Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
ABC pulls out the knives. (Read 1140 times)
issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
ABC pulls out the knives.
Sep 18th, 2022 at 10:43am

Check out the ABC's top story. After a week of hypocritical politeness, the Leftists at the ABC are campaigning with anti-British propaganda, and they are trying to make it look like news. They don't mind lying either, saying Elizabeth "ruled" over an empire. She didn't even "rule" the Commonwealth. Expect more of this as they attempt to convince Australians that the British are evil, and we are evil by inheritance.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ABC pulls out the knives.
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:02am

how dare the ABC do a story with an opposing view  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:02am

'Long to reign over us'.

reign  verb
hold royal office; rule as monarch.
"Queen Elizabeth reigns over the UK"

Latin regnum "kingship, dominion, rule, realm," which is related to regere "to rule, to direct, keep straight, guide" (from PIE root *reg- "move in a straight line," with derivatives meaning "to direct in a straight line," thus "to lead, rule").

'the royal hearse proceeded in a  straight line'.
'Prince Philip drove his vehicle straight into the poor woman's car and didn't arf give her a fright'

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:20am

John Smith wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:02am:

Its not an opposing view. Its the Headline, it is being touted as truth and news, that 's what they do. Let's be honest, the ABC has a Leftist agenda.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:24am

issuevoter wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:20am:

Its not an opposing view. Its the Headline, it is being touted as truth and news, that 's what they do. Let's be honest, the ABC has a Leftist agenda.

and? They've done nothing but pro monarchy stories for the last two weeks. Are you afraid that people will find out the truth?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:27am

The ABC blurs the line between fact and opinion. For example, on that website:
'Guam, America's forgotten speck of an island in the Pacific, is the new front line against China'.

It's not 'forgotten' but at least the articles are consistent in being commentary. But it's sloppy work ABC.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:29am

John Smith wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:24am:

and? They've done nothing but pro monarchy stories for the last two weeks. Are you afraid that people will find out the truth?

It suggests poor journalism. They are trying to tow the woke line. Someone decided the woke line had moved, so they all jumped. In unison.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:29am

chimera wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:27am:
'Guam, America's forgotten speck of an island in the Pacific, is the new front line against China'.

It's not 'forgotten' but at least the articles are consistent in being commentary. But it's sloppy work ABC.

It is forgotten to most people. I doubt most Americans would even be able to tell you where it was on a map

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:32am

freediver wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:29am:

It suggests poor journalism. They are trying to tow the woke line. Someone decided the woke line had moved, so they all jumped. In unison.

Why? Are you arguing that the British empire is at it's peak? Or are you arguing that they hadn't colonised over 80 countries and now rule barely any of them anymore?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #9 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:32am

Nah news has to be fact. 'Joe Burgers of West Rustbelt claimed he has forgotten Guam. His wife, petite Lulu-Anne (29, nice body) argued noone told her about Guam. Their dog scratched in annoyance at the city smart reporters.'

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:57am

There's something to that, although it's not due to the 'woke' per se.

It's more to do with youth culture - which has dominated the media and advertising for decades. Politically, youth culture is targeted at the 18-35 age group (maybe 18-30).

I'd say the ABC has determined that 18-30 year-olds are leaning towards a republic. so an 'anti-establishment' stance makes for higher relevance and is good for business.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #11 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:58am

A Commonwealth is not a regnum ...... remember what Charles said to Ray Martin - "I'm not the boss!  It doesn't work that way."

What part of 'constitutional monarchy' with 'the people as sovereign' do you not understand?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:58am

It's cultural Marxists at the ABC -
the Royals interfere with the Marxist one party state model.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 12:04pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:58am:
A Commonwealth is not a regnum ...... remember what Charles said to Ray Martin - "I'm not the boss!  It doesn't work that way."

What part of 'constitutional monarchy' with 'the people as sovereign' do you not understand?

Do you think someone between 18 and 25 remembers or cares what Charles said to Ray Martin?

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #14 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 12:14pm

The Peoples' Chamber of Freedom Power Heroes in Upper Gandguruland has voted to return to the British Monarchy. In a tearful but solemn chant of 'glory to masters and baas' the assembly noted the lack of class and lemon in the tea. 'Eighty years were lost' they wailed and bowed at the door of the British Embassy and Weapons Depot begging to be let back in.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #15 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 12:21pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:32am:

Why? Are you arguing that the British empire is at it's peak? Or are you arguing that they hadn't colonised over 80 countries and now rule barely any of them anymore?

Anyone with eyes and half a brain can see what I am arguing. I highlighted it for you.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 12:30pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 12:04pm:

Do you think someone between 18 and 25 remembers or cares what Charles said to Ray Martin?

That's what history is for - so that the kids can actually learn about reality for a change instead of living immersed in the emotion-laden and propaganda-filled environment they now suffer under, and from which they will eventually emerge after a lifetime of strife, unrest, disintegration, loss and suffering.

You can't put old heads on young shoulders .... most of those trumpeting the 'Cause' these days will find out eventually how wrong they are.... too late, of course and after causing much suffering to the undeserving - then they will be lambasted by the '18 to 25 year olds' who now know it all................ they will then be the generation that 'stole' everything from the newfers with their swollen heads filled with silly ideas  ....

The 'freedom of information' mode is fine apart from the old rule of 'garbage in = garbage out'.....

I would hate to be a kid these days trying to navigate the multiple strands of bullshit being thrown around every day... and all the politics of division and or identity that they are being forced to deal with ....

As for me - not my problem if you don't want to be he or she, and if you fail to understand the true role of the constitutional monarch... that of titular head without real power ... and yet some here are ranting in the streets about what a despot she was.

Go - tell it to the Spartans passing by in the streets and see how far you get.... I offer you the same as I said about John Howard years ago with his idea of declaring war on Iraq - he should be out on a street corner handing out pamphlets saying we need to invade, not sitting in Parliament as the Esteemed Leader and holding some kind of conferred authority for what was a lie and an insane act.  See how he would have gone then....

Get your heads out of your arses people - we are in interesting times.......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 12:34pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 12:30pm:

That's what history is for - so that the kids can actually learn about reality for a change instead of living immersed in the emotion-laden and propaganda-filled environment they now suffer under, and from which they will eventually emerge after a lifetime of strife, unrest, disintegration, loss and suffering.

So you've forgotten what it was like to be 18 to 25, then.

Weren't you in that age bracket during the 60s?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 12:54pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 12:34pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 12:30pm:

So you've forgotten what it was like to be 18 to 25, then.

Weren't you in that age bracket during the 60s?

I was always a thinker, not a drone... and I'm younger than that...  tail end of the sixties ... I had no fine revolutionary thoughts at that time, though most of those I knew did in one way or the other..... I am of more solid worth and consequently am by far the most revolutionary person currently... primarily because I've seen plenty go wrong...

Patience, young bull... patience..... it will all come clear to you, grasshoppers... I am not here to teach but to educate you.... what you know is within you... all you need to do is connect it properly......

― John Adams

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 12:58pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 12:54pm:
I am not here to teach but to educate you.... what you know is within you... all you need to do is connect it properly......

Yes, well... This is an electronic forum. There is no here and you, like all of us on this forum, are less real than a podcaster.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #20 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 1:03pm

The Grappler speaks and reads English. His spelling is not bad. Nice logo of his man cave where he hangs out. Can't write da lingo good.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 1:17pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 12:58pm:
I am not here to teach but to educate you.... what you know is within you... all you need to do is connect it properly......

Yes, well... This is an electronic forum. There is no here and you, like all of us on this forum, are less real than a podcaster.

Education is the same wherever it comes from...

Ah, yes - the old virtual reality trick, eh, Laszlo?  The Chief will be pleased....  strawberry fields... nothing is real....... nothing to get hung about..... while ever we can hide behind the squid's ink that there is no objective reality, the world will not fall in upon us....

Now, poppets - consider that simple concept in the context of the modern world of smoke and mirrors...... in that hall of mirrors can you spot the objective reality .... or merely a passing distorted reflection of it?

The greatest challenge facing modern humanity is whether or not it can remain sane.... one look at the 'issues' that people get so worked up about and you can see every edge of borderline.... one look at the 'justification' for all of those and you know you are looking at the madness of crowds.....

"Drink Entire: Against The Madness Of Crowds" ― Ray Bradbury, Long After Midnight.

― John Adams

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #22 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 2:04pm

That's a lie. You are trying to bend the truth. The ABC has been reporting what happened in Britain concerning the death of the Queen, funeral arrangements and the ascension of Charles. None of which is "pro-monarchy," as you put it. In fact, their have been a number of references to Republicanism within these reports . . . and you know it. So don't waste your time with that BS.

Unlike Russia, China, or Pakistan, platforms exist in Australia where people can voice their opinions without intimidation. The ABC was never intended for the editorial staff to publish their opinions, statements, and innuendo which are clearly intended to sway public opinion, in this case against our British institutions and heritage.

And remember, any republic worthy of the name, did not come into being by deceiving the people into thinking they themselves inherently evil. They were rebellions against tyranny. I pity anyone who may think that we Australians have lived under the tyranny of Queen Elizabeth, whose reign encompassed a period of great social progress.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 2:09pm

freediver wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 12:21pm:

Anyone with eyes and half a brain can see what I am arguing. I highlighted it for you.

You said it was poor journalism, not me. What part did they get wrong?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #24 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 2:44pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 2:09pm:

The bit about being good, independent journalists.

You wouldn't understand, but it has nothing to do with whether the empire is at its peak.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 3:17pm

issuevoter wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 10:43am:
Check out the ABC's top story. After a week of hypocritical politeness, the Leftists at the ABC are campaigning with anti-British propaganda, and they are trying to make it look like news. They don't mind lying either, saying Elizabeth "ruled" over an empire. She didn't even "rule" the Commonwealth. Expect more of this as they attempt to convince Australians that the British are evil, and we are evil by inheritance.

It was to be expected.
Now with Charles in, they'll bite the hand that feeds them.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 3:27pm

issuevoter wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 2:04pm:

That's a lie. You are trying to bend the truth. The ABC has been reporting what happened in Britain concerning the death of the Queen, funeral arrangements and the ascension of Charles. None of which is "pro-monarchy," as you put it. In fact, their have been a number of references to Republicanism within these reports . . . and you know it. So don't waste your time with that BS.

Unlike Russia, China, or Pakistan, platforms exist in Australia where people can voice their opinions without intimidation. The ABC was never intended for the editorial staff to publish their opinions, statements, and innuendo which are clearly intended to sway public opinion, in this case against our British institutions and heritage.

And remember, any republic worthy of the name, did not come into being by deceiving the people into thinking they themselves inherently evil. They were rebellions against tyranny. I pity anyone who may think that we Australians have lived under the tyranny of Queen Elizabeth, whose reign encompassed a period of great social progress.

It's ALL pro monarchy. Why do you think Charles has spent every day since she died traveling the country trying to milk his mothers death for all it's worth.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 3:29pm

freediver wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 2:44pm:

You wouldn't understand, but it has nothing to do with whether the empire is at its peak.

your preference for royal sycophants is not a measure of good or poor journalism.  Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 3:58pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 1:17pm:

No it isn’t.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #29 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 4:06pm

'Prince William had converted a 'republican celebrity', former magazine editor Ita Buttrose to the monarchist cause. By "her enthusiastic endorsement of Prince William on Channel 9 on Friday 15 January, it seems that Ms. Buttrose has come back to the monarchy," Flint enthused.'

Charles fight with a leaky pen has pushed the monarchy out of the ABC window.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #30 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 5:30pm

Boring as all hell.  Tsk, tsk, tsk, reaching for something to slam the ABC with, hey?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me, most Australians trust the ABC rather than the trash presented on commercial stations.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 5:31pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 3:58pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 1:17pm:

No it isn’t.

Ah, grasshopper - I must show you the true way of e-ducation.... the leading out of knowledge already inherent in the subject .... you must not confuse formal or schooling education™ with e-ducation... you are not here at a school - you are in this monastery to find yourself and what lies within...

guru.jpg (23 KB | 5 )
guru.jpg

― John Adams

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #32 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 5:42pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:29am:
chimera wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 11:27am:

It is forgotten to most people. I doubt most Americans would even be able to tell you where it was on a map

Most Americans could not find their own house on a map of their street.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #33 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 5:46pm

Who Cares what the ABC put in one article:

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #34 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 7:20pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 5:46pm:

You are not reading Women's Weekly, and its not an article. It is the headline on Australia's premier news platform. But as long as it fits your political agenda, that OK.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #35 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 7:47pm

Queen  Elizabeths empire is a shadow of its former might but its damage can't be undone.

It's a headline, yes. The tone is an article not a verbatim description of a news event. Where exactly has the ABC breached its duty of news?

Your website leads to : Britain used to rule a quarter of the world. What happened?
By Catherine Taylor, Matt Martino, Joshua Byrd and Georgina Piper.

That's not news but a discussion of opinions.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 8:08pm

ABC lefties follow the Democrat/Woke/Mafia Media to a tee.

Just a shame that Queen Elizabeth didn't reach 100 years of age otherwise she could have sent a letter to herself in congratulations.

Charles is a good man and a humanitarian.
But because he has never been Media savvy or grovelled to the Media, the Media and its lefties will never give him an appraised reign.
They want William and Kate in asap so they can sell more Women's Weeklys.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #37 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 9:27pm

issuevoter wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 7:20pm:
Dnarever wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 5:46pm:

You are not reading Women's Weekly, and its not an article. It is the headline on Australia's premier news platform. But as long as it fits your political agenda, that OK.

I don't have a political agenda. I mostly argue on the other side of this one anyway - I think.

Are you talking about a couple of bad taste stories on the ABC ? I didn't like it so I simply didn't read them.

Fixed their little red wagon.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #38 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 9:29pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 3:29pm:

your preference for royal sycophants is not a measure of good or poor journalism.  Roll Eyes

I made it red now also. Hope that helps.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #39 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 9:45pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 5:30pm:
https://emojipedia-us.s3.dualstack.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/thumbs/160/whatsapp/2...

Boring as all hell.  Tsk, tsk, tsk, reaching for something to slam the ABC with, hey?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me, most Australians trust the ABC rather than the trash presented on commercial stations.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Hi Brian,
are you an ABC cultural Marxist?

https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1660808671/180

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 9:45pm

It never ceases to amaze me how butt-hurt you lot get when somebody suggests you consider things from another point of view.

You all hysterically fly off into "But they're trying to make me feel GUILTY"-land and forsake all reason and perspective.

It's truly something to behold.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #41 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 9:57pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 9:45pm:
https://emojipedia-us.s3.dualstack.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/thumbs/160/whatsapp/2...

Hi Brian,

Are you a fool, Bobby?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 10:01pm

Hi Brian,

He is an Irish Marxist. Tsk, tsk   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #43 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 10:01pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 9:57pm:

Hi Brian,

I'm a genius.

Just thought you might want your name added to that list?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #44 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 10:20pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 10:01pm:

Hi Brian,

I'm a genius.

I'M on the list. I consider myself to be a Cultural Groucho Marxist.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #45 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 10:22pm

Hi Brian,

I'm a genius.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  What a foolish waste of electrons, Bobby.  You do like to label people, don't you.   Tsk, tsk, tsk...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 10:24pm

freediver wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 9:29pm:

you could sprinkle fairy dust on it and cover it with rainbows, it'll still be wrong

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 10:24pm

Hi Brian,

I'm a genius.

you're a dam moron

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Sep 19th, 2022 at 7:34am

It's interesting, the level of guilt you project onto reality

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #49 - Sep 19th, 2022 at 8:25am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Sep 19th, 2022 at 7:34am:

What are you accusing me of? And what is this level you mention?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #50 - Sep 19th, 2022 at 8:49am

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 10:22pm:

Hi Brian,

I'm a genius.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  What a foolish waste of electrons, Bobby.  You do like to label people, don't you.   Tsk, tsk, tsk...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

But you might only be a Fabian socialist.    Undecided

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #51 - Sep 19th, 2022 at 3:54pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabian_Society

Fabian Society

Formation      4 January 1884; 138 years ago
Legal status      Unincorporated membership association

Purpose      

"To promote greater equality of power,
wealth and opportunity; the value of collective action and public service;
an accountable, tolerant and active democracy;
citizenship, liberty and human rights; sustainable development;
and multilateral international cooperation"

Headquarters      London, England

The Fabian Society is a British socialist organisation whose purpose is to advance the principles of democratic socialism via gradualist and reformist effort in democracies, rather than by revolutionary overthrow.[1][2] The Fabian Society was also historically related to radicalism, a left-wing liberal tradition.[3][4][5]

As one of the founding organisations of the Labour Representation Committee in 1900, and as an important influence upon the Labour Party which grew from it, the Fabian Society has had a powerful influence on British politics. Other members of the Fabian Society have included political leaders from other countries, such as Jawaharlal Nehru, who adopted Fabian principles as part of their own political ideologies. The Fabian Society founded the London School of Economics in 1895.

Today, the society functions primarily as a think tank and is one of 20 socialist societies affiliated with the Labour Party. Similar societies exist in Australia (the Australian Fabian Society), in Canada (the Douglas–Coldwell Foundation and the now-disbanded League for Social Reconstruction), in Sicily (Sicilian Fabian Society) and in New Zealand (The NZ Fabian Society).[6]

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Sep 19th, 2022 at 8:10pm

An opposing view?

Based on outright lies?

That's piss poor form even for you.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Sep 19th, 2022 at 8:12pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 19th, 2022 at 8:10pm:

An opposing view?

Based on outright lies?

What was the lie exactly? Are you arguing that the British empire is at it's peak? Or are you arguing that they barely rule any of the 80 countries they had colonized?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Sep 19th, 2022 at 8:18pm

issuevoter wrote on Sep 19th, 2022 at 8:25am:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Sep 19th, 2022 at 7:34am:

What are you accusing me of? And what is this level you mention?

He wouldn't know he just makes up offense as he goes from post to post crapping on like the green leftist hypocrite he is .... it's their forte.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Sep 19th, 2022 at 8:22pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 19th, 2022 at 8:12pm:

An opposing view?

Based on outright lies?

What was the lie exactly? Are you arguing that the British empire is at it's peak? Or are you arguing that they barely rule any of the 80 countries they had colonized?

It was no such thing under the reign of QE11.

You've obviously lost the meaning of how the Constitutional Monarchy works & how the member countries of the Commonwealth operate.

That doesn't surprise me.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #56 - Sep 19th, 2022 at 8:28pm

issuevoter wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 2:04pm:

Exactly!

Its the Tyranny of the USA.

Republic? More like a Civil War between Australians who stay loyal to the British 'Holy Grail' and those who grovel to the USA with its corrupt Media/Democrat false Political god in power.

Yesterdays Convict is tomorrow's Free Person
Yesterday's Free Settler (with an american right to own a gun and shoot aborigines) is tomorrow's Criminal.

HOLD FAST

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #57 - Sep 19th, 2022 at 8:36pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 19th, 2022 at 8:22pm:

'the British empire ?'

'A deal was reached in 1984—under the terms of the Sino-British Joint Declaration, Hong Kong would become a special administrative region of the People's Republic of China. The handover ceremony in 1997 marked for many, including Charles, Prince of Wales, who was in attendance, "the end of Empire"._ Oxford History of British Empire.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Sep 20th, 2022 at 4:40am

An opposing view?

Based on outright lies?

You've obviously lost the meaning of how the Constitutional Monarchy works & how the member countries of the Commonwealth operate.

So what were the lies?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #59 - Sep 20th, 2022 at 5:28am

John Smith wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 10:24pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 9:29pm:

you could sprinkle fairy dust on it and cover it with rainbows, it'll still be wrong

Will anything I actually said be wrong? Or just your efforts to make up something completely unrelated and attribute it to me?

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #60 - Sep 20th, 2022 at 8:09am

freediver wrote on Sep 20th, 2022 at 5:28am:
Will anything I actually said be wrong? Or just your efforts to make up something completely unrelated and attribute it to me?

You'd have to SAY something first

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Sep 20th, 2022 at 11:04am

chimera wrote on Sep 19th, 2022 at 8:36pm:

'the British empire ?'

'A deal was reached in 1984—under the terms of the Sino-British Joint Declaration, Hong Kong would become a special administrative region of the People's Republic of China. The handover ceremony in 1997 marked for many, including Charles, Prince of Wales, who was in attendance, "the end of Empire"._ Oxford History of British Empire.

Just words in a speech ... not a reflection of the reality.... I see the special administrative region has become a slave state... that's what the left do, you know.... they can't tolerate any differing views and it becomes their way or the gulag way.

All New Nazis you see - and just as blind to reality as the Old Nazis.

― John Adams

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Sep 20th, 2022 at 11:05am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 20th, 2022 at 11:04am:
Just words in a speech ... not a reflection of the reality.... I see the special administrative region has become a slave state... that's what the left do, you know.... they can't tolerate any differing views and it becomes their way or the gulag way.

All New Nazis you see - and just as blind to reality as the Old Nazis.

What you mean is, the Nazis agreed with you and we don't tolerate that any more.  LOL!!

List the ways you disagree with the third reich? Gays? tick  Trans? tick Non whites? tick.  You just hate Muslims instead of Jews.  That's not important

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #63 - Sep 20th, 2022 at 11:16am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 20th, 2022 at 11:04am:
'the British empire ?'

Just words in a speech ... not a reflection of the reality...

白人用分叉的舌头说话
'white man speak with forked tongue'.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #64 - Sep 20th, 2022 at 1:15pm

Quote:
When did Britain’s Empire end?

When did the British Empire end? As with questions about when the Empire started, there is no one single agreed upon answer to this question. Britain gained colonies and lost or ceded them over a long period of time. America winning her freedom is one example of a large part of the empire being lost.

End of the British Empire

The two events that are usually used by historians to signify the end of the British Empire are the Independence of India in 1947 or the end of British rule in Hong Kong in 1997. Neither are entirely satisfactory answers to the question though.

After the Second World War it became clear that Britain could not retain large parts of the empire. Recovery meant that maintaining the empire was unfeasible. Many parts of the empire had active independence movements. India gained independence in 1947 and was partitioned, creating Pakistan and East Pakistan (Bangladesh). This formally ended the title of Emperor / Empress for the British crown.

However India’s independence was not the end of British dominance of a large number of countries. Many were still run by British Governors and retained the British monarchy. Many of these colonies gained independence in the 1950’s and 1960’s. The symbolic act of handing control of Hong Kong back to China in 1997 is seen as the last act of Colonialism by some.

One gauge of the ‘end’ of empire is the formation of the Commonwealth of Nations. This was formalised by the London Declaration of 1949. It gave membership to countries like India that had gained independence but wanted to retain links with Britain. Each member state has the British monarch as Head of State. However, most are free to manage their affairs themselves.

[Source]

That is what is taught in British schools.   It seems that the British Empire ended in 1997 for the last act of colonialism.  For most people it ended in 1949 with the declaration of the Commonwealth.   Like most Dinosaurs, the signal takes some time to travel from the main brain to the secondary brain.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #65 - Sep 20th, 2022 at 1:37pm

'The Balfour Report defines the group of self-governing communities composed of Great Britain and the Dominions as “autonomous Communities within the British Empire, equal in status" made law by the British Parliament in the 1931 Statute of Westminster, the founding document of the modern Commonwealth'. Australia trashed the poms in the 1931 Ashes and almost destroyed the monarchy but saved it due to equality. That night the King of Pomland was heard arguing fiercely with the King of Australia but settled nil-all.

Hong Kong was an equal Pom, bowled out for a duck and offered President Xi a place in the XI. China demanded rights to manufacture bats, stumps and balls with 95% of gate profits. UK wanted common wealth, Beijing the commos and Oz just tossed a coin.

« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2022 at 1:55pm by chimera »  

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #66 - Sep 20th, 2022 at 2:48pm

Quote:
ABC pulls out the knives.

It literally does happen on staff BBQ days.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #67 - Sep 20th, 2022 at 3:28pm

No only a circus when the knife-thrower pull them out from around the girl in front of the target.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Sep 20th, 2022 at 6:54pm

An opposing view?

Based on outright lies?

good thing the article wasn't about constitutional monarchies then  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Sep 20th, 2022 at 6:56pm

freediver wrote on Sep 20th, 2022 at 5:28am:

If you are speaking in general, then the answer is often

If you are being specific about this article than you can start with when you said  'poor journalism'.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print