Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Salman Rushdie Attacked (Read 8470 times)
AiA
Gold Member

Salman Rushdie Attacked
Aug 13th, 2022 at 1:45am

Ragheads have been out to get him since the 1980s

Author Salman Rushdie attacked on stage in New York

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62524922?at_custom2=facebook_page&at_cu...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Re: Salman Rushdie Attacked
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2022 at 1:47am

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2022 at 2:56am

He is said to have been stabbed in the neck.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Aug 13th, 2022 at 6:44am

Maybe he was attacked because he was talking in French?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #4 - Aug 13th, 2022 at 8:47am

Rushdie has never been a threat to Islam. There is a war between Western Liberalism and Islamic Fundamentalism, and you can argue the toss about good Mooslms and bad Mooslms, but you would be evading the issue. Placating their fanaticism under the banner of cultural sensitivity, and inclusivity only encourages them.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Aug 13th, 2022 at 8:51am

AiA wrote on Aug 13th, 2022 at 2:56am:

That's what mussies do.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 13th, 2022 at 11:25am

Bobby. wrote on Aug 13th, 2022 at 8:51am:
AiA wrote on Aug 13th, 2022 at 2:56am:

That's what mussies do.

He let his guard down, you can't do that with muslims, you've got to protect yourself the whole time everywhere you go

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Aug 13th, 2022 at 12:20pm

Wow, a fatwa executed after so many years.  Shocked

The perp:

Law enforcement officers detain Hadi Matar, centre, following the stabbing of Salman Rushdie.CREDIT:AP

The suspect was identified as Hadi Matar, a 24-year-old man from Fairview, New Jersey, who bought a pass to the event, police said.

New York: Salman Rushdie, the Indian-born novelist who spent years in hiding after Iran urged Muslims to kill him because of his writing, was stabbed in the neck and abdomen onstage at a lecture in New York state and airlifted to a hospital, police said.

Rushdie will likely lose an eye and suffered severed nerves in an arm and damage to his liver after he was stabbed, his agent said, adding that Rushdie was on a ventilator.

“The news is not good. Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed; and his liver was stabbed and damaged,” Andrew Wylie said in a written statement.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-america/salman-rushdie-attacked-onstage-in...

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #8 - Aug 13th, 2022 at 1:14pm

issuevoter wrote on Aug 13th, 2022 at 8:47am:
Rushdie has never been a threat to Islam.

He was perceived as a "threat" by (fundamentalist) Moslems in the M.E. because he referred to the Koran as "The Satanic Verses". 

Just as I am likely to be considered a "threat" to (fundamentalist) Judaism when I refer to Jehovah as a genocidal bronze-age God, as stated in the OT itself. (eg 1 Samuel 15, 1-3). 

The difference is that Jews (and Christians] in the West have progressed through a cultural  "Enlightenment", so they will not so readily feel "threatened' by my (factual) statement.

Not so for the ME where any "enlightenment" is patchy at best.

Quote:
There is a war between Western Liberalism and Islamic Fundamentalism,

Well, a political dispute between democratic liberalism, and theocratic rule; just as there is a political dispute between democratic liberalism and rule by consensus one party 'autocracy'. (Theocracy is based on religious dogma, 'autocracy' is merely a different economic philosophy of government).

Quote:
and you can argue the toss about good Mooslms and bad Mooslms, but you would be evading the issue.

No you wouldn't. Not all Moslems are fundamentalists,
and the Koran is merely an imperfect guide to a relationship with God, as is the OT - which unfortunately was combined with the NT in the first century AD, against the wishes of Marcion, an early compiler of the evolving NT canon.    

Quote:
Placating their fanaticism under the banner of cultural sensitivity, and inclusivity only encourages them.

Disputed above. Awareness that ALL scripture is the word of men, not the Word Of God, is the urgently required teaching  in the modern global world - especially in the 'backward' M.E.  countries.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2022 at 1:32pm by thegreatdivide »  

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Aug 13th, 2022 at 1:26pm

I wonder which mosque he went to?

IBI

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #10 - Aug 13th, 2022 at 1:52pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Aug 13th, 2022 at 1:14pm:
issuevoter wrote on Aug 13th, 2022 at 8:47am:
Rushdie has never been a threat to Islam.

He was perceived as a "threat" by (fundamentalist) Moslems in the M.E. because he referred to the Koran as "The Satanic Verses". 

Just as I am likely to be considered a "threat" to (fundamentalist) Judaism when I refer to Jehovah as a genocidal bronze-age God, as stated in the OT itself. (eg 1 Samuel 15, 1-3). 

The difference is that Jews (and Christians] in the West have progressed through a cultural  "Enlightenment", so they will not so readily feel "threatened' by my (factual) statement.

Not so for the ME where any "enlightenment" is patchy at best.

Quote:
There is a war between Western Liberalism and Islamic Fundamentalism,

Well, a political dispute between democratic liberalism, and theocratic rule; just as there is a political dispute between democratic liberalism and rule by consensus one party 'autocracy'. (Theocracy is based on religious dogma, 'autocracy' is merely a different economic philosophy of government).

Quote:
and you can argue the toss about good Mooslms and bad Mooslms, but you would be evading the issue.

No you wouldn't. Not all Moslems are fundamentalists,
and the Koran is merely an imperfect guide to a relationship with God, as is the OT - which unfortunately was combined with the NT in the first century AD, against the wishes of Marcion, an early compiler of the evolving NT canon.    

Quote:
Placating their fanaticism under the banner of cultural sensitivity, and inclusivity only encourages them.

Disputed above. Awareness that ALL scripture is the word of men, not the Word Of God, is the urgently required teaching  in the modern global world - especially in the 'backward' M.E.  countries.

They just love your objectivity, because it shows weakness. As I have said, you can argue the toss about good Moos and bad Moos, but you are wasting your breath. Mooslms are not interested in "perceived threats," they are interested killing infidels as instructed in the Koran.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #11 - Aug 13th, 2022 at 1:59pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Aug 13th, 2022 at 12:20pm:
Wow, a fatwa executed after so many years.  Shocked

The perp:

https://i.imgur.com/aDuB99l.jpg

Law enforcement officers detain Hadi Matar, centre, following the stabbing of Salman Rushdie.CREDIT:AP

The suspect was identified as Hadi Matar, a 24-year-old man from Fairview, New Jersey, who bought a pass to the event, police said.

New York: Salman Rushdie, the Indian-born novelist who spent years in hiding after Iran urged Muslims to kill him because of his writing, was stabbed in the neck and abdomen onstage at a lecture in New York state and airlifted to a hospital, police said.

Rushdie will likely lose an eye and suffered severed nerves in an arm and damage to his liver after he was stabbed, his agent said, adding that Rushdie was on a ventilator.

“The news is not good. Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed; and his liver was stabbed and damaged,” Andrew Wylie said in a written statement.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-america/salman-rushdie-attacked-onstage-in...

Oh this is terrible! The poor guy 😔🥺

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #12 - Aug 13th, 2022 at 2:01pm

Gordon wrote on Aug 13th, 2022 at 1:26pm:

Haven't you heard? It was the same one Bwian/Gwoggy still go to.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Aug 13th, 2022 at 2:01pm

Gordon wrote on Aug 13th, 2022 at 1:26pm:

I hope they hang the bastard and hang em high.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #14 - Aug 13th, 2022 at 2:03pm

Muzzlums cannot be trusted. An absence of violent behavior is no guarantee of tolerance. As a religion, they have a history of "running amok," which was first seen by Westerners in Malaya. Unfortunately, Wikipedia tries to use Western objectivity to make comparisons to other acts of violence the connection for which is bogus. However, they do state that it is cultural.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_amok

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 16
Send Topic Print