Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Prices take on Greens & Teals (Read 134 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Prices take on Greens & Teals
May 28th, 2022 at 11:32am

Jacinta Nampijinpa Price -

Quote:
It just goes to show that if you have enough money you can buy an election. Holmes A Court’s gang really should act with “transparency” and “integrity” now by making their teal party official.
The Greens have divided and conquered our nation through emotive identity politics, fear mongering over climate and gaslighting anyone who disagrees so the inner city elites now hold power.

The elite agenda is being set by the government who are beholden to the Greens so I’d say we’re in for a bumpy ride these next few years.

I’ll be sure to fight for the benefit of regional, remote Australia and common sense.

My priorities are about saving lives not grandiose acts of symbolism that amount to nothing more than patting one’s self on the back.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Re: Prices take on Greens & Teals
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2022 at 11:48am

She's right that more needs to be done, not simply the constitutional recognition.

But she's tied her cart to the wrong horse if she wants to see that change actually materialise.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 28th, 2022 at 1:28pm

Gnads wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 11:32am:
Jacinta Nampijinpa Price -

Quote:
It just goes to show that if you have enough money you can buy an election. Holmes A Court’s gang really should act with “transparency” and “integrity” now by making their teal party official.
The Greens have divided and conquered our nation through emotive identity politics, fear mongering over climate and gaslighting anyone who disagrees so the inner city elites now hold power.

The elite agenda is being set by the government who are beholden to the Greens so I’d say we’re in for a bumpy ride these next few years.

I’ll be sure to fight for the benefit of regional, remote Australia and common sense.

My priorities are about saving lives not grandiose acts of symbolism that amount to nothing more than patting one’s self on the back.

She is spot on.

There are at least 10 federal parliamentarians now who claim Aboriginality. That is  4.4% of the total 226 federal parliamentarians.  Is that not an indigineous voice in parliament???  If anything, Aborigines are overrepresented in parliament relative to their proportion in the population (3.3 %)
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2022 at 1:33pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - May 28th, 2022 at 3:20pm

SadKangaroo wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 11:48am:
She's right that more needs to be done, not simply the constitutional recognition.

But she's tied her cart to the wrong horse if she wants to see that change actually materialise.

Leaving that recognition aside - which is both unnecessary and undemocratic - what needs to be done and how would you want to implement it?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #4 - May 28th, 2022 at 5:21pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 3:20pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 11:48am:

Leaving that recognition aside - which is both unnecessary and undemocratic - what needs to be done and how would you want to implement it?

That's not a question for me as I'm not an indigenous Australian nor do I live in or near their communities.

And it's not undemocratic, it will require a referendum to have constitutional change.  You cannot get more democratic than that.  You're only using that word to describe it because you don't yet have a way of justifying what will inevitable be your prejudice on the subject.

And even if I had an answer, no matter what it is, you'll fish for an excuse to make sure none of your tax dollars goes to help them.

You've made your mind up and I won't claim to know what is driving that decision, although I could guess, you won't give your reasons until you can see the justification from others so you can invent them to suit the situation.

We know your game.

You're in the right place to hold the views you do about indigenous Australians.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print