Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Personal Criticism Rule Ignored? (Read 2710 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Personal Criticism Rule Ignored?
Reply #45 - Aug 23rd, 2022 at 11:06pm

AusGeoff wrote on Jul 10th, 2022 at 11:32pm:
Quote:
Personal criticism

Do not post personal criticism of other members. Do not respond to personal
criticism of yourself or other members. This is the biggest problem on OzPolitic.
Too many members are easily baited into off-topic personal exchanges. If you
participate in any kind of flame war you will be suspended, regardless of who
started it or who you think ‘deserved it’.

Why are the moderators ignoring this rule?  Every day there are dozens of comments
abusing/criticising/insulting other members, and all too often this sets off an off-topic
string of to-and-fro petty insults.  It makes for boring reading and a waste of the site's
bandwidth, and an irritant that has to be repeatedly ignored.

Has any member ever been suspended for this behaviour?   And of not, why not?    Sad

As a xmas present once a few years back.
All the trolls like Smith, Peccary, Monk, Mothra, LTYC were banned for quite awhile by FD.
For a few luxurious months - this Forum hardly had any of that stuff going on. Only Aussie was spared a banning - but being all alone from his crew, he was 'very quiet' so to speak.
A number of older members returned like a renaissance of old. Over at Monk's Pox Palace though - they were spewing vitriol about how pathetic this Forum is, in their bitter exile.

But alas, come the new year. FD lifted their bans and they rushed back to this Forum they slagged off so much.

I guess FD needs them because they 'click' for him the $$$ with their pointless postings so much.

Make no mistake Geoff, that bunch are the 'grubby' factor of this forum throughout its history. They are in essence - the Trolls in the purest sense of the word.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #46 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 8:03am

Word of the day is ‘huff-snuff’ (16th century): a strutting braggart who likes to bully others but is quick to take offence.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #47 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 4:20pm

Jasin wrote on Aug 23rd, 2022 at 11:06pm:
Quote:
Personal criticism

criticism of yourself or other members. This is the biggest problem on OzPolitic.

Why are the moderators ignoring this rule?  Every day there are dozens of comments
abusing/criticising/insulting other members, and all too often this sets off an off-topic
string of to-and-fro petty insults.  It makes for boring reading and a waste of the site's

Has any member ever been suspended for this behaviour?   And of not, why not?    Sad

All the trolls like Smith, Peccary, Monk, Mothra, LTYC were banned for quite awhile by FD.
For a few luxurious months - this Forum hardly had any of that stuff going on. Only Aussie was spared a banning - but being all alone from his crew, he was 'very quiet' so to speak.
A number of older members returned like a renaissance of old. Over at Monk's Pox Palace though - they were spewing vitriol about how pathetic this Forum is, in their bitter exile.

But alas, come the new year. FD lifted their bans and they rushed back to this Forum they slagged off so much.

I guess FD needs them because they 'click' for him the $$$ with their pointless postings so much.

Make no mistake Geoff, that bunch are the 'grubby' factor of this forum throughout its history. They are in essence - the Trolls in the purest sense of the word.

Personal Criticism Jasin ?

Quote:
All the trolls like Smith, Peccary, Monk, Mothra, LTYC......

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #48 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 4:23pm

Quote:
Personal Criticism Rule Ignored?

This is unfair most or the best members on the right would have their average posts per day drop to zero if the insults were discontinued. They do not seem to have an option "B"
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2022 at 4:28pm by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 4:44pm

Oh deary me!

Personal stuff hey?  These people shaft entire races of people and that's ok, but call them names and ...

So many farkwits, so little time.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #50 - Sep 24th, 2022 at 8:18pm

Peccary the Media Man is a political expert didn't you know.
Thanks to the Media - politics is in good hands.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=chris+marshall+pianos+advert&&view=detail&m...

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #51 - Sep 24th, 2022 at 8:20pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 22nd, 2022 at 4:20pm:
Jasin wrote on Aug 23rd, 2022 at 11:06pm:
Quote:
Personal criticism

Personal Criticism Jasin ?

Quote:
All the trolls like Smith, Peccary, Monk, Mothra, LTYC......

I've always admitted that I am crazy since the first time I joined back in 2010 somewhere.
I have to be to hang out with you lot in this very f*ucked up world.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #52 - Oct 2nd, 2022 at 10:53am

The most infantile manifestation of this problem is "Last Word" syndrome. However, I reserve the right to insult Islam and its adherents, and I will continue to do so until that religion shows some responsibility and respect toward other religions and cultures.

Oh I hear the wimpy whiny voice of the Left now . . ."But other religions are just as bad." No, they are not.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print