Send Topic Print
Even MORE Good News (Read 716 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Even MORE Good News
May 22nd, 2022 at 11:06am

Tamil asylum seeker family to return to Biloela after Labor win

The Tamil asylum seeker family who had been fighting to return to the Queensland town of Biloela have reacted with “happy tears” at the election result as Labor had promised they could go home.

In contrast, Scott Morrison had ruled out intervening in the case of Priya and Nadesalingam Murugappan and their two Australian-born daughters, saying to do so would effectively give a green light to people smugglers and “the carnage at sea”.

A statement from Angela Fredericks, of the Home To Bilo campaign, said the family were overjoyed by the election result due to what it means for them.

“Mr Albanese has promised to allow our friends Priya, Nades and their girls Kopi and Tharni to return home to Biloela,” she said.

“We just called Priya in Perth and told her she and her family were coming home.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Even MORE Good News
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2022 at 11:08am

'Mr Albanese has promised.."    Well that means its going to happen then. Grin Grin Grin

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2022 at 11:11am

greggerypeccary wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 11:06am:

The Tamil asylum seeker family who had been fighting to return to the Queensland town of Biloela have reacted with “happy tears” at the election result as Labor had promised they could go home.

In contrast, Scott Morrison had ruled out intervening in the case of Priya and Nadesalingam Murugappan and their two Australian-born daughters, saying to do so would effectively give a green light to people smugglers and “the carnage at sea”.

A statement from Angela Fredericks, of the Home To Bilo campaign, said the family were overjoyed by the election result due to what it means for them.

“Mr Albanese has promised to allow our friends Priya, Nades and their girls Kopi and Tharni to return home to Biloela,” she said.

“We just called Priya in Perth and told her she and her family were coming home.

I knew this all along.  Labor has matched Liberals on cruelty for votes, but they don't ENJOY it. This is the case that made a lot of people sympathetic to refugees, a massive misstep I think

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2022 at 11:12am

Belgarion wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 11:08am:
'Mr Albanese has promised.."    Well that means its going to happen then. Grin Grin Grin

What possible benefit is it to him to torture a couple and two young girls for not being white? You know how much money this country has wasted on killing refugees? It would have been cheaper to give them all a million bucks and a house in Sydney

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2022 at 12:20pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 11:06am:

Dutton
proved himself to lacking any political savvy - let alone moral fibre - to hold this family up as an example of
"illegal refugees"
(yes, I'm AWARE those words make NO sense)
then talk up what a brilliant job he was doing with "border control" and his own interpretation of the
UN Convention on Refugees
(of which Australia is a signatory)

You couldn't have picked a more perfect and assimilated family for permanent settlement in this country - as the vast majority of Australians indicated in opinion polling

And THIS is the
morally bankrupt clown
being touted as
the new leader
?

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 22nd, 2022 at 1:33pm

Supporters of a central Queensland Tamil asylum seeker family say they are hopeful the family are just weeks away from returning home.

Labor promised during the campaign that if it won the election the Nadesalingam family would be allowed to return home to Biloela.

Family friend Angela Fredericks said there was "so much relief" among the Home2Bilo campaigners after Labor's election win.

"I honestly don't think I can find the words to explain it," Ms Fredericks said.

"There is so much excitement, so much relief and exuberance. It has all been worth it.

Biloela Tamil asylum seeker family set to return to town after election result

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #6 - May 22nd, 2022 at 2:04pm

Hope that happens!

What a colossal waste of money and lousy PR for Australia this has been. No wonder so many teal independents won seats off Libs.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #7 - May 22nd, 2022 at 8:19pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 11:11am:
This is the case that made a lot of people sympathetic to refugees, a massive misstep I think

Australians are ALWAYS sympathetic to refugees - once you put a face, a name and a backstory to them
This is the reason ALL governments have kept these details behind a shroud of secrecy

I equate this to the thousands of dogs and cats euthanized in pounds - because no one wants them
But give them a name - a bit of their history - and a picture in the newspaper, they're offered a new home in hours

I KNOW, it's a SHAMEFUL analogy to draw - but unwanted human beings are treated exactly the same as unwanted cats and dogs, in this country

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - May 22nd, 2022 at 8:35pm

Well - I signed the thing to get them back here.  You?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - May 23rd, 2022 at 7:34pm

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 23rd, 2022 at 7:37pm

buzzanddidj wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 8:19pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 11:11am:
This is the case that made a lot of people sympathetic to refugees, a massive misstep I think

Australians are ALWAYS sympathetic to refugees - once you put a face, a name and a backstory to them
This is the reason ALL governments have kept these details behind a shroud of secrecy

I equate this to the thousands of dogs and cats euthanized in pounds - because no one wants them
But give them a name - a bit of their history - and a picture in the newspaper, they're offered a new home in hours

I KNOW, it's a SHAMEFUL analogy to draw - but unwanted human beings are treated exactly the same as unwanted cats and dogs, in this country

It's always this way.  I've heard Reclaim scum say 'the Muslims I know are all good people, it's the rest you need to worry about'.  Unknown is easily demonised and lied about

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 23rd, 2022 at 7:49pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 8:35pm:
Well - I signed the thing to get them back here.  You?

So you signed the thing to get them back here, and then voted for the mob that kept them locked up

not confused at all are you  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Labor majority government
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 23rd, 2022 at 8:50pm

Frank must be infuriated ...

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #13 - May 23rd, 2022 at 9:18pm

Exactly 😂🤣😆

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Labor majority government
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 23rd, 2022 at 9:19pm

Lisa Jones wrote on May 23rd, 2022 at 9:18pm:

Exactly 😂🤣😆

Sallllty

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print