Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Fortescue Metals face native title claim (Read 1908 times)
Boris
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Fortescue Metals face native title claim
Reply #15 - May 25th, 2022 at 2:33pm

it is the truth

IP Logged

Steampipe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #16 - May 25th, 2022 at 2:33pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 2:31pm:
Steampipe wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 2:26pm:
The excess money you earn comes from somewhere, most people have to live on under $100,000 a year and you take more than you require.

By definition the money I am paid reflects the value I add.  That's how capitalism works

Capitalist, the bane of greens.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - May 25th, 2022 at 2:33pm

Boris wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 2:33pm:
it is the truth

I believe you, random internet racist.

IP Logged

Boris
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - May 25th, 2022 at 2:34pm

I lived and worked many years in the NT

I saw it

I speak the truth

Only fools do not know the truth when they see it

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 25th, 2022 at 2:35pm

Boris wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 2:34pm:
I lived and worked many years in the NT

I saw it

I speak the truth

Only fools do not know the truth when they see it

You saw what your bias told you to see, and you offer no proof

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 25th, 2022 at 2:35pm

Steampipe wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 2:33pm:
The excess money you earn comes from somewhere, most people have to live on under $100,000 a year and you take more than you require.

By definition the money I am paid reflects the value I add.  That's how capitalism works

The greens are sadly not that left wing.  But yeah, I'd tear down this system in a moment.  In the meantime, if I can infiltrate it, make tons of money, and give it to greens causes, I will

IP Logged

Steampipe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #21 - May 25th, 2022 at 2:36pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 2:33pm:
it is the truth

Instead of calling him racist prove your point, anyone can name call and its mostly teenagers that do that. If your response is just to name call then try not to promote yourself as morally superior to others.

IP Logged

Steampipe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #22 - May 25th, 2022 at 2:38pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 2:35pm:
Steampipe wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 2:33pm:

The greens are sadly not that left wing.  But yeah, I'd tear down this system in a moment.  In the meantime, if I can infiltrate it, make tons of money, and give it to greens causes, I will

A bit hypocritical then isn't it, you need capitalists to fund the greens. Somehow I don't think you will see the irony here.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - May 25th, 2022 at 2:38pm

Steampipe wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 2:36pm:
it is the truth

Instead of calling him racist prove your point, anyone can name call and its mostly teenagers that do that. If your response is just to name call then try not to promote yourself as morally superior to others.

What point is there to prove? He made a claim and can't back it up.  I can't point to a source that reflects my knowledge of Aboriginal culture easily, but he made the claim and needs to prove it

IP Logged

Steampipe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #24 - May 25th, 2022 at 2:39pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 2:38pm:
Steampipe wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 2:36pm:
it is the truth

What point is there to prove? He made a claim and can't back it up.  I can't point to a source that reflects my knowledge of Aboriginal culture easily, but he made the claim and needs to prove it

Show him the statistics that prove your point.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 25th, 2022 at 2:40pm

Steampipe wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 2:39pm:
Show him the statistics that prove your point.

no one keeps stats of women living free of DV.

IP Logged

Boris
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - May 25th, 2022 at 2:45pm

Louis Nowra published his 90-page essay “Bad Dreaming” in 2007. He wrote then that the brutality was increasing, with spears, rocks, knives, bottles and bricks used [in other words, violence has been accelerating both pre and post-2007]. Rape and especially gang-rape had become more common, Nowra said, with violence more ferocious and sometimes beggaring belief.

“Victims are viciously gang-banged, during which they are smashed with iron bars, rocks, pieces of concrete or lumps of wood that cause massive physical injuries and permanent facial deformities. A particularly nasty strain of this violence that is showing an alarming rise, is the number of women being set on fire.”

The Age’s Russell Skelton in 2006  reported a case where a young man doused petrol on his 18-year-old girlfriend’s stomach and genitals and set her clothes on fire when she refused to have sex.

Nowra quotes Dr Kate Napthall of Darwin who on one Friday night from 5pm to 8am at Tennant Creek Hospital saw 28 cases of domestic assault – and those were just the ones that presented. The worst case she recalled was a woman of about 28 who had a saucepan of boiling water poured over her face, scalding her eyes beyond recognition. “When I looked in her files, she had between 40 and 50 similar presentations of assault against her by her husband,” Napthall said. (Tennant Creek Indigenous assault victims have risen 19% since 2006-07. The assault rate there is now well over three times the NT average – which itself is high.)

Some women became sleepwalking targets-for-violence, rather than human beings. One woman was so inured to injuries she no longer felt them. Her husband put a barbed spear right through her arm and another man pulled it out. No-one reported the incident because she was attacked so routinely with knives, stones and sticks. Women would be on the ground being kicked in the belly but no-one would help her: “You just didn’t do that. You could watch, but weren’t allowed to butt into people’s fights,” one woman told a 1999 inquiry.

These reports include a case where wife of an elder was repeatedly bashed and stabbed over the years at Alice Springs, refusing police protection out of fear. Eventually she was beaten to death, tied up and left on an ant’s nest for a week.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - May 25th, 2022 at 2:47pm

Boris wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 2:45pm:
Louis Nowra published his 90-page essay “Bad Dreaming” in 2007. He wrote then that the brutality was increasing, with spears, rocks, knives, bottles and bricks used [in other words, violence has been accelerating both pre and post-2007]. Rape and especially gang-rape had become more common, Nowra said, with violence more ferocious and sometimes beggaring belief.

“Victims are viciously gang-banged, during which they are smashed with iron bars, rocks, pieces of concrete or lumps of wood that cause massive physical injuries and permanent facial deformities. A particularly nasty strain of this violence that is showing an alarming rise, is the number of women being set on fire.”

he Age’s Russell Skelton in 2006  reported a case where a young man doused petrol on his 18-year-old girlfriend’s stomach and genitals and set her clothes on fire when she refused to have sex.

Nowra quotes Dr Kate Napthall of Darwin who on one Friday night from 5pm to 8am at Tennant Creek Hospital saw 28 cases of domestic assault – and those were just the ones that presented. The worst case she recalled was a woman of about 28 who had a saucepan of boiling water poured over her face, scalding her eyes beyond recognition. “When I looked in her files, she had between 40 and 50 similar presentations of assault against her by her husband,” Napthall said. (Tennant Creek Indigenous assault victims have risen 19% since 2006-07. The assault rate there is now well over three times the NT average – which itself is high.)

Some women became sleepwalking targets-for-violence, rather than human beings. One woman was so inured to injuries she no longer felt them. Her husband put a barbed spear right through her arm and another man pulled it out. No-one reported the incident because she was attacked so routinely with knives, stones and sticks. Women would be on the ground being kicked in the belly but no-one would help her: “You just didn’t do that. You could watch, but weren’t allowed to butt into people’s fights,” one woman told a 1999 inquiry.

These reports include a case where wife of an elder was repeatedly bashed and stabbed over the years at Alice Springs, refusing police protection out of fear. Eventually she was beaten to death, tied up and left on an ant’s nest for a week.

DV is epidemic throughout our society.  Poverty is always a factor.  So I would never claim it does not happen in Aboriginal communities

IP Logged

Boris
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 25th, 2022 at 2:51pm

Look at the statistics - for the Aborigines it is out of all control.

You really are a fool.

Go to Tennant Creek and work in the hospital

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - May 25th, 2022 at 2:54pm

Boris wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 2:51pm:
Look at the statistics - for the Aborigines it is out of all control.

You really are a fool.

Go to Tennant Creek and work in the hospital

"look at the statistics"  shows no statistics.

Look, if there's an issue it relates to disadvantage and poverty, not 'aboriginal culture'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print