Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Labor romp it in ... Again (Read 3458 times)
Labor majority government
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Labor romp it in ... Again
Nov 26th, 2022 at 8:43pm

Mods can move it , the liberal party have been absolutely handed their arses to them in VIC

Four more years of DAN

Lost in VIC QLD and SA after one term and cease to exist in WA , nobody wants a liberal government as they're aligned with the most proven corrupt party in nationals, best part is you can't win without them ... Enjoy opposition again  Grin

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Labor romp it in ... Again
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2022 at 9:11pm

Sad choice for the voting public....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2022 at 10:10pm

It's a good day   Smiley

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
More DANdruff Pain.
Reply #3 - Nov 26th, 2022 at 11:13pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 26th, 2022 at 9:11pm:

If Victorians are THIS stupid ... they deserve even more pain. And they are guaranteed to get that from DANdruff.

I thank God that my parents chose Sydney as their home base back in the 60's. They arrived as teenagers from Sth Europe and worked hard to achieve their hopes and dreams. Sydney was and still is the only city in Australia where jobs are in plentiful supply and you can make serious money (esp out of residential and commercial property).

Melbourne Victoria has NEVER EVER been able to match that. And under DANdruff ... it never will.

Oh well Victorians .... SUFFER OR LEAVE. These are your options. Enjoy!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 26th, 2022 at 11:20pm

I meant, really, that it was sad they had to choose between Jerky and Jerkier.... Dumb and Dumber... Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber.... how did the Independents go this time?  Better than the Greens, I trust...

Wonder how Chairman Dan's Aboriginal Parliament will go now?  Clearly that was set up - that little Victorian Voice - VicVoice - to test the waters... and the silly Victorians fell for it..... now the question is - will they go softly until Albo gets his Big Push on.... or will they start acting up at State level and scupper the national idiocy?

I'm betting the bastards will be quiet until it looks all kosher and the national Voice vote is in.... then all hell will break loose one way or the other.....WHEN the national voice goes down, they will scream and wail and play up .... IF the national voice gets up, it will be no holds barred and all stops out... and a society of imports with NFI will just blink and think WTF is the problem?

And then will come the civil war..............

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 6:20am

NSW

You're next

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #6 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 6:25am

Well done Dan, get over it losers!

Your leadership especially during the early pandemic paid off at the ballot box!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:00am

Labor majority government wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 6:20am:
NSW

You're next

Yep libs are history

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:10am

John Smith wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:00am:
Labor majority government wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 6:20am:
NSW

You're next

Yep libs are history

They're totally and catastrophically out of touch. Despite the incessant whinings of the old folk of Ozpol, the Coalition are on the nose to the average punter.

Crappler is predicting civil war i see. Out on their zimmer frames in force.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:12am

Crappler has been on the decline for quite some time now.  Ever since he figured out he's no longer relevant

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:14am

John Smith wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:12am:
Crappler has been on the decline for quite some time now.  Ever since he figured out he's no longer relevant

Yeah but he hasn't worked that out yet at all. Like, miles away from that point.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Re: More DANdruff Pain.
Reply #11 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:24am

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 26th, 2022 at 11:13pm:
...I thank God that my parents chose Sydney as their home base back in the 60's. They arrived as teenagers from Sth Europe and worked hard to achieve their hopes and dreams. Sydney was and still is the only city in Australia where jobs are in plentiful supply and you can make serious money (esp out of residential and commercial property).

Melbourne Victoria has NEVER EVER been able to match that. And under DANdruff ... it never will.

Most expensive housing in Australia = Sydney
Most expensive rentals in Australia = Sydney

Highest cost of food in Australia = Sydney
Most costly transport in Australia = Sydney

Most expensive services utilities in Australia = Sydney
Highest overall cost of living in Australia = Sydney

https://www.finder.com.au/cost-of-living-comparison

Thanks to Victoria's Labor government, Melbourne is a far cheaper
place to live than Sydney.

And as far as job vacancies go, NSW and Victoria are pretty
much on par (August 2022):

Proportion of businesses reporting vacancies in NSW = 28.9%
Proportion of  businesses  reporting vacancies in VIC = 27.1%

ABS, 29 September 2022.

And from "The 100 Most Livable Cities in the World", 15July 2022,
we find Melbourne at #11 and Sydney at #16.

https://www.farandwide.com/s/most-livable-cities-in-the-world-b991bf5abeb74716

This ranking is again largely due to the competence of the Labor government
and Dan Andrews over the past eight years.  And of course the political disaster
that was Gladys Berejiklian, who was forced to resign in disgrace didn't help
NSW prosper—hence the high cost of living there.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #12 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 8:04am

AusGeoff wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:24am:
...I thank God that my parents chose Sydney as their home base back in the 60's. They arrived as teenagers from Sth Europe and worked hard to achieve their hopes and dreams. Sydney was and still is the only city in Australia where jobs are in plentiful supply and you can make serious money (esp out of residential and commercial property).

ABS, 29 September 2022.

and Dan Andrews over the past eight years.  And of course the political disaster

You're seriously full of the biggest load of BS ever seen on OzPol.

Now let's take a closer look at your information.

For starters .... it states that the results are derived from here :

Expatisan. So let's get to that website.

https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/melbourne

https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/sydney

Interesting comparison.

Now let's take a closer look at what is being compared.

It's a tad like this (and I'm only saying this because you're such a dumb moron that you need to be spoon fed)....could you afford to buy or rent property in Vaucluse or Watson's Bay? The answer for you is HELL NO! Your dole wouldn't even cover renting a garage per week. And there's no way a bludger like you could afford to buy into these areas. Why? They're expensive! That means no bogans like you are allowed in or able to get in. That is what keeps bogans out of certain geographical areas in Australia. The price and cost. If you can't afford it then go south of the border! And stay there!

Oh and re all that (highlighted) BS ? It's remarkable in that it reflects only this : you're a DUMB DANdruff following DHEAD. Stay there in Victoria and suffer more! We Sydneyites couldn't give a shyte really.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 9:14am

If Victorians are THIS stupid ... they deserve even more pain. And they are guaranteed to get that from DANdruff.

I thank God that my parents chose Sydney as their home base back in the 60's. They arrived as teenagers from Sth Europe and worked hard to achieve their hopes and dreams. Sydney was and still is the only city in Australia where jobs are in plentiful supply and you can make serious money (esp out of residential and commercial property).

Totally agree with you Lisa.
Seems we just don’t learn from our past.
Interesting what Jeff Kennett said that what will happen now… the debt will escalate to the point Victorians will be haemorrhaged with debt where younger gens will not be able to afford housing with interest rates on the rise as well. And rent is even harder to get let alone a home! I feel for the younger gen. I’m glad I’m a boomer… our age was a lucky escape from the impending catastrophe ahead!

Even though I wish to vote the majors out…My area I live in Liberals have retained which is better than being labor.
Pity many Victorians left Victoria under Dictator Dan as those votes against labor could’ve made more differences.
And the area we wish to retire in is still too close to call yet… but happy it will be either libs or independents.
I notice the WHOLE of Melbourne … the heart and business of Vic… is Greens!
Hellova lot better than labor! It wasn’t a landslide for labor… and as mentioned on the discussion panel… all Dan-drift did was cause division.
And yeah… his bs promises… 4 years ago he said (was it Geelong area?) they would get a new hospital.
But still a pile of dirt.
Good luck to those that opted Labor in ….getting medical care or even an ambulance …. Yeah…good luck with that! More code reds and ambulance ramping…

IP Logged

Jim Lahey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Lisa's Merc
Reply #14 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 9:17am

Shut up you houso dog

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #15 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 10:01am

Victorians loved Dan.
He ordered them to stay home, watch TV, hop online and not go to work for ages.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
More DANgerous Pain for Victorians.
Reply #16 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 10:22am

Sophia wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 9:14am:

Interesting what Jeff Kennett said that what will happen now… the debt will escalate to the point Victorians will be haemorrhaged with debt where younger gens will not be able to afford housing with interest rates on the rise as well. And rent is even harder to get let alone a home! I feel for the younger gen. I’m glad I’m a boomer… our age was a lucky escape from the impending catastrophe ahead!

Even though I wish to vote the majors out…My area I live in Liberals have retained which is better than being labor.
Pity many Victorians left Victoria under Dictator Dan as those votes against labor could’ve made more differences.
And the area we wish to retire in is still too close to call yet… but happy it will be either libs or independents.

Hellova lot better than labor! It wasn’t a landslide for labor… and as mentioned on the discussion panel… all Dan-drift did was cause division.

And yeah… his bs promises… 4 years ago he said (was it Geelong area?) they would get a new hospital.

Good luck to those that opted Labor in ….getting medical care or even an ambulance …. Yeah…good luck with that! More code reds and ambulance ramping…

Absolutely! I could say so much more about that vile excuse of a man and the number of people HE is responsible for destroying and driving to suicide ... but I won't. Not yet.

I will say this much though : So many needless deaths have been CAUSED by DANdruff STARVING the Victorian state Health system from the second he stepped into that Premier's job years ago. So many other deaths caused by his shady back room deals with mates the grub gives tax payers millions of dollars to in order to stuff up and NOT get the job done and then there's this : bleeding dry his state coffers and then expecting a Liberal Federal govt to give HIM and Victoria extra handouts at the expense of other states.

The entire time Australia was being bankrupted by Covid19- DANdruff was busy giving HIMSELF a hefty pay rise making HIM the highest paid state Premier in Australia's political history! Oh and in 2020/21 he saw fit to spend over a million in grog on entertainment ffs! During a period of strict lockdown...over a million dollars came out of Victorian tax money to fund his grog bill. WTF was the bastard entertaining?

Oh and there's more but at some stage THAT will come out through other channels about Dan's protected mates and former school teachers in the Catholic Church.

Now let's take a closer look at destroyed lives. And how DANgerous affected ALL of Australia and I know this first hand too! My friends and family/relatives who volunteer their time and pay for their training to work as Lifeline counsellors during the height of the pandemic were instructed to accept calls from Victoria first. Calls from other states were left to ring out because those on the coal face taking the calls could not cope with the deluge of calls JUST from Victoria. Does ANYONE know what this really means? It means your life was placed in a queue and deemed not as valuable as that of a Victorian. That's what it means! With DANgerous Andrews ... it's the hidden stuff that the bastard hopes will go away with time that Victorians need to look for. The Devil is in the detail. That Devil is DANgerous!

So yes...if ever there was an Australian state Premier who deserved to face the full force of the law .... and dragged through a number of courts AND thrown into prison ... it's DANgerous Andrews.

Edit : Damn .... I just realised that my post actually reveals my care and concern for Victorians. I keep forgetting to NGAF. My bad.
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2022 at 10:46am by Lisa Jones »  

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #17 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 11:49am

Here, down south, we call it DEMOCRACY
If you're an outsider, it's not really your concern
If you're in Victoria, you should move to a
Liberal state

(while there's any left)

The
"Get Dan"
campaign failed, because nothing else was on offer

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Jim Lahey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Lisa's Merc
Reply #18 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 11:54am

Lisa jones proves again she is a dole bludging houso

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: More DANgerous Pain for Victorians.
Reply #19 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 1:52pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 10:22am:
I just realised that my post actually reveals my care and concern for Victorians.
I keep forgetting to NGAF.

One can't help but notice that ALL criticism (and envy) of
Victoria
and it's
Premier
comes from
blue trash
outside the Garden State - and makes their
'disapproving snorts'
even funnier !

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 1:59pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 11:49am:
Here, down south, we call it DEMOCRACY

It's not really democracy ... because in that Vic election where primary votes mostly decided the outcome, there will be tens of thousands of votes that will lose 100% of their value and be ignored and discarded because they won't be needed as preference votes, hence why they will lose 100% of their value

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #21 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 2:44pm

Interesting what Jeff Kennett said that what will happen now… the debt will escalate to the point Victorians will be haemorrhaged with debt where younger gens will not be able to afford housing with interest rates on the rise as well.

Here we go, the conservative "how are we going to pay for it" brigade.

I heard a Lib rep banging on about the same thing last night, after conceding defeat.

Fact is Andrews is probably aware of MMT, and knows the Vic. govt. debt doesn't matter, IF the reserve bank of Oz pulls its finger out and pays the debt with debt-free money created in the Oz central bank, which is a  currency-issuing institution. 

The fact the reserve bank is not currently permitted to do this is another matter, but hopefully Andrews will press on with the SEC 'nationalization', and rail loop, and properly funded hospitals, and all the other things Victorians voted for, regardless of debt.

The fly in the ointment is Philip Lowe, friend of private financiers who demand governments borrow from them alone, creating public debt which "must be repaid with interest", the ultimate private sector scam repeated endlessly by Chalmers. 

http://bilbo.economicoutlook.net/blog/?p=50914[size=14[/size]

Champagne socialists in the banking sector reaping millions from public money

Quote:
And rent is even harder to get let alone a home! I feel for the younger gen. I’m glad I’m a boomer… our age was a lucky escape from the impending catastrophe ahead!

Indeed, the boomers had governments who supported public housing in the days of the post war Keynesian "welfare state".

Neoliberal monetary orthodoxy has destroyed the welfare-state and replaced it with 'austerity'.

Quote:

Better for greedy boomers like you, with no understanding of how the central bank is screwing everyone. 

Quote:

I know the Greens are aware of MMT, just not broadcasting it yet, until the electorate understand how the central bank is screwing all of us.

(btw, don't tell Lisa you think the Greens are better than Labor...I think she will have a fit...) 

The Greens will wait for their support to grow further, on the back of policies everyone wants...and let the conservative mainstream press continue to bleat about "how will you pay for it" , until they are in a position to authorize the CB to fund the government with debt free money (consistent with the size of the private sector, and the nation's productive capacity and available resources, to avoid inflation).   

« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2022 at 2:52pm by thegreatdivide »  

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 2:50pm

Never mind the fact that the libs proposed election spending was more than Labors ...where was the concern about debt then Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #23 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 3:00pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 2:50pm:
Never mind the fact that the libs proposed election spending was more than Labors ...where was the concern about debt then Cheesy Cheesy

yes that's always the conservative's way - ignore the  debt until the Left are in power....

A bigger problem for us all is Chalmers' capture by central bank orthodoxy...with Lowe happily putting his hand out for a million bucks a year, while claiming  wage  increases for low-wage workers  will cause inflation.....

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 3:50pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 2:44pm:
The fly in the ointment is Philip Lowe, friend of private financiers who demand governments borrow from them alone, creating public debt which "must be repaid with interest", the ultimate private sector scam repeated endlessly by Chalmers. 

It only works while ever we can pay the interest and at the same time maintain a reasonably high standard of living. It's hard to achieve both these days

The system is bogged down with "Greens" policies and old-fashion outdated Libs and Lab confrontational politics, plus dictatorial subjugating LibLab bipartisan policies

We are stuck in this rut that only an economic catastrophe will get us out of, we'll be forced to find another way, a more modern way, but we won't do it by listening to the Libs and Labs, their psyches are worn out and of no use any longer, not even to themselves

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #25 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:03pm

It should not be a matter of a team win for one side or the other.

In this case it was a win for good sensible voting.

Unfortunately it has not been sensible to vote Liberal in many decades.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #26 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:05pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 10:01am:
Victorians loved Dan.

In reality he helped them to not die. Hence - re election.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:23pm

The old divide and conquer routine worked for dirty Dan, what a bunch of complacent roll over play dead manipulated vaxxed to the max cock suckers Victorians are. Vic has racked up more debt than QLD NSW and TAS combined under Dan and the fools still voted for him, it was probably rigged.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:26pm

Dnarever wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:05pm:
Victorians loved Dan.

Yeah, coz without government you die.
So ducky.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:31pm

Johnnie wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:23pm:
The old divide and conquer routine worked for dirty Dan, what a bunch of complacent roll over play dead manipulated vaxxed to the max cock suckers Victorians are. Vic has racked up more debt than QLD NSW and TAS combined under Dan and the fools still voted for him, it was probably rigged.

So you heard about that (non registered?) party “sack Dan Andrews restore democracy” party  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #30 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:32pm

Victorians loved Dan.

Correction… Victoria had the most deaths compared to rest of Australian states… hence Dan was called “the granny killer”….  Angry

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #31 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:37pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 3:50pm:

It only works while ever we can pay the interest and at the same time maintain a reasonably high standard of living. It's hard to achieve both these days

Of course, the "balanced budget' mantra of current mainstream economic orthodoxy - mistakenly identifying the currency-issuing government's budget with our household budgets - means it's impossible for government to eradicate poverty, because interest on  debt eventually consumes the government's spending capacity.   

Quote:
The system is bogged down with "Greens" policies and old-fashion outdated Libs and Lab confrontational politics, plus dictatorial subjugating LibLab bipartisan policies

You are not listening...the public WANT the Greens policies; the system is bogged down by orthodox central banking policies, which cause the confrontational politics you mention, as well as the well-known disenchantment with politics.  

Try reading the linked article, or go back to sleep.

Quote:
We are stuck in this rut that only an economic catastrophe will get us out of, we'll be forced to find another way, a more modern way, but we won't do it by listening to the Libs and Labs, their psyches are worn out and of no use any longer, not even to themselves

Solution supplied in the linked article.

Doctorate level courses in sustainable economics for a finite planet, beginning this year.... the revolution has begun.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #32 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:39pm

Sophia wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:32pm:
Victorians loved Dan.

Correction… Victoria had the most deaths compared to rest of Australian states… hence Dan was called “the granny killer”….  Angry

Without the strong action taken many thousands more would have perished.

Yes they had more deaths because of more infections and more stupidity.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #33 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:42pm

Sophia wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:31pm:

So you heard about that (non registered?) party “sack Dan Andrews restore democracy” party  Grin Grin Grin

Oh and please feel some compassion…. Not all us Victorians/Melbournites want to be lumped into that group of
Quote:
….what a bunch of complacent roll over play dead manipulated vaxxed to the max cock suckers Victorians are….

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #34 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:47pm

Dnarever wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:03pm:
It should not be a matter of a team win for one side or the other.

In this case it was a win for good sensible voting.

Unfortunately it has not been sensible to vote Liberal in many decades.

True, but Dan will eventually be brought down by the "how are you ging to pay for it" mainstream mythology, as his policies are blocked in the upper house - all on the basis of the "how are you going to pay for it" mythology (without raising politically toxic taxes).   

See #31.    

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:49pm

Dnarever wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:39pm:
Victorians loved Dan.

Yeah right… while the rest of Oz had less masks mandates and could go outside as long as they wished to breathe fresh air.. get some sunshine…and keep working… all healthy habits… we were locked indoors… real healthy  Roll Eyes …. I recall even Bobby was asking… with all the masks mandates… and lockdowns… the death toll kept rising particularly in aged care… they were not allowed outside to breathe fresh air… I don’t forget…

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:52pm

Under Dan it's autocracy not democracy, it's much more like a dictatorship .

I hope he doesn't fall down anymore stairs or get involved in any more car accidents without even being drug or alcohol tested and no police reports because he is working for Xi and everybody knows it, he was signed up to the BRI.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #37 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:55pm

Sophia wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:49pm:
Victorians loved Dan.

Yeah right… while the rest of Oz had less masks mandates and could go outside as long as they wished to breathe fresh air.. get some sunshine…and keep working…

Wrong, all states had lockdowns including non-essential businesses.

Quote:
… the death toll kept rising particularly in aged care… they were not allowed outside to breathe fresh air… I don’t forget…
  insufficient staff to roll bed-ridden people outside every day.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:56pm

Sophia wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:42pm:

Oh and please feel some compassion…. Not all us Victorians/Melbournites want to be lumped into that group of
Quote:
….what a bunch of complacent roll over play dead manipulated vaxxed to the max cock suckers Victorians are….

When i say all i mean the majority, the majority of Vic's are a bunch of complacent roll over play dead manipulated vaxxed to the max cock suckers.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #39 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 5:09pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:55pm:
Victorians loved Dan.

Yeah right… while the rest of Oz had less masks mandates and could go outside as long as they wished to breathe fresh air.. get some sunshine…and keep working…

Nowhere as bad as Melbourne! And border closures did not reflect the extreme long lockdowns Victorians endured… Daughter was in Qld and was reporting how masks are worn but their freedom was way above ours …

Quote:
… the death toll kept rising particularly in aged care… they were not allowed outside to breathe fresh air… I don’t forget…
Not even opening windows?  Roll Eyes that reminds me of the princess Ruby… none were allowed outside their enclosures and look what happened! That has made hubby and I more adamant in future travels to book balcony staterooms where a door can be opened for fresh air.

Oh and we mustn’t forget our wonderful (not) ambulance unavailability or hospital ramping due to constant code reds.
I’m sure it all helps (not)

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 5:10pm

Johnnie wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:56pm:

Quote:

When i say all i mean the majority, the majority of Vic's are a bunch of complacent roll over play dead manipulated vaxxed to the max cock suckers.

You’ve nearly got it right… at least 45-50% is closer to the mark. Wink

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 5:25pm

Sophia wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 5:10pm:

Quote:

Dirty Dan deeds done dirt cheap, under the table brown paper bags Xi whatever, i can't remember the rest of that song.

45-50 is a divide and conquer.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 6:27pm

Johnnie wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 5:25pm:
Dirty Dan deeds done dirt cheap, under the table brown paper bags

I was WONDERING when the former
Trumpettes
would weigh in with their
conspiracy theories
on the stunning third term victory by the
Dan Andrews Labor Victorian Government

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 6:41pm

... the fools still voted for him,
it was probably rigged

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 6:42pm

No doubt Dan has received a congratulatory message from Chairman Xi, along with further instructions. Roll Eyes

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 6:51pm

I am NOT complacent, roll over, play dead, manipulated - nor vaxxed to the max

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #46 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 6:51pm

4 more years of the despot?
I'm wondering if I should move to the South Island of NZ -
you know -

like Greggy did when ScoMo won.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #47 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 6:52pm

Belgarion wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 6:42pm:
No doubt Dan has received a congratulatory message from Chairman Xi, along with further instructions. Roll Eyes

Maybe Xi can get that Belt and Road initiative happening now?
Dan wanted it.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:04pm

I thank god that my parents chose Sydney as their home base back in the 60's.

As we ALL are !

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:22pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 6:51pm:

I am NOT complacent, roll over, play dead, manipulated - nor vaxxed to the max

Yes you are, you voted for a clown, a dictator a Xi puppet with a world record of locking people up and toddlers out of playgrounds, what an asshole. It's time for VIC to go it's own way, we Australians don't want them here.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:24pm

Bobby. wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 6:51pm:
you know -

Little Pecca didn't move to NZ he lied.

NZ wouldn't be any better with horse face running that place.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:31pm

Was there an election yesterday. Must've missed it.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #52 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:50pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 7:24pm:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 6:51pm:
you know -

Little Pecca didn't move to NZ he lied.

NZ wouldn't be any better with horse face running that place.

You're right - he's a liar.   Smiley

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #53 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 8:33pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 8:04am:

Interesting comparison.

It's a tad like this (and I'm only saying this because you're such a dumb moron that you need to be spoon fed)....could you afford to buy or rent property in Vaucluse or Watson's Bay? The answer for you is HELL NO! Your dole wouldn't even cover renting a garage per week. And there's no way a bludger like you could afford to buy into these areas. Why? They're expensive! That means no bogans like you are allowed in or able to get in. That is what keeps bogans out of certain geographical areas in Australia. The price and cost. If you can't afford it then go south of the border! And stay there!

Oh and re all that (highlighted) BS ? It's remarkable in that it reflects only this : you're a DUMB DANdruff following DHEAD. Stay there in Victoria and suffer more! We Sydneyites couldn't give a shyte really.

Golly gosh... I obviously struck a very raw nerve with Lisa.     Grin

Her tsunami of puerile insults only indicates how accurate my
summation was—and backed by verifiable statistics.

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #54 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 8:45pm

...When i say all i mean the majority, the majority of Vic's are a bunch of complacent roll over play dead manipulated vaxxed to the max cock suckers.

I sometimes wonder how old you are Johnnie.

At times (such as in this comment of yours) I reckon you're
around 16 or so, and just getting your wings in an adult world.

At other times I'm guessing you may well be a mature adult, but
nonetheless carrying a lot of misconceptions about—amongst
other things—politics.  You really need to try and focus on serious
specifics in support of your claims, rather than relying on silly
schoolboy insults.

Ad hominems are usually the last resort of people who're
backed into a corner with nowhere to go.   Think about it.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #55 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 9:13pm

Victorians loved Dan.

Yeah right… while the rest of Oz had less masks mandates and could go outside as long as they wished to breathe fresh air.. get some sunshine…and keep working… all healthy habits… we were locked indoors… real healthy  Roll Eyes …. I recall even Bobby was asking… with all the masks mandates… and lockdowns… the death toll kept rising particularly in aged care… they were not allowed outside to breathe fresh air… I don’t forget…

In NSW most worked from home for over 12 months. In the end I was going onsite about once a week. Fully masked in transit for 15 months and the trains were empty.

Very similar to Vic but less whinging and crying.
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2022 at 9:21pm by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
More DANdruff pain...
Reply #56 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 10:20pm

Quote:

Dirty Dan deeds done dirt cheap, under the table brown paper bags Xi whatever, i can't remember the rest of that song.

I'm ever so thankful that DIRTY DANdruff is in another sad and sorry state of Australia.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #57 - Nov 27th, 2022 at 10:25pm

AusGeoff wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 8:33pm:

Interesting comparison.

Not at all. I merely exposed your insane dribble. That's  all 😐

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #58 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 6:15am

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 10:25pm:

Interesting comparison.

The word is drivel you moron dago, dribbling is what you are doing!

Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2022 at 6:30am by Redmond Neck »  

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #59 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 6:44am

Redmond Neck wrote on Nov 28th, 2022 at 6:15am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 10:25pm:

Interesting comparison.

The word is drivel you moron dago, dribbling is what you are doing!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

👆 The multi dribbling cyber junkie troll of OzPol has spat ITS dummy.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
More DANdruff Pain
Reply #60 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 6:46am

AusGeoff wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 8:45pm:
...When i say all i mean the majority, the majority of Vic's are a bunch of complacent roll over play dead manipulated vaxxed to the max cock suckers.

schoolboy insults.

Look who's dribbling?

The irony of your dribble clearly passed you by hey ArseGeoff?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #61 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 6:51am

Interesting comparison.

DRIBBLE - to let saliva drip from the mouth. Example: The baby dribbled onto its bib.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 7:15am

BREAKING
: Dan Andrews announces a new lockdown for Victoria beginning on November 31.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
More DANdruff Pain!
Reply #63 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 7:19am

Frank wrote on Nov 28th, 2022 at 7:15am:
BREAKING
: Dan Andrews announces a new lockdown for Victoria beginning on November 31.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Enough of THAT JOKE.

Let's look at today's Covid19 figures for Victoria:

COVID-19 data in Victoria

Data last updated Sunday 27 November 2022.

3,427 new cases

« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2022 at 7:31am by Lisa Jones »  

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #64 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 9:50am

I miss the Lockdowns.
Sad

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #65 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 9:57am

Jasin wrote on Nov 28th, 2022 at 9:50am:
I miss the Lockdowns.
Sad

You miss it? Not a worry, Xavier, with a little more practice, your aim will improve  Smiley  Tongue

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #66 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 10:10am

Sophia wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 5:09pm:
Oh and we mustn’t forget our wonderful (not) ambulance unavailability or hospital ramping due to constant code reds.

Another problem in all Australian states, whether Labor or Liberal.

Again,  caused by mainstream media and economists views on government budgets and the supposed need to achieve govt. surpluses - false mainstream monetary ideology. Hence public health has been underfunded for decades, because raising taxes is politically toxic. 

The problem of course is the mythology surrounding "taxpayer money", and the claim that the currency-issuing government needs 'taxpayer money' in order to fund public sector spending. 

The truth is that, unlike taxpayers who must earn their money (in the nation's currency), currency-issuing governments - with their own treasury and central bank - can issue debt-free money, limited only by the nation's resources and productive capacity (to avoid inflation).

Unfortunately, mainstream mythology is strongly entrenched on the back of the ' government debt (public sector) as household debt' (private sector)' analogy. 

Hence the never-ending austerity forced onto government (both state and federal**) by "taxpayers" who are misled by mainstream economists.

(**states can be funded by the federal government, within the limit mentioned above).

Some mainstream commentators like Alan Kohler, Gareth Hutchens and Ross Gittins are catching on; and Noel Pearson has recommended a Job Guarantee to 'close the gap' in Australia. See professor Bill Mitchell's blog:

http://bilbo.economicoutlook.net/blog/?p=50914

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #67 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 1:10pm

This one is my favourite ...   Grin

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #68 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 1:13pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Nov 28th, 2022 at 1:10pm:
This one is my favourite ...   Grin

https://i.imgur.com/I9zM3kj.jpg

careful...we are all subject to accidents...

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Re: More DANdruff Pain
Reply #69 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 9:42pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 28th, 2022 at 6:46am:

schoolboy insults.

Look who's dribbling?

Uh... Lisa... the word you were looking for was drivel.    Grin

But thank you anyway for your consistently kind words!

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Re: More DANdruff Pain
Reply #70 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 6:30am

AusGeoff wrote on Nov 28th, 2022 at 9:42pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 28th, 2022 at 6:46am:

schoolboy insults.

Look who's dribbling?

Uh... Lisa... the word you were looking for was drivel.    Grin

But thank you anyway for your consistently kind words!

You should forgive her as lots of dagos have trouble learning english!

Wink

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 7:03am

ABS, 29 September 2022.

So Dan selling out to Beijings Belt & Road scam to pay Victorias debt was a good thing yeah? Roll Eyes

I've voted Labor my entire working life but one thing that I despise more than most LNP politicians who want to sell off & privatise everything....

are hypocritical Labor politicians that sell out/sell off by stealth.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 7:06am

Hellova lot better than labor!
It wasn’t a landslide for labor… and as mentioned on the discussion panel… all Dan-drift did was cause division.

Grin The lunatic Greens never have been & never will be better than anyone.

Absolute morons.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 7:14am

thegreatdivide wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 3:00pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 2:50pm:

yes that's always the conservative's way - ignore the  debt until the Left are in power....

A bigger problem for us all is Chalmers' capture by central bank orthodoxy...with Lowe happily putting his hand out for a million bucks a year, while claiming  wage  increases for low-wage workers  will cause inflation.....

There are calls for Lowe to resign after his appearance before a Senate Committee yesterday or late last week.

BOQ has given it's CEO the flick as well. An apparent ruthless individual who treated staff like shyte .... off he went with over a $1million golden handshake - making his total nearly $3 million for the year.

Lowe is earning similar money & would also get a big golden handshake.

The CEO's Boys Club is still alive, well & obscenely paid ....

we learnt not one thing from the GFC.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 7:29am

thegreatdivide wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 4:37pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 3:50pm:

Of course, the "balanced budget' mantra of current mainstream economic orthodoxy - mistakenly identifying the currency-issuing government's budget with our household budgets - means it's impossible for government to eradicate poverty, because interest on  debt eventually consumes the government's spending capacity.   

Quote:

You are not listening...the public WANT the Greens policies; the system is bogged down by orthodox central banking policies, which cause the confrontational politics you mention, as well as the well-known disenchantment with politics.  

Try reading the linked article, or go back to sleep.

Quote:

Solution supplied in the linked article.

Doctorate level courses in sustainable economics for a finite planet, beginning this year.... the revolution has begun.

No they don't - just a growing certain city based element that wouldn't know it's arse from it's elbow.

Reality is not their strong point - latte sipping feel good wankers.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 7:40am

Victorians loved Dan.

Nowhere as bad as Melbourne! And border closures did not reflect the extreme long lockdowns Victorians endured… Daughter was in Qld and was reporting how masks are worn but their freedom was way above ours …

Quote:
Not even opening windows?  Roll Eyes that reminds me of the princess Ruby… none were allowed outside their enclosures and look what happened! That has made hubby and I more adamant in future travels to book balcony staterooms where a door can be opened for fresh air.

Ambulance unavailability & ramping is still a national problem.

It was even before COVID.

Recently a friend of ours living in Hervey Bay daughter died after suffering a heart attack & having to wait 90 mins for an Ambulance to take her 4.5 klm from her home to hospital.

The ambulance that eventually came had to drive 32 klm from Maryborough to take her to Hervey Bay hospital.

All states had lockdowns - not as long as Vic but the whole country had them.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: More DANdruff pain...
Reply #76 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 7:48am

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 10:20pm:

Quote:

I'm ever so thankful that DIRTY DANdruff is in another sad and sorry state of Australia.

Yet you forget where all the shyte started?

Ruby Princess - open the gate & let em go Gladys Berejiklian & her dopey Health Minister & Health Chief.

Started the COVID ball rolling nationally .....

Sydney.... Australias Wuhan.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 8:43am

Labor majority government wrote on Nov 26th, 2022 at 8:43pm:
Lost in VIC QLD and SA after one term and cease to exist in WA , nobody wants a liberal government

Very early in the campaign, Matthew Guy made two 'interesting' statements.

FIRSTLY, that this election would be a 'referendum' on the Andrews Government's handling of the COVID19 pandemic

I think we can say THAT argument is now a closed book ?

SECONDLY, he said winning this election was akin to successfully climbing to the summit of Mount Everist.

Early in the evening one quick witted journo noted
Matthew Guy had failed to reach the base camp
- and had been picked up by car to be driven home

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #78 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 9:23am

Gnads wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 7:40am:
Victorians loved Dan.

Quote:

Recently a friend of ours living in Hervey Bay daughter died after suffering a heart attack & having to wait 90 mins for an Ambulance to take her 4.5 klm from her home to hospital.

The ambulance that eventually came had to drive 32 klm from Maryborough to take her to Hervey Bay hospital.

Sorry to hear about your friend’s daughter. Seems a lot of that is happening with the younger ones in recent times.
Re: ambulance ramping/code reds…. just this year… how many Code Reds did Qld have?

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #79 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 10:28am

Gnads wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 7:29am:
No they don't - just a growing certain city based element that wouldn't know it's arse from it's elbow.

Good public transport, universal sufficient health care, price controls when the energy market fails, freedom from student debt ...what's not to like?

Quote:
Reality is not their strong point - latte sipping feel good wankers.

I suppose you are talking about the "reality" of 'how are you going to pay for it?'

Already addressed in my post, which you are ignoring. Go back to sleep, comfortable with the inadequacies of your free-market ideology. Note: free markets are good servants but poor masters.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #80 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 11:07am

Interesting what Jeff Kennett said that what will happen now… the debt will escalate to the point Victorians will be haemorrhaged with debt where younger gens will not be able to afford housing with interest rates on the rise as well.

Here we go, the conservative "how are we going to pay for it" brigade.

I heard a Lib rep banging on about the same thing last night, after conceding defeat.

Fact is Andrews is probably aware of MMT, and knows the Vic. govt. debt doesn't matter, IF the reserve bank of Oz pulls its finger out and pays the debt with debt-free money created in the Oz central bank, which is a  currency-issuing institution. 

The fact the reserve bank is not currently permitted to do this is another matter, but hopefully Andrews will press on with the SEC 'nationalization', and rail loop, and properly funded hospitals, and all the other things Victorians voted for, regardless of debt.

http://bilbo.economicoutlook.net/blog/?p=50914[size=14[/size]

Quote:
And rent is even harder to get let alone a home! I feel for the younger gen. I’m glad I’m a boomer… our age was a lucky escape from the impending catastrophe ahead!

Indeed, the boomers had governments who supported public housing in the days of the post war Keynesian "welfare state".

Neoliberal monetary orthodoxy has destroyed the welfare-state and replaced it with 'austerity'.

Quote:

Better
for greedy boomers like you,
with no understanding of how the central bank is screwing everyone. 

Quote:

I know the Greens are aware of MMT, just not broadcasting it yet, until the electorate understand how the central bank is screwing all of us.

(btw, don't tell Lisa you think the Greens are better than Labor...I think she will have a fit...) 

The Greens will wait for their support to grow further, on the back of policies everyone wants...and let the conservative mainstream press continue to bleat about "how will you pay for it" , until they are in a position to authorize the CB to fund the government with debt free money (consistent with the size of the private sector, and the nation's productive capacity and available resources, to avoid inflation).   

Oh I just saw that hidden in amidst all that …

Greedy hey? How so? You want to say that to our faces? I know who we are… farming community and blue collar workers. Backbone of this country. Worked for everything we have… and never bought on credit … we did without because if we couldn’t pay for it… we went without it. Buying 2nd hand was our better option. And never had a new car.
If any generation is greedy ….and this is what banks like …. It’s todays gen that want the best most expensive top dollar items on the never never plan… Central bank will screw anyone whether frugal or spendthrift.
We paid high interest of 12% for our home loan in our time. Seems we never had it easy. Even working physically hard. Seems none want to work like that anymore or get their hands dirty.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #81 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 11:15am

Breaking news - the election was rigged:

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #82 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 12:43pm

Sophia wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 11:07am:
[quote author=AusbetterWorld link=1669459429/21

Greedy hey? How so? You want to say that to our faces?

You betcha: greedy bastards, some of whom might be forgiven for the lesser crime of ignorance....

eg complicit in successive governments' dismantling of public housing, voting for capital gains and share imputation benefits. 

Quote:
I know who we are… farming community and blue collar workers. Backbone of this country.

Raped by central bankers and globalization favouring the big corporations; meanwhile most boomers' kids today have no hope in hell of buying their own house unless their parents are rich.   

Quote:
Worked for everything we have… and never bought on credit … we did without because if we couldn’t pay for it… we went without it. Buying 2nd hand was our better option. And never had a new car.
If any generation is greedy ….and this is what banks like …. It’s todays gen that want the best most expensive top dollar items on the never never plan…

refuted above: you own your house, it's only a dream  for many kids today, not to mention it's almost impossible to find even an affordable rental.

Quote:
Central bank will screw anyone whether frugal or spendthrift.

The point is: central banks screw the government, which is why governments have been selling off public housing for decades

Quote:
We paid high interest of 12% for our home loan in our time. Seems we never had it easy. Even working physically hard. Seems none want to work like that anymore or get their hands dirty.

Hard to "get your hands dirty" when the current gig economy mainly offers insecure mickey mouse gig jobs, automation is taking over factories and agriculture, and Oz manufacturing has moved offshore over decades. 

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 9:12pm

Bye libs in NSW , then we take tassie

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 5:03am

It was either rigged, or Victorians are very stupid people.  Grin

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 6:13am

thegreatdivide wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 12:43pm:
Sophia wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 11:07am:
[quote author=AusbetterWorld link=1669459429/21

Greedy hey? How so? You want to say that to our faces?

You betcha: greedy bastards, some of whom might be forgiven for the lesser crime of ignorance....

eg complicit in successive governments' dismantling of public housing, voting for capital gains and share imputation benefits. 

Quote:
I know who we are… farming community and blue collar workers. Backbone of this country.

Raped by central bankers and globalization favouring the big corporations; meanwhile most boomers' kids today have no hope in hell of buying their own house unless their parents are rich.   

Quote:
Worked for everything we have… and never bought on credit … we did without because if we couldn’t pay for it… we went without it. Buying 2nd hand was our better option. And never had a new car.
If any generation is greedy ….and this is what banks like …. It’s todays gen that want the best most expensive top dollar items on the never never plan…

refuted above: you own your house, it's only a dream  for many kids today, not to mention it's almost impossible to find even an affordable rental.

Quote:
Central bank will screw anyone whether frugal or spendthrift.

The point is: central banks screw the government, which is why governments have been selling off public housing for decades

Quote:

Hard to "get your hands dirty" when the current gig economy mainly offers insecure mickey mouse gig jobs, automation is taking over factories and agriculture, and Oz manufacturing has moved offshore over decades. 

It was only a dream for everyone - including Boomers you ageist git.

Most waited many years & even some Boomers had to rely on wealthier parents to get into a home.

A lot of older blokes than me that worked in the Railways rented all their lives - never owned their own home.

In fact in this town - a town that was known for paying basic wages - many lower paid workers rented all their lives.

Sophia is right it is now a generation of everything new & all the mod cons from the get go.

New IT, new clothes, new cars, new furniture, new flash houses on 460 sq tr blocks..... mortgaged to the max....

then sit on tenterhooks fearing interest rate rises ...

& when it happens - many lose their houses.

Where I borrowed $30,000 in 1979 .......

they don't blink an eye in borrowing $400 to $800 thousand.

The major cities like Sydney & Melbourne you're up for $1 million for a workers cottage.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #86 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 5:06pm

Gnads wrote on Nov 30th, 2022 at 6:13am:
It was only a dream for everyone - including Boomers you ageist git.

Nonsense, boomers with an average wage could afford to buy; today's average wage won't cut the mustard. That's why home ownership rates have been falling since the 80's. 

Quote:
Most waited many years & even some Boomers had to rely on wealthier parents to get into a home.

Not on average; adult kids living with parents is a modern phenomenon.

Quote:
A lot of older blokes than me that worked in the Railways rented all their lives - never owned their own home.

Lower working class wages perhaps, but public housing was available. 

Quote:
In fact in this town - a town that was known for paying basic wages - many lower paid workers rented all their lives.

addressed above; even middle class wages are insufficient in the big cities today.   

Quote:
Sophia is right it is now a generation of everything new & all the mod cons from the get go.

No, it's now permanent renting for increasing numbers of workers. .

Quote:
New IT, new clothes, new cars, new furniture, new flash houses on 460 sq tr blocks..... mortgaged to the max....

yes, and they still won't have paid off the mortgage when they retire...

Quote:
then sit on tenterhooks fearing interest rate rises ...

& when it happens - many lose their houses.

Where I borrowed $30,000 in 1979 .......

they don't blink an eye in borrowing $400 to $800 thousand.

The major cities like Sydney & Melbourne you're up for $1 million for a workers cottage.

Exactly. Meanwhile the Boomers who bought in the big cities in the 70s are now multi millionaires on the back of inflated house prices.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 5:24pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Nov 30th, 2022 at 5:03am:

or, and this is the more likely reason,
you
are very stupid

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #88 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 5:33pm

Gnads wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 7:40am:
Victorians loved Dan.

Quote:

Well if you want to make 'Medical Industry' the priority industry before Politics, Military and Religion (like in Aust, UK, USA) - then maybe you should move to Oceania (from Cuba to New Zealand) where Medical care is better.

Pretty sad to see the Australian Medical Industry's recruitment drive for the last 50 years being somewhat 'sickie' for a strike and money in the $$ pocket (wage) rather than making an effort to increase RECRUITMENT and KEEP THEM in the industry.

Hell, you don't even have a School subject dedicated to the Medical. But you do have 'Cadets' after school for the Military.

Australians get the Medical care they deserve (which is falling towards the UK & USA level of cost and quality - which we all know what is like. Wink)

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 6:22pm

labor_004.jpeg (47 KB | 5 )
labor_004.jpeg

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #90 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 7:00pm

Grin

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #91 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 7:47pm

https://caldronpool.com/freedom-is-being-thrown-away-in-the-west-while-being-fou...

Freedom Is Being Thrown Away in the West
While Being Fought for in Communist China

"Victorians with a clear case of Stockholm Syndrome and Battered Woman Syndrome are pleased as punch to vote back in their thuggish leader, while liberty-loving Chinese protesters are facing certain arrest, imprisonment, torture and death to get rid of theirs as they stand up for freedom."

While Victorian Premier Dan Andrews is not yet fully on par with Chinese dictator Xi Jinping, the similarities are too obvious to ignore. Both have been utterly callous and dismissive of basic goods like freedom and human rights. Both have ruled over the harshest and longest lockdowns in the world. Both have a deep contempt for religion, especially Christianity. Both are power-hungry thugs who want to be dictators for life.

During the same weekend when Victorians decided they prefer tyranny over liberty, corruption over integrity and dystopian nightmares over an efficient and productive society, large crowds in China were moving in the exact opposite direction.

While things may not be that bad in Victoria – yet – they could easily head that way. Dan’s war on Christianity knows no limits, and one simply has to ask about his 580 million dollar quarantine facility which he recently had built, but was closed eight months after it opened. This will likely come in real handy if any uppity, freedom-loving Victorians continue to resist his reign of terror. Just sayin’.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Dec 1st, 2022 at 7:27am

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 30th, 2022 at 8:33am:
Matthew Guy wasn't the right candidate for the job ...

He wasn't the right candidate for the job in 2018, either
Nor was the bloke (whose name no one can remember) who replaced him after THAT election loss, with even WORSE polling

So what do the Liberal Party of Victoria do now ?
Let's give the clown who lost in 2018 another try in 2022 !

The truth is the party are riding out a 'low' at the moment, both states wise and federally - with no leadership talent, whatsoever.

I MEAN, federally, the bloke is in the role - because no one else wanted it.

Labor have been through this sort of desert - over the Abbott, Turnbull and early Morrison years

Labor have bounced back - as the Liberals will do, over a few election cycles

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Dec 1st, 2022 at 11:00am

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 30th, 2022 at 6:22pm:

Not only but also - pigs CAN  fly:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveInmanUIC/status/1598059595133759488

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #94 - Dec 1st, 2022 at 1:40pm

Bobby. wrote on Nov 30th, 2022 at 7:47pm:
https://caldronpool.com/freedom-is-being-thrown-away-in-the-west-while-being-fou...

"Victorians with a clear case of Stockholm Syndrome and Battered Woman Syndrome are pleased as punch to vote back in their thuggish leader, while liberty-loving Chinese protesters are facing certain arrest, imprisonment, torture and death to get rid of theirs as they stand up for freedom."

Not a promising start to his argument.

Victorians have taken to loving their abuser?

SEC back into public hands, rail-loop completion.....and
lockdowns saving lives in a pandemic...hardly abusive.   

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #95 - Dec 1st, 2022 at 2:35pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 1st, 2022 at 1:40pm:

Have a look at Dan's rubber bullet work done on peaceful protestors.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/SoFAy6CKyHj9/

https://www.bitchute.com/video/6WubjoaRC1sr/

https://www.bitchute.com/video/WbOc2yewFZiO/

https://www.bitchute.com/video/xPAOi57db6j2/

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #96 - Dec 1st, 2022 at 2:47pm

Bobby. wrote on Dec 1st, 2022 at 2:35pm:

My recollection (from TV) is of violent antivaxxers, not peaceful protesters

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Dec 1st, 2022 at 8:28pm

Poor Fellow - My Country!

― John Adams

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 7:00am

Bill Muehlenberg

https://spectator.com.au/2022/12/victoria-and-china-a-tragic-tale-of-two-tyranni...

Bill Muehlenberg
?

I'd thought that silly old cu
nt coot - and faux christian - was LONG dead ?

Quote:
WHEN DARKNESS DESCENDS UPON A NATION

by
Bill Muehlenberg

Federal Labor has declared itself to be aligned with the powers of darkness.

“The Australian Labor Party has voted in favour of same-sex marriage. It’s also backed a motion to allow state and federal Labor MPs a conscience vote on gay marriage if a Bill comes to parliament. The motion on the conscience vote was carried 208 votes to 185.

https://noplaceforsheep.com/2011/12/04/pm-is-fornicating-socialist-atheist-in-be...

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #99 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 7:30am

thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 1st, 2022 at 2:47pm:

Really - what weapons did they have? -

they were unarmed peaceful protestors met with
extreme State violence from Dan's communist henchmen.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #100 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 10:33am

Bobby. wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 7:30am:

Bobby is right. Our only weapons were speakers, posters, flags and drums.

My friend and I attended a few of these rallies (drive into Melbourne and parking at Wilson car park in Bourke street) We even have a photo with the Real Rukshan.
His videos show the truth… not the cut versions of the media when in one rally the protesters had enough roughing up and charged through the blockade.
This was after a long time when enough was enough!
No protesters were the perpetrators in any way.
Unless anyone here on this forum attended… and since everyone is always harping on about the media is full of bs…. Cherry picking videos ….
That guy with the “punch” to police horse didn’t punch the horse… that mounted police was pushing into the crowd with that horse and that guy pushed the horse away.

Those weird Redback UN jackboots were the real antagonists! They are the ones that fired the rubber bullets into a peaceful crowd of people at the Shrine of Rememberance.

One peaceful earlier rally near Vic Market… those weird UN jackboots with helmets, shields, and a weapon in hand… was anyone there to see their disregard for people in the market? Well little old ladies were pushed against the vege trays on trestle tables as they did their “show” as they charged right through the shopping aisles! WTF???

When the dictator had all the armoured vehicles lined up at a Melbourne intersection to show off… I thought that was the pits.
That was an intimidating low and unnecessary act.

A show off to the rest of the world saying “look at moiye look at moiye…look at how tough I am!”

Relatives in California and Italy were asking what was going on!!!!

In one rally…(I have a personal video as proof) our normal boys in blue… were ordered to form a barricade… one young looking rookie was totally shyting himself…with his hand on gun!!!!

One drummer and my friend went to officer in charge to report their concerns about that young cop and his fear that he might do something.

In all honesty… unless one attended the rallies… then you really have no idea.
I have more I can recount about the Canberra gathering… and those microwave type military weapons used to burn random people in the crowd…some still have medical issues from that.
There was no need for it. None!!!!

« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2022 at 10:41am by Sophia »  

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
DICKTATOR DANger
Reply #101 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 10:53am

Sophia wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 10:33am:

Bobby is right. Our only weapons were speakers, posters, flags and drums.

My friend and I attended a few of these rallies (drive into Melbourne and parking at Wilson car park in Bourke street) We even have a photo with the Real Rukshan.
His videos show the truth… not the cut versions of the media when in one rally the protesters had enough roughing up and charged through the blockade.
Unless anyone here on this forum attended… and since everyone is always harping on about the media is full of bs…. Cherry picking videos ….
That guy with the “punch” to police horse didn’t punch the horse… that mounted police was pushing into the crowd with that horse and that guy pushed the horse away.

Those weird Redback UN jackboots were the real antagonists! They are the ones that fired the rubber bullets into a peaceful crowd of people at the Shrine of Rememberance.

One peaceful earlier rally near Vic Market… those weird UN jackboots with helmets, shields, and a weapon in hand… was anyone there to see their disregard for people in the market? Well little old ladies were pushed against the vege trays on trestle tables as they did their “show” as they charged right through the shopping aisles! WTF???

When the dictator had all the armoured vehicles lined up at a Melbourne intersection to show off… I thought that was the pits.

A show off to the rest of the world saying “look at moiye look at moiye…look at how tough I am!”

In one rally…(I have a personal video as proof) our normal boys in blue… were ordered to form a barricade… one young looking rookie was totally shyting himself…with his hand on gun!!!!

One drummer and my friend went to officer in charge to report their concerns about that young cop and his fear that he might do something.

I have more I can recount about the Canberra gathering… and those microwave type military weapons used to burn random people in the crowd…some still have medical issues from that.

Sophia you are 100000000% spot on!

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Re: DICKTATOR DANger
Reply #102 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 1:29pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 10:53am:

Still, apparently the majority of the Vic population weren't particularly upset by the protests and police response (hence Dan's re-election).

It's telling Sophia WAS a protester....0.1% of the population....

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #103 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 1:41pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 1:29pm:

Still, apparently the majority of the Vic population weren't particularly upset by the protests and police response (hence Dan's re-election).

You do realise that many Victorians have FLED the state...yes?

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #104 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 1:56pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 1:41pm:

You do realise that many Victorians have FLED the
state...yes?

"Melbourne will then overtake Sydney to be Australia's largest city in 2026. Based on the current growth rate, Melbourne will reach seven million in 2031 and eight million in 2037 (with Sydney not reaching eight million until 2040). Victoria is also Australia's fastest-growing state."28 Aug 2022

Try again.
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2022 at 2:02pm by thegreatdivide »  

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #105 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 2:15pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 1:56pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 1:41pm:

state...yes?

"Melbourne will then overtake Sydney to be Australia's largest city in 2026. Based on the current growth rate, Melbourne will reach seven million in 2031 and eight million in 2037 (with Sydney not reaching eight million until 2040). Victoria is also Australia's fastest-growing state."28 Aug 2022

Try again.

No you need to try again. This time by providing the LINK.

And after that I'd like to see the figures for Victoria's population over the past 3 years.

Idiot!

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #106 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 4:05pm

I will explain what it really shows… and DicDan hates Melbournites!
We rallied at night also with police help as they halted traffic and followed us for protection against any set up against us.
It’s not shown on tv… I have my own video and photos of it.
We had big signage “Vote the Majors out”
And guess what… we succeeded!
Why?
Because the whole of Melbourne voted the Major parties out!
The Greens are in.
And apparently growing and spreading out towards outter areas.

So Dan has nothing to crow about re: our capital city.
Eventually Lab will join the demise of Lib … just more wake up calls to show regional/country how to do it…  to get out of the habit of voting either tweedledee or tweedledum like “they’ve always done”

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #107 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 4:07pm

Sophia wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 10:33am:

Bobby is right.

Our only weapons were speakers, posters, flags and drums.

I'm always right.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #108 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 4:22pm

Bobby… I just remembered something else…
We rallied peacefully as you know… one such friend we took in turns to push her wheelchair she hired for $20 for the day. Everyone in Melbourne was so lovely.
None ever wanted to start any fights or anything.
But get this… caught on video… one of the “protesters” was in liaison with the cops to start a clash.
He had a white ribbon thing on his wrist so the cops knew he was one of them.

Are people really silly enough to believe there are no “plants” in any rally set about to discredit it with “violent clashes”? Oh but the news! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #109 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 4:39pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 2:15pm:
state...yes?

Quote:

Quote:
No you need to try again. This time by providing the LINK.

And after that I'd like to see the figures for Victoria's population over the past 3 years.

Idiot!

Seriously Lisa... you couldn't take 5 seconds to find a link yourself?    Sad

https://www.9news.com.au/national/melbourne-set-to-overtake-sydney-as-australias...

And again, if you'd taken a few seconds to check Victoria's population,
you would've found this annual increase:

2017 = 6.15 million
2018 = 6.27 million
2019 = 6.35 million
2020 = 6.50 million
2021 = 6.62 million

In fact, the rate of its population increase indicates Victoria is
outstripping NSW during the past five years.

https://www.population.net.au/population-of-victoria/

BTW Lisa... is there any reason you invariably include an insult
in your responses towards anybody who disagrees with your
points of view?     It's really kinda juvenile ya know.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 5:04pm

AusGeoff wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 4:39pm:

Says the Mr Caring and Nurturing sage of Gippsland:

AusGeoff wrote on Dec 1st, 2022 at 10:39pm:
Is the ever moronic Sir Lastnail ever gonna give up posting this sort
of rubbish?  The bloke in the video looks and acts like some sort of
loony psychopath. He obviously needs to be locked up for other
people's safety.

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #111 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 5:07pm

Sophia wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 4:22pm:
...Are people really silly enough to believe there are no “plants” in any rally set about to discredit it with “violent clashes”? Oh but the news!

As you'll recall, I've posted here several times that these protests
invariably include a fair number of what I call the "rent-a-crowd" mob.
Usually but not limited to uni students and unemployed layabouts.

And they're the ones that incite a lot of the formerly peaceful protesters
to resort to violence against the police.  It's a form of any large crowd
mass hysteria.

Mass hysteria refers to an outbreak of unusual and uncharacteristic
behaviours, thoughts and feelings shared among a group of people.
People affected by mass hysteria wouldn’t behave in that way on a
regular basis
and may share an extreme fear of an exaggerated or
nonexistent threat.

In the case of the Melbourne Shrine protest, the rent-a-crowd mob was
the catalyst for what ultimately happened.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #112 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 5:27pm

The CIA have been paying such (fraudulent) Protesters for decades all around the world.
American Political Parties have been doing it to each other for ages too, but the CIA thought of it first.
Now Australia is doing it - but hey, Australia is the 51st State of the USA... just look at Albanese hump Biden's leg. As Asia says - "Australia is the 'dog' of America" and they're right you know.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #113 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 5:33pm

AusGeoff wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 5:07pm:
...Are people really silly enough to believe there are no “plants” in any rally set about to discredit it with “violent clashes”? Oh but the news!

mass hysteria.

regular basis
nonexistent threat.

I changed my reply here as I re-read what you wrote… yes rent a crowd/thugs/UN redbacks to cause trouble.

There’s been a lot more peaceful rallies in Melbourne that have not had any coverage … probably because they were “pop up rallies” so as not to get the rented thugs in the know/mix of it.
Of course the news did no coverage of “the peaceful protests”  Roll Eyes

The all nighters on parliament steps were really good.. a bit chilly but you want to know how kind and wonderful and supportive Melbourne businesses were?
Free donated sandwiches, bottle waters, fruit, pizzas, etc so much to mention… and one coffee can donated 200 hot cups of coffee.
Nothing mentioned in the news about that either.  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2022 at 5:52pm by Sophia »  

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #114 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 5:39pm

Try 11-12 %
A turn up of 750,000 people turned up in Melbourne at the biggest rally…. yet what we see on the idiot box in the corner…”a small protest group of 500 people”
What a laugh…  Grin why do the news media have trouble showing the truth?
There are plenty aerial photos to show how huge it was.
Pooh to the lying news.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #115 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 5:40pm

When Sydney (City of Redneck Rugby League 'biffo') Politically protests - they call it the Mardi Gras  Grin

When Melbourne (City of Gay Aussie Rules 'push n shove') Politically protests - expect a RIOT !!! 
Cheesy

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #116 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 5:58pm

I suppose we are all responsible, from time to time,  for behaving like our MPs do in 'question time'...

The more destructive thing is the Right's view of the world....which greedily promotes the "right" of the individual to claim as much of the nation's output as possible for himself, in an 'invisible hand' market-based competition.....while the public sector is always subject to debt-based 'austerity' .

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #117 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 6:29pm

Sophia wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 5:33pm:
AusGeoff wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 5:07pm:

mass hysteria.

regular basis
nonexistent threat.

I changed my reply here as I re-read what you wrote… yes rent a crowd/thugs/UN redbacks to cause trouble.

There’s been a lot more peaceful rallies in Melbourne that have not had any coverage … probably because they were “pop up rallies” so as not to get the rented thugs in the know/mix of it.
Of course the news did no coverage of “the peaceful protests”  Roll Eyes

The all nighters on parliament steps were really good.. a bit chilly but you want to know how kind and wonderful and supportive Melbourne businesses were?
Free donated sandwiches, bottle waters, fruit, pizzas, etc so much to mention… and one coffee can donated 200 hot cups of coffee.
Nothing mentioned in the news about that either.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #118 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 12:08am

Frank wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 5:04pm:

Says the Mr Caring and Nurturing sage of Gippsland:

AusGeoff wrote on Dec 1st, 2022 at 10:39pm:
Is the ever moronic Sir Lastnail ever gonna give up posting this sort
of rubbish?  The bloke in the video looks and acts like some sort of
loony psychopath. He obviously needs to be locked up for other
people's safety.

Interesting how the id AusGeoff came to the much needed aid of that other multi id NotsoGreat.

In any event neither ID could provide a link to counter my initial argument about people fleeing the state of VICTORIA.

Speaking of links....here's one which I'm pretty sure NotsoGreat won't like much.

Mass migration - Victorians leave the state at record rate in pandemic. Read more here 👇

https://amp.smh.com.au/national/a-mass-migration-victorians-leave-the-state-at-r...

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #119 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 12:16am

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/falling-population-to-cost-nsw-and-victo...

Could we please take a look at THIS article which is definitely linked to the population issues facing Victoria.

Not surprisingly - the article includes issues pertaining to NSW.

NB: Most of NSW's population (approx 77%) is based in Sydney which is the most expensive city to buy into and live in Australia.

Please have a read. The ramifications of population movements for both Victoria and NSW are far reaching.

« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2022 at 12:25am by Lisa Jones »  

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #120 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 1:44am

That's because Sydney and Melbourne really are s*hitholes that are so over-priced, polluted, filthy, full of miserable unhappy people called 'numbers', because as you can see from Lisa's Graph provided, that that's what its all about for Cities. The list could go on.

I've lived in both and I learned that in both cities - Life is cheap, but Toilet Paper is expensive. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #121 - Dec 6th, 2022 at 4:09pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Dec 6th, 2022 at 5:38pm

The Vic Labor Party can get millions of taxpayers dollars from the VEC for that election ... they don't have to take it, but I bet the mongrels do

The idea of being paid for votes should be banned and made illegal

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #123 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 11:20am

Bias_2012 wrote on Dec 6th, 2022 at 5:38pm:
The Vic Labor Party can get millions of taxpayers dollars from the VEC for that election ... they don't have to take it, but I bet the mongrels do

The idea of being paid for votes should be banned and made illegal

Yes, and ANY private funds should also be banned in politics.

But may the party with the policies to promote the greatest good for the greatest number win elections...

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #124 - Dec 9th, 2022 at 7:47pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #125 - Dec 10th, 2022 at 12:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 9th, 2022 at 7:47pm:

Yes: "Labor's Jordan Crugnale has retained her seat of Bass, meaning the party has surpassed its 2018 "Danslide" in the lower house.

Liberals are unelectable.

And Dutton was bitching about price caps on energy companies the other day....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print