-additional-officer...

I haven't been to the Alice for about 5 years.  Things might have changed but the media often plays up situations in order to sell newspapers/TV News to their advantage.  Just as you do, to promote your Racism.  Indigenous Australians are generally law-abiding people and should be treated as such.  You however, delight in painting them in the most Racist manner.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:39pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:32pm:

I haven't been to the Alice for about 5 years.  Things might have changed but the media often plays up situations in order to sell newspapers/TV News to their advantage.  Just as you do, to promote your Racism.  Indigenous Australians are generally law-abiding people and should be treated as such.  You however, delight in painting them in the most Racist manner.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Played up by the media to sell newspapers???

You constantly mix idiocy, shiftiness and smug vanity, Bbwian.

How many national and judicial reports have there been in the past 50 years about remote Aboriginal dysfunction, violence,  alcohol and drug abuse, gambling, horrendous violence, rape and crime of every kind??

Is the gap just a  waist beat-up to sell newspapers, idiotic, vain, smug wazzock?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:53pm

Frank wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:39pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:32pm:

Played up by the media to sell newspapers???

You constantly mix idiocy, shiftiness and smug vanity, Bbwian.

How many national and judicial reports have there been in the past 50 years about remote Aboriginal dysfunction, violence,  alcohol and drug abuse, gambling, horrendous violence, rape and crime of every kind??

Is the gap just a  waist beat-up to sell newspapers, idiotic, vain, smug wazzock?

Such foolishness, Soren.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:55pm

The Aborigines never had a flag until white man came here.

Is this a case of cultural appropriation?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 8:28pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:55pm:
The Aborigines never had a flag until white man came here.

Is this a case of cultural appropriation?

It is.

But cultural appropriation, like much else around wacism and identity, is a strictly one way street.

All the Aboriginal services, health, welfare, schools, etc, etc would be 'cultural appropriations' if we all thought like race baiting activists.
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2022 at 9:05pm by Frank »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print