Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The Supermarket Of The Year Announced (Read 806 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The Supermarket Of The Year Announced
Reply #30 - Jun 29th, 2022 at 9:16am

Belgarion wrote on Jun 28th, 2022 at 10:24pm:
Gnads wrote on Jun 28th, 2022 at 5:58pm:
whiteknight wrote on Jun 28th, 2022 at 2:34pm:
Please open more Aldi supermarkets.   Smiley 

Phuk Aldi

you post myriads of articles about workers getting a fair go or the consumer getting a fair go.

Do you know for a fact that ALDI fit that bill entirely?

They don't compete or outcompete the others without some dodgy business policies.

Yep. A friend of my son worked there. The staff were sent on unpaid breaks whenever there was a lack of customers and all the other work, shelf filling etc. had been done.    Seems it was legal, but very unethical.

See Peccarhead ...maybe he could do some representation to FW over this unethical situation
at Aldi.

As I was saying before Peccar came to Aldis defense ... was they don't get to the top in the competition market without some dodgy practices.

It's just that Coles & Woolies seem to get all the attention for theirs.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #31 - Jun 29th, 2022 at 9:19am

Jake Winker Frogen wrote on Jun 28th, 2022 at 6:09pm:
I was sure Piggly Wiggly would win this one.

What???😳

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #32 - Jun 29th, 2022 at 9:28am

Gnads wrote on Jun 28th, 2022 at 7:23pm:
We have another supermarket here that does not pack bags - plastic or otherwise.

As our Woolies is shut due to February floods I go there as I won't go to Coles if I can avoid it.

At that shop - Fresh & Save  - I take my groceries in the trolley to the back of the car & pack into Woolies bags they we keep in there.

I won't consider buying one of those things in your link until the myriad of Woolies bags we have are all rooted.

What tends to happen with us is as follows :

My husband throws all these green reusable cloth bags into 1 bag that looks similar but it's for cold/frozen stuff and he then throws that into the trolley. Once we're at the checkout he hands them over to the cashier and she places them onto this stand which allows her to scan and pack our shopping for us. Hubby then lifts the heavy packed bags into our trolley and takes all that to the car.  That means we don't need to use plastic bags which for some strange reason are made in Germany.

NB Yes I make sure he does all that heavy shopping lifting as I don't want to risk any episode of excruciating sciatica pain. 😩

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jun 29th, 2022 at 10:21am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 29th, 2022 at 12:22am:
Yep. A friend of my son worked there. The staff were sent on unpaid breaks whenever there was a lack of customers and all the other work, shelf filling etc. had been done.    Seems it was legal, but very unethical.

If you have nothing to do, going on an unpaid break would be ideal for both the worker and the store. In my case, we had a very quiet Saturday night. The manager asked if I wanted to go home early. Seeing that I have a couple of months worth of leave saved up, I applied for a 90-minute leave of absence so that I could get paid my minimum hours without having to work those hours.

When you are rostered for an 8 hour shift you expect to be paid for it, not told to take an hour or two off, unpaid then come back later. 

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jun 29th, 2022 at 10:35am

Gnads wrote on Jun 29th, 2022 at 9:09am:
Obviously you haven't read about similar observations elsewhere.

No, instead I've based my opinion on actual discussion with the check out people. When you're in there for 20 mins to do your shopping you don't see crap

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jun 29th, 2022 at 10:42am

Gnads wrote on Jun 29th, 2022 at 9:16am:

Phuk Aldi

you post myriads of articles about workers getting a fair go or the consumer getting a fair go.

They don't compete or outcompete the others without some dodgy business policies.

See Peccarhead ...maybe he could do some representation to FW over this unethical situation
at Aldi.

As I was saying before Peccar came to Aldis defense ... was they don't get to the top in the competition market without some dodgy practices.

Aldi are slightly better employers than Coles and Woolworths (in that they allow their workers to sit down), but they're still pretty bad.

They're very anti-union.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jun 29th, 2022 at 1:03pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 29th, 2022 at 10:35am:
Gnads wrote on Jun 29th, 2022 at 9:09am:
Obviously you haven't read about similar observations elsewhere.

No, instead I've based my opinion on actual discussion with the check out people. When you're in there for 20 mins to do your shopping you don't see crap

Ahh ... so not the Tellers? Grin

How the phuk would you know who I know & who I speak to in my city?

Assumption is all you have.

Anyways I don't have to believe you're being truthful.... as you seem to do with what I write.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jun 29th, 2022 at 1:04pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 29th, 2022 at 10:42am:
Gnads wrote on Jun 29th, 2022 at 9:16am:

Phuk Aldi

at Aldi.

Aldi are slightly better employers than Coles and Woolworths (in that they allow their workers to sit down), but they're still pretty bad.

They're very anti-union

That will do me TY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #38 - Jun 29th, 2022 at 1:48pm

Belgarion wrote on Jun 29th, 2022 at 10:21am:
When you are rostered for an 8 hour shift you expect to be paid for it, not told to take an hour or two off, unpaid then come back later. 

In my workplace, if you are working an over-rostered during a shift that has a lack of customers, the washing up is mostly done, the restaurant is near clean and your usual duties can be covered by the later shift workers, you can go home early. If you have excessive leave available, you can apply to have an hour or so applied to your day so that it covers your shift.

I also wait half an hour after my shift has started, if the business is not all that busy. It is not an issue for me because I can finish later. We have staff that work 8 to 10-hour shifts. They get a break at 4 hours. Half an hour and they can go have a light meal. It is alright conditions.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jun 29th, 2022 at 1:59pm

Gnads wrote on Jun 29th, 2022 at 1:03pm:
How the phuk would you know who I know & who I speak to in my city?

Assumption is all you have.

Anyways I don't have to believe you're being truthful.... as you seem to do with what I write.

I don't pretend to know who you talk to. But you said your knowledge comes from what you've seen when shopping. They were your words

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #40 - Jun 29th, 2022 at 8:45pm

There's good reasons why ALDI only has a small share of the Australian grocery market.
Too many imported products; too many crappy house brands; insufficient fresh meat and
vegetables ranges; no delicatessen; haphazard planogramming; slow checkouts and
self-packing; no self-serve terminals or express lanes.    Plus their prices aren't all that
crash-hot if you do your weekly specials catalogue trawling.

Statista, Consumer Goods & FMCG, Food & Nutrition, 2 April 2022.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print