Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll closed Poll
Question: Will you vote YES to a Voice to Parliament at the referendum?
*** This poll has now closed ***

YES    
  5 (35.7%)
NO    
  9 (64.3%)
INFORMAL    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 14
« Created by: Captain Nemo on: Jul 7th, 2022 at 10:18pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 39
Send Topic Print
Uluru Statement - here it is (Read 15870 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Uluru Statement - here it is
May 28th, 2022 at 5:44pm

https://ulurustatement.org/the-statement/view-the-statement/

Any thoughts......??????  I'll leave it with you for a while..... see what comes out of the woodwork....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Uluru Statement - here it is
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2022 at 8:02pm

Looks like the foundation of Aborigine Ownership of Australia as a whole after the British remove their Union Jack from the Australian Flag and wash their hands of any 'invasion' - now that they've gone home.

White people and all the other peoples from around the world who are here should BEND THE KNEE to the rightful rulers of this land and accept their true 'cultural' future... and 'God'.

If you don't. Then you're gonna need a gun, because the British Troopers won't protect you anymore and the Americans just want you to buy their guns and serve them instead of the British - like a good little 'dog' for the USA's warmongering.

BEND THE KNEE TO YOUR FUTURE AND RIGHTFUL CULTURAL RULERS!

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 28th, 2022 at 8:11pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 5:44pm:

Any thoughts......??????  I'll leave it with you for a while..... see what comes out of the woodwork....

Couldn't agree more.

If you believe in justice then, in the words of Martin Luther King jr, "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere".

If you believe in justice, then you must defend it everywhere.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 28th, 2022 at 8:49pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 8:11pm:

Couldn't agree more.

If you believe in justice then, in the words of Martin Luther King jr, "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere".

How do you see this injustice and justice working out?  That's the important question.  Start with how you see this injustice and what it is.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 28th, 2022 at 10:15pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 8:49pm:

Couldn't agree more.

How do you see this injustice and justice working out?  That's the important question.  Start with how you see this injustice and what it is.

If you commit, or would allow, injustice to be served on others, you have no right to expect protection from injustice when it's served on you.

Or: If you let it go around, don't bleat when it comes around.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 29th, 2022 at 8:34pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 10:15pm:

Couldn't agree more.

If you commit, or would allow, injustice to be served on others, you have no right to expect protection from injustice when it's served on you.

Fine philosophy, but what is it supposed to mean in context?

I asked you what this 'injustice' was and how you would fix it.... what has that to do with some vague concept of natural justie occurring as if by god like dictate?

― John Adams

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 29th, 2022 at 9:15pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 29th, 2022 at 8:34pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 10:15pm:

Couldn't agree more.

Fine philosophy, but what is it supposed to mean in context?

I asked you what this 'injustice' was and how you would fix it.... what has that to do with some vague concept of natural justie occurring as if by god like dictate?

Even your own posts here are evidence of consigning aboriginal people, by the dominant culture, to a permanent underclass.

I don't believe you're consciously culturally chauvinistic, you're just ignorant of your cultural chauvinism.

It's this endemic cultural chauvinism that allows the ignorance of dispossession to persist, which can only be addressed by a conscious statement that acknowledges the damage it's done and makes a commitment to a remedy.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 29th, 2022 at 9:27pm

Not going to state the injustice and how you see it being fixed, eh?

Trouble with a lot of you is that you always play the man and not the game..... emotionally charged comments do nothing but bring retaliation.....

I merely ask for information from you - you are the one reading so much into it..... you inability to offer anything is not my problem - nor are the things that afflict too many in Aboriginal communities..... I didn't cause them and I cannot fix them.... and this is as much my country as theirs, OK?

I have more part-Abo relatives than you - like Smith - do you even know one to speak to?  Or is all this flim-flammery just that?

How about you look at the actual statement and comment on it???  Too hard??

P.S.  the very vast majority of those who prepared this statement continue to live on their native area - where is the 'dispossession'? The major difference is they don't have to chase food and housing and clothing - it is provided via government support etc.

Your unwillingness to assist in clearing things up fully, due to some strange ideological commitment in your mind, is noted.
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2022 at 9:44pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 29th, 2022 at 9:45pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 29th, 2022 at 9:27pm:

Trouble with a lot of you is that you always play the man and not the game..... emotionally charged comments do nothing but bring retaliation.....

I merely ask for information from you - you are the one reading so much into it..... you inability to offer anything is not my problem - nor are the things that afflict too many in Aboriginal communities..... I didn't cause them and I cannot fix them.... and this is as much my country as theirs, OK?

I have more part-Abo relatives than you - like Smith - do you even know one to speak to?  Or is all this flim-flammery just that?

P.S.  the very vast majority of those who prepared this statement continue to live on their native area - where is the 'dispossession'?

The fact that you use the word 'Abo' indicates you are unaware that it is considered derogatory. You are ignorant.

Yes. I have worked with and know aboriginal people and those of aboriginal descent.

That 18th century explorers did not recognise sovereignty over (and thereby ownership of) the land by the native peoples of that land, in the absence of a government they could recognise, is a poor reason to allow that ignorance to persist; notwithstanding that they overlooked the status of sovereignty issue (or ownership) when it suited them (i.e. in New Zealand and in some parts of the United States and Canada) - not that it prevented 18th, 19th, and even 20th, century governors from appropriating land regardless of some form of recognition of ownership.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - May 29th, 2022 at 9:51pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on May 29th, 2022 at 9:45pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 29th, 2022 at 9:27pm:

P.S.  the very vast majority of those who prepared this statement continue to live on their native area - where is the 'dispossession'?

The fact that you use the word 'Abo' indicates you are unaware that it is considered derogatory. You are ignorant.

Yes. I have worked with and know aboriginal people and those of aboriginal descent.

That 18th century explorers did not recognise sovereignty over (and thereby ownership of) the land by the native peoples of that land, in the absence of a government they could recognise, is a poor reason to allow that ignorance to persist; notwithstanding that they overlooked the status of sovereignty issue (or ownership) when it suited them (i.e. in New Zealand and in some parts of the United States and Canada) - not that it prevented 18th, 19th, and even 20th, century governors from appropriating land regardless of some form of recognition of ownership.

Not at all - I use that term because people call me racist and bigot for discussing issues and facts.... we'll stop pissing in their Bovril when they stop sh1ttin in our boots, OK?

Name-calling is a puerile way of trying to stop discussion - I incite discussion by hitting back in kind and refusing to accept that a simple term is derogatory.... it's just short for Abo-riginal and is not derogatory like Niqqer or Coon (not the cheese - that's someone's family name) or Spade with a capital letter... or Slick... or Boong.....

Ya wanna discuss the issues in the Uluru Statement or do you just want to engage in a slanging match, Pilgrim?

I guess if you just keep stonewalling by name-calling and assumptions about others, you never have to look at the contradictions and absurdities in ideas such as this and policies and moves about certain groups without reference to the majority - in a democracy, no less.

― John Adams

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 29th, 2022 at 10:01pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 29th, 2022 at 9:51pm:
Not at all - I use that term because people call me racist and bigot for discussing issues and facts.... we'll stop pissing in their Bovril when they stop sh1ttin in our boots, OK?

Name-calling is a puerile way of trying to stop discussion - I incite discussion by hitting back in kind and refusing to accept that a simple term is derogatory.... it's just short for Abo-riginal and is not derogatory like Niqqer or Coon (not the cheese - that's someone's family name) or Spade with a capital letter... or Slick... or Boong.....

No. You are ignorant of your ethno-chauvinism.

The statement's core message is:

Our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander tribes were the first sovereign Nations of the Australian continent and its adjacent islands, and possessed it under our own laws and customs. This our ancestors did, according to the reckoning of our culture, from the Creation, according to the common law from ‘time immemorial’, and according to science more than 60,000 years ago.

This sovereignty is a spiritual notion: the ancestral tie between the land and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples who were born therefrom, remain attached thereto, and must one day return thither to be united with our ancestors. This link is the basis of the ownership of the soil, or better, of sovereignty. It has never been ceded or extinguished, and co-exists with the sovereignty of the Crown.

There is nothing in it I fundamentally disagree with.

How the First Nations Voice will be enshrined in the Constitution is up for debate and should be.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 29th, 2022 at 10:26pm

Whiny bullshit from a few disaffected, self appointed spokespeople who claim to be speaking for all Aboriginals when in fact they are only mouthpieces for the victimhood industry.  Roll Eyes

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Boris
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 29th, 2022 at 10:29pm

These people are in charge now

[/quote]

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 29th, 2022 at 10:34pm

Belgarion wrote on May 29th, 2022 at 10:26pm:

Whiny bullshit from a few disaffected, self appointed spokespeople who claim to be speaking for all Aboriginals when in fact they are only mouthpieces for the victimhood industry.  Roll Eyes

Similar was said of Vincent Lingiari and Eddie Mabo.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 29th, 2022 at 10:43pm

Only an absolute arsehat would have a problem with the Uluru Statement.

Naturally i expect pages of butthurt whining from the usual suspects on here.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 39
Send Topic Print