Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 296
Send Topic Print
The truth about trans people (Read 87604 times)
FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The truth about trans people
Jul 12th, 2022 at 7:24am

I knew when I joined a political group that the right would cry endlessly about basic human biology and biological difference.  I knew they'd obsess about sex.  Certain people here are obsessed with the contents of strangers trousers.

I've been accused of driving this discussion but I've merely responded to tears with facts.  I've not started a post on this before.  But given that telling the truth calmly gets me banned every few days, here in one place is every undeniable thing we know about trans folks

1 - we know people are born trans.  We know how this happens.  The biology is well understood.  While there are gay creatures throughout the animal kingdom, we can't ask animals if they are trans, but the biology is fundamentally the same so, probably?

2 - We know being trans is not a mental illness.  Idiots call gender dysphoria being trans because they worked out gender dysphoria is in DSM5.  Gender dysphoria is not being trans.  Not all trans people experience it.  they are different things

3 - we know some people are sure they are trans, even from an early age.  Their experience of how they feel about themselves cannot be denied, they insist it's true

4 - we know you can't talk people into being trans or out of being trans.  Now, in a world where trans people are fully accepted and discussed, I do think more kids will toy with the idea for a brief period, because it's not just acceptable, kids flag themselves as gay or trans when what they mean is 'I am not a dumb bigot like the old folks'.  This does no harm.  No one gets any medication without a lot of therapy to be sure.  No one gets surgery before they are 18.

5 - The actual level of people detransitioning right now is under 5%.  Most of those, don't decide they are not trans, they decide not to pursue it because of parental harassment.  They become trans again later.  The rest realise they were gay. 

All of this means that nature creates trans people, and we can't change that, or change them.  Our only option is if we are kind or not.  Why are right wing people so determined to be unkind, to children?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The truth about trans people
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 7:44am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 7:24am:
I knew when I joined a political group that the right would cry endlessly about basic human biology and biological difference.  I knew they'd obsess about sex.  Certain people here are obsessed with the contents of strangers trousers.

I've been accused of driving this discussion but I've merely responded to tears with facts.  I've not started a post on this before.  But given that telling the truth calmly gets me banned every few days, here in one place is every undeniable thing we know about trans folks

1 - we know people are born trans.  We know how this happens.  The biology is well understood.  While there are gay creatures throughout the animal kingdom, we can't ask animals if they are trans, but the biology is fundamentally the same so, probably?

2 - We know being trans is not a mental illness.  Idiots call gender dysphoria being trans because they worked out gender dysphoria is in DSM5.  Gender dysphoria is not being trans.  Not all trans people experience it.  they are different things

3 - we know some people are sure they are trans, even from an early age.  Their experience of how they feel about themselves cannot be denied, they insist it's true

4 - we know you can't talk people into being trans or out of being trans.  Now, in a world where trans people are fully accepted and discussed, I do think more kids will toy with the idea for a brief period, because it's not just acceptable, kids flag themselves as gay or trans when what they mean is 'I am not a dumb bigot like the old folks'.  This does no harm.  No one gets any medication without a lot of therapy to be sure.  No one gets surgery before they are 18.

5 - The actual level of people detransitioning right now is under 5%.  Most of those, don't decide they are not trans, they decide not to pursue it because of parental harassment.  They become trans again later.  The rest realise they were gay. 

All of this means that nature creates trans people, and we can't change that, or change them.  Our only option is if we are kind or not.  Why are right wing people so determined to be unkind, to children?

Who are you kidding?

It's your whole reason for being, a driving force behind every post you make.

The questions you pose you've posed countless times before.

You're a cracked record.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 7:55am

Gnads wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 7:44am:
Who are you kidding?

You're a cracked record.

More tears.  More nonsense.  I have a trans child.  I understand the harm your ignorant hate creates.  So when you cry about it, I try to correct you.  I knew deep down you'd answer, but not engage a thing I've said. The question is, do you realise you can't answer me? Do you have any self awareness?

Yes, I keep saying the same true things. Why can't anyone answer me?

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:00am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 7:55am:
More tears. 

One thing you need to get into your head: non-gender-dysmorphic people don't cry all the time.

People like yourself and your son will need to understand that.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:02am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:00am:
More tears. 

One thing you need to get into your head: non-gender-dysmorphic people don't cry all the time.

I love it even more when you ignore what I said so completely you do something again that I've explained is incorrect.

Not every trans person has gender dysphoria.  I explained that.  You can't discuss it, and yet you feel the need to say something?

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:07am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:02am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:00am:
More tears. 

I love it even more when you ignore what I said so completely you do something again that I've explained is incorrect.

Not every trans person has gender dysphoria.  I explained that.  You can't discuss it, and yet you feel the need to say something?

Your constant reference to crying and tears is a projection.

You need to understand that non-gender-dysmorphic people, non-trans people etc.. don't cry all the time.

That occurs with people like yourself and (apparently) your son.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:12am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:07am:

You need to understand that non-gender-dysmorphic people, non-trans people etc.. don't cry all the time.

The fact you all post endlessly about a topic you refuse to engage in or learn about, is basically public crying.  That's a fact.

A small number of far right people do cry endlessly about trans people.  They talk about it all the time, but refuse to discuss it.  this is a fact, as you have again proven

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:13am

Gnads wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 7:44am:
Who are you kidding?

You're a cracked record.

More tears.  More nonsense.  I have a trans child.  I understand the harm your ignorant hate creates.  So when you cry about it, I try to correct you.  I knew deep down you'd answer, but not engage a thing I've said. The question is, do you realise you can't answer me? Do you have any self awareness?

Yes, I keep saying the same true things. Why can't anyone answer me?

WGAF - it's the same old same old. All you do is start the name calling to any view that doesn't agree with how you see it.

I don't believe anyone has denied the existence of trans people or that they can be born that way.

What gets objected to is the barrow pushing by people like you, your obvious insistence that adults should be giving kids drugs to prevent their puberty -

and if as you say being trans is so "natural" why on earth do you think it's OK to be stopping the "natural" process of puberty?

The other issues have evolved around adult trans people who have not had re-assignment surgery who want to play sport against biological females, or use the same toilets.

Another issue being the insisted/forced use of preferred language/pronouns.

That's been put to you time & again & yet all you do is respond with shyte about the "right", bigots, hate etc etc.

Trans may not be a mental health issue as you say but you definitely have a mental health issue.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:18am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:12am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:07am:

The fact you all post endlessly about a topic you refuse to engage in or learn about, is basically public crying.  That's a fact.

A small number of far right people do cry endlessly about trans people.  They talk about it all the time, but refuse to discuss it.  this is a fact, as you have again proven

Basically crying, eh. Easy for you to say given how much actual crying you've likely done throughout your life.

I have no interest in learning about trans people. The law cannot legislate that people must show interest in trans people.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:20am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:18am:
Basically crying, eh. Easy for you to say given how much actual crying you've likely done throughout your life.

I have no interest in learning about trans people. The law cannot legislate that people must show interest in trans people.

But you're interested enough to keep posting about them, just determined not to answer questions or learn anything.  That's the point.  If you just didn't care, that would be fine with them and me

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:27am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:20am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:18am:

But you're interested enough to keep posting about them, just determined not to answer questions or learn anything.  That's the point.  If you just didn't care, that would be fine with them and me

I'm posting about you as you present yourself on this forum;

But you do have a point. Over the next few days you're going to post about 'the right' (whatever that is), and Nazis (apparently a common attack levelled by gay and trans people against just about anyone else) and etc... so your posts will be reposts of your trans and gay obsessions which don't interest me.

If the past is a guide to the future, you won't be here long, I'd guess.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:33am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:27am:

But you do have a point. Over the next few days you're going to post about 'the right' (whatever that is), and Nazis (apparently a common attack levelled by gay and trans people against just about anyone else) and etc... so your posts will be reposts of your trans and gay obsessions which don't interest me.

Yes, the gays are picking on you, LOL!!!

It's funny to me, right wing people persecute everyone and want SO BADLY to be persecuted....

What you need to understand is that I have morals.  I'd rather be banned for opposing hate, than stay silent and be in a place where hate is accepted

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:39am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:33am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:27am:

Yes, the gays are picking on you, LOL!!!

It's funny to me, right wing people persecute everyone and want SO BADLY to be persecuted....

What you need to understand is that I have morals.  I'd rather be banned for opposing hate, than stay silent and be in a place where hate is accepted

See, the thing is, I have never identified as 'right wing' (i.e. politically ultra conservative) and I'm certain few use it as a correct reference to political conservatism; in your case it's a lazy way of branding people who aren't gay or trans and who disagree with you.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:40am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:39am:
See, the thing is, I have never identified as 'right wing' (i.e. politically ultra conservative) and I'm certain few use it as a correct reference to political conservatism; in your case it's a lazy way of branding people who aren't gay or trans and who disagree with you.

The right is filthy, lots of people insist they are 'centrists' to escape it.  But hating and lying about trans folks is a fundamentally right wing position.  By their fruits shall ye know them

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:42am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:40am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:39am:

The right is filthy, lots of people insist they are 'centrists' to escape it.  But hating and lying about trans folks is a fundamentally right wing position.  By their fruits shall ye know them

See, there you go again - 'the right'.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 296
Send Topic Print