Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print
What made you political? (Read 2171 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: What made you political?
Reply #60 - May 26th, 2022 at 1:25pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 1:23pm:
Gnads wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 1:21pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 1:13pm:
Gnads wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 1:12pm:
And your presumptuousness is nauseating.

You have utterly failed to answer me in any way

And you've utterly failed by mistaking me for someone who gives a bugger what you think or want.

And yet you keep replying, just not answering

That's my right as a member here.

You don't like any answers unless they fit your narrative.

Outside of that you're fishing.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - May 26th, 2022 at 1:28pm

Gnads wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 1:25pm:

I don't own you.  I am allowed to call you out

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - May 26th, 2022 at 1:28pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 1:07pm:
tickleandrose wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 1:06pm:
Hi, on the definition of mass immigration.  A right wing poster here - Gordon have defined it as anything above 60000 per year. 

Usual immigration intake for Australia over the years is between 200 thousand to 300 thousand per year not withstanding COVID years.   I think both Labor and Liberal are looking to return to this figure. 

25 million people.  Why is 60k, mass migration?

Okay, everyone here, lets be nice. 

60 thousand is what the right wing believe is an adequate level.   Its a smallish number, and I think there is a reason behind it.   

The death rate in Australia is about 6.6 per 1000 per year.  This translates to about 161000 death per year.  Birth number is about 311 000 per year.   This based on population of 23 million.   This is a net gain of about 150 000 people natively per year.   60 thousand immigration will contribute to this net gain, making an annual growth of 1% - for the right wing, its an acceptable number due to constraints with infrastucture and service. 

However, I did argue, that due to our ageing population.  In order to achieve real economic growth of 2 to 3 per cent, without inflation, we probably need figures of 500 to 600 thousands net gain.  But this would be political suicide for any party.   So I have arrived at a middle figure of 100 to 120 thousand per year post COVID as a way going forward.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - May 26th, 2022 at 1:31pm

tickleandrose wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 1:28pm:
Hi, on the definition of mass immigration.  A right wing poster here - Gordon have defined it as anything above 60000 per year. 

Usual immigration intake for Australia over the years is between 200 thousand to 300 thousand per year not withstanding COVID years.   I think both Labor and Liberal are looking to return to this figure. 

60 thousand is what the right wing believe is an adequate level.   Its a smallish number, and I think there is a reason behind it.   

The death rate in Australia is about 6.6 per 1000 per year.  This translates to about 161000 death per year.  Birth number is about 311 000 per year.   This based on population of 23 million.   This is a net gain of about 150 000 people natively per year.   60 thousand immigration will contribute to this net gain, making an annual growth of 1% - for the right wing, its an acceptable number due to constraints with infrastucture and service. 

However, I did argue, that due to our ageing population.  In order to achieve real economic growth of 2 to 3 per cent, without inflation, we probably need figures of 500 to 600 thousands net gain.  But this would be political suicide for any party.   So I have arrived at a middle figure of 100 to 120 thousand per year post COVID as a way going forward. 

We are a sparsely populated country.  I don't want to take unlimited numbers, of immigrants or refugees, but the numbers the right propose are just ridiculous

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - May 26th, 2022 at 1:37pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 1:31pm:
tickleandrose wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 1:28pm:

We are a sparsely populated country.  I don't want to take unlimited numbers, of immigrants or refugees, but the numbers the right propose are just ridiculous

The problem is that even as we are sparsely populated country, most of our country is hostile to human living.   In many places we just simply dont have the infrastructure and water.   To do otherwise, would cause immense damage to the environment.  To go forward, this need to be more measured and carefully planned.  The last thing we want is another suburb somewhere without services and are in traffic gridlock the whole day.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - May 26th, 2022 at 1:39pm

tickleandrose wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 1:37pm:
The problem is that even as we are sparsely populated country, most of our country is hostile to human living.   In many places we just simply dont have the infrastructure and water.   To do otherwise, would cause immense damage to the environment.  To go forward, this need to be more measured and carefully planned.  The last thing we want is another suburb somewhere without services and are in traffic gridlock the whole day. 

Yeah, better planning is required.  But as a starting point there's country towns with supply chains that are dying.  Lots of refugees have thrived in such areas.  There's also issues with planning approval, not enough units are getting built

IP Logged

Boris
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - May 26th, 2022 at 2:40pm

Gough Whitlam made me political.

He was such a disaster for this country I vowed I would not sit idly by and do nothing and let such a buffoon into power ever again.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - May 26th, 2022 at 2:43pm

Boris wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 2:40pm:
Gough Whitlam made me political.

He was such a disaster for this country I vowed I would not sit idly by and do nothing and let such a buffoon into power ever again.

Christ you're old. 

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/gough-whitlam-left-a-long-list-of-achiev...

Which of these things upset you most?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - May 26th, 2022 at 3:03pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 1:28pm:
Gnads wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 1:25pm:

I don't own you.  I am allowed to call you out

On what? For what? Phark off.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #69 - May 26th, 2022 at 3:05pm

My parents made me political.  My father had long been involved with the ALP and had even at one point been offered a position in the DLP through his Catholic connections but knocked it back wisely.  My mother was heavily involved in Church politics, frequently clashing with the local Parish Priest.  She gave as good as she got and was respected for that, particularly after Vatican II.  I have been a lifelong supporter of the working man/woman as a consequence.  I dislike the Tories for their unfeeling attitude and their selfish rorting for their own silver spoon.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - May 26th, 2022 at 3:29pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 3:05pm:
My parents made me political.  My father had long been involved with the ALP and had even at one point been offered a position in the DLP through his Catholic connections but knocked it back wisely.  My mother was heavily involved in Church politics, frequently clashing with the local Parish Priest.  She gave as good as she got and was respected for that, particularly after Vatican II.  I have been a lifelong supporter of the working man/woman as a consequence.  I dislike the Tories for their unfeeling attitude and their selfish rorting for their own silver spoon.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I'm interested in people who followed their parents.  My parents were not overtly political but very right wing in their bigotry

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - May 26th, 2022 at 3:55pm

Frank wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 11:42am:
Frank wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 10:44am:
Frank wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 10:08am:

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member
Australian Politics

Posts per day

5 Days since joining

This is like the Doomsday Clock

152.60 Posts per day
Date Registered:May 20th, 2022 at 11:36am
5 Days since joining

Doomsday Clock is spinning.  Tsk, tsk   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Posts per day   157.60
Date Registered:
May 20th, 2022 at 11:36am
5 Days since joining

Doomsday clock

Posts per day

5 Days since joining

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - May 26th, 2022 at 3:56pm

Frank wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 3:55pm:
Doomsday clock

Posts per day

5 Days since joining

no one loves you, do they?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - May 26th, 2022 at 4:04pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 12:38pm:
Gnads wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 12:37pm:
Race mixing has been going on since Neanderthal times.

It may amaze a dick like you that many other races are anti-race mixing.

You're just another rabid lefty that is anti-white.

Are you a racist?

That was species mixing Tongue

I don't care if people in other races are also racist.  You will overstate it, but it's not important to me.  I care about MY society first, because I live here, not because it is better.

Oh, so you DO recognise and appreciate what borders do.

(And if they interbred then they weren't different species.)

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - May 26th, 2022 at 4:15pm

Not really surprising that rather than try and engage leftie on this topic, most of the righties that replied came out and attacked him for it.

It's about what I'd expect on this forum

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print