Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Would you pay $25 to climb Mt Warning?

Yes    
  5 (41.7%)
No    
  7 (58.3%)

Total votes: 12
« Created by: Gordon on: Oct 28th, 2022 at 6:32pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Mark Latham challenges Mt Warning closure (Read 2572 times)
buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Re: Mark Latham challenges Mt Warning closure
Reply #45 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 7:02am

Bias_2012 wrote on Nov 25th, 2022 at 2:26pm:
It's legal to own land if you buy it, or it's given to you, and you pay Council rates

Is Mt Warning still Crown land? - Who owns it?

If the 'letter of the law' was followed, the answer to that question would be the Bundjalung people.

Bearing in mind the property never exchanged hands through any sales contract, nor was it 'won' through any acts of war.

Consider the ownership of Uluru, as an example

Quote:
Who owns Uluru and Kata Tjuta?

Anangu own Uluru and Kata Tjuta and lease the land to the Australian Government.

Parks Australia and Anangu work together as partners, jointly managing the national park using a mix of modern science and traditional knowledge.

https://parksaustralia.gov.au/uluru/about/joint-management/

If we looked at the situation in reverse - hypothetically, for a moment - we would be calling the European descendens squatters, if they claimed ownership.

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #46 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 7:10am

Your 'poll' is somewhat misleading
I was going to put NO - not because I don't recognise the traditional owners.
But because it looks a little dull - and I could find better value options to blow 25 bucks.
SO, I haven't given an answer.

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #47 - Mar 10th, 2024 at 1:53am

Doesn't look like the answers came.
Just more questions and so it will be year after year.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Mar 10th, 2024 at 7:29am

Grin Grin Grin

Marl Latham jumping on this bandwagon is sure to get most people to ignore the bigots pushing this barrow

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Mar 11th, 2024 at 9:10am

mothra wrote on Nov 25th, 2022 at 5:31am:
Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Nov 24th, 2022 at 9:32pm:
mothra wrote on Oct 28th, 2022 at 8:01am:
freediver wrote on Oct 28th, 2022 at 7:46am:
Mothra do you support excluding people from National Parks on the basis of race and gender?

Why are you afraid to answer the question?

Your question is reductive and dishonest.

Why are you afraid to answer as to why thatis?

What the bugger does being reductive have to do with the question?

Because owing to it's reductive nature, it is not an open and honest question and is in fact, as is a favourable tactic by Fleadriver, a trap.

Ironically, it's a racist and sexist trap. As in, why can't Aboriginal people own land and what is so hard for the average idiot to understand about men's and women's sacred spaces in Aboriginal culture?

A more open and debate worthy question would be is it legal to own land in Australia? And is one free to do on their land as they see fit, be it within the law?

But that's two questions. That might confuse the average Ozpol user.

Well you might advise Toodyay land "owner" Tony Maddox as to why he isn't able to do as he sees fit on his own land?

Quote:
Toodyay landowner Tony Maddox to stand trial for alleged breach of WA Aboriginal Heritage Act. A Toodyay real estate agent facing up to nine months jail and a $20,000 fine for repairing a creek crossing on his property — allegedly in violation of WA's Aboriginal Heritage Act — will stand trial this month.14 Feb 2024

Wollumbin is a National Park.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Mar 11th, 2024 at 9:13am

Frank wrote on Nov 25th, 2022 at 8:29am:
mothra wrote on Nov 25th, 2022 at 5:31am:
Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Nov 24th, 2022 at 9:32pm:
mothra wrote on Oct 28th, 2022 at 8:01am:
freediver wrote on Oct 28th, 2022 at 7:46am:
Mothra do you support excluding people from National Parks on the basis of race and gender?

Why are you afraid to answer the question?

Your question is reductive and dishonest.

Why are you afraid to answer as to why thatis?

What the bugger does being reductive have to do with the question?

Because owing to it's reductive nature, it is not an open and honest question and is in fact, as is a favourable tactic by Fleadriver, a trap.

Ironically, it's a racist and sexist trap. As in, why can't Aboriginal people own land and what is so hard for the average idiot to understand about men's and women's sacred spaces in Aboriginal culture?

A more open and debate worthy question would be is it legal to own land in Australia? And is one free to do on their land as they see fit, be it within the law?

But that's two questions. That might confuse the average Ozpol user.

How is exclusive male Aboriginal access for ceremonia reasons any different to exclusive men-only clubs, Mothra Theresa?  Why are you applauding Aboriginal male chauvinism but deploring non-Aboriginal male chauvinism? What is the difference apart from race?/culture?

Leftoid virtue signalers like her don't see the hypocrisy/double standards unless it suits their narrative/agenda.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Mar 11th, 2024 at 9:15am

John Smith wrote on Nov 25th, 2022 at 6:05pm:
The same old ignorant bigots just keep repeating the same old crap no matter how many times their errors have been explained to them  Roll Eyes

Funny .... you've never done that.  Grin

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Mar 11th, 2024 at 9:17am

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 28th, 2022 at 7:07am:
Anyone know how the dingoes are going there these days?

Do you know the difference between Mt. Warning & Fraser Island?  Grin

That's were the dingo problem with tourists has been.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #53 - Mar 12th, 2024 at 10:16am

Well... "mothra" - I constantly make offers of land being given to Aborigines to build on etc... up to and including Aborassic Park - their own designated homeland run by their own rules... I offer a constant stream of suggestions that each group be given some freehold land of their own - yet you screech 'racist' every time I do that.

So - how does taking possession of Mt Warning - a NATIONAL Park and Icon for good reason (because it IS a special place for ALL and is already PROTECTED) - become the way to 'allow Aborigines to own some land'?  They can't build there... they can't - Jesus - agriculture or aquaculture there .. FFS THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING THERE ...its 'spirituality' is as apparent to EVERYONE as it is to them and they have been superceded by a different culture now ....

What could possibly be your argument?

I'll try again - give them Aborassic Park - their own homeland that Mansell wants and demands - where they can 'do things their way' without interference in any way from Whartey.... get back to nature as they reckon it was .... back to their Idyllic times... no cars, no cash, no foodstuffs, no healthcare, no boats, no fishing rods, no rifles, no Macca's .... easy as pie.... they can aquaculture and agriculture their way through that, surely - send Pascoe up to live there permanently to help them out.

I've suggested we take it from the Queenslend guv-mint that loves them so much, way up north there with a span across the mountains from the dry interior to a part of the coast - with access through for all others on designated easements, of course - nuff of this BS of handing over sand dunes to whiners and shutting off people from beach access... put a bulldozer through that I say.

What say you?  Are you onboard now?  Put 'em all on the trains and ship 'em out to The Park Paradise?  Or give 'em an acre of land in The Civilised Zone on which they can build and hold freehold at their own discretion and judgement.... a once only offer.  It's coming to that.  Win-win for everyone!!!!

How about - instead of this deliberately provocative handing over of NATIONAL Parks, the very best waterfront land, and such to a bunch of whingers who have no real and proven connection to that segment of the land anyway - every such group be given a fair amount of freehold land for their own use - make it or break it.... build your home there - sell it and it's gone and there is no more?

2% of the population cannot be permitted to wag the dog any longer without something breaking down.... and mumbo-jumbo BS is not sufficient to make it 'theirs' forever.

Time to grow up.  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2024 at 10:27am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

goosecat

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 11:26am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 12th, 2024 at 10:16am:
Well... "mothra" - I constantly make offers of land being given to Aborigines to build on etc... up to and including Aborassic Park - their own designated homeland run by their own rules... I offer a constant stream of suggestions that each group be given some freehold land of their own - yet you screech 'racist' every time I do that.

So - how does taking possession of Mt Warning - a NATIONAL Park and Icon for good reason (because it IS a special place for ALL and is already PROTECTED) - become the way to 'allow Aborigines to own some land'?  They can't build there... they can't - Jesus - agriculture or aquaculture there .. FFS THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING THERE ...its 'spirituality' is as apparent to EVERYONE as it is to them and they have been superceded by a different culture now ....

I'll try again - give them Aborassic Park - their own homeland that Mansell wants and demands - where they can 'do things their way' without interference in any way from Whartey.... get back to nature as they reckon it was .... back to their Idyllic times... no cars, no cash, no foodstuffs, no healthcare, no boats, no fishing rods, no rifles, no Macca's .... easy as pie.... they can aquaculture and agriculture their way through that, surely - send Pascoe up to live there permanently to help them out.

I've suggested we take it from the Queenslend guv-mint that loves them so much, way up north there with a span across the mountains from the dry interior to a part of the coast - with access through for all others on designated easements, of course - nuff of this BS of handing over sand dunes to whiners and shutting off people from beach access... put a bulldozer through that I say.

What say you?  Are you onboard now?  Put 'em all on the trains and ship 'em out to The Park Paradise?  Or give 'em an acre of land in The Civilised Zone on which they can build and hold freehold at their own discretion and judgement.... a once only offer.  It's coming to that.  Win-win for everyone!!!!

How about - instead of this deliberately provocative handing over of NATIONAL Parks, the very best waterfront land, and such to a bunch of whingers who have no real and proven connection to that segment of the land anyway - every such group be given a fair amount of freehold land for their own use - make it or break it.... build your home there - sell it and it's gone and there is no more?

2% of the population cannot be permitted to wag the dog any longer without something breaking down.... and mumbo-jumbo BS is not sufficient to make it 'theirs' forever.

Sounds similar to what the Americans did with their natives. Give em some land, let em do as they please regarding the old ways ( minus serious crime )etc and see how they go. Turns out a little "Western" gambling money helps with that equation. Not arguing for or against the idea,just noting there is a fairly similar case study to use for reference. Is that sort of outcome the best society example? Maybe,I don't actually know. So many different approaches, vast sums of money and ideas have been thrown at this. I have family that worked in Indigenous communities for years in education with all sorts of positive energy and aspirations. It slowly became a disappointing reality.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2024 at 12:25pm by goosecat »  

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 1:21pm

I've come all the way around to the Open Range concept - everywhere is Open Range until fully owned freehold, which native title does not confer.

Give them their own freehold to build on etc, form settlements - ensure they understand they have the same rights to Open Range as everyone else, including, most importantly, great natural attractions.. naturally occurring features that NOBODY can lay claim of ownership to, since they are or soon bloody well will be, incorporated into NATIONAL Parks and thus are protected and sacrosanct from any private ownership claims - says again - ANY private ownership claims.

No way in the world should massive areas of Australia be fenced off and turned into private hunting preserves for a small group of lairds .... even if those 'lairds' are Aboriginal....

Time to close down closures!!

This is a movie filled with allegories for  modern times -  'originals' opposing anyone coming in or through ... originals taking control over law and law officers to impose their way.... tourists just wanting to wander through, take in a bit and move on and being attacked and told to stay out....

Forget skin colour and such - just put them into their respective positions in relation to closures and think it through.... those days are gone when you can just lay claim to the best and cut everyone else out... you no longer live by the spear and by invasion and empire/colonialisation, Jackie-Jackie... and I would not recommend that you try....

Your day is gone....

https://123movie.org.mx/movie/open-range-2003/
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2024 at 1:28pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Mar 21st, 2024 at 5:33pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 7:02am:
Bias_2012 wrote on Nov 25th, 2022 at 2:26pm:
It's legal to own land if you buy it, or it's given to you, and you pay Council rates

Is Mt Warning still Crown land? - Who owns it?

If the 'letter of the law' was followed, the answer to that question would be the Bundjalung people.

Bearing in mind the property never exchanged hands through any sales contract, nor was it 'won' through any acts of war.

Consider the ownership of Uluru, as an example

Quote:
Who owns Uluru and Kata Tjuta?

Anangu own Uluru and Kata Tjuta and lease the land to the Australian Government.

Parks Australia and Anangu work together as partners, jointly managing the national park using a mix of modern science and traditional knowledge.

https://parksaustralia.gov.au/uluru/about/joint-management/

If we looked at the situation in reverse - hypothetically, for a moment - we would be calling the European descendens squatters, if they claimed ownership.

It's a National Park ... outside Aboriginals no one is or has claimed ownership thereof.

As crown land it belongs to all Australians.

The perpetuation of identity politics & division.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Mar 21st, 2024 at 5:38pm

goosecat wrote on Mar 20th, 2024 at 11:26am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 12th, 2024 at 10:16am:

Sounds similar to what the Americans did with their natives. Give em some land, let em do as they please regarding the old ways ( minus serious crime )etc and see how they go. Turns out a little "Western" gambling money helps with that equation. Not arguing for or against the idea,just noting there is a fairly similar case study to use for reference. Is that sort of outcome the best society example? Maybe,I don't actually know. So many different approaches, vast sums of money and ideas have been thrown at this. I have family that worked in Indigenous communities for years in education with all sorts of positive energy and aspirations. It slowly became a disappointing reality.

If what's happened around Uluru/Ayres Rock hasn't convinced you that it doesn't work here ... because they won't work.

The same has happened with many ventures within Arnhem Land .... whitey works the show ... they just want the cheques for piss money.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Mar 24th, 2024 at 11:39am

Gnads wrote on Mar 21st, 2024 at 5:38pm:

Ayers Rock - the fancy dancing guv'mint up there and in Cambra closed it down and handed the keys to the resorts to the
Cheeses, giving them 'jobs' and making them 'self-sufficient for the foreseeable future' at the cost of - what was it - $150m of taxpayer money?... and now they find that their ideas of running the show their way, and even with the inclusion of masses of Whitey's money and fancy stuff to make aerial displays etc has FAILED dismally ... they now want to 'sell' 'their' ownership in the failed resorts for $150m and let someone else cover their failures while they have one big party, and it's all gone, and the hands are out for more.

Meanwhile Ayers Rock remains closed.... nobody visits any more... even a casino won't help - the only thing that can save it is...........

Re-Opening Ayers Rock And All Other National Parks and Icons!!

― John Adams

IP Logged

goosecat

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Mar 26th, 2024 at 1:53pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 24th, 2024 at 11:39am:
Gnads wrote on Mar 21st, 2024 at 5:38pm:

Ayers Rock - the fancy dancing guv'mint up there and in Cambra closed it down and handed the keys to the resorts to the
Cheeses, giving them 'jobs' and making them 'self-sufficient for the foreseeable future' at the cost of - what was it - $150m of taxpayer money?... and now they find that their ideas of running the show their way, and even with the inclusion of masses of Whitey's money and fancy stuff to make aerial displays etc has FAILED dismally ... they now want to 'sell' 'their' ownership in the failed resorts for $150m and let someone else cover their failures while they have one big party, and it's all gone, and the hands are out for more.

Meanwhile Ayers Rock remains closed.... nobody visits any more... even a casino won't help - the only thing that can save it is...........

Re-Opening Ayers Rock And All Other National Parks and Icons!!

Not sure, but I think gambling possibly works better on a psychological level that sees people showing up with money regardless of anything else (Big Rock or not). There's been plenty of attempts in the USA to generate income based on the Indigenous running their own "tourism" that have also eventually failed. You can debate the reasons for so much Indigenous tourism failure but in reality if we want them to have some sort of income (assuming society has decided it has to be), then gambling is closest to "free" money with little to no work required, that isn't a government handout.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2024 at 2:04pm by goosecat »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print