Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print
Despot Dan will win in November (Read 6485 times)
Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Despot Dan will win in November
Reply #255 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 8:33am

Bobby. wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 9:21pm:
AusGeoff wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 9:14pm:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 8:54pm:
Thanks for your support -
there have been too many cultural Marxists attacking me on this thread.
They support anything that the party does.

Nope.  We're not "cultural Marxists"... whatever that pejorative term means?
It's nothing more than a far right-wing conspiracy theory that was cultivated
in the US, but has zero relevance in Australia.

People who've allegedly "attacked" you here are simply pointing out the
absurdities and misinformation you repeatedly post on this forum.  On the
other hand, your attacks on Daniel Andrews are simply fuelled by your own
political biasses—which are obviously overcoming any sense of considered
opinion you may have.

Every politician has his/her good and bad points; it's a matter of considering
both in their makeup.  And yes, I know, sometimes it's a matter of choosing
the least worst of a bad bunch, but I think the electorate has made the right
decision with Andrews.

And don't forget Mathew Guy—as planning minister—trying to pull off the
fraudulent planning permit for the atrocious multi-story development on
Philip Island, or his plan to increase height limits for skyscrapers in Melbourne's
CBD.      Or his infamous dinner with his mafia mates at the Lobster Cave.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.
Matthew Guy ran a hopeless campaign -
he only needed to show the violent abuse of citizens on TV every night
and he would have romped home.

Matthew Guy wasn't the right candidate for the job Bobby.

The job of sorting out Dhead Dan was too hard for any GUY! A WOMAN was required this time....one with an acid tongue and steel metal for guts.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #256 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 8:47am

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 30th, 2022 at 8:33am:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 9:21pm:
AusGeoff wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 9:14pm:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 8:54pm:
Thanks for your support -
there have been too many cultural Marxists attacking me on this thread.
They support anything that the party does.

Nope.  We're not "cultural Marxists"... whatever that pejorative term means?
It's nothing more than a far right-wing conspiracy theory that was cultivated
in the US, but has zero relevance in Australia.

People who've allegedly "attacked" you here are simply pointing out the
absurdities and misinformation you repeatedly post on this forum.  On the
other hand, your attacks on Daniel Andrews are simply fuelled by your own
political biasses—which are obviously overcoming any sense of considered
opinion you may have.

Every politician has his/her good and bad points; it's a matter of considering
both in their makeup.  And yes, I know, sometimes it's a matter of choosing
the least worst of a bad bunch, but I think the electorate has made the right
decision with Andrews.

And don't forget Mathew Guy—as planning minister—trying to pull off the
fraudulent planning permit for the atrocious multi-story development on
Philip Island, or his plan to increase height limits for skyscrapers in Melbourne's
CBD.      Or his infamous dinner with his mafia mates at the Lobster Cave.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.
Matthew Guy ran a hopeless campaign -
he only needed to show the violent abuse of citizens on TV every night
and he would have romped home.

The job of sorting out Dhead Dan was too hard for any GUY! A WOMAN was required this time....one with an acid tongue and steel metal for guts.

Yawn!!!

What a lot of nonsense!

Stick to growing chokos or doing tricks with your Johns.

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #257 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 10:11am

Quote:
Stick to growing chokos or doing tricks with your Johns.

👆 Just more of the typical usual off topic uncalled for peppered with sexualised filth rubbish produced Ms Redback's troll barge arse.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #258 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 2:39pm

https://caldronpool.com/freedom-is-being-thrown-away-in-the-west-while-being-fou...

Freedom Is Being Thrown Away in the West
While Being Fought for in Communist China

"Victorians with a clear case of Stockholm Syndrome and Battered Woman Syndrome are pleased as punch to vote back in their thuggish leader, while liberty-loving Chinese protesters are facing certain arrest, imprisonment, torture and death to get rid of theirs as they stand up for freedom."

While Victorian Premier Dan Andrews is not yet fully on par with Chinese dictator Xi Jinping, the similarities are too obvious to ignore. Both have been utterly callous and dismissive of basic goods like freedom and human rights. Both have ruled over the harshest and longest lockdowns in the world. Both have a deep contempt for religion, especially Christianity. Both are power-hungry thugs who want to be dictators for life.

During the same weekend when Victorians decided they prefer tyranny over liberty, corruption over integrity and dystopian nightmares over an efficient and productive society, large crowds in China were moving in the exact opposite direction.

While things may not be that bad in Victoria – yet – they could easily head that way. Dan’s war on Christianity knows no limits, and one simply has to ask about his 580 million dollar quarantine facility which he recently had built, but was closed eight months after it opened. This will likely come in real handy if any uppity, freedom-loving Victorians continue to resist his reign of terror. Just sayin’.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #259 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 4:44pm

Yeah, Guy clearly not corrupt. Corrupt people eat with gangsters.

Did Guy have a meal or meals with mafia figures Y/N?

Did Andrews have a meal or meals with mafia figures Y/N?

Which one did you say was corrupt, Booby?
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2022 at 4:49pm by Jovial Monk »  

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #260 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 7:49pm

The optics are bad -
Just look at what Dan did:

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #261 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 8:14pm

Matthew Guy wasn't the right candidate for the job ...

He wasn't the right candidate for the job in 2018, either
Nor was the bloke (whose name no one can remember) who replaced him after THAT election loss, with even WORSE polling

So what do the Liberal Party of Victoria do now ?
Let's give the clown who lost in 2018 another try in 2022 !

The truth is the party are riding out a 'low' at the moment, both states wise and federally - with no leadership talent, whatsoever.

I MEAN, federally, the bloke is in the role - because no one else wanted it.

Labor have been through this sort of desert - over the Abbott, Turnbull and early Morrison years

Labor have bounced back - as the Liberals will do, over a few election cycles

« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2022 at 7:25am by buzzanddidj »  

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #262 - Dec 1st, 2022 at 11:13pm

https://realnewsaustralia.com/2022/11/30/was-daniel-andrews-re-election-as-premi...

Or is the Victorian population at large suffering from a type of Stockholm Syndrome?

By General Maddox.

It’s no secret that the Andrews’ government handling of the so-called pandemic was atrocious.

Victoria saw the harshest and longest lockdowns in the country and in some cases the world.

The brutal treatment of Covid lockdown protesters by Victorian police was condoned by the premier along with the heavy handed tactics by multiple government departments who enforced ridiculous measures to “stop the spread” under the guise of public health.

The people of Victoria and in particular it’s capital, Melbourne, were going bankrupt and closing their businesses. Depression and suicide were at an all time high and all the while Daniel Andrews promised in daily news broadcasts that he was keeping them safe.

Victoria was the only state in Australia that saw negative population growth figures in the last 2 years. More than 100,000 people fled the state to find refuge in other Australian states. Where the lockdowns were ended. Where they could leave their homes without fear of being fined or arrested by police. Where masks didn’t have to be worn in public. Where their human rights were still largely intact.

One wonders why on Earth the man labeled “Dictator Dan” would ever be voted for again after what he and his government had done to the people they governed.

Yet here we are. The Labor Party won the recent Victoria State election and Daniel Andrews retains his position as the Premier of Victoria.

Was this election legitimate? Or was this a type of Stockholm Syndrome on a grand scale? A “Victorian Syndrome” if you will.

Stockholm Syndrome has been described as a psychological response by hostages or those in abusive relationships where the abused bond with their abusers or captors. This is done as a survival mechanism but may ultimately result in the demise of the abused or captured individual.

Perhaps the majority of the public was suffering from this syndrome. Perhaps Victorians began to bond with their oppressor, their captor as a response to the abuse dishes out by the Victorian government. Maybe they actually began to see Daniel Andrews as Big Brother. The one who is keeping them safe. It’s definitely a possibility and very likely.

The constant propaganda was and still is extremely manipulative. It’s quite understandable that the public would vote their oppressor back in.

But would that be enough to secure a win for the Labor Party and the Andrews government?

Every election sees shenanigans being played out no matter where they’re held. The recent Victorian State election was no different.

According to reports by voters several voting stations across the state had run out of ballot papers and people were unable to cast their vote. Catani, Bayles, Koo Wee Rup, Grantville along with Bass were among them.

Thousands of people were turned away from voting stations in various electorates and due to there being no ballot papers. Voters were told to go to other electorates nearby to cast their vote. Most then had the same result. No ballot papers.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #263 - Dec 27th, 2022 at 10:22am

Like him, or loath him, this is why Dan Andrews keeps getting up.  The quality of the non Labor MPs and MLAs down here is appalling.

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #264 - Dec 27th, 2022 at 10:26am

lol... I didn't know who Bernie Finn was until I looked him up.

Hilarious.  Grin

Besides, doesn't he know that wholegrain bread is better (healthier) for you than white?
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2022 at 10:31am by Carl D »  

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #265 - Dec 27th, 2022 at 3:41pm

Bernie is detached from reality.  But, you must admit, the parliament is boring without him.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #266 - Dec 27th, 2022 at 4:56pm

Carl D wrote on Dec 27th, 2022 at 10:26am:
lol... I didn't know who Bernie Finn was until I looked him up.

Hilarious.  Grin

Besides, doesn't he know that wholegrain bread is better (healthier) for you than white?

Weakened by Bernie, party’s Finn-ished for controversial Liberal MP

Rachel Eddie
By Rachel Eddie
Updated May 24, 2022 — 9.26amfirst published at 8.50am

Bernie Finn has been expelled from the Liberal Party for disobedience after the right-wing Victorian MP said abortion should be banned in the state, even for rape survivors.

His Liberal colleagues voted to expel him in a party room meeting on Tuesday morning, forcing him onto the crossbench in the upper house of the Victorian parliament.
Victorian Opposition Leader Matthew Guy said he expected members of the Liberal Party to “uphold a respectful discourse” on all issues.

Victorian Opposition Leader Matthew Guy said he expected members of the Liberal Party to “uphold a respectful discourse” on all issues.Credit:Joe Armao

Opposition Leader Matthew Guy said it was a disappointing outcome but that he expected discipline from members of his party.

“I want to make it clear that this motion is about respectful discourse. It is now about the Liberal Party – not navel-gazing from the federal election or other issues – it is about moving on and being a sensible alternative government,” he said. “A respectful, sensible, alternative government.

“I expect people to uphold respectful discourse whatever their issues may be.”

Guy acknowledged Finn’s service to the Liberal Party, which he said “welcomes a wide and diverse range of views” and did not take Tuesday’s vote lightly.
Bernie Finn on the steps of the Victorian parliament with a group of supporters on Tuesday.

Bernie Finn on the steps of the Victorian parliament with a group of supporters on Tuesday.Credit:Joe Armao

Finn was not present for the meeting, claiming it would have legitimatised the move against him. He arrived at the steps of Parliament House about 10am to applause and chants of “hero” and “Bernie” from about 50 supporters.

“I joined the Liberal Party because it was the party of freedom … the party that stood up for those who couldn’t defend for themselves,” Finn said. “The party I joined 41 years ago is dead ... I have done nothing wrong.”

He said he would continue to sit in the upper house, but would need to think about whether he would join another party.

“I’m not going anywhere,” Finn said.
“Just as I will not be bullied by Daniel Andrews,
I will not be bullied by Matthew Guy either.
Liberal MP Bernie Finn speaks out ahead of vote to expel him from the Liberal party

Liberal MP Bernie Finn speaks out ahead of vote to expel him from the Liberal party

2:06
'It makes me very happy': Christmas lights are path to joy for Eleni

MP Bernie Finn has taken shots at colleagues on the eve of a vote to expel him from Victoria's Liberal party.

“My love of the cause has probably been deepened … I was seriously thinking about retiring at this election.”

Finn, a Christian conservative, had been warned on several occasions about the content of his social media posts.

He compared Premier Daniel Andrews with Hitler, described a former female staffer as a rat, shared several pro-Trump posts during and after the Capitol Hill riots in 2021 and made inflammatory comments about Andrews and a goat in a public toilet.

In October last year, after Finn likened Victoria Police to the “modern incarnation of the Despot’s militia”, Guy warned all Liberal MPs they risked expulsion if they displayed “bad behaviour” online.
Bernie Finn was at state parliament with his supporters on Tuesday, but did not attend the Liberal party room meeting.

Bernie Finn was at state parliament with his supporters on Tuesday, but did not attend the Liberal party room meeting.Credit:Joe Armao

Finn resigned as opposition whip earlier this month after Guy demanded he play by the team rules or quit.

The ultimatum came after Finn posted on social media he was “praying” for abortion to be banned in Victoria – including in the case of sexual assault – following a leaked draft opinion from the US Supreme Court indicating that the Roe v Wade decision, which legalised abortion in the US in 1973, could be overturned.

On Monday, he told radio station 3AW he had been approached to join other parties and would consider those options.
Related Article
Finn has denied his views on abortion could affect the Liberal Party at November’s state election.
Liberal Party
Liberal MP doubles down on comments that raped women should be denied abortions

Finn has been a member of the Legislative Council since 2006. Before that, he was the member for the now-abolished lower house seat of Tullamarine between 1992 and 1999.

Asked about the matter on Tuesday, Andrews said he was more focused on community issues and Finn’s expulsion was a matter for the Liberal Party.

“I’ll leave them to be bitterly divided while we get on as a government and deliver for the people of our great state. Our priorities are very clear,” the premier said.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/liberal-party-room-to-decide-fate-of...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print