Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Carnies v Vegans (Read 148 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Carnies v Vegans
Nov 25th, 2022 at 6:37pm

I came across this article about our early non-sapien Ancestors.
https://ocoy.org/humans-are-we-carnivores-or-vegetarians-by-nature/

In truth, from what I've read over the years - which does change with new discoveries made.
I believe that before our Ancestors created tools (H.habilis) or used fire to cook meat for better consumption. The earlier species of 'us' were primarily Vegans. Plants are harder to digest and these Homos were more 'squatty' in their appearance as most digestion was made in the lower abdomen. With the consumption of meat on the menu coming later, the upper abdomen consumption of meat made the Homo physic less squatty and more upper body slender.

Before 'cooking'. I have no doubt when hunger called, that the early Homos would scavenge meat from dead animals if plant foods were not available. Eating small lizards or other easily attained meats probably helped the adaption towards meat. Eventually, the cognitive realisation that a 'cooked' dead animal provided from a natural fire or bushfire - was better than a raw dead one, probably stoked the brain (thanks to meat) to create fire by the hand of the Homos themselves and later the stone tools to help cut the flesh. We do have x4 canine teeth as if a carnivore and we also have molars as if a vegetarian - but we also have incisor teeth for being omnivorous. I'm sure, thanks to the meat stimulating the brain from the previous stupid Vegetarian Homo-cows grazing, that the ability to 'hunt' eventually evolved.

To me, being Ominvorous is far better than being just Vegetarian or Carnivorous.
...then there are the Sugarese People who live of mostly sugarised foods.
<Maybe one day, people will be forced to eat Plastics, like all the wildlife are these days? I'm sure there's an evolutionary step adaption there in the making.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Carnies v Vegans
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2022 at 7:03pm

Did your lip curl too? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2022 at 7:07pm

lee wrote on Nov 25th, 2022 at 7:03pm:
Did your lip curl too? Roll Eyes

No, but it did Rip Curl upon a Mushroom.
But that's another thing altogether being both plant and animal - eh? Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 25th, 2022 at 7:31pm

See JM's thread.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Nov 25th, 2022 at 7:34pm

lee wrote on Nov 25th, 2022 at 7:31pm:
See JM's thread.

This one is better.  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print