Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Dutton the SuperChampion (Read 2004 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Dutton the SuperChampion
May 28th, 2022 at 12:42am

He should have been the Leader well before the election.

Oh well, the MAN is there now.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Dutton the SuperChampion
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2022 at 1:42am

Male pattern baldness is now a 'medical problem'?

It's a sign that growing balls is not as important as growing hair...... many a politician could learn that.... though many have grown hair on their palms...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2022 at 10:07am

Not even a week in and he's already #DuttoFromMarketing.

They're trying too hard to soften his image because, and I don't know how this is even possible, he's even less popular than Morrison.

All you closeted homosexuals so obsessed with toughness, strength and alphas, you're a small small minority of those who see anything admirable in him in terms of leadership.

He'll be a great campaigner from Opposition, there's no doubt about that, but the last time we had that person at the helm of the Liberal party it proved those skills were great during an election campaign if all you care about is winning, but they don't translate to good leadership and the cost of winning was putting the country a decade behind.

Like Abbott, Dutton won't last long in the leadership should the people fall for the spin.

But look at the pathway they've signalled with Dutton at the helm.

They can't win office again without getting the seats back they lost to the teals. 

Dutton in leadership leaves no doubt in anyone's mind that they'll not attempt to do that by becoming more moderate and entice those who would vote for teals to come back to the fold.  No, they're going hard right.

And with the Nat's now being unmuzzled because they're technically not in Coalition until they sign a new agreement when forming the next Government, they're not going to be pro-action on climate change any time soon.

So we're going to have 3 years of basically coal lobbyists running the Libs with them publicly lying about climate change and fighting everything Labor will attempt to do to address it.

They'll continue lying about their record, and the state of the economy and put the blame for all of it, even the parts they claimed were "not my job" when they were in power, it will all be Labor's fault.

Pepper your angus friends, Dutton the front bottom will lead the Libs to hunger for a return to power so much that they'll happily destroy the country to get there.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 28th, 2022 at 10:36am

SadKangaroo wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 10:07am:

They're trying too hard to soften his image because, and I don't know how this is even possible, he's even less popular than Morrison.

All you closeted homosexuals so obsessed with toughness, strength and alphas, you're a small small minority of those who see anything admirable in him in terms of leadership.

He'll be a great campaigner from Opposition, there's no doubt about that, but the last time we had that person at the helm of the Liberal party it proved those skills were great during an election campaign if all you care about is winning, but they don't translate to good leadership and the cost of winning was putting the country a decade behind.

Like Abbott, Dutton won't last long in the leadership should the people fall for the spin.

They can't win office again without getting the seats back they lost to the teals. 

Dutton in leadership leaves no doubt in anyone's mind that they'll not attempt to do that by becoming more moderate and entice those who would vote for teals to come back to the fold.  No, they're going hard right.

And with the Nat's now being unmuzzled because they're technically not in Coalition until they sign a new agreement when forming the next Government, they're not going to be pro-action on climate change any time soon.

So we're going to have 3 years of basically coal lobbyists running the Libs with them publicly lying about climate change and fighting everything Labor will attempt to do to address it.

They'll continue lying about their record, and the state of the economy and put the blame for all of it, even the parts they claimed were "not my job" when they were in power, it will all be Labor's fault.

Pepper your angus friends, Dutton the front bottom will lead the Libs to hunger for a return to power so much that they'll happily destroy the country to get there.

Action on climate.

I hear it parroted but what it actually demands is unclear to even the parrots.  Like net zero by [your arbitrary date half a dozen parliamentary terms from now here], climate action is shorthand for "strike some attitudes while simultaneously pouting, wringing hands and preening virtuously, repeating banalities". That's way too long a description of the psychology, so just parrot climate action, net zero.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #4 - May 28th, 2022 at 10:42am

Frank wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 10:36am:

Action on climate.

I hear it parroted but what it actually demands is unclear to even the parrots.  Like net zero by [your arbitrary date half a dozen parliamentary terms from now here], climate action is shorthand for "strike some attitudes while simultaneously pouting, wringing hands and preening virtuously, repeating banalities". That's way too long a description of the psychology, so just parrot climate action, net zero.

The country wants meaningful action on climate change that won't kill the economy.

It's possible, but the Libs were paid not to do it, and it cost them government.

They've made it clear with Dutton's appointment, they're not going to back down and accept what the country voted for, so they'll spend the next 3 years burning the place down.

Hopefully not as literally as their last time in office.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 28th, 2022 at 10:46am

SadKangaroo wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 10:42am:

Action on climate.

The country wants meaningful action on climate change that won't kill the economy.

It's possible, but the Libs were paid not to do it, and it cost them government.

They've made it clear with Dutton's appointment, they're not going to back down and accept what the country voted for, so they'll spend the next 3 years burning the place down.

Meaningful action.  Hmmm. Like half a dozen nuclear power plants? Like 3-4 new hydro electric power stations?

Or just massive subsidies for Chinese solar panels and wind turbines?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 28th, 2022 at 10:48am

Sprintcyclist wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 12:42am:

I agree.

If he had, Labor would have won at least 85 seats.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 28th, 2022 at 4:31pm

Excellent news

With Dutton as opposition leader, Albanese will be PM for at least two terms Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - May 28th, 2022 at 5:05pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 10:48am:

I agree.

If he had, Labor would have won at least 85 seats.

hahahahahhaha,
Thanks  Smiley

IP Logged

macman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #9 - May 28th, 2022 at 7:17pm

I see the potato man is demanding labor explain to the people their reason for letting the sri lankan  family go back to their home as this decision will start boat people again. So can I assume that if the boats do not start again, the libs will explain why they persecuted this family for so many years and destroyed their lives?

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #10 - May 28th, 2022 at 7:39pm

True enough

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - May 28th, 2022 at 7:55pm

That's because (Roo'ted) Politics in the Regions of Sahul, Namerica, Samerica & Middle-East are for the ALPHA males.

...whereas, in Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania - Politics is for the Alpha females.

Alpha males in the right place: Morrison, Dutton, Trump.
Beta males in the wrong place: Biden, Albanese.
Beta females in the wrong place: Gillard, Pelosi, Hillary, Harris.

...because in Australia/Namerica: Alpha females are in the Media, Sport, Medicine to name a few - not Politics.
Even though women in Politics try to use 'the Media' to empower their political standing, the fact is that the Beta 'Media' Left are corrupting Politics.

ScoMo was Pro-Politics, not Pro-Media.
But the Media has another DOPEY lackey in Albanese in Politics now, just like they have DOPEY Biden.

As Christopher Pyne once said "It's all just one big Media Show"...just before he resigned, fed up with it all.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - May 28th, 2022 at 7:58pm

Dutton was a cop.
He'll know how to grill Albanese in parliament during question time.
It will be a 3 year long interrogation of Albanese.
Will Albo be able to cope?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - May 28th, 2022 at 8:04pm

Who would you want to deal with Putin & Xi?
Dopey Albanese or Evil Voldermort?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - May 28th, 2022 at 9:30pm

macman wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 7:17pm:
I see the potato man is demanding labor explain to the people their reason for letting the sri lankan  family go back to their home as this decision will start boat people again. So can I assume that if the boats do not start again, the libs will explain why they persecuted this family for so many years and destroyed their lives?   

Do you mean the fake refugees who lied on their visa applications?

IBI

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #15 - May 28th, 2022 at 10:13pm

Quote:
Dutton the SuperChampion

Absolutely pukeworthy.

The guy is a prawn.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - May 28th, 2022 at 11:29pm

The Howard, Abbott, Bushitler, Trump derangement kids have their next man to be completely deranged about.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - May 29th, 2022 at 3:07am

Dutton is the only politician around who can stop this country from becoming a totally poofterised pansy pussy whipped nanny pandering politically correct country full of sheep and do-gooders, gay mardi gras yay, homo marriage yay most vaxed yay most goverened yay most invaded yay because we are already the most poofterised pansy pussy whipped nanny pandering politically correct country in the world now led by a PC un-Australian lesbian.

Dutton is a champ.
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2022 at 3:13am by Johnnie »  

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #18 - May 29th, 2022 at 4:08am

VOLDERMORT is a legend.

Dopey Albanese is going to damage this country,
like Dopey Biden has done to the USA.

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 29th, 2022 at 10:24am

What damage has biden done (wrong)?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 29th, 2022 at 12:04pm

stunspore wrote on May 29th, 2022 at 10:24am:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #21 - May 29th, 2022 at 12:34pm

Looking at the remaining Liberals, Dutton is probably their only choice at the moment.   I think he will be there keeping the seat warm until a better choice comes along.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - May 29th, 2022 at 1:21pm

Hi Stunspore - thanks for asking a sensible question with no abuse or sarcasm.
It is appreciated.

A bit off topic from me, I think a lot of the aggression in the US politics stems from the President being able to make Executive orders.
Without it being voted on by the government.

Trump did it, Obama did it, Biden did it.

Under Trump there was low unemployment, the US was a net energy exporter.
Some of bidens Executive orders have made the US a net energy importer, with rising unemployment.

Take care

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #23 - May 29th, 2022 at 5:21pm

Bobby. wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 7:58pm:
Dutton was a cop.

The difference is as a corrupt cop, he had all the power.  As the leader of the party that lost, he's just another MP who admittedly will have the bulk of the media behind him, but it's been like that for the last 20 years and it's nothing new to Labor.

What Albo needs to do is not make the same mistakes Rudd did.  Don't reach out across the aisle. 

Cleanse the public service of all Coalition appointees and for those on term limits, keep a close eye on them and have a replacement ready the second their term is up.

Time to play the game like the Coalition does.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 29th, 2022 at 5:26pm

SadKangaroo wrote on May 29th, 2022 at 5:21pm:
Dutton was a cop.

The difference is as a corrupt cop, he had all the power.  As the leader of the party that lost, he's just another MP who admittedly will have the bulk of the media behind him, but it's been like that for the last 20 years and it's nothing new to Labor.

What Albo needs to do is not make the same mistakes Rudd did.  Don't reach out across the aisle. 

Cleanse the public service of all Coalition appointees and for those on term limits, keep a close eye on them and have a replacement ready the second their term is up.

defamation  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 29th, 2022 at 5:27pm

Dnarever wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 10:13pm:
Quote:
Dutton the SuperChampion

Absolutely pukeworthy.

The guy is a prawn.

well reasoned arguement.

its certainly food for thought that may make me change my opinion of Peter

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #26 - May 29th, 2022 at 5:29pm

aquascoot wrote on May 29th, 2022 at 5:26pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on May 29th, 2022 at 5:21pm:
Dutton was a cop.

defamation  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Let him sue.  Bring the attention of the world to this place and hold all the racists to account, named and shamed.

Nobody here ever lifts a finger to stop it.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - May 29th, 2022 at 5:32pm

SadKangaroo wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 10:42am:

Action on climate.

lol, energy security IS economic security

Over the last decade, journalists have held up Germany’s renewables energy transition, the Energiewende, as an environmental model for the world.

“Many poor countries, once intent on building coal-fired power plants to bring electricity to their people, are discussing whether they might leapfrog the fossil age and build clean grids from the outset,” thanks to the Energiewende, wrote a New York Times reporter in 2014.

With Germany as inspiration, the United Nations and World Bank poured billions into renewables like wind, solar, and hydro in developing nations like Kenya.

But then, last year, Germany was forced to acknowledge that it had to delay its phase-out of coal, and would not meet its 2020 greenhouse gas reduction commitments. It announced plans to bulldoze an ancient church and forest in order to get at the coal underneath it.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 29th, 2022 at 5:34pm

But Germany didn’t just fall short of its climate targets. Its emissions have flat-lined since 2009.

Now comes a major article in the country’s largest newsweekly magazine, Der Spiegel, titled, “A Botched Job in Germany” ("Murks in Germany"). The magazine’s cover shows broken wind turbines and incomplete electrical transmission towers against a dark silhouette of Berlin.

“The Energiewende — the biggest political project since reunification — threatens to fail,” write Der Spiegel’s Frank Dohmen, Alexander Jung, Stefan Schultz, Gerald Traufetter in their a 5,700-word investigative story.

Over the past five years alone, the Energiewende has cost Germany €32 billion ($36 billion) annually, and opposition to renewables is growing in the German countryside.

“The politicians fear citizen resistance” Der Spiegel reports. “There is hardly a wind energy project that is not fought.”

In response, politicians sometimes order “electrical lines be buried underground but that is many times more expensive and takes years longer.”

As a result, the deployment of renewables and related transmission lines is slowing rapidly. Less than half as many wind turbines (743) were installed in 2018 as were installed in 2017, and just 30 kilometers of new transmission were added in 2017.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - May 29th, 2022 at 7:12pm

Dutton will join Snedden, Peacock and Nelson as the first Liberal leader after an election loss. None of them ever became PM.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #30 - May 29th, 2022 at 7:17pm

Frank wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 11:29pm:
The Howard, Abbott, Bushitler, Trump derangement kids have their next man to be completely deranged about.

Many people have been saying what a poor leadership option he would be for several years. This fact based criticism is not new.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #31 - May 29th, 2022 at 7:17pm

The 'damage' is that Biden (and now Albanese) are Media puppets. Dopey examples of the Media's corruption of Politics in America and Australia.

Let's get this straight. The Media is primarily the ENTERTAINMENT industry. Kings are Masters of Ceremony, Emperors are Masters of Military. Presidents are Masters of Politics.

The Media (Entertainment) is like Europe exploiting North America, Australia and South America for the priority of itself and Africa and Asia. The Media in America is the North (Blue Yankee) and South (Grey Confed) which is like Vikings of the north and Romans of the South in Europe. Neither one, truly 'Western' eh.
Basically, the Media (where the females are proving to be more Alpha professional than the males) in Nth America and Australia - in the hands of the Beta Males is corrupting Politics (and even Art).

Europe (Media) and its pawn Nth American and Australian versions - have no vested interest except exploitation for the benefits of itself and Asia (yellow people) and Africa (black people), to which it seems more focused upon while crying racism and culturalism for both.

What Religion did to the Old Worlds of Europe, Asia and Africa - the Media (of Oceania as well) is doing to North America, South America and Australia (New Worlds).

So now we are in an era of 4-5 years where the Media has a strangle hold on Australian and Nth American Politics (and Art too I'm sure) and hence why the strong Alpha female Media movement... which is sadly spilling over into Politics like an over-achiever.

IP Logged

Labor majority government
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - May 29th, 2022 at 7:39pm

Grin

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #33 - May 29th, 2022 at 7:46pm

It's a 'limited' world of limited outcomes.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #34 - May 29th, 2022 at 10:46pm

38.5% of Australians prefer Treasurer Josh Frydenberg to lead the L-NP Government, clearly ahead of current Prime Minister Scott Morrison (31%) and Defence Minister Peter Dutton (12.5%) while 2% named someone else and 16% had no preference.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/22/peter-dutton-firms-as-nex...

A few weeks ago Peter Dutton would have been contemplating, in the event of the Morrison government’s likely defeat, contesting the Liberal leadership against Josh Frydenberg and probably losing.

Instead, he’s set to walk unopposed into the job at Monday’s Liberal meeting.                        

A shattered parliamentary party has nowhere else to go

https://theconversation.com/view-from-the-hill-peter-dutton-faces-his-own-long-m...

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #35 - May 29th, 2022 at 11:10pm

Jasin wrote on May 29th, 2022 at 7:17pm:

The 'damage' is that Biden (and now Albanese) are Media puppets. Dopey examples of the Media's corruption of Politics in America and Australia.

Let's get this straight. The Media is primarily the ENTERTAINMENT industry. Kings are Masters of Ceremony, Emperors are Masters of Military. Presidents are Masters of Politics.

The Media (Entertainment) is like Europe exploiting North America, Australia and South America for the priority of itself and Africa and Asia. The Media in America is the North (Blue Yankee) and South (Grey Confed) which is like Vikings of the north and Romans of the South in Europe. Neither one, truly 'Western' eh.
Basically, the Media (where the females are proving to be more Alpha professional than the males) in Nth America and Australia - in the hands of the Beta Males is corrupting Politics (and even Art).

Europe (Media) and its pawn Nth American and Australian versions - have no vested interest except exploitation for the benefits of itself and Asia (yellow people) and Africa (black people), to which it seems more focused upon while crying racism and culturalism for both.

What Religion did to the Old Worlds of Europe, Asia and Africa - the Media (of Oceania as well) is doing to North America, South America and Australia (New Worlds).

So now we are in an era of 4-5 years where the Media has a strangle hold on Australian and Nth American Politics (and Art too I'm sure) and hence why the strong Alpha female Media movement... which is sadly spilling over into Politics like an over-achiever.

Quote:
The 'damage' is that Biden (and now Albanese) are Media puppets.

There is a tiny amount of irrelevant truth here.

The primary issue is that the other alternatives in the respective elections were much worse cases of the same thing.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #36 - May 30th, 2022 at 12:26am

Should have stuck with Scumo and Voldermort then.

Politics has never looked more 'stupid' than with Biden and now Albanese. But the 'Media' likes it that way, eh.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - May 30th, 2022 at 7:08am

Did his work mates really leave dog food on his desk when he retired from police force

Ouch

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - May 30th, 2022 at 8:04am

I agree, the far right scum bag who likes to kill brown and gay people will lead the Liberals further into oblivion.  Happy days, the liberal party is OVER.  I'm told more moderate Liberals are thinking of starting a new party

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - May 30th, 2022 at 8:04am

Labor majority government wrote on May 30th, 2022 at 7:08am:
Did his work mates really leave dog food on his desk when he retired from police force

Ouch

How does a cop make $300 million dollars? not legally

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - May 30th, 2022 at 10:23am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 30th, 2022 at 8:04am:

I agree, the far right scum bag who likes to kill brown and gay people will lead the Liberals further into oblivion.  Happy days, the liberal party is OVER.  I'm told more moderate Liberals are thinking of starting a new party

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

'I'm told'....  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - May 30th, 2022 at 10:50am

Frank wrote on May 30th, 2022 at 10:23am:

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yeah, there's credible reports but I can hardly claim to know first hand

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #42 - May 30th, 2022 at 6:24pm

It's got to be concerning when a member of the LNP (Stuart Robert) tells Australia that you can't judge Peter Dutton on his words or actions.

Then what the hell are you supposed to judge him on? His fashion sense?

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - May 30th, 2022 at 6:58pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 30th, 2022 at 10:50am:
Frank wrote on May 30th, 2022 at 10:23am:

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yeah, there's credible reports but I can hardly claim to know first hand

So you are NOT told.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #44 - May 30th, 2022 at 7:19pm

Raven wrote on May 30th, 2022 at 6:24pm:
It's got to be concerning when a member of the LNP (Stuart Robert) tells Australia that you can't judge Peter Dutton on his words or actions.

If everything else fails he can do potato Scallops.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #45 - May 30th, 2022 at 7:26pm

Jasin wrote on May 30th, 2022 at 12:26am:
Should have stuck with Scumo and Voldermort then.

Politics has never looked more 'stupid' than with Biden and now Albanese. But the 'Media' likes it that way, eh.

You know you've got nothing when that's all you can cling to.

Cry some more bitch Smiley

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #46 - May 30th, 2022 at 7:28pm

Labor majority government wrote on May 30th, 2022 at 7:08am:

Ouch

Apparently they in fact did.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - May 30th, 2022 at 8:08pm

I like this one

Pay particular attention to the window  Grin Grin

dutton.JPG (72 KB | 3 )
dutton.JPG

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #48 - May 30th, 2022 at 8:09pm

Devolution

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - May 30th, 2022 at 8:56pm

Susan Ley as deputy .. does anyone actually remember why she was booted to the back bench ?

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - May 30th, 2022 at 10:08pm

So many farkwits, so little time.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - May 30th, 2022 at 10:40pm

Dutton is going to be a very effective opposition leader. He will demolish Albo, the Greens and the teals within a year. Easily.

But I dont think that a Dutton/Leys ticket is electable. 

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #52 - May 30th, 2022 at 10:48pm

Frank wrote on May 30th, 2022 at 10:40pm:
Dutton is going to be a very effective opposition leader. He will demolish Albo, the Greens and the teals within a year. Easily.

I hope you are right but we have all been surprised by the depth of right wing stupidity many times.

Just remember that they did in fact vote for Abbott.

Remember that "the suppository of all wisdom" - like WOW they really did do that to us.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #53 - May 30th, 2022 at 10:52pm

Is Dutton,  Voldemort?

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #54 - May 31st, 2022 at 12:23am

It's a shame that the whiney little bitches see an effective opposition leader as being one who will destroy the Government.

This is why Albo needs to not make the mistakes Rudd did and don't reach out to the other side.

Knife all their appointees, and those that can't be removed because of their terms, strip them of as much power as possible and keep an eye on them.

The Libs do it every single time, it's time Labor played by their rules.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #55 - May 31st, 2022 at 12:33am

It will be a while till we know for sure about Dutton but it does not look at all promising based on his performance to data.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - May 31st, 2022 at 6:52am

SadKangaroo wrote on May 31st, 2022 at 12:23am:

It's a shame that the whiney little bitches see an effective opposition leader as being one who will destroy the Government.

This is why Albo needs to not make the mistakes Rudd did and don't reach out to the other side.

Knife all their appointees, and those that can't be removed because of their terms, strip them of as much power as possible and keep an eye on them.

The Libs do it every single time, it's time Labor played by their rules.

Nailed it

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - May 31st, 2022 at 7:07am

Liberal MP Stuart Robert
says you shouldn't judge people on their personal views and
Peter Dutton
is a
warm-hearted, competent individual
who will steer a sound policy set as Liberal Leader.

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/stuart-robert:-you-cant-...

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - May 31st, 2022 at 7:29am

buzzanddidj wrote on May 31st, 2022 at 7:07am:

Liberal MP Stuart Robert
Peter Dutton
is a

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/stuart-robert:-you-cant-...

HAHAHAA!! That's as funny as his wife saying he's a lovely man

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #59 - May 31st, 2022 at 10:30am

Bobby. wrote on May 30th, 2022 at 10:52pm:

No Behind Voldemort is a competent actor.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #60 - May 31st, 2022 at 10:34am

Liberal MP Stuart Robert
Peter Dutton
is a

Quote:
Peter Dutton is a warm-hearted, competent individual

Why would the Liberals change course so drastically this time ? Difficult to believe.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #61 - May 31st, 2022 at 10:38am

"Voldemort only wanted to kill one child" -- someone from Have You Been Paying Attention.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - May 31st, 2022 at 11:18am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 31st, 2022 at 10:38am:
"Voldemort only wanted to kill one child" -- someone from Have You Been Paying Attention.

Laughed my arse off Smiley

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - May 31st, 2022 at 11:23am

The reality is that's as good as it gets , liberals are bereft on any talent and those that come even close will most likely be tainted by a federal ICAC

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #64 - May 31st, 2022 at 1:38pm

Labor majority government wrote on May 31st, 2022 at 11:23am:
The reality is that's as good as it gets , liberals are bereft on any talent and those that come even close will most likely be tainted by a federal ICAC

It's worse than that.  They're suffering from survivorship bias.

The moderates lost their seats, the dinosaurs didn’t. Therefore, we need more dinosaurs, because they’re strong.

They've, as usual, learned the wrong lesson.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 8:41am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 31st, 2022 at 7:29am:

Liberal MP Stuart Robert
Peter Dutton
is a

I feel for the makeover artists,
reinvention team
(perhaps they could check with Madonna ?)
and
spin doctors
given the near impossible task of
re-inventing Peter Dutton
as
warm, cuddly
and
honest

SPEAKING of "
honesty
"
-
Peter Dutton
's self diagnosis of "alopecia" is untrue 

Alopecia - an auto-immune disease that expels ALL hair,
including eyebrows, armpits and pubes
(try and unsee THAT image)

Little Britain's Matt Lucas is a classic case - and it hits quite quickly

Peter Dutton
"suffers" from "Male pattern baldness"

This is a natural part of aging - and happens to over 50% of males his age, slowly, over several decades

It BEGINS - as early as late 20's

But
"I'm going bald"
is not going to garner the same sympathy as
"I have an auto-immune disease"

-
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2022 at 1:55pm by buzzanddidj »  

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 8:43am

buzzanddidj wrote on Jun 1st, 2022 at 8:41am:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 31st, 2022 at 7:29am:

Liberal MP Stuart Robert
Peter Dutton
is a

https://www.celebnest.com/uploads/celebs/28/peter_dutton.jpg

I feel for the makeover artists,
reinvention team
(perhaps they could check with Madonna ?)
and
spin doctors
given the near impossible task of
re-inventing Peter Dutton
as
warm, cuddly
and
honest

SPEAKING of "
honesty
"
-
Peter Dutton
's self diagnosis of "alopecia" is untrue 

Alopecia - an auto-immune disease that expels ALL hair,
including eyebrows, armpits and pubes
(try and unsee THAT image)

Little Britain's Matt Lucas is a classic case - and it hits quite quickly

Peter Dutton
"suffers" from "Male pattern baldness"

This is a natural part of aging - and happens to over 50% of males his age, slowly, over several decades

It BEGINS - as early as late 20's

https://d3lp4xedbqa8a5.cloudfront.net/s3/digital-cougar-assets/now/2018/08/23/15...

But
"I'm going bald"
is not going to garner the same sympathy as
"I have an auto-immune disease"

-

I just assumed that being evil rots the soul.....

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #67 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 1:20pm

Being Bald is by far the least of Mr Potato Heads problems.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 3:40pm

Moldevort..... it was cruel to call him Voldemort so let's be nice... the Shrek-like cartoons are no good.... I like Shrek, Don-kay!!

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 3:43pm

How about - "I'm a sex addict"??  Will that help...? Didn't do too well for Bill Clinton - a journo responded 'We all are' ......

**chuckles at the thought of Wee Johnnie Howard copping a B from Monica**....

― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 3:54pm

It was National Potato Day in Peru on Monday.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 4:08pm

Liberal MP Stuart Robert
Peter Dutton
is a

Unfortunately Stuart Robert is my local MP. As best as I can tell, he has the brain of a gnat.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 4:22pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 1st, 2022 at 3:40pm:
Moldevort..... it was cruel to call him Voldemort so let's be nice... the Shrek-like cartoons are no good.... I like Shrek, Don-kay!!

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 8:42pm

Don't you love how the libs wanted 18c repealed because it was all about free speech but then we have the likes of Dutton claim defamation of character for a tweet , which he lost on appeal . Then we wanted religious freedoms , would the real woke party please stand up ...

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 8:43pm

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 8:43pm

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 8:59pm

He scraped in , you seriously think Dutton is the answer  Grin

Be honest

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Jun 1st, 2022 at 9:30pm

Labor majority government wrote on Jun 1st, 2022 at 8:42pm:
Don't you love how the libs wanted 18c repealed because it was all about free speech but then we have the likes of Dutton claim defamation of character for a tweet , which he lost on appeal . Then we wanted religious freedoms , would the real woke party please stand up ...

Confusion reigns... tsk, tsk   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Jun 2nd, 2022 at 8:03am

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Jun 2nd, 2022 at 8:10am

Frank wrote on Jun 1st, 2022 at 9:30pm:
Labor majority government wrote on Jun 1st, 2022 at 8:42pm:

Confusion reigns... tsk, tsk   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

They right say free speech and mean their right to lie and hate unopposed.  They HATE people standing up to them

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #80 - Jun 2nd, 2022 at 8:43am

You must surely be kidding.

He visually reminds me of Paul Keating 😩

And for added effect ... he looks unwell (like he's recovering from serious cancer).

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Jun 2nd, 2022 at 8:54am

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 2nd, 2022 at 8:43am:

You must surely be kidding.

He visually reminds me of Paul Keating 😩

And for added effect ... he looks unwell (like he's recovering from serious cancer).

You'd be One Nation, yeah? Fraser Anning when he was there?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Jun 2nd, 2022 at 9:09am

Remember, you succeed in politics by winning ­arguments, not by running away from them. Support good policy and oppose bad policy but don’t try to make bad policy less bad to appease some vested interest or to pander to political correctness. Conviction is everything.
Avoid essentially theological arguments about whether the party should be more left or more right. That’s because the party has always been relatively liberal or conservative depending on circumstances. In response to self-serving demands by people like NSW Treasurer Matt Kean to ape the Greens to win back teal seats (even though it was dripping wet “modern Liberals” that lost them), shrewdly, Dutton pointed out his job was not to lead the “moderate party” or the “conservative party” but “the Liberal Party”.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commentary/the-10-rules-of-opposition-if-you-want-to-win/news-story/0722e3886f2a9ae25a3b2a5588256fc8

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Jun 2nd, 2022 at 9:24am

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Jun 2nd, 2022 at 8:55pm

Having only being in parliament for 21 years Australian's haven't had the chance to see the real me

Peter Dutton

Goodness me  Cheesy

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Jun 2nd, 2022 at 8:56pm

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Jun 2nd, 2022 at 8:56pm

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #87 - Jun 3rd, 2022 at 7:13am

Dutton will never take the Liberals to an election. If he
were to, it'd grant instant victory to Labor, regardless of
who was in the hot seat.  The party installed him as a
disposable stop-gap, as they know that they won't be
facing a winnable election for at least another six years.

Dutton's ego blinds him to that LOL.

(I posted a funny Dutton cartoon, but the site won't accept
posting images until I've made 100 posts.    Why is that?)

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Jun 3rd, 2022 at 7:36am

AusGeoff wrote on Jun 3rd, 2022 at 7:13am:
Dutton will never take the Liberals to an election. If he
were to, it'd grant instant victory to Labor, regardless of
who was in the hot seat.  The party installed him as a
disposable stop-gap, as they know that they won't be
facing a winnable election for at least another six years.

Dutton's ego blinds him to that LOL.

(I posted a funny Dutton cartoon, but the site won't accept
posting images until I've made 100 posts.    Why is that?)

It's a rule the site owners set, obviously.  I just did 100 and I was away Smiley

Yeah, Dutton is far right garbage and I hope they keep him there, to kill them forever

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Jun 3rd, 2022 at 5:10pm

AusGeoff wrote on Jun 3rd, 2022 at 7:13am:
  Why is that?)

I think it's to stop people joining up just to advertise their products.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #90 - Jun 3rd, 2022 at 5:14pm

Voldemort demands Tanya Plibersek apologise for ‘hurtful’ comparisons to Peter Dutton

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Jun 3rd, 2022 at 5:15pm

Voldemort demands Tanya Plibersek apologise for ‘hurtful’ comparisons to Peter Dutton

« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2022 at 5:21pm by random »  

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Jun 3rd, 2022 at 5:21pm

I hope Dutton is the opposition leader 4 eva.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Jun 3rd, 2022 at 5:26pm

Typical.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #94 - Jun 3rd, 2022 at 8:48pm

Voldermort would be a great pain in the arse for Xi and China.

Instead we give China Dopey Albanese to play with. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Jun 3rd, 2022 at 9:50pm

He's a dead ringer and was a fierce advocate for 18c repeal , them went on to put the defamation of character card .. which he lost on appeal

Beautiful just beautiful

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Jun 3rd, 2022 at 9:55pm

When Tony went to the right he won by 27 seats.

When Turnbull went to the left he won by 1 seat.

When ScoMo went Turnbull light he lost.
Pretty clear why ScoMo lost he was never going to get the leftist vote.

Dutton will move policy back to the right so Liberals will probably win after Labor and the Greens bugger things up over the next couple of years.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Jun 3rd, 2022 at 11:01pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 3rd, 2022 at 8:48pm:
Voldermort would be a great pain in the arse for Xi and China.

Instead we give China Dopey Albanese to play with. Roll Eyes

What's Dutton gonna threaten China with , a population of 26 million and a military that would be wiped out in about 6 seconds ? The Chinese are already choking supply, hence why you struggle to build a house  and slapping tarriffs on left right and centre . I can guarantee people that trade with China could not wait to see the back of liberal party , let the diplomats handle the finer details behind closed doors , we dont need some moron on telly beating their chest for a sky news headline

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print