John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Obesity
Reply #45 - May 27th, 2022 at 7:44pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 12:22pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 12:08pm:
Diets have gotten worse. Poor people eat poo food because they can afford it

There is no way I did a grocery shop on Monday where I bought ideally healthy food. But, I am on my way to a healthier diet. I had a Red Rooster meal on Tuesday night after work, not wanting to cook or make a sandwich after work. But, I have not really eaten any fast food meals that were not healthy, other than RR, for the last 2 months.

The groceries I have bought include fruit juice, a bottle of Coca Cola, a Dairy Milk chocolate bar, and a packet of Cheese and Onion chips. The rest of the groceries are fruits and vegetables to go along the meats (seemingly healthy, except for the rump steak). Apart from the $18 RR meal and the $7 of junk food in the groceries, I have spent $250 on groceries. KFC, McDonalds, Red Rooster, Hungry Jacks, etc., tend to cost about $15 for a satiating meal. I make ham, cheese, tomato, beetroot, and spinach sandwiches 3 times a fortnight. That costs about $10 in total for 3 sandwiches made at home.

And as I am trying to cut out alcohol from my diet, I have found that losing weight and eating healthy is quite easy. No junk food hangover meals.

everything I've highlighted is crap. As for meat, if the bulk of your meat is sausages or pre prepared and marinated by your 'butcher', then thats crap too. And given your history, I wouldn't be surprised if you told me your fruit and veges came in cans or blister packs Cheesy Cheesy  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #46 - May 27th, 2022 at 8:51pm

One thing fatties usually don't get is calories are calories.

Oh I'm eating healthy, I'm having an acai bowl. Yeah, an acai bowl the size of your head that has more calories than a big mac.

1000 calories of McDonalds makes you just as fat as 1000 calories of skinless chicken breast.

IBI

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #47 - May 28th, 2022 at 2:32am

Lisa Jones wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:23pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:04pm:
How the hell do I spray an 8-metre high mandarine tree with that? Or do you mean only part of it close to the ground?

Duh! You get on a ladder of course! And you make sure there's someone there holding the ladder in place too!

Also you need to trim that tree. After flowering and fruiting of course. It's way too big.

Mum and Dad brought in some professional tree trimmers a couple of months ago to do the job of cutting down the tree with a nest of termites. I now have a section of lawn where I can mow around and keep the area fairly trim. And I have been using my ladder to put up security cameras around my home. I have discovered that I have overcome my fear of heights doing so.

Probably now is the time to do the spraying. But, I do not know if the tree is really necessitating a spray over. I will research this further.

My neighbour had said that my grandmother would let the neighbour's children climb the tree and collect whatever mandarines that they wanted. But, since I had taken over the house from my late grandmother, there has been NOTHING growing on the tree. I have the money to buy the Seasol (thank you taxpayers). I will give it a go, even if my ladder will be awkward in trying to get to the parts of the tree for spraying.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #48 - May 28th, 2022 at 2:37am

John Smith wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 7:44pm:
everything I've highlighted is crap. As for meat, if the bulk of your meat is sausages or pre-prepared and marinated by your 'butcher', then thats crap too. And given your history, I wouldn't be surprised if you told me your fruit and veges came in cans or blister packs Cheesy Cheesy  Cheesy Cheesy

The quality of my grocery shop last Monday was mediocre. I got the fruits and vegetables. I got the general items for making healthy sandwiches (beetroot, spinach, tomatoes, etc) with some ham and cheese for flavour. The meats consisted of chicken schnitzels, lamb and steak. And I have some crumbed (packaged) fish to eat if I run out of sweet and sour chicken.

If you want to believe it, 2022 is shaping up to be a healthier year than 2020 and 2021. I am actually trying to be healthier this year.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #49 - May 28th, 2022 at 2:41am

Gordon wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 8:51pm:
One thing fatties usually don't get is calories are calories.

Oh I'm eating healthy, I'm having an acai bowl. Yeah, an acai bowl the size of your head that has more calories than a big mac.

1000 calories of McDonalds makes you just as fat as 1000 calories of skinless chicken breast.

What your will find is that "a calorie is not the same as another calorie". We might consume the same amount of calories in a large healthy meal as we do in a small KFC meal. However, the quality of the calories is different for each example.

If I eat a Big Mac meal (burger fries and drink), I might consume the same amount of calories as a big Subway meal. But, I can burn off the calories of a Subway meal better than I can with a McDonalds meal.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #50 - May 29th, 2022 at 5:46am

................ Trays Of Our Lives ................. A Flock Of Chips Now .............. A Fistful Of Dolmatis ............... Reflections In A Golden Pie ................ Saturday Night Feaster ............... The Sandwiches Of Eastwick ........................Movies With A Social Comment abides strictly by the rules surrounding going softly on losers of all kinds.......................... true story .....
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2022 at 12:01pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jun 11th, 2022 at 9:43pm

........ The Sheepshank Consumption.............. Back To The Buffet ..........  Teen Wolfer ........ Sheeptrucks In Seattle....... I Piled On Thirteen .... The Unfillables  ............  The Longest Tray .......  Die Hearty ...... Thelma And Blue Cheese ............

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #52 - Jun 11th, 2022 at 9:56pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 2:37am:
everything I've highlighted is crap. As for meat, if the bulk of your meat is sausages or pre-prepared and marinated by your 'butcher', then thats crap too. And given your history, I wouldn't be surprised if you told me your fruit and veges came in cans or blister packs Cheesy Cheesy  Cheesy Cheesy

The quality of my grocery shop last Monday was mediocre. I got the fruits and vegetables. I got the general items for making healthy sandwiches (beetroot, spinach, tomatoes, etc) with some ham and cheese for flavour. The meats consisted of chicken schnitzels, lamb and steak. And I have some crumbed (packaged) fish to eat if I run out of sweet and sour chicken.

If you want to believe it, 2022 is shaping up to be a healthier year than 2020 and 2021. I am actually trying to be healthier this year.

Good on you

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #53 - Jun 11th, 2022 at 9:57pm

Fat people get kicked out of All You Can Eat Restaurants like Drunk people get kicked out of Pubs. Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #54 - Jun 11th, 2022 at 9:58pm

Lisa Jones wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 11:32am:
greggerypeccary wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 11:10am:
Lisa Jones wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 10:54am:
If only we could just get back to eating more fruit and veg and cooking our meals at home....and having a vege patch with a few citrus trees.

I know ... I'm too old fashioned 😔😩

You sure that's legal?   Wink

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/18/joe-rogans-rant-about-gro...

Ha! For a microsecond I thought you were serious.

No law in the land will ever come btwn me and my organic vege patch.

(Or my olive, lemon, lemonade, pomegranate, fig trees for that matter).

Why?

1. Gardening nurtures the soul of a gardener.

2. Harvesting and sharing home grown organic fruit n veg produce nurtures the soul of a local community. 

3. Speaking of soul... why God himself was a gardener. His garden was called Eden. Eden was a safe, healthy foodscape styled environment which promoted an organic sustainable ecosystem that could support all life.

Yes, gardening is one of the better activities you can do.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #55 - Jun 12th, 2022 at 12:54am

A run through Ethiopia during a Famine would be far more beneficial for a Fatty. Think of the fans there that would mob them.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Jun 12th, 2022 at 1:00am

Jasin wrote on Jun 12th, 2022 at 12:54am:
A run through Ethiopia during a Famine would be far more beneficial for a Fatty. Think of the fans there that would mob them.

Do they do cannibalism like the Cheers used to?  (OOOOOOHHH!)...Jasin wrote on Jun 11th, 2022 at 9:57pm:
Fat people get kicked out of All You Can Eat Restaurants like Drunk people get kicked out of Pubs. Cheesy

Charged for two seats....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #57 - Jun 12th, 2022 at 1:09am

Any fatty would make a cannibal out of a starving skinny.

And I think its a case of refusing to be charged for the 15 plate refills.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #58 - Jun 12th, 2022 at 4:04am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 12:22pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 12:08pm:
Diets have gotten worse. Poor people eat poo food because they can afford it

There is no way I did a grocery shop on Monday where I bought ideally healthy food. But, I am on my way to a healthier diet. I had a Red Rooster meal on Tuesday night after work, not wanting to cook or make a sandwich after work. But, I have not really eaten any fast food meals that were not healthy, other than RR, for the last 2 months.

The groceries I have bought include fruit juice, a bottle of Coca Cola, a Dairy Milk chocolate bar, and a packet of Cheese and Onion chips. The rest of the groceries are fruits and vegetables to go along the meats (seemingly healthy, except for the rump steak). Apart from the $18 RR meal and the $7 of junk food in the groceries, I have spent $250 on groceries. KFC, McDonalds, Red Rooster, Hungry Jacks, etc., tend to cost about $15 for a satiating meal. I make ham, cheese, tomato, beetroot, and spinach sandwiches 3 times a fortnight. That costs about $10 in total for 3 sandwiches made at home.

And as I am trying to cut out alcohol from my diet, I have found that losing weight and eating healthy is quite easy. No junk food hangover meals.

everything I've highlighted is crap. As for meat, if the bulk of your meat is sausages or pre prepared and marinated by your 'butcher', then thats crap too. And given your history, I wouldn't be surprised if you told me your fruit and veges came in cans or blister packs Cheesy Cheesy  Cheesy Cheesy

Hello. I did not know that there was a subject for me. I happen to have lost 4kg in the last 2 weeks. Down to 103kg in this month. Someone suggested that I not buy sausages anymore. Was that you, Smiffy? No sausages for the last month. I am down on my carbs. Down on my sugar consumption. I have about 4 nights of rump steak to get through. But, generally, the meals I will have will be quite healthy.

It is a different UnSubRocky you have seen from Fenruary 2022. In fact, it is a different UnSubRocky you have seen from August 2021 -- when I was at my low-point.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #59 - Jun 12th, 2022 at 4:05am

Gordon wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 8:59pm:
The word 'obesity' which is a medical definition is now offensive and needs a euphemism.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/obesity-stigma-weight-fatphobia-public-...

No, it does not. Fat shame all you want.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print