Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Who will replace Anal Albanese? (Read 1067 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Who will replace Anal Albanese?
Reply #30 - May 27th, 2022 at 11:46am

Mattyfisk wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:34am:
Frank wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 11:06pm:
Labor majority government wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 10:56pm:
Frank wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 10:48pm:
AN tony AL banesi  - Australia has an anal Albanian PM.

How good is Australia?

HOw guDDa is STrayA

I bElieVe in mIRaCooLs

You know the rest , suck it up princess you got ya arse absolutely handed to ya and will be opposition for a very very very very long time  Smiley

But I will never be an An....  Al....  Albanian.

Early election before the 3 years are out. The Albanian guy has no majority, only way too many hostile and resentful crossbencher repudiaters.  He won't last.

He had fewer primary votes than the coalition.  He is the non-elected PM.

Just so, old boy. Youre a li... A lib...

Sorry, would a capital L help?

You can trade it in for a c... if this helps.

It wont be easy under albanese.

Power prices to surge up to 18.3 per cent as energy market turmoil flows through to households

But power retailers have pushed for a big bump in tariffs this year as costs soar in the face of moves to fast-track the exit of coal-fired plants, unexpected generator outages and international unrest.
In a fresh blow to households dealing with surging costs of living, the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) has decided to pass on hefty increases to a benchmark power price.

The tariffs, known as default market offers, will rise between 8.5 per cent and 18.3 per cent in New South Wales, up to 12.6 per cent in south-east Queensland and 9.5 per cent in South Australia.

Small business customers will also be affected by the changes, with so-called standing offer prices rising up to 13.5 per cent.

The increases, to come into effect from July, amount to more than $250 a year in some cases based on Australian Competition and Consumer Commission figures putting the average residential electricity bill at $1,434.

Your ABC

The sad truth: small nuclear reactors would get us to carbon neutral

Every four days the world emits the equivalent of Australia’s annual contribution to global CO2 emissions. If Australia were to vanish from the Earth, China would cancel out the subsequent annual reduction in our carbon footprint in just one month.

The sad truth is if it were not for environmental activists of the 1960s and ’70s we’d be much closer to being carbon neutral today. Before they cared about global warming and climate change, environmentalists were antinuclear. If they had not successfully campaigned for the closure of nuclear plants across the US and Europe, the world would be less reliant on coal today.

This is true for Australia as well. From the 1950s onwards several nuclear plants were proposed for development but none of them got off the ground because of lack of public support.

In 2006, John Howard as prime minister commissioned a report that concluded that nuclear power was a good option for Australia. This report proposed that the first station could have been built within 10 years, with 25 stations delivered by 2050. This would have provided Australia with a third of our baseload power. Not long after this policy proposal was released, Queensland’s Labor government rushed to pass antinuclear legislation.

If Howard’s policy proposal had not been stymied, we already would have our first nuclear plant in operation in Australia and we would be on track for many more.

When teal independents and Greens slam the Liberal Party for its lack of action on climate change, they ought to remember this. If the Howard government’s push for nuclear energy had not been slapped down before it had a chance to get off the ground, we could have made significant progress towards a clean energy future.
Claire Lehmann

« Last Edit: May 27th, 2022 at 11:58am by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #31 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:38pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 8:09pm:
Jason Clare.

I've been telling you this for more than three years now.

It's gotta be Jason Clare.

Jason is the best fit.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Who will replace Albanese, if necessary?
Reply #32 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:42pm

Lisa Jones wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:38pm:
Jason Clare.

Jason is the best fit.

I'm willing to give Albo a go for a couple of years, but if he turns out to be a dud then Clare is the best choice to replace him.

He's relatively young, good looking, experienced, intelligent, articulate, media-savvy, quick on his feet, and has no baggage.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:59pm

Jason Clare.

Jason is the best fit.

Only had Micky Mouse portfolios so far. Can't see him vaulting over Marles, Chalmers, Gallagher or Wong (they could easily find her a lower house seat in Adelaide) or any of them paying obeisance to him. He would need a serious portfolio and be outstanding in it.
Remember, Labor is factional much more rigidly than the Libs.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - May 27th, 2022 at 1:13pm

Frank wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:59pm:
Jason Clare.

Jason is the best fit.

Only had Micky Mouse portfolios so far. Can't see him vaulting over Marles, Chalmers, Gallagher or Wong (they could easily find her a lower house seat in Adelaide) or any of them paying obeisance to him. He would need a serious portfolio and be outstanding in it.
Remember, Labor is factional much more rigidly than the Libs.

Served as Minister for Defence Materiel (2010–2011, 2012–2013), Home Affairs (2011–2013), Justice (2011–2013), and Cabinet Secretary (2013).

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #35 - May 27th, 2022 at 1:25pm

As I said - I'd run with Albo - he seems to be a moderating influence on some of the ratbags who run around demanding a huge social revolution to suit themselves only.

He's already affirmed Australia's independent status as regards Chinese expansionism and aggression - oh, sorry - assertiveness... another mealy-mouthed word to cover naked aggression and military build-up across the Pacific.

Still waiting for the turkeys on here who imagine that everything will fall their way with Labor in the Hot Seat to explain what they think is going to actually happen... are all those old people sitting in their fat homes - the ones that ruined society according to Lefty - going to be herded out on foot with a knapsack and sent off to grow rice in the hills or something, so the youngies can just move in.... are the gays and gender enders going to be handed lavish lifestyles and fairy castles and full funding for their oddballery.. are the Abos going to suddenly be handed the keys to the nation and allowed to control it as they choose?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - May 27th, 2022 at 1:44pm

How good is Australia?

Oh, fabulous. How good is Denmark?

I believe Mette has a front bottom.

You?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - May 27th, 2022 at 1:45pm

You do like Danish, no?

That will be ten rupees, please.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - May 27th, 2022 at 1:55pm

Frank wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 11:46am:
Mattyfisk wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:34am:
Frank wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 11:06pm:
Labor majority government wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 10:56pm:

How good is Australia?

HOw guDDa is STrayA

I bElieVe in mIRaCooLs

You know the rest , suck it up princess you got ya arse absolutely handed to ya and will be opposition for a very very very very long time  Smiley

But I will never be an An....  Al....  Albanian.

Early election before the 3 years are out. The Albanian guy has no majority, only way too many hostile and resentful crossbencher repudiaters.  He won't last.

He had fewer primary votes than the coalition.  He is the non-elected PM.

Just so, old boy. Youre a li... A lib...

Sorry, would a capital L help?

You can trade it in for a c... if this helps.

It wont be easy under albanese.

Power prices to surge up to 18.3 per cent as energy market turmoil flows through to households

But power retailers have pushed for a big bump in tariffs this year as costs soar in the face of moves to fast-track the exit of coal-fired plants, unexpected generator outages and international unrest.
In a fresh blow to households dealing with surging costs of living, the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) has decided to pass on hefty increases to a benchmark power price.

The tariffs, known as default market offers, will rise between 8.5 per cent and 18.3 per cent in New South Wales, up to 12.6 per cent in south-east Queensland and 9.5 per cent in South Australia.

Small business customers will also be affected by the changes, with so-called standing offer prices rising up to 13.5 per cent.

The increases, to come into effect from July, amount to more than $250 a year in some cases based on Australian Competition and Consumer Commission figures putting the average residential electricity bill at $1,434.

Your ABC

The sad truth: small nuclear reactors would get us to carbon neutral

Every four days the world emits the equivalent of Australia’s annual contribution to global CO2 emissions. If Australia were to vanish from the Earth, China would cancel out the subsequent annual reduction in our carbon footprint in just one month.

The sad truth is if it were not for environmental activists of the 1960s and ’70s we’d be much closer to being carbon neutral today. Before they cared about global warming and climate change, environmentalists were antinuclear. If they had not successfully campaigned for the closure of nuclear plants across the US and Europe, the world would be less reliant on coal today.

This is true for Australia as well. From the 1950s onwards several nuclear plants were proposed for development but none of them got off the ground because of lack of public support.

In 2006, John Howard as prime minister commissioned a report that concluded that nuclear power was a good option for Australia. This report proposed that the first station could have been built within 10 years, with 25 stations delivered by 2050. This would have provided Australia with a third of our baseload power. Not long after this policy proposal was released, Queensland’s Labor government rushed to pass antinuclear legislation.

If Howard’s policy proposal had not been stymied, we already would have our first nuclear plant in operation in Australia and we would be on track for many more.

When teal independents and Greens slam the Liberal Party for its lack of action on climate change, they ought to remember this. If the Howard government’s push for nuclear energy had not been slapped down before it had a chance to get off the ground, we could have made significant progress towards a clean energy future.
Claire Lehmann

Oh, I'd say coal-fired power's on the way out, old boy. All those Greens and independents won't accept anything less.

Tough titties, old boy. That, dear, is called politics. We vote, and they have to do what we say. It used to be different when Murdoch got the final say, but it looks like those days are gone, no?

We grew here, you flew here. If you want to vote for someone, go and vote for dear old Mette.

She needs all the love she can get, ja?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - May 27th, 2022 at 2:15pm

Mattyfisk wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 1:44pm:

How good is Australia?

You?

You are my front bottom.
Take the 10 rupees. Take 20. You do the work of two front bottoms.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #40 - May 27th, 2022 at 3:04pm

Frank wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 2:15pm:

How good is Australia?

You?

You are my front bottom.

Well - Mustapha is the best Khunt we've got here - though there are some who would take the flag if they had the correct name....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #41 - May 27th, 2022 at 3:07pm

Quote:
It's pretty obvious that Albanese won't be PM for long.

Well JaSin it is not a surprise that you got your first error in the first line. The old straw horsy is in play.

The fact is there is an over 90% probability that Albo will serve his 3 year term at a minimum.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - May 27th, 2022 at 3:16pm

Frank wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 2:15pm:

How good is Australia?

You?

You are my front bottom.

Thank you, dear, but it's all part of the service.

You keep your eye on Mette. If she puts one foot out of line, I want to hear about it.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #43 - May 27th, 2022 at 3:37pm

I think this thread is in bad taste.

Albo has hardly started his new job when people are
predicting his failure.
Give the bloke a chance - that's the Aussie way.

Come back in 2 years and then have your say.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #44 - May 27th, 2022 at 7:16pm

Well if Penny Wong#
can humiliate China's leader Xi's sense of masculinity and show him she has bigger balls than him and is more of a man and will smash his face in to the music of Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

I would say she's earned herself a Prime Ministership! Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print