Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: Pauline Hanson
Reply #105 - Oct 3rd, 2022 at 10:04am

AusGeoff wrote on Oct 2nd, 2022 at 8:57pm:
Silly me...

I'd assumed this thread was debating Pauline Hanson, and not
Tucker Carlson.      Must be old age creeping up?

Discussion can evolve.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #106 - Oct 3rd, 2022 at 10:30am

Dnarever wrote on Oct 3rd, 2022 at 10:04am:
Silly me...

Discussion can evolve.

Not at all.

They are hate figures for the mindless progs who throw the same tantrum about Hanson, Carlson, using the same tired slogans. 

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - Oct 3rd, 2022 at 10:53am

Frank wrote on Oct 3rd, 2022 at 9:42am:
mothra wrote on Oct 3rd, 2022 at 8:58am:
You've studies psychoanalysis, yes?

What precisely do you think is wrong with you? Or have you lost all points of reference at this stage?

I mean, you're response to being humiliated is to humiliate yourself further. What do you think that says?

Grin Grin silly bint.

To be woke is a blessing. We are the first human beings who have ever existed who are right about absolutely everything. It’s such a relief to know that our views will never be criticised or ridiculed by future generations.  In fact, there are all sorts of benefits to being on the right side of history. For one thing, we can encourage big tech censorship without any fear that it might one day be used against us.

But it’s so exhausting having to constantly re-educate the masses. So far this week I’ve got a woman fired for claiming that sex is binary, shouted abuse at an old man collecting money for that imperialist “charity” the Royal British Legion and burned some books by Enid Blyton due to their outdated stereotypes. Important work never ends.

As a baby, my first words were: “Seize the means of production”

People often say to me: “Mothra, how do you have the stamina to be constantly standing up for justice in the face of incredible odds?” I honestly don’t know the answer. I was fortunate enough to be born with innate talents and I suppose my most endearing features are my compassion, my eloquence, my formidable intelligence and, above all, my humility.

I have always been socially and politically aware. As a baby, my first words were: “Seize the means of production.” Minority groups adore me, because I am brave enough to stand up for their rights, even when they don’t know what’s best for themselves.

I have accepted my calling to re-orientate the world according to the values of progressivism and social justice. For we shall only achieve true diversity when everyone thinks the same way as me.
Mothra Theresa

He's got you there, Mother. Look, the old boy's just defending Tucker's right to have a different opinion, no? Is that so bad, really?

As Tucker has shown, it's legal to lie on TV if you phrase it in such a way as being an opinion.

You know, "we've all seen the evidence that Hugo Chavez started Dominion to rig the American voting system, or we all know that Hunter Biden is a drug-addicted, sex addict money-launderer who gives his father a cut: these are the facts.

Tucker's lilting expository is actually carefully contrived framing so he can cast lies as opinion and not get sued. It's his modus operandi: carefully written lies prefixed with cunning little legal waivers.

When Tucker is finally forced to admit this in court, he goes and does a puff piece with a friendly podcaster. "Do I lie? Oh, I try not to. But don't we all tell the odd white lie? I mean, who among us can cast the first stone?"

Not Tucker, oh no.

Can you see the old boy's point? Tucker is perfectly entitled to have a nightly TV show comprised almost solely of lies. They're just alternative opinions, and do you know?

The leftards don't like that, oh no. They're now picking on the old boy. Such bullies, so unfair.

I dont know about you, Mother, I may not agree with the old boy's lies, but I'll fight to the death for his right to tell them, no?

The invasion of Iraq, the benefits of CO2, Brexit, Putin, Trump  - it's good to have different views. That's the sign of a healthy democracy.

If things get tough, you can always just say you were just expressing an opinion. Who among us has not told the odd white lie?

Superior culture, innit.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2022 at 11:02am by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - Oct 3rd, 2022 at 11:42am

Frank wrote on Oct 3rd, 2022 at 10:30am:
Silly me...

Discussion can evolve.

Not at all.

They are hate figures for the mindless progs who throw the same tantrum about Hanson, Carlson, using the same tired slogans. 

The old boy has a point. Yes, Pauline and Tucker are indeed part of the same school of frothing vitriol masquerading as political opinion.

It's why Pauline has nothing constructive to add to parliament, just white-fisted hissy fits and temper tants.

The difference between them is that Pauline is dumb enough to believe it. Tucker's in it for the fun. Tucker's in the business of monetising political rhetoric.

Tucker knows he's lying. When he comes on TV and says someone in the mail room tampered with his Hunter Biden flash drive, he's stalling, playing for time to let the lawyers sign off. When he spends weeks explaining how Dominion pulled the switch on the 2020 election, then comes out to say sorry, he made the whole thing up, he's not really. He plans to keep on going and do it all again. He has to, that's his schtick.

Tucker's entire program is about stacking up and getting out of lies. Tucker's in the business of creating lies. Pauline's in the business of repeating them, having them exposed and looking like a silly old gusher.

Sound like anyone we know?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #109 - Oct 3rd, 2022 at 12:13pm

Frank wrote on Oct 3rd, 2022 at 10:30am:
Silly me...

Discussion can evolve.

Not at all.

So now you argue that it isn't off topic because you are able to show the connection they have within the topic right ?

It's just a logical expansion of the topic.

I doubt that you really meant to say that.

I understand your situation given that the right have not evolved anything in many decades.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #110 - Oct 3rd, 2022 at 12:18pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 3rd, 2022 at 10:53am:
Frank wrote on Oct 3rd, 2022 at 9:42am:

What precisely do you think is wrong with you? Or have you lost all points of reference at this stage?

I mean, you're response to being humiliated is to humiliate yourself further. What do you think that says?

Grin Grin silly bint.

To be woke is a blessing. We are the first human beings who have ever existed who are right about absolutely everything. It’s such a relief to know that our views will never be criticised or ridiculed by future generations.  In fact, there are all sorts of benefits to being on the right side of history. For one thing, we can encourage big tech censorship without any fear that it might one day be used against us.

But it’s so exhausting having to constantly re-educate the masses. So far this week I’ve got a woman fired for claiming that sex is binary, shouted abuse at an old man collecting money for that imperialist “charity” the Royal British Legion and burned some books by Enid Blyton due to their outdated stereotypes. Important work never ends.

As a baby, my first words were: “Seize the means of production”

People often say to me: “Mothra, how do you have the stamina to be constantly standing up for justice in the face of incredible odds?” I honestly don’t know the answer. I was fortunate enough to be born with innate talents and I suppose my most endearing features are my compassion, my eloquence, my formidable intelligence and, above all, my humility.

I have always been socially and politically aware. As a baby, my first words were: “Seize the means of production.” Minority groups adore me, because I am brave enough to stand up for their rights, even when they don’t know what’s best for themselves.

I have accepted my calling to re-orientate the world according to the values of progressivism and social justice. For we shall only achieve true diversity when everyone thinks the same way as me.
Mothra Theresa

He's got you there, Mother. Look, the old boy's just defending Tucker's right to have a different opinion, no? Is that so bad, really?

As Tucker has shown, it's legal to lie on TV if you phrase it in such a way as being an opinion.

You know, "we've all seen the evidence that Hugo Chavez started Dominion to rig the American voting system, or we all know that Hunter Biden is a drug-addicted, sex addict money-launderer who gives his father a cut: these are the facts.

Tucker's lilting expository is actually carefully contrived framing so he can cast lies as opinion and not get sued. It's his modus operandi: carefully written lies prefixed with cunning little legal waivers.

When Tucker is finally forced to admit this in court, he goes and does a puff piece with a friendly podcaster. "Do I lie? Oh, I try not to. But don't we all tell the odd white lie? I mean, who among us can cast the first stone?"

Not Tucker, oh no.

Can you see the old boy's point? Tucker is perfectly entitled to have a nightly TV show comprised almost solely of lies. They're just alternative opinions, and do you know?

The leftards don't like that, oh no. They're now picking on the old boy. Such bullies, so unfair.

I dont know about you, Mother, I may not agree with the old boy's lies, but I'll fight to the death for his right to tell them, no?

The invasion of Iraq, the benefits of CO2, Brexit, Putin, Trump  - it's good to have different views. That's the sign of a healthy democracy.

If things get tough, you can always just say you were just expressing an opinion. Who among us has not told the odd white lie?

Superior culture, innit.

Quote:
ucker's right to have a different opinion, no?

Yes Ucker (-T) is entitled to any and all of his alternate truths.

The first "ucker" was accidental but I liked it enough for the second.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Oct 3rd, 2022 at 12:37pm

Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

"Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #112 - Oct 3rd, 2022 at 1:33pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 3rd, 2022 at 12:37pm:
Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

"Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

I doubt that the judge ever came to terms about just how stupid the Tucker audience are. They seem to all 100% believe everything he has to say. They don't even mind that a lot of his statements contradict other things he has said.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Oct 3rd, 2022 at 9:36pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 3rd, 2022 at 12:37pm:

Except the old boy. He believes. Alternative values, you see.

Intelligence and integrity, innit.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #114 - Dec 22nd, 2022 at 5:54pm

AusGeoff wrote on Sep 28th, 2022 at 1:16pm:
Ron wrote on Sep 28th, 2022 at 11:06am:
Good on Pauline for telling Senator Mehreen Faruqi to "piss off back to Pakistan". We need more politicians with the guts to take these ungrateful immigrants to task. Another leftie that doesn't understand the meaning of the word" racism".
If she wants to go on about human rights and racism she only has to look at her place of birth and the persecution of Christians by the Mussies.

Thank you for this well considered, thoughtful comment Ron, in
support of the execrable Pauline Hanson whom you seem to see
as a vision of reason and rationale.

The twice divorced Hanson was a high school dropout, after getting
pregnant at age 15—which marked the end of any further education.
As a result, she has a very limited intellectual mindset, and a poor
grasp of politics, race relations, civil law, sexual and gender issues etc.

Recall, her main claim to fame(?) was running a fish and chip shop,
after working as a clerical assistant and barmaid.  Obviously then
she's not the sharpest tool in the toolbox LOL.

On the other hand we have Mehreen Faruqi... who holds a Bachelor
of Engineering, a Master of Engineering Science, and a Doctorate in
Environmental Engineering.

So I think we can see who's better educated and therefore far better
qualified in order to work in parliament.

https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-my-view-on-issues-is-based-on-comm...

Hanson's crude, racist insults directed at Faruqi further demonstrated
her lack of formal education and her inability to move on from the 1950s
days of black and white TV, 'reds under the beds' and 'the yellow peril'.

She is not credentialled to your high and exacting standards, Sage of Gippsland?  Your reflex fetish for credentialism reminds me of the illiterate's reverence for books he cannot read.

I think it's bloody marvellous that someone like Hanson can be elected and then re-elected and re-elected, even after being convicted, jailed and exonerated.

That some credential-fetishist hick from the Boondocks, buried in online newspaper-thought, tut-tuts disapprovingly is the cherry on top.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - Dec 22nd, 2022 at 7:07pm

Pauline V the liblabgreen party and the media, one voice speaking for many.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #116 - Dec 22nd, 2022 at 10:03pm

Pauline Hanson?  WOFTAM.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #117 - Dec 22nd, 2022 at 10:09pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 22nd, 2022 at 10:03pm:
Pauline Hanson?  WOFTAM.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Pauline was elected by the people of Australia in numerous elections. If you don't like it bad luck the people have spoken tsk tsk tsk.  Roll Eyes

Former labor leader Mark Latham was also elected by the people of NSW for One Nation.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #118 - Dec 23rd, 2022 at 8:46am

Frank wrote on Oct 2nd, 2022 at 10:49pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 2nd, 2022 at 8:47pm:
Quote:
Unsurprisingly, paki, you assert but not evidence.

You are very upset, emotional and fraught, I see that

The evidence is here for all to see. All three pages worth, link after link after link. Who's a silly old blind bint then?

At least Tucker fussed up. You'd like no play no-speaka, eh?

Alas, there are none so blind as the NESBers.

You.

Link after link to dishonest gweggy paki hatchet jobs and silly ducky quacking.
A danger. A man telling the world that the paki turdy duckies are full of paki ducky turd - danger!!

You loons should hear yourselves! Someone utters 'Wrong thought' - and you shoil yourselves!!! You are besides yourselves the moment anyone thinks ever so slightly differently.

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  That's like a politician studying ethics.... or some backwoods 'magistrate' actually studying the rules of jurisprudence...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #119 - Dec 23rd, 2022 at 9:06am

Ron wrote on Sep 28th, 2022 at 11:06am:
Good on Pauline for telling Senator Mehreen Faruqi to "piss off back to Pakistan". We need more politicians with the guts to take these ungrateful immigrants to task. Another leftie that doesn't understand the meaning of the word" racism".
If she wants to go on about human rights and racism she only has to look at her place of birth and the persecution of Christians by the Mussies.

Senator Mehreen Faruqi was elected by the Australian people into the Australian senate just like Senator Hanson....Senator Hanson's personal attack on another Senator and all migrants was an insult to our democracy!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print