Send Topic Print
Teal Independents (Read 2866 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Teal Independents
Reply #30 - May 22nd, 2022 at 2:32pm

Both  Spender and Sharmas daugters are in the same year same school.

Awkward much!

IBI

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #31 - May 22nd, 2022 at 2:51pm

Nice we can form majority government.

Won’t know about the Senate for a while I suppose?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #32 - May 22nd, 2022 at 3:06pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 10:27am:
I believe the rise of independents is the best outcome of this election.

Let's hope it continues to grow.

Political parties with massive majorities are prone to arrogance and corruption.

Like a gun to the head of autocrats, the only thing that stands between democratic-majority political parties and their overreach or corruption is accountability demanded by the nonaligned.

I like the idea of independents but I typically are disappointed when I research what they are about.

My Liberal guy has stood in about 5 different electorates and lives about 120 Km away.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #33 - May 22nd, 2022 at 3:28pm

Jovial Monk wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 2:21pm:
I just hope Labor does no deals with the Greens.

The Greens gave up on the environment long ago. Neoliberalism is where they are at.

The Greens stopped the two efforts Labor made to price carbon. They will always be a fringe party because their actions belie their words.

What planet are you on Monk? The only reason we had a carbon tax is because Labor under Gillard was forced to negotiate with the greens to form minority government.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #34 - May 22nd, 2022 at 6:06pm

John Smith wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 1:02pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 12:53pm:
In fact, looking at the map of the districts, the Coalition has over 90% of the country mass supporting them. And the city-folk are going mainly with the Labor parties. Maybe the cuts to the regional and rural community development had the metropolitan centres licking their collective lips.

All seats have roughly 110 000 population in them.

In cities where population densities are high, it might take just a few city blocks to get to that number. In rural and outback Australia where population densities are much lower, it might take hundreds of thousands of square kilometers to get to the 110 000 voters.

Durack in WA is our biggest seat with over 1.6million Sq kilometers

But when you consider that the smaller area seats have people that are like minded in a lot of cases (being that they are inside a metropolitan city), it is a real contrast to regional and rural areas. Regional Qld might have 50,000 here and then 60,000 spread about the division of rural and outskirt (mining) areas. A real diverse set of mindsets for them.

Metropolitan people want centralisation. Regional people want regionalisation.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #35 - May 22nd, 2022 at 6:46pm

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 3:28pm:

The Greens gave up on the environment long ago. Neoliberalism is where they are at.

The Greens stopped the two efforts Labor made to price carbon. They will always be a fringe party because their actions belie their words.

What planet are you on Monk? The only reason we had a carbon tax is because Labor under Gillard was forced to negotiate with the greens to form minority government.

Labor were stupid - we could have had the same fixed price on carbon without it being a tax.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #36 - May 22nd, 2022 at 6:48pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 6:06pm:
John Smith wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 1:02pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 12:53pm:
In fact, looking at the map of the districts, the Coalition has over 90% of the country mass supporting them. And the city-folk are going mainly with the Labor parties. Maybe the cuts to the regional and rural community development had the metropolitan centres licking their collective lips.

All seats have roughly 110 000 population in them.

In cities where population densities are high, it might take just a few city blocks to get to that number. In rural and outback Australia where population densities are much lower, it might take hundreds of thousands of square kilometers to get to the 110 000 voters.

Durack in WA is our biggest seat with over 1.6million Sq kilometers

But when you consider that the smaller area seats have people that are like minded in a lot of cases (being that they are inside a metropolitan city), it is a real contrast to regional and rural areas. Regional Qld might have 50,000 here and then 60,000 spread about the division of rural and outskirt (mining) areas. A real diverse set of mindsets for them.

Quote:

Never met one single person that told me that they wanted either ?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #37 - May 22nd, 2022 at 8:05pm

Maybe you live in the city and are ignorant of the underfunded regional towns and places. There was a movement to have the rest of Qld break away from SEQld and become our own state.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #38 - May 22nd, 2022 at 8:18pm

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 9:52am:
I hope this movement becomes permanent. I always struggle to find a party whose views match my own, particularly on economics and climate change. The teal independents were a kick up the arse for the Liberals and their absurd rhetoric on climate change. If Labor ends up running a minority government, we might even get the carbon tax back.

Will the liberals lurch to the right on account of losing their more moderate MP's, or will self preservation kick in and see them chase the middle ground again?

Yesterday in the voting queue I asked the liberal guy handing out how to vote cards if they support a carbon tax. He started ranting like a lunatic about how wonderful CO2 is. He was very loud, and I let him talk for as long as I could. No-one would look at him after that, except a lady behind me who was in love with scomo.

Independents are by their very nature parasites, and can never be anything other than that. 

That is demonstrated if you consider a Parliament full of Independents.

Think about it.

They bludge off the existence of at least two major parties, and individually hope to leverage influence but have no real investment in the process and bureaucracy of Government.

Parasites.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - May 22nd, 2022 at 10:44pm

Grin

teal.jpg (52 KB | 2 )
teal.jpg

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #40 - May 22nd, 2022 at 11:41pm

Bias_2012 wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 12:00pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 11:10am:
It's good to see people drift away from both major parties.

Too right it is

The discontent with the two jurassic major parties is evident in their declining primary vote

Voters are realizing they are passed their use-by date, and justifiably giving more modern thinkers a chance

What we need from now on is even more modern thinkers elected to Parliament who cover an even greater range of issues

🎯

It's high time the traditional 2 major political parties of Australia woke up to the fact that we the people will no longer tolerate the oligarchy they've enjoyed at our expense. We will raise our voice demanding action and change through Independents who will end up holding the balance of power which both major parties crave.

This change starts with the 2022 Federal Election.

No more Liberal and Labor / Labor and Liberal. An upset change WILL take place IF we see complacency and arrogance. That means that IF Labor doesn't get the picture it too will be kicked out for another long time in the wilderness WHILE the Independents continue to rise as a force to be reckoned with.

The political oligopoly which has reigned supreme in Australia for so long will continue to struggle as more and more Gen X and Gen Y and Millennials rise to vote for Independents who will keep these 2 major bastard parties honest.

I trust the lessons in yesterday's election will serve as a warning to Labor.

It wasn't an easy decision for our longstanding Liberal voting family to walk in and place votes in favour of Independents in a safe Liberal electorate but we were left with no choice. Like so many others in Australia....THIS election was our only real chance to protest. And that's exactly what we did. Now I don't know about anyone else here but right now is a good time to start praying for a few miracles to take place.

Albo has no experience with budgets or economics. Albo gets nervous easily and starts to forget.

Irrespective of that I kept noticing this : the guy has a soft heart. I could see the times he cried/almost cried as mainstream media recapped his political career milestones. He himself openly acknowledged that he never saw himself at the forefront of any key Labor position but he took the job on KNOWING FULL WELL it would be at a most difficult and tumultuous time in Australia's history with rising inflation and economic recession. He's not a tough rough unionist like Hawke not is he a rostrum champion like that other famous Labor orator Paul Keating. But Albanese appears to be humble. He has not hidden that he's from a broken and poverty stricken family nor has he hidden that he himself has had a broken marriage which caught him off guard when his wife left him. He has shown that he's open and honest about who he is. Even so...his inexperience and lack of confidence especially during this current difficult economic climate in Australia means that we need to play our part and and support him (and where applicable through prayer). He's facing a tough job in a tough time. I doubt any other person would envy being in his challenging position right now.

The Holy Bible states : "humility comes before promotion" and Albo has definitely shown humility.

Let's take a deep breath and move forward together.

And for those of us who are avid NRL supporters ...my kids have informed me that Albo is a long term Bunnies supporter. This of course means he has a discerning spirit  Tongue

Cheers

« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2022 at 11:47pm by Lisa Jones »  

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #41 - May 22nd, 2022 at 11:52pm

Lisa Jones wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 11:41pm:
🎯

It's high time the traditional 2 major political parties of Australia woke up to the fact that we the people will no longer tolerate the oligarchy they've enjoyed at our expense. We will raise our voice demanding action and change through Independents who will end up holding the balance of power which both major parties crave.

This change starts with the 2022 Federal Election.

No more Liberal and Labor / Labor and Liberal. An upset change WILL take place IF we see complacency and arrogance. That means that IF Labor doesn't get the picture it too will be kicked out for another long time in the wilderness WHILE the Independents continue to rise as a force to be reckoned with.

The political oligopoly which has reigned supreme in Australia for so long will continue to struggle as more and more Gen X and Gen Y and Millennials rise to vote for Independents who will keep these 2 major bastard parties honest.

I trust the lessons in yesterday's election will serve as a warning to Labor.

It wasn't an easy decision for our longstanding Liberal voting family to walk in and place votes in favour of Independents in a safe Liberal electorate but we were left with no choice. Like so many others in Australia....THIS election was our only real chance to protest. And that's exactly what we did. Now I don't know about anyone else here but right now is a good time to start praying for a few miracles to take place.

Albo has no experience with budgets or economics.
Albo gets nervous easily and starts to forget.

Irrespective of that I kept noticing this : the guy has a soft heart. I could see the times he cried/almost cried as mainstream media recapped his political career. He himself openly acknowledged that he never saw himself at the forefront of any key Labor position but he took the job on KNOWING FULL WELL it would be at a most difficult and tumultuous time in Australia's history with rising inflation and economic recession. He's not a tough rough unionist like Hawke not is he a rostrum champion like that other famous Labor orator Paul Keating. Albanese appears to be humble. He has not hidden that he's from a broken and poverty stricken family nor has he hidden that he himself has had a broken marriage which caught him off guard when his wife left him. He has shown that he's open and honest about who he is. Even so...his inexperience and lack of confidence especially during this current difficult economic climate in Australia means that we need to play our part and and support him (and where applicable in prayer). He's facing a tough job in a tough time. I doubt any other person would envy being in his challenging position right now.

The Holy Bible states : "humility comes before promotion" and Albo has definitely shown humility.

Let's take a deep breath and move forward together.

And for those of us who are avid NRL supporters ...my kids have informed me that Albo is a long term Bunnies supporter. This of course means he has a discerning spirit  Tongue

Cheers

My problem with Albo (not the white peacock) is that he is already enslaved to his feminist masters (mistresses?) and their adherence to all the other motherly approaches to minority groups with a whine to play on.  Cry me a river:-

Liberals do the same for their selected personal groups - the allegedly hard-nosed business people - you know, robber barons in fine suits but peasant stock at heart with all the shoulder chips to prove it - who run to Daddy government every time they are incapable of negotiating in good faith and actually realising that the whole deal is not just to give them access to riches, but that every pharken job costs, and all that lovely is not theirs to spend as they choose, like Slim Mehajer did!

Nationals of course continue their forte` of falling off logs regularly... doing a Barnaby and skating on a tissue of half-truths, ineptitude and outright lies that support the myth that they actually give a damn about 'the bush' and its people while they sit in their fat offices on their fat pensions and perks for life..... and most people of 'the bush' (apart from that aristrocracy of the bush - the council worker) struggle to get by on part-time casual as always, coupled with long distances and sheer neglect from the 'bosses' settled fatly in the major cities.

The PROBLEM with politics here and now is that the general mass of the people expect and demand that this kind of thing stop, and that government elect, paid well for their pissy job, should actually work for EVERYONE and not just their preferred special interest groups.

Watch this space for more disasters visited upon ordinary folk... Labor - Liberal - no real difference.... all the same parasites.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #42 - May 23rd, 2022 at 1:38am

Jim Lahey wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 12:49pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 12:06pm:
IdepedeMeisterEckhart wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 10:27am:
I believe the rise of independents is the best outcome of this election.

Let's hope it continues to grow.

Political parties with massive majorities are prone to arrogance and corruption.

Like a gun to the head of autocrats, the only thing that stands between democratic-majority political parties and their overreach or corruption is accountability demanded by the nonaligned.

The Independents want:

1. Action on climate change.
2. An ICAC with teeth.
3. Action on community equity.

You still pleased?

One independent said the ALP in government will have to adopt a 60% CO2 reduction target, to get her vote in parliament.

In answer, Richard Marles said :"we have a mandate to meet our  commitments  - inc, 43% reduction"; nonsense of course, because the ALP is not likely to get 76 seats, and their primary vote was 32%.

I agree the the rise of independents with the above policies is great; let's see how good Albo is at consensus building.....

But when everyone is  faced with orthodox economists demanding balanced budgets....and a carbon tax.....things will get messy.   

Lol at least we have a choice of parties in Australia unlike our Chinese brothers

I'd be concerned about rocky waters ahead for ALL nations, which the "choice" of parties won't be able to deal with...

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - May 23rd, 2022 at 5:15am

Baronvonrort wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 10:44pm:
Grin

pretty much.

when push comes to shove and the power goes out, they will be screaming for more coal fired plants.

the stats dont lie

The share of fossil fuels in the total global energy consumption mix remained steady. Coal, oil and gas accounted for 80.3% of the mix in 2009 and 80.2% of the mix in 2019.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #44 - May 23rd, 2022 at 7:34am

Dnarever wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 6:46pm:
freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 3:28pm:

Labor were stupid - we could have had the same fixed price on carbon without it being a tax.

It would still be a tax. Calling it something else would just make them look silly.

Quote:
The share of fossil fuels in the total global energy consumption mix remained steady. Coal, oil and gas accounted for 80.3% of the mix in 2009 and 80.2% of the mix in 2019.

Where did you get that from scoot?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print