Send Topic Print
Obesity (Read 1800 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Obesity
May 25th, 2022 at 8:59pm

The word 'obesity' which is a medical definition is now offensive and needs a euphemism.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/obesity-stigma-weight-fatphobia-public-...

IBI

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Obesity
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2022 at 9:01pm

Gordon wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 8:59pm:
The word 'obesity' which is a medical definition is now offensive and needs a euphemism.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/obesity-stigma-weight-fatphobia-public-...

bugger the right are dumb.

A university has made a suggestion.  It will probably be ignored.  Who cares?  It's not like an official statement has been released by government outlawing use of a word.  Which never happens, but you all cry as if it does

I bet there was a time that doctors used the word 'retarded'.  English changes all the time.  *shrug*

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 25th, 2022 at 9:05pm

"Hey everyone: the people I worship in the US just murdered 19 kids, so I'm creating a diversion in order to steer the conversation away from the fact that Republicans, and conservatives in general, promote violence".

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - May 25th, 2022 at 9:08pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 9:01pm:

bugger the right are dumb.

A university has made a suggestion.  It will probably be ignored.  Who cares?  It's not like an official statement has been released by government outlawing use of a word.  Which never happens, but you all cry as if it does

I bet there was a time that doctors used the word 'retarded'.  English changes all the time.  *shrug*

It's proposed because it's what's in their stupid heads.

IBI

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #4 - May 25th, 2022 at 10:10pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 9:05pm:
"Hey everyone: the people I worship in the US just murdered 19 kids, so I'm creating a diversion in order to steer the conversation away from the fact that Republicans, and conservatives in general, promote violence".

Two things America does not need more of: obesity and firearms.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #5 - May 25th, 2022 at 11:40pm

... coming soon on Virtual Television with a Humanities Leaning  .......................................Hunger Games : The Reversal.............Battle of the Bulge...... Four Burgers and a Funeral ................... The Fridge on the River Kwai .......  A Fridge Too Far ......... Gone With The Slimmed ........ No Country For Thin Men......... My Big Fat Greek Table ..... our top rating series Lap Bands of Brothers ..... The Foodfather .... Legends Of The Full ..... The Food, The Fat and The Ugly ..... Das Bloat ..... more to follow .................. The Foodhall Suspects .... Gravyheart ..... We Were Solider .......  The LambShank Redemption ..... The Wurst Is Not Enough .......Memphis Belly ..... 55 Meals in Peking ...... A Few Good Meals ..... 
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2022 at 12:27am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #6 - May 25th, 2022 at 11:50pm

Quote:
Obesity

It is primarily an issue for Fat people. It is very difficult for a lot of people to control their weight.

I don't believe that it is always the persons fault. Some are genetically inclined to very easily carry additional weight.

In a lot of cases it could always be worse, imagine it the chubby person was also a conservative.

Is this just another case of the right always needing someone to blame ?

Is it the unemployed' s turn next week or it it homosexuals? It cant be Transgender again - that was last week.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #7 - May 25th, 2022 at 11:52pm

High fructose corn syrups are the reason so many people are obese.
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2022 at 6:11am by Jovial Monk »  

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - May 26th, 2022 at 12:29am

... coming soon on Virtual Television with a Humanities Leaning  .......................................Hunger Games : The Reversal.............Battle of the Bulge...... Four Burgers and a Funeral ................... The Fridge on the River Kwai .......  A Fridge Too Far ......... Gone With The Slimmed ........ No Country For Thin Men......... My Big Fat Greek Table ..... our top rating series Lap Bands of Brothers ..... The Foodfather .... Legends Of The Full ..... The Food, The Fat and The Ugly ..... Das Bloat ..... more to follow .................. The Foodhall Suspects .... Gravyheart ..... We Were Solider .......  The LambShank Redemption ..... The Wurst Is Not Enough .......Memphis Belly ..... 55 Meals in Peking ...... A Few Good Meals ..... A Man For All Seasonings .... Beefy Woman ..... The Pacemaker ...... The Fridges Of Madison County ..... Once Upon A time In A Cafeteria ..... Fatman Arises  (known in China as Watch Out For The Bat From Wuhan)  .....
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2022 at 12:34am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #9 - May 26th, 2022 at 12:34am

How about F A T F - Ks?

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #10 - May 26th, 2022 at 4:16am

When I saw that hot photo of Marla - I cracked a fat.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 26th, 2022 at 5:17am

Dnarever wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 11:50pm:
Quote:
Obesity

It is primarily an issue for Fat people. It is very difficult for a lot of people to control their weight.

I don't believe that it is always the persons fault. Some are genetically inclined to very easily carry additional weight.

In a lot of cases it could always be worse, imagine it the chubby person was also a conservative.

Is this just another case of the right always needing someone to blame ?

Is it the unemployed' s turn next week or it it homosexuals? It cant be Transgender again - that was last week.

is it just another case of the obese looking for someone to blame?
if you cant control what goes in your mouth, you really have zero concept of personal responsibility (a hateful concept to the leftie intellectual)

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #12 - May 26th, 2022 at 6:04am

aquascoot wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 5:17am:
if you cant control what goes in your mouth, you really have zero concept of personal responsibility (a hateful concept to the leftie intellectual)

Aquapoop is a F A T F- K

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 26th, 2022 at 7:10am

aquascoot wrote on May 26th, 2022 at 5:17am:

It's fascinating to me how little right understand human biology.  I understand you've never seen a live vagina, but surely you know people who eat food?

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 26th, 2022 at 7:10am

Jovial Monk wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 11:52pm:
High fructose corn syrups are the reason so many people are obese.

This is true, it has slightly more fructose than sugar, fructose being the bad one

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print