Reply #60 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 9:27pm

John_Taverner wrote on Sep 11th, 2022 at 2:16pm:
Bobby. wrote on Sep 11th, 2022 at 2:08pm:
He also showed an appalling lack of judgement to do
his secret deals with ScoMo behind all our backs -
and even his own Govt. ministers.
He's a man with no principles.
He did it to save his job - to save his own neck -
with no thought for those he was sworn to protect.

Don't be melodramatic. In practice the Governor General can't exercise the royal prerogative against a Prime Minister who is acting within the law, as he was in this case.

So even though the swearing in of ministers is normally broadcast live on TV -
in those 5 cases it was all done in secret.   Embarrassed

IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Re: God save the King
Reply #61 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 11:19am

wombatwoody wrote on Sep 12th, 2022 at 9:19pm:

Horsemen of the apocalypse, please hurry.

Do we need to be always politically correct.
In the world of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #62 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 11:27am

Bobby. wrote on Sep 12th, 2022 at 9:27pm:
So even though the swearing in of ministers is normally broadcast live on TV -
in those 5 cases it was all done in secret.   Embarrassed

Scotty was already on the case being PM and all that, no need to swear twice. GG was the goody, Scotty baddy.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 12:57pm

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #64 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 1:03pm

all earthly things above
all earthly things above

ok

IP Logged

wombatwoody
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wombat  NSW
Reply #65 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 3:45pm

athos wrote on Sep 13th, 2022 at 11:19am:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/album/forum-attachments/INT_UK_CHARLES__9a_.jpg

Mr. Rothschild is probably rebuking him over this, saying something like, Don't do that again! Or else!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5073607/Letter-penned-Prince-Charles-sp...

He looks about 30 years younger there so that's probably about right...

The Bible is our charter - David Ben-Gurion

Genesis 15:18 : To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the River Euphrates.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #66 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 5:36pm

Diana knew the royal family’s genetic history and the reptilian control.   Her nicknames for the Windsors were “the lizards” and “the reptiles” and she used to say in all seriousness:  “They’re not human”.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #67 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 6:09pm

athos wrote on Sep 13th, 2022 at 11:19am:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/album/forum-attachments/INT_UK_CHARLES__9a_.jpg

OMG!!!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 7:33pm

chimera wrote on Sep 13th, 2022 at 5:36pm:
Diana knew the royal family’s genetic history and the reptilian control.   Her nicknames for the Windsors were “the lizards” and “the reptiles” and she used to say in all seriousness:  “They’re not human”.

Diana was no angel, she had that look in her eyes, she was having it off with the butler or chauffer or someone, probably all of them.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #69 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 7:40pm

Johnnie wrote on Sep 13th, 2022 at 7:33pm:
chimera wrote on Sep 13th, 2022 at 5:36pm:

Diana was no angel, she had that look in her eyes, she was having it off with the butler or chauffer or someone, probably all of them.

I would not be prepared to make guesses about Diana or their marriage, but something wasn't right, and infidelity never bothered the Royals in the past. The most telling thing about Diana is who she took up with afterwards.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #70 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 8:20pm

Diana was a potty mouthed Houso off camera.
A Spencer family gold-digging version of Anna Nicole-Smith.
As long as she acted the 'fairy princess' for the Media and smiled, the Media and its people loved her.

Now as you can see. Almost immediately the Media and its people are trying to undermine Charles's worth at any excuse.
Why?
Because he chose 'love' for another, over an 'arranged marriage'?

You will see the 'Mafia' Media push to have William in as King asap.

But alas, as Nostrodamus has predicted: William will be assassinated.
Seems poor William will pay the ultimate price for allowing the Media to try and destroy the British Monarchy - but hey, that's the Italian Mafia/Media for you.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #71 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 9:36pm

Reptiles surged around the grave of Nostradamus and corrupted his mental telepathy which was recorded by a disabled whisky-distiller in sculptures at Roslyn Chapel. (Diana was a channel for the Chinese medium, Lao Tse of 657BC). She knew the Da Vinci code and tried to reconfigure it in Nostradamus' imprints which is why the Egyptian successor to Amunhotep drove her into the wall in Paris.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Sep 15th, 2022 at 4:37pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 11th, 2022 at 11:45am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 11th, 2022 at 11:31am:
issuevoter wrote on Sep 10th, 2022 at 10:57pm:
Well, as soon as the Royal hoop-la settles down, you can bet the ABC, SBS and Guardian will be into Charles with knives. As will the Greens.

I think you'll also find that there are lots of Gen X (onwards) Conservatives in Australia who are sick of the chronic hypocrisy perpetually on show by this dysfunctional inbred family. Times have changed, people are more educated ie they have a fair grasp of history and politics and can see through the BS.

The sooner Australia becomes a Republic the better. And it WILL be better! Change the flag too while you're at it! It's high time for Australia to reflect its Australian essence. Not that of England's!

Is it any wonder we've had so much trouble in the area of reconciliation with Aboriginal and other indigenous groups? We must move forward together - otherwise we CANNOT move forward at all!

And no more excuses re what type of Republican model either! We're Australians! That means we're smart! We've proven ourselves many times since Federation!

If you think sitting around in the cobwebs of an antiquated former colonial power's traditions is going to help Australia move forward (after some 235 years) then you're dreaming!

Australia has changed and is still changing! As I type! It's time to refresh our national profile and international identity to reflect our truth as a people who are ONE ... but also MANY!

Which reminds me ...refresh and renew the National Anthem while you're at it!

In fact .. THIS is our chance to renew our commitment to each other as representatives within a unified Australian cultural identity. 

Seriously let's do this! It's overdue!

To keep the royals is the same as saying that there's something wrong with us
that we can't cope without an anachronistic, outdated system from
1000 years ago that has privilege by birth and not merit as the core of its belief.
It's saying that we're too stupid to elect our own representatives
and govern ourselves.

What is an Australian? Born here? Not born here but has passport holder after 3 year residency? Speaks no English but has an Australian passport? 4th + generation Anglo? Part Aboriginal? Italian mother, Greek father? Temporary resident for 6 years? Overseas born to one Australian parent? What?

What IS an Australian for HOS purposes?  The same people who denigrate nationalism in every other context are fervent nationalists when it come to the HOS.  The same people who identify Australians as beer swilling racists are calling for "one of us' to be HOS.

Also
How to select a HOS if hereditary monarchy is to be replaced? How do you make the choice as non-political as what you want to replace?  The biggest problem with the Americal model is that it combines the HOS and the head of government in the same person.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #73 - Sep 15th, 2022 at 4:40pm

Frank wrote on Sep 15th, 2022 at 4:37pm:
Well, as soon as the Royal hoop-la settles down, you can bet the ABC, SBS and Guardian will be into Charles with knives. As will the Greens.

I think you'll also find that there are lots of Gen X (onwards) Conservatives in Australia who are sick of the chronic hypocrisy perpetually on show by this dysfunctional inbred family. Times have changed, people are more educated ie they have a fair grasp of history and politics and can see through the BS.

The sooner Australia becomes a Republic the better. And it WILL be better! Change the flag too while you're at it! It's high time for Australia to reflect its Australian essence. Not that of England's!

Is it any wonder we've had so much trouble in the area of reconciliation with Aboriginal and other indigenous groups? We must move forward together - otherwise we CANNOT move forward at all!

And no more excuses re what type of Republican model either! We're Australians! That means we're smart! We've proven ourselves many times since Federation!

If you think sitting around in the cobwebs of an antiquated former colonial power's traditions is going to help Australia move forward (after some 235 years) then you're dreaming!

Australia has changed and is still changing! As I type! It's time to refresh our national profile and international identity to reflect our truth as a people who are ONE ... but also MANY!

In fact .. THIS is our chance to renew our commitment to each other as representatives within a unified Australian cultural identity. 

1000 years ago that has privilege by birth and not merit as the core of its belief.
and govern ourselves.

What is an Australian? Born here? Not born here but has passport holder after 3 year residency? Speaks no English but has an Australian passport? 4th + generation Anglo? Part Aboriginal? Italian mother, Greek father? Temporary resident for 6 years? Overseas born to one Australian parent? What?

What IS an Australian for HOS purposes?  The same people who denigrate nationalism in every other context are fervent nationalists when it come to the HOS.  The same people who identify Australians as beer swilling racists are calling for "one of us' to be HOS.

Also
How to select a HOS if hereditary monarchy is to be replaced? How do you make the choice as non-political as what you want to replace?  The biggest problem with the Americal model is that it combines the HOS and the head of government in the same person.

Why do we need a Head Of State?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Sep 15th, 2022 at 5:18pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 15th, 2022 at 4:40pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 15th, 2022 at 4:37pm:

and govern ourselves.

Also

Why do we need a Head Of State?

Because the state and the government are two separate things.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/head-of-state

What about the other questions I posed?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print