Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Hijab, a symbol of oppression. (Read 9539 times)
issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Hijab, a symbol of oppression.
Sep 21st, 2022 at 3:47pm

Don't take my word for it. Women is Iran are beginning to stand up to the Muzzlum religious fanatics who run the country. Considering the treatment their protest will receive, that's brave, a lot bravery than Iranian men who actually benefit from Islam where women are possessions like cattle. And they call it "faith."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-62967381

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Hijab, a symbol of oppression.
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 4:01pm

Brave ladies taking a stand. I can't wait for the usual suspects to criticise this and bleat about 'islamophobia'.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 5:08pm

Traditional 'Arab' attire for women has a very practical purpose.
It keeps the sand from sandstorms out of their vagina's to they don't sand-paper the Arab male's woody down to a toothpick.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 11:03pm

Women in Iran burning their hijabs  Smiley

https://twitter.com/FridaGhitis/status/1572350814882267137

Do the apologists in this forum support these women burning their hijabs or do they support the nutjob Mullahs who made hijabs mandatory?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 11:16pm

issuevoter wrote on Sep 21st, 2022 at 3:47pm:
Don't take my word for it. Women is Iran are beginning to stand up to the Muzzlum religious fanatics who run the country. Considering the treatment their protest will receive, that's brave, a lot bravery than Iranian men who actually benefit from Islam where women are possessions like cattle. And they call it "faith."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-62967381

From your link

Quote:
She was with her brother in Tehran when she was arrested by morality police, who accused her of breaking the law requiring women to cover their hair with a hijab, or headscarf, and their arms and legs with loose clothing. She fell into the coma shortly after collapsing at a detention centre.

There were reports that police beat Ms Amini's head with a baton and banged her head against one of their vehicles, Acting UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Nada al-Nashif said.

the UN had received "numerous, and verified, videos of violent treatment of women" as morality police expanded their street patrols in recent months to crack down on those perceived to be wearing "loose hijab".

What are Iran's hijab laws?
Following the 1979 Islamic Revolution, authorities in Iran imposed a mandatory dress code requiring all women to wear a headscarf and loose-fitting clothing that disguises their figures in public.

Morality police - known formally as "Gasht-e Ershad" (Guidance Patrols) - are tasked, among other things, with ensuring women conform with the authorities' interpretation of "proper" clothing. Officers have the power to stop women and assess whether they are showing too much hair; their trousers and overcoats are too short or close-fitting; or they are wearing too much make-up. Punishments for violating the rules include a fine, prison or flogging.

In 2014, Iranian women began sharing photos and videos of themselves publicly flouting the hijab laws as part of an online protest campaign called "My Stealthy Freedom". It has since inspired other movements, including "White Wednesdays" and "Girls of Revolution Street".

In Tehran, videos posted online showed women taking off their headscarves and shouting "death to the dictator" - a chant often used in reference to the Supreme Leader. Others shouted "justice, liberty, no to mandatory hijab".

So much for the bullshit from apologists claiming the hijab is optional not mandatory and women have a choice. The Islamic revolution in Iran in 1979 was pretty much like the Taliban enforcing women to wear Hijabs.

These morality police in Iran believe it's OK for their prophet to marry a 6 year old child and pork her when she was 9 years of age.

Iranian women have been protesting about the hijab since 2014 it's clear apologists like Mothra,Future Left wanker Greggy and John along with arsie support the mad mullahs over these women when it comes to hijabs.

The hypocrisy of apologists to brand people who criticise Islam as islamophobes while turning a blind eye to women being killed by Islamic regime for not wearing hijab correctly.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 6:45am

I've posted this image some time ago, but I still find it offensive
for all sorts of reasons.  It's a group of young female students in
school uniform, in the centre of Sydney, captured in 2017.  Their
teacher has the red scarf.

Do we really want to see this blatant example of religious oppression
here in Australia?  Are these girls too young and not sufficiently worldly
experienced to have made a personal decision to wear this regalia? Or
have their parents and/or teachers threatened them with various forms
of home or school punishment should they defy this requisite?

Australia is now generally regarded as a nominally secular country, with
the numbers of atheists now greater than either the Catholic adherents
or the Anglican adherents.  [ABS 2021 Census]

And even more offensive (and distressing) is this image of three little
Muslim girls who obviously do not (and cannot) know the significance
of the clothes they're wearing.  This is parental brainwashing at the
highest (or lowest?) level.  Religious indoctrination of children has no
place in a 21st century Australian society.

And just as disturbing are the innocent smiles on each of their faces.     Cry

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 7:53am

Had to work in Greenacre, not far from the Moslem school.
Had to drive past it to and from the work site.
Moslem guys would patrol the street as if it was theirs.
I would yell out "We want to seed your women!" etc which always annoyed them. Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #7 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 1:34pm

The era of the Shah has slipped into the past, but anyone researching it, will discover it was a favourite whinge of Leftists who would have been happy to see Russian backed communists take over. When the MuZZlum fanatics took over and introduced the Islamic Morality police, did Leftists admit they might have been wrong about the Shah and his evil American friends? Of course not. And why? Well, you see Leftists are not capable of self-criticism for the simple reason that they cannot be wrong, as they have everyone's best interests at heart.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #8 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 2:28pm

Islam is an embuggerance on any society it touches.

Imagine if the Persian culture continued to flourish instead of being extinguished by TurdLam

IBI

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 5:46pm

I see Brian and all the other Islamic apologists have nothing to say about the only religion they defend.

Do they support the Iranian women who burn their hijabs or the Mullahs who make them wear it?

yasmine.jpg (35 KB | 10 )
yasmine.jpg

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 5:50pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 22nd, 2022 at 5:46pm:
Do they support the Iranian women who burn their hijabs or the Mullahs who make them wear it?

you clearly don't understand what you are being told. It's not about supporting the hijab. It's about supporting someones right to wear one if they so wish ya moron.

It's actually a very simple concept but for some reason you Islamaphobes struggle so much with it.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 6:07pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 22nd, 2022 at 5:50pm:

you clearly don't understand what you are being told. It's not about supporting the hijab. It's about supporting someones right to wear one if they so wish ya moron.

It's actually a very simple concept but for some reason you Islamaphobes struggle so much with it.

You're the one who doesn't understand what you're being told the hijab is mandatory under Islamic law there is no choice. What choice do women have in places ruled by Sharia law like Saudi Arabia Iran and Afghanistan under the Taliban.

What about the rights of women who don't want to wear one do idiots like you think they're Islamophobes?

Have a look at pics of Iran before 1979 Islamic revolution where are the hijabs?

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=iran+in+the+70s&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved...

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 7:56pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 22nd, 2022 at 5:50pm:

You shouldn't be here if you are a hijabi.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 8:14pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 22nd, 2022 at 6:07pm:
You're the one who doesn't understand what you're being told the hijab is mandatory under Islamic law there is no choice

CRAP

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 11:05pm

You are free to wear the hijab.

I am free to call you a silly, oppressed, subservient doormat of a bint for doing it.

Free expression, both ways.

Everybody ululate!

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 18
Send Topic Print