Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Hijab, a symbol of oppression. (Read 9542 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Hijab, a symbol of oppression.
Reply #45 - Sep 25th, 2022 at 10:06am

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 25th, 2022 at 10:03am:
issuevoter wrote on Sep 25th, 2022 at 8:44am:
AusGeoff wrote on Sep 25th, 2022 at 8:18am:
Australia needs to be wary of the insidious infiltration of practicing
Muslim migrants entering the country.    At 28 June this year, there
were 813,392 Muslims living here, or 3.2% of the population.  This
compares with 91,023 Jews, and 243,700 Hindus (the fastest growing
religion in Australia).

As Roman Catholicism and Anglicanism both suffer a major loss of
adherents, we need to ensure—immediately—that Islam doesn't become
any sort of de facto political force.  Which is why I'm pleased to see
the increase in atheism numbers in Australia, outstripping both the
Catholics and the Protestants for the first time in the last 2021 census.

Islam is a religion of subjugation of women's rights, cultural oppression,
suppression of any opposition—usually with violence, social prejudices,
religious discrimination, and overbearing, unequivocal adherence to
Qur'anic dogma.  And it's now acceptable in Australian courts and in our
parliaments to swear or take the oath on the Qur'an.   Seriously?

In a 2011 study by Pew Research Center, of Muslim Americans, only 56%
reported that Muslims who migrated to the US
wanted to adopt American
customs and ways of life.

—We don't want to see the same scenario here.    Angry

Correct. However, as we know, Western society has a large percentage of people who have half-baked sentiments based an altruism and tolerance. Their error is in the assumption of cultural equivalence, never acknowledging that multicultural societies exist under the umbrella of the one that is superior at tolerance.

Islam will never become tolerant of other cultures and religions while its followers do nothing to stop the atrocities. They don't even condemn the bloodshed vocally, and why should they while people say “Only the actual murderers are guilty, the others have right to believe in anything they want to believe.” Well, no they don't have that right. They have an obligation to humanity and civilisation, even if it means rejecting Islam and the crazy notion that the Koran is the word of God. No one has the right to turn a blind eye to evil which is what many Muzlums do.

Wow!   Shocked

So much irony.

Do you tolerate everything, Bbwianesque turd?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Sep 25th, 2022 at 11:00am

issuevoter wrote on Sep 25th, 2022 at 8:44am:
AusGeoff wrote on Sep 25th, 2022 at 8:18am:
Australia needs to be wary of the insidious infiltration of practicing
Muslim migrants entering the country.    At 28 June this year, there
were 813,392 Muslims living here, or 3.2% of the population.  This
compares with 91,023 Jews, and 243,700 Hindus (the fastest growing
religion in Australia).

As Roman Catholicism and Anglicanism both suffer a major loss of
adherents, we need to ensure—immediately—that Islam doesn't become
any sort of de facto political force.  Which is why I'm pleased to see
the increase in atheism numbers in Australia, outstripping both the
Catholics and the Protestants for the first time in the last 2021 census.

Islam is a religion of subjugation of women's rights, cultural oppression,
suppression of any opposition—usually with violence, social prejudices,
religious discrimination, and overbearing, unequivocal adherence to
Qur'anic dogma.  And it's now acceptable in Australian courts and in our
parliaments to swear or take the oath on the Qur'an.   Seriously?

In a 2011 study by Pew Research Center, of Muslim Americans, only 56%
reported that Muslims who migrated to the US
wanted to adopt American
customs and ways of life.

—We don't want to see the same scenario here.    Angry

Correct. However, as we know, Western society has a large percentage of people who have half-baked sentiments based an altruism and tolerance. Their error is in the assumption of cultural equivalence, never acknowledging that multicultural societies exist under the umbrella of the one that is superior at tolerance.

Islam will never become tolerant of other cultures and religions while its followers do nothing to stop the atrocities. They don't even condemn the bloodshed vocally, and why should they while people say “Only the actual murderers are guilty, the others have right to believe in anything they want to believe.” Well, no they don't have that right. They have an obligation to humanity and civilisation, even if it means rejecting Islam and the crazy notion that the Koran is the word of God. No one has the right to turn a blind eye to evil which is what many Muzlums do.

Never mind the excitable, vibrant sons of Mohammed. It's the bloody Belgians you need to worry about...
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tourist-leads-police-on-bond-style-water-taxi...

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #47 - Sep 25th, 2022 at 1:58pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 25th, 2022 at 7:24am:
Frank wrote on Sep 24th, 2022 at 10:17pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 24th, 2022 at 8:06am:
issuevoter wrote on Sep 23rd, 2022 at 9:41pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 23rd, 2022 at 9:38pm:
Why do the right-wingers on here continue to make excuses for these evil people?

Why must they always be apologists for these pricks by passing the buck?

I'm curious.  Seriously.

I don't know, ...

Do you think it might be because they're evil people themselves?

Why do the right-wingers on here continue to make excuses for  evil people?

Why must they always be apologists for evildoers?

Who are the evildoers? 

The individuals you make excuses for day after day.

Not even Greg knows who he is whining about.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Sep 28th, 2022 at 3:15am

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #49 - Sep 29th, 2022 at 3:18pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 23rd, 2022 at 7:02pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 22nd, 2022 at 11:15pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 22nd, 2022 at 5:46pm:
I see Brian and all the other Islamic apologists have nothing to say about the only religion they defend.

Do they support the Iranian women who burn their hijabs or the Mullahs who make them wear it?

Exactly!

The morally bankrupt left will choose to defend Islam over womens rights.

They would never let any other religion get away with this type of behaviour

Just be honest Baron and admit you would never dare criticise France and other countries from banning the burqa and (where bans occur), the hijab. So we know what sort of moral high ground you stand on.

The hijab has always been such a terrible weapon used against women - by *BOTH* sides: by the mullahs to keep women hidden from society, while you and Frank use it to humiliate and degrade them.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Sep 29th, 2022 at 3:48pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 29th, 2022 at 3:18pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 23rd, 2022 at 7:02pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 22nd, 2022 at 11:15pm:
I see Brian and all the other Islamic apologists have nothing to say about the only religion they defend.

Do they support the Iranian women who burn their hijabs or the Mullahs who make them wear it?

Exactly!

The morally bankrupt left will choose to defend Islam over womens rights.

They would never let any other religion get away with this type of behaviour

Just be honest Baron and admit you would never dare criticise France and other countries from banning the burqa and (where bans occur), the hijab. So we know what sort of moral high ground you stand on.

The hijab has always been such a terrible weapon used against women - by *BOTH* sides: by the mullahs to keep women hidden from society, while you and Frank use it to humiliate and degrade them.

There is no reason for a Muslima to wear the hijab or the burqa in a Western country. Or for her men to expect or force her to.  And I am not "using' the hijab to humiliate  or degrade anyone - THEY are using it.  It is as anachronistic on the streets of Western cities as wearing a koteka would be. But because Muslims flew airplanes into the WTC towers, not PNG Highlanders, the hijab is accommodated but the koteka isn't.  But the streets of the West are not the place for either, just as, say,  Mecca's main square is not the place for wet t-shirt competitions.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #51 - Sep 29th, 2022 at 4:09pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 29th, 2022 at 3:18pm:

gandalf,

Why should 1st world nations [like France], who host a sizable ISLAMIC community,
tolerate moslem women     publicly advertising the fact     that they belong to, and support a religious philosophy, ISLAM,
whose primary religious precept [SEE BELOW ***], demands that moslems must hate and fight and kill disbelievers,
if they want to be regarded [within their own community] as bona-fide moslems.

Yadda wrote on Nov 16th, 2020 at 9:56pm:

Every moslem supports his [own] ISLAMIC human right to practice his religious right, to kill those persons who offend the religion of the moslems.

......as per the PRIMARY ISLAMIC precepts, which are set out in ISLAMIC law, and in the holy and inerrant Koran.

Whenever the moslem kills an infidel, the moslem is exercising his human right,
to practice his religious right to kill the enemy of Allah.

Its called FREEDOM OF RELIGION.

THAT, is the religious right, which the moslem insists, that no one can deprive him of.

AN EXAMPLE   ....in Australia.

----- >    These are Australian moslem children who were    OPENLY VERBALIZING    what they have been taught about their religion, within their own homes - in Australia.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1504079978/14#14
Quote:

'Teacher quits after     primary school     students threaten to behead her'

QUESTION;
Where do moslem children living in Australia get these ideas from ?

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1431117115/1#1
Quote:

"every moslem in Australia is a latent, wanna-be homicidal maniac"

- Yadda

QUESTION;
What about the innocent moslems ?

IMO, [logically] there are no innocent moslems [among persons who have come to the age of consent], and yet still declare themselves to be moslems.

How so [logically] ?

QUESTION;
How credible is it that a person who is devout enough to insist that he is a moslem, is unaware of what ISLAM promotes, and is unaware of what the principle tenets of ISLAM are ?

QUESTION;
How 'innocent' is a person who agrees to give aid and comfort [and to give their own 'power'],      ...to a philosophy which transforms human beings, into homicidal maniacs ?

QUESTION;
How 'innocent' is a person who agrees to give aid and comfort [and to give their own 'power'],     ...to a philosophy which claims that murdering, in the cause of religious bigotry, is a religious virtue ?

WWW search....
AL WALAA WAL BARAA, "Islamic jurists"

Essentially, it translates as;

".....loving and hating for the sake of Allah."

It means, LOVING your moslem brothers.   .....as per ISLAMIC religious precepts.

It means, HATING the non-moslem.   .....as per ISLAMIC religious precepts.

It means, being a moslem.

It means, OBEYING ISLAMIC LAW !

Pure Al-wala' wa-l-bara' in the Koran....

"Thou wilt not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, loving those who resist Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred...."
Koran 58.22

"O ye who believe! Choose not your fathers nor your brethren for friends if they take pleasure in disbelief rather than faith. Whoso of you taketh them for friends, such are wrong-doers."
Koran 9.23

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Sep 29th, 2022 at 7:14pm

issuevoter wrote on Sep 22nd, 2022 at 11:20pm:
John Smith wrote on Sep 22nd, 2022 at 5:50pm:

you clearly don't understand what you are being told. It's not about supporting the hijab. It's about supporting someones right to wear one if they so wish ya moron.

It's actually a very simple concept but for some reason you Islamaphobes struggle so much with it.

Cut the obfuscation and word games. How can you defend Islam over this. You have no argument other than to accuse people of an irrational fear of the religion. You Leftists just cannot admit you are wrong. Where's your "opium of the masses" now? That was some back peddling on your manifesto.

Cut the stupidity. I have never defended any religion. They're all a pile off sh11t. The only difference is that you think your ss11t smells less than others. Much like when your own farts don't stink to you but to everyone else they're putrid.

You need to listen to what people say instead of making poo up all the time.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Sep 29th, 2022 at 7:15pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 23rd, 2022 at 6:57pm:
John Smith wrote on Sep 22nd, 2022 at 8:14pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 22nd, 2022 at 6:07pm:
You're the one who doesn't understand what you're being told the hijab is mandatory under Islamic law there is no choice

CRAP

The only crap here comes from you.

You're still spewing crap I see

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #54 - Sep 29th, 2022 at 8:47pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 29th, 2022 at 7:14pm:

you clearly don't understand what you are being told. It's not about supporting the hijab. It's about supporting someones right to wear one if they so wish ya moron.

It's actually a very simple concept but for some reason you Islamaphobes struggle so much with it.

Cut the obfuscation and word games. How can you defend Islam over this. You have no argument other than to accuse people of an irrational fear of the religion. You Leftists just cannot admit you are wrong. Where's your "opium of the masses" now? That was some back peddling on your manifesto.

Cut the stupidity. I have never defended any religion. They're all a pile off sh11t. The only difference is that you think your ss11t smells less than others. Much like when your own farts don't stink to you but to everyone else they're putrid.

You defend Islam all the time.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Sep 29th, 2022 at 8:52pm

freediver wrote on Sep 29th, 2022 at 8:47pm:
John Smith wrote on Sep 29th, 2022 at 7:14pm:

You defend Islam all the time.

you'll have no trouble putting up a comment from me defending Islam then ....  Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #56 - Sep 29th, 2022 at 8:55pm

No need. You do it all the time. No-one needs to be convinced.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Sep 30th, 2022 at 9:43am

The fanciful notion that the hijab is a symbol of empowerment or resistance may be able to exist when the struggles of women in the Islamic world are hidden from view. It is easy to write off a handful of dissident Muslim women in the West as being disgruntled or having an axe to grind.

But when protests against the forced hijab spread from Iran to Kurdistan, Syria, Turkey, Cyprus, Greece, Germany, Chile, Britain, the US, Canada and Australia, with thousands of women and men joining the chorus of freedom, such dishonest apologetics will become harder and harder to sustain.

I asked Iranian dissident poet Roya Hakakian what she thought about the protest movement sweeping her home country and she told me: “The success of these women will enable the global community to understand Islamism in a far more nuanced way.”

Sarah Haider, the co-founder of the non-profit organisation, Ex-Muslims of North America, told me: “The struggle is about more than throwing off the hijab, it is about throwing off the rule of a theocracy that lays claim to absolute truth, one that doesn’t hesitate to brutalise those that dare disagree.”

For Western feminists, the forced veiling of women in Islamic theocracies has not been a mobilising issue. More concerned with gender parity on corporate boards, feminists in the West traditionally have shied away from criticising practices in the Islamic world for fear of being labelled Islamophobic or racist. Yet such avoidance has been able to occur only under the cloak of ignorance: if we cannot see women risking their lives to throw off the hijab, then it is much easier for us to believe the hijab is not oppressive. What the past two weeks have done is puncture that ignorance.
Clair Lehmann

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #58 - Sep 30th, 2022 at 9:58am

Frank wrote on Sep 29th, 2022 at 3:48pm:
There is no reason for a Muslima to wear the hijab or the burqa in a Western country.

There is no "reason" for anyone to wear anything - apart from what is necessary to keep us freezing to death or dying of sun stroke. And yet we tend to accept the right of people to be able to wear what they wish without fear of persecution. That tends to happen in a free and open society - which as we all know, you don't support.

Quote:
And I am not "using' the hijab to humiliate  or degrade anyone

You degrade and humiliate any woman who wears the hijab, so yeah, you do.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Sep 30th, 2022 at 10:30am

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 30th, 2022 at 9:58am:
Frank wrote on Sep 29th, 2022 at 3:48pm:
There is no reason for a Muslima to wear the hijab or the burqa in a Western country.

There is no "reason" for anyone to wear anything - apart from what is necessary to keep us freezing to death or dying of sun stroke. And yet we tend to accept the right of people to be able to wear what they wish without fear of persecution. That tends to happen in a free and open society - which as we all know, you don't support.

Quote:
And I am not "using' the hijab to humiliate  or degrade anyone

You degrade and humiliate any woman who wears the hijab, so yeah, you do.

Don't emote, you are not Mothra or Bbwian.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Send Topic Print