Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Green lunatics want to ban hunting (Read 7776 times)
Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Green lunatics want to ban hunting
May 6th, 2022 at 6:03pm

The inner city soy latte sipping recreational drug taking LGBTQI called the Greens want to ban hunting.

The only species that non aboriginal hunters can legally shoot are the imported ferals like Pigs Goats Foxes Rabbits Camels along with wild dogs and feral cats. Recreational hunters cannot legally shoot native species.

What is the Greens plan for these ferals is it to sing kumbayah and hold hands while passing a joint while these feral species decimate our native species?

Quote:
ANIMALS

26. A ban on recreational shooting of all animals, including Australian native water birds.

https://greens.org.au/policies/animals

The Greens will probably try to stop fishing next.

The Greens are a pox on Australia put them last or 2nd last with the Vegans from the Animal Justice Party on every ballot paper.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Re: Green lunatics want to ban hunting
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2022 at 8:56pm

Quote:
16. The most humane, effective means available to be used in the control of introduced species, including humane population management methods.

Are the Greens going to stop people laying down 1080 poison baits which take up to 4 days to kill some animals with a slow horrible death?

Is this the end of using 1080 along with introducing viruses to control rabbits?

Perhaps the Greens think like this idiot who was elected by idiots
Quote:
Bill to manage stray cats introduced

Independent Member for Sydney Alex Greenwich today introduced a bill to ensure that sponsored trap-neuter-return and management (TNR) programs are lawful.

TNR programs involve desexing animals in a specific group or colony of unowned stray animals and returning them to where they were found where they stop breeding, allowing the population to stabilise.

“In New South Wales there are a number of successful volunteer run programs but they may not be lawful because returning a non-native animal to where it came from could constitute the ‘abandoning’ or liberating’ offences.

The Animal Welfare (Population Control Programs) Bill would ensure that if a TNR program is sponsored by council, the Animal Welfare League NSW, RSPCA NSW or in the case of a national park, the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service, the program is lawful. The Minister must also approve the program in the case of pests outside the Sydney metropolitan area.

“This simple bill merely provides a framework for what already happens, giving volunteers legal certainty and potential access to grants while enabling the collection of data on TNR,” Mr Greenwich said.

https://www.alexgreenwich.com/bill_to_manage_stray_cats_introduced

What would a trap neuter release program cost with an estimated 10-15 million feral cats and over 23 million feral pigs?

Trapping them is not going to be easy the Vet bills for neutering them will cost taxpayers an outrageous amount then these animals will be released to continue driving our native species into extinction.

For smaller critters a .22lr will do the job around $60-80 for 500 rounds. They will be unaware someone has them in their sights and then it's lights out. Most rounds are faster than the speed of sound so they don't even hear it coming.

This lunacy from the inner city soy latte sipping LGBQTI idiots is why the Shooters Fishers and Farmers party rule a large portion of NSW west of the Blue Mountains.

« Last Edit: May 8th, 2022 at 9:12pm by Baronvonrort »  

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - May 8th, 2022 at 9:01pm

They have gone off the deep end.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #3 - May 13th, 2022 at 10:21am

The neutering is more like a vasectomy than a castration. It may be chemically done—I am not sure. Say a feral cat is trapped/neutered/released. It will continue to protect its territory so feral kittens cannot take it over. When a feral cat is shot kittens will move in, fight for the territory and one will take it over—they will breed faster than you can shoot them.

Similar programs with releasing neutered mosquitoes has resulted in a huge decrease in mosquito populations.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - May 13th, 2022 at 10:33am

How about infecting them with Feline leukemia.

IBI

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - May 13th, 2022 at 6:01pm

Quote:
It will continue to protect its territory so feral kittens cannot take it over.

It will also kill the native animals.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #6 - May 13th, 2022 at 6:37pm

Feral kittens cannot take over a territory so will likely die.

Softheads like Booby will prevent other real action on bloody cats.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 16th, 2022 at 1:06am

Jovial Monk wrote on May 13th, 2022 at 10:21am:
The neutering is more like a vasectomy than a castration. It may be chemically done—I am not sure. Say a feral cat is trapped/neutered/released. It will continue to protect its territory so feral kittens cannot take it over. When a feral cat is shot kittens will move in, fight for the territory and one will take it over—they will breed faster than you can shoot them.

It would be irresponsible to release a feral cat into the wild only idiots would do it.

Quote:
Australian wildlife 20 times more likely to encounter deadly feral cats than native predators

Researchers find invasive felines hunt with greater intensity, in broader environments and in greater numbers than equivalent native marsupial predator

Invasive cats, which kill billions of native animals each year, form a triple threat, the study finds, by hunting with greater intensity, in broader environments and in greater numbers than an equivalent native marsupial predator – the spotted-tailed quoll.

Feral cats have a devastating toll on Australia’s wildlife, killing an estimated 2bn animals every year and being implicated in at least 25 mammal extinctions and pressuring a further 124 threatened species.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/jan/06/australian-wildlife-20-times...

If you're setting traps you're required to check the trap every day which involves a massive amount of work.

You're not going to handle a feral cat they're wild animals they will attack you so they have to be sedated at even more expense before removing them from trap.

Shooting is more effective than trapping for some reason cats aren't attracted to baits with traps or 1080 poison they prefer their food fresh so they walk past traps to kill our native species.

Quote:
Hunting shown to contribute more to the economy than the wool industry in NSW

Statistics from the NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) showed that in the 2019-20 financial year, hunting was worth more than $1.4 billion to the state's economy.

Wool output in the same year was $1.09 billion, which the Department said was down six per cent year-on-year.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-01/hunting-economic-benefits/100248526?fbcli...

Thread here- https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1625913228

The greens idiocy in banning hunting will cost the economy billions of dollars and achieve nothing with controlling invasive feral animals.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #8 - May 16th, 2022 at 2:56pm

Baronvonrort wrote on May 16th, 2022 at 1:06am:

It would be irresponsible to release a feral cat into the wild only idiots would do it.

Quote:
Australian wildlife 20 times more likely to encounter deadly feral cats than native predators

Researchers find invasive felines hunt with greater intensity, in broader environments and in greater numbers than equivalent native marsupial predator

Invasive cats, which kill billions of native animals each year, form a triple threat, the study finds, by hunting with greater intensity, in broader environments and in greater numbers than an equivalent native marsupial predator – the spotted-tailed quoll.

Feral cats have a devastating toll on Australia’s wildlife, killing an estimated 2bn animals every year and being implicated in at least 25 mammal extinctions and pressuring a further 124 threatened species.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/jan/06/australian-wildlife-20-times...

If you're setting traps you're required to check the trap every day which involves a massive amount of work.

You're not going to handle a feral cat they're wild animals they will attack you so they have to be sedated at even more expense before removing them from trap.

Shooting is more effective than trapping for some reason cats aren't attracted to baits with traps or 1080 poison they prefer their food fresh so they walk past traps to kill our native species.

Quote:

Statistics from the NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) showed that in the 2019-20 financial year, hunting was worth more than $1.4 billion to the state's economy.

Wool output in the same year was $1.09 billion, which the Department said was down six per cent year-on-year.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-01/hunting-economic-benefits/100248526?fbcli...

The greens idiocy in banning hunting will cost the economy billions of dollars and achieve nothing with controlling invasive feral animals.

I guess idiots can’t grasp how the neutering would reduce cat numbers.

Shooting can’t make a dent in the feral cat population.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - May 17th, 2022 at 6:19pm

Quote:

The policy would increase feral cat numbers.

A neutered cat still kills native animals.

Farmers are not going to bring in as many cats for neutering as they would otherwise have killed. They will just stop dealing with feral cats, and their population will be out of control.

It is an expensive white elephant that completely misses the point of killing feral cats.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #10 - May 18th, 2022 at 12:44am

You are not that stupid that you think shooting reduces feral cat numbers do you?

If every female cat shot has had a litter, say 4 kittens then shooting that cat still leaves an increase of 4 feral cats. Young cats will fight to take over that territory and nothing is gained.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - May 18th, 2022 at 6:01am

Quote:
You are not that stupid that you think shooting reduces feral cat numbers do you?

Sure it does. But there is more than one way to kill a cat.

Quote:
If every female cat shot has had a litter, say 4 kittens then shooting that cat still leaves an increase of 4 feral cats.

Seriously Monk, leave it to the people who know what they are talking about.

https://bioone.org/journals/wildlife-research/volume-47/issue-7-8/WR20035/Is-cat
-hunting-by-Indigenous-tracking-experts-an-effective-way/10.1071/WR20035.short

Quote:
Key results. In all, 130 cats were removed from the Kiwirrkurra IPA from 2014 to 2019. Hunts took an average of 62 min to complete and a team of four hunters could catch up to four cats in a single day. Although cats still occurred throughout the hunting zone, we found that cat detections at track plots were less likely in the areas where cats were hunted. Long-term data suggest that threatened species have persisted better in areas where there is an active presence of hunters.

Monk, why should we should let entire species go extinct, just because you think cats are cute?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #12 - May 18th, 2022 at 7:24pm

If every cat sired or bore a litter than shooting that cat does not reduce the number of feral cats.

You just went WAY down in my estimation of your intelligence—I do not think cats are cute, I leave that crap to softheads like you and Booby.

Cats have no place in Australia. Desex all domestic cats, prevent breeding of the damned things and apply a nuanced policy to eradicating feral cats. Just shooting SOME damn cats is pointless, is done for the gratification of meatheads like BarrelOfRot.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - May 18th, 2022 at 7:35pm

freediver wrote on May 17th, 2022 at 6:19pm:
Quote:

The policy would increase feral cat numbers.

A neutered cat still kills native animals.

Farmers are not going to bring in as many cats for neutering as they would otherwise have killed. They will just stop dealing with feral cats, and their population will be out of control.

It is an expensive white elephant that completely misses the point of killing feral cats.

I think feral cats should be shot but
I wonder if shooting them has caused the mouse plagues?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - May 18th, 2022 at 8:51pm

Jovial Monk wrote on May 18th, 2022 at 7:24pm:
If every cat sired or bore a litter than shooting that cat does not reduce the number of feral cats.

You just went WAY down in my estimation of your intelligence—I do not think cats are cute, I leave that crap to softheads like you and Booby.

Cats have no place in Australia. Desex all domestic cats, prevent breeding of the damned things and apply a nuanced policy to eradicating feral cats. Just shooting SOME damn cats is pointless, is done for the gratification of meatheads like BarrelOfRot.

If every female cat bore a litter, we would soon be 6 feet deep in cats Monk.

Does reality ever enter into your argument?

https://bioone.org/journals/wildlife-research/volume-47/issue-7-8/WR20035/Is-cat

-hunting-by-Indigenous-tracking-experts-an-effective-way/10.1071/WR20035.short

Quote:
Key results. In all, 130 cats were removed from the Kiwirrkurra IPA from 2014 to 2019. Hunts took an average of 62 min to complete and a team of four hunters could catch up to four cats in a single day. Although cats still occurred throughout the hunting zone, we found that cat detections at track plots were less likely in the areas where cats were hunted. Long-term data suggest that threatened species have persisted better in areas where there is an active presence of hunters.

Quote:
I wonder if shooting them has caused the mouse plagues?

I doubt it. Rodent populations basically fluctuate with food levels. It was the wet weather that lead to the plague. Lots of grass seed etc for them to eat. We have plenty of predators snapping them up, but unless the plague goes on for long enough for them to breed up, it will be a food shortage that brings it to an end.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #15 - May 18th, 2022 at 9:14pm

FD,
Quote:
I doubt it. Rodent populations basically fluctuate with food levels. It was the wet weather that lead to the plague. Lots of grass seed etc for them to eat.
We have plenty of predators snapping them up, but unless the plague goes on for long enough for them to breed up, it will be a food shortage that brings it to an end.

What predators other than cats kill mice?
Hawks?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #16 - May 18th, 2022 at 9:28pm

Bobby. wrote on May 18th, 2022 at 9:14pm:
FD,
Quote:
I doubt it. Rodent populations basically fluctuate with food levels. It was the wet weather that lead to the plague. Lots of grass seed etc for them to eat.
We have plenty of predators snapping them up, but unless the plague goes on for long enough for them to breed up, it will be a food shortage that brings it to an end.

Hawks?

I think snakes eat mice, but not many.
We should infect all cats with Feline leukemia.

IBI

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - May 18th, 2022 at 10:11pm

Jovial Monk wrote on May 16th, 2022 at 2:56pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on May 16th, 2022 at 1:06am:

Quote:

Quote:

Shooting can’t make a dent in the feral cat population.

People can read the idiocy in your post i should ban you for being an idiot yet probably better to have your reply here for all to read your idiocy.

Neutering cats means you have to trap them cats are the hardest animal to trap. You will not handle a feral cat they will scratch and bite then they would have to be sedated before removing them from the cage then you have the cost of neutering them. Your wimpy dog would run away from a feral cat.

These cats don't turn into vegans when neutered they're carnivores so releasing them into the wild is extremely stupid the thing with stupid people like you is you don't even realise how stupid you are yet everyone reading this can see it.

In case you didn't notice the Greens want to ban all hunting not just feral cats.

When people go hunting feral cats are something they pick off when they see them.

How many cats and foxes did this guy get along with feral pigs that feast on turtle eggs in QLD reducing their numbers?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #18 - May 19th, 2022 at 6:57pm

For the idiots:

If you shoot a feral cat that has had a litter of 4 kittens do you decrease the number of feral cats out there? Not really, one cat became five that became 4 when one was shot.

When a feral cat dies young cats will fight to take over the territory. If a feral cat is neutered and returned it will guard its territory so young cats cannot thrive.

A slightly complex idea, too complex for some idiots it appears! A similar program has radically reduced mosquito numbers in some places.

This program by itself is not enough. Want a cat? It must be desexed and you KEEP IT INSIDE! Have a netted enclosure with obstacles for the cat to climb.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #19 - May 19th, 2022 at 7:15pm

Baron to Monk,
Quote:
People can read the idiocy in your post i should ban you for being an idiot yet
probably better to have your reply here for all to read your idiocy.

Leave him alone - he has dementia.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 19th, 2022 at 7:48pm

snakes, kestrels, hawks, owls, eagles, goannas, quolls, foxes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #21 - May 19th, 2022 at 7:57pm

John Smith wrote on May 19th, 2022 at 7:48pm:

Thanks John.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #22 - May 19th, 2022 at 8:02pm

Bobby. wrote on May 19th, 2022 at 7:15pm:
Baron to Monk,
Quote:

You have dementia? Must be tough having dementia on top of idiocy!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #23 - May 19th, 2022 at 8:07pm

Jovial Monk wrote on May 19th, 2022 at 8:02pm:
Baron to Monk,
Quote:

You have:

dementia,
anti social personality disorder,
Asperger's syndrome,
and possession by demons due to alcohol addiction.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #24 - May 19th, 2022 at 8:28pm

Bobby. wrote on May 19th, 2022 at 8:07pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on May 19th, 2022 at 8:02pm:
Baron to Monk,
Quote:

You have:

dementia,
anti social personality disorder,
Asperger's syndrome,
and possession by demons due to alcohol addiction.

Maybe monk could rupture their innards. He'd be a busy boy.

IBI

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 20th, 2022 at 6:44pm

Jovial Monk wrote on May 19th, 2022 at 6:57pm:
For the idiots:

If you shoot a feral cat that has had a litter of 4 kittens do you decrease the number of feral cats out there? Not really, one cat became five that became 4 when one was shot.

When a feral cat dies young cats will fight to take over the territory. If a feral cat is neutered and returned it will guard its territory so young cats cannot thrive.

A slightly complex idea, too complex for some idiots it appears! A similar program has radically reduced mosquito numbers in some places.

The only idiot here is you monk. You come to FD's forums because there are only a couple of idiots who post in your forum so being a pethetic old incel you need to come here to communicate with people.

Today when feral cats are trapped they shoot them before removing them from the trap. In fact just about every feral species that is trapped will be shot dead before removing them from a trap.

Your idiocy involves trying to avoid being scratched-bitten while giving them a cuddle after removing them from trap then neutering and nursing them back to health then releasing them back into the wild so they can continue driving our native species into extinction. Pure lunacy that belongs in an asylum.

Then you come up with bullshit about cats territory which is complete nonsense. Have a look at a map of feral cat populations in Australia they're everywhere.
https://www.awe.gov.au/sites/default/files/env/pages/907fcf93-baf3-4a8f-bfdb-70b...

Did you know Aborigines eat feral cats are they going to be off the menu for our natives if idiots like you have any say in this?

Shooting is considered the most humane method with killing these ferals.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #26 - May 21st, 2022 at 7:11am

John Smith wrote on May 19th, 2022 at 7:48pm:

Crows are probably the biggest predator. There are a lot of sick ones now that have eaten too much ratsak. I once saw a kookaburra take one from my yard.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #27 - May 21st, 2022 at 8:46am

No matter how many feral cats are shot if they have had even just one litter the feral cat population has increased.

Blaze away all you like, display the bodies as trophies—if those cats have bred you have not reduced the feral cat population. Something more effective is needed.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #28 - May 22nd, 2022 at 1:31pm

Quote:
No matter how many feral cats are shot if they have had even just one litter the feral cat population has increased.

Did you ever make it out of primary school Monk?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #29 - May 24th, 2022 at 10:50am

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 1:31pm:
Quote:

It appears you did not, FD! Do feral cats breed, you think?

If you shoot and kill a feral cat that has had a litter or two have you reduced the feral cat population?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #30 - May 24th, 2022 at 12:20pm

Quote:

Monk reckons he has a BSc degree.      Grin

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - May 25th, 2022 at 11:19pm

Shooting in considered the most humane way of killing feral cats. I disagree with the graph on heart/lung shots being less humane like a head shot it's instant death when using centrefire rifle.

Most hunters carry something bigger than .223 Rem which isn't suited for feral pigs or Goats. A .243w is suitable for Pigs and Goats it's massive overkill for Cats. A 22-250 is like a high powered .223  the case has more capacity for gun powder than .223. I should point out the AR15 which people want banned uses .223 rem which is the ammo suggested for Feral Cats.

This is a little outdated hunters have ditched spotlights for thermal scopes  you can see just about everything out there in total darkness with thermal.

Quote:
GROUND SHOOTING OF FERAL CATS (CAT001) STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE

Firearms and ammunition
• Small bore, high velocity, centre fire rifles fitted with a telescopic sight are preferred eg .22-250,
.22 Hornet, .222 Remington, .223 or .243 Winchester. Hollow-point or soft-nosed ammunition
should always be used
• 12-gauge shotguns with heavy shot sizes of No. 2, SSG, BB or AAA may be effective, but only
up to a distance of 20 m from the target animal.
https://pestsmart.org.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2020/12/CAT001-SOP.pdf

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #32 - May 26th, 2022 at 8:10pm

Just use drones and drop grenades.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #33 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 11:48am

Jovial Monk wrote on May 24th, 2022 at 10:50am:
Quote:

If you shoot and kill a feral cat that has had a litter or two have you reduced the feral cat population?

Yes Monk, you have reduced it by one. Do you need me to draw you a picture?

Baronvonrort wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 11:19pm:
Shooting in considered the most humane way of killing feral cats. I disagree with the graph on heart/lung shots being less humane like a head shot it's instant death when using centrefire rifle.

Most hunters carry something bigger than .223 Rem which isn't suited for feral pigs or Goats. A .243w is suitable for Pigs and Goats it's massive overkill for Cats. A 22-250 is like a high powered .223  the case has more capacity for gun powder than .223. I should point out the AR15 which people want banned uses .223 rem which is the ammo suggested for Feral Cats.

This is a little outdated hunters have ditched spotlights for thermal scopes  you can see just about everything out there in total darkness with thermal.

Quote:

Firearms and ammunition
• Small bore, high velocity, centre fire rifles fitted with a telescopic sight are preferred eg .22-250,
.22 Hornet, .222 Remington, .223 or .243 Winchester. Hollow-point or soft-nosed ammunition
should always be used
• 12-gauge shotguns with heavy shot sizes of No. 2, SSG, BB or AAA may be effective, but only

Monk would have us take the least humane method listed, add a surgical procedure to it - one that is fairly complicated for female cats - and then defeat the purpose by not actually killing the cat and letting it kill more endangered animals.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #34 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 6:19pm

So shoot ONE feral cat, young cats then compete to take over its territory, losing cats have to move elsewhere, increasing the range of feral cats.

BRAVO FD! You want feral cats to breed and succeed and kill more and more native wildlife! Too bad about sustainability, eh?

ONLY way shooting can work—fence off an area, shoot/trap/poison all cats.

Getting rid of feral cats acre by acre. Australia is only a few acres in extent, eh?

Did shooting/trapping/baiting rabbits work? Did myxomatosis? Did calicivirus? But just shooting will get rid of feral cats?

FD, did you make it out of primary school? Did you learn about animal reproduction before you were kicked out of primary school? Just how low is your IQ?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #35 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 6:40pm

Similar programs with releasing neutered mosquitoes has resulted in a huge decrease in mosquito populations.

yes, I spoke with one of the scientists about that .
From memory, they grow the male mozzies in captivity, infect them with a faulty gene, then release them to the wild.
When they breed with a female they make that female sterile.
It is about breaking the breeding cycle.

I am not certain on that, this is just from memory.
But, there is some ....... 'quirk' on this process.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #36 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 6:47pm

Yup, one tomcat that fights to mate yet produces ZERO viable offspring—that will reduce feral cat numbers!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 7:06pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 4th, 2022 at 6:47pm:
Yup, one tomcat that fights to mate yet produces ZERO viable offspring—that will reduce feral cat numbers!

Or, a tomcat that when they mate with a female render that female permanently sterile.
The female can never get pregnant again to any tomcat.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 9:49pm

freediver wrote on Jun 4th, 2022 at 11:48am:
Jovial Monk wrote on May 24th, 2022 at 10:50am:
Quote:

Yes Monk, you have reduced it by one. Do you need me to draw you a picture?

Baronvonrort wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 11:19pm:

Quote:

Firearms and ammunition
should always be used

Monk would have us take the least humane method listed, add a surgical procedure to it - one that is fairly complicated for female cats - and then defeat the purpose by not actually killing the cat and letting it kill more endangered animals.

It's a good thing Monk is an incel who never got the chance to breed we have enough stupid people without him adding to those numbers.

If you shoot a cat it cannot eat any more of our native species.

If we follow Monks idiocy trapping then doing s surgical procedure on cats at great expense then nursing them back to health and releasing them they continue to eat our native species until they die.

What Monk is proposing is expensive and does nothing to stop that cat from eating our endangered species.

This guy is a rabbit hunter he likes eating them. The Greens and idiots like Monk would prefer he stopped hunting and drive into town and buy his rabbits from Coles Woolies or a butcher. If Sean sees a feral cat while hunting rabbits he will shoot it and that cat would not be able to eat any more of our endangered species.

Cat in this video dealt with far cheaper than Mongs idiocy and this method actually stops cats eating our native species.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 9:51pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 4th, 2022 at 7:06pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 4th, 2022 at 6:47pm:

Or, a tomcat that when they mate with a female render that female permanently sterile.
The female can never get pregnant again to any tomcat.

The problem is these cats are feasting on our native species which are becoming endangered.

Mongs idiocy does nothing to stop these cats feasting on our native species.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 10:08pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 4th, 2022 at 6:19pm:
So shoot ONE feral cat, young cats then compete to take over its territory, losing cats have to move elsewhere, increasing the range of feral cats.

BRAVO FD! You want feral cats to breed and succeed and kill more and more native wildlife! Too bad about sustainability, eh?

ONLY way shooting can work—fence off an area, shoot/trap/poison all cats.

Young cats don't take over territory you really have NFI.Feral cats cover 95% of Australia.

If you shoot a cat it doesn't breed or eat any more of our endangered native species what part of this do you fail to comprehend?

How does your idiocy stop feral cats from eating our native species do carnivores become vegan after desexing?

We already shoot trap and try to poison cats for some reason idiots like you and the greens want to stop doing the most humane way of controlling them.

When a cat is trapped they shoot it before taking it out of the cage.

We lay poison baits with 1080 all over the countryside it can take up to 4 days to kill animals this way. Cats walk past these poison baits and kill then eat something fresh.

In case you missed it the greens want to ban all hunting.

Are we going to trap and desex wild dogs then release them as well? How does that stop wild dogs eating our native species?

Wild dogs killing Kangaroo

Wild dog chasing farmers sheep in beginning of video before coming into bow and arrow range.

If your mutt gets out and starts chasing a farmers animals that farmer will shoot your dog.

Monks idiocy is to desex all ferals then nurse them back to health then release them back into the wild which does nothing to protect our native species while spending  truckloads of money

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #41 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 10:12pm

Bobby. wrote on May 24th, 2022 at 12:20pm:
Quote:

Monk reckons he has a BSc degree.      Grin

In Sth Australia BSc stands for Bull Schitt. 😂🤣😆

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #42 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 10:58pm

All ferals?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #43 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 10:59pm

Why should i given a fig about what the Greens say they want? I despise the Greens.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 11:06pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 4th, 2022 at 10:58pm:
All ferals?

The only species recreational hunters can legally shoot are the introduced feral species.

Aborigines are allowed to hunt native species

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #45 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 11:12pm

Well, I would like to eliminate all buggering cats in Australia. Shooting won’t do that. Something like Calicivirus but for cats might be good.

If softheads insist having cats as pets these cats MUST be desexed and kept inside.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #46 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 11:29pm

« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2022 at 11:57pm by Baronvonrort »  

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 12:07am

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 4th, 2022 at 11:29pm:

95% of Australia is their territory so your nonsense is irrelevant.

Hunters scan the horizon with a scope they can take cats out to 1/2 Km with a .223 rem. If they use a .243/.260/7mm-08/.308 which are common hunting rounds they can take them out to 750m with relative ease.

What are you going to do with a feral cat wandering around at that range without a gun?

How are you going to see a cat past 100m without a scope would you even know if there are any out there?

Since cats are really active at night a thermal scope picks them up in total darkness the heat signal makes them really easy to see. A thermal scope will even show the heat from footprints with domestic cats walking on a tiled floor. There is nothing more effective with night hunting.

Take note of the orange column for max supersonic range that is about the range limit for reasonable accuracy which drops off when transitioning to subsonic.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #48 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 9:28am

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 4th, 2022 at 11:12pm:
Well, I would like to eliminate all buggering cats in Australia. Shooting won’t do that. Something like Calicivirus but for cats might be good.

If softheads insist having cats as pets these cats MUST be desexed and kept inside.

You would like to eliminate them all, but your proposal would see cat numbers sky rocket, because you would increase the cost of eliminating feral cats by a factor of 100 to 1000. If you had your way you would basically eliminate all effective feral cat control measures.

Quote:
Why should i given a fig about what the Greens say they want? I despise the Greens.

You sound just like them. Completely detached from reality.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #49 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 10:49am

I acknowledge the fact that feral cats reproduce, you seem to think no feral cat reproduces. Yeah, cat numbers skyrocket when you desex the cats—how STUPID is that statement? Feral cats exist over most of non-arid Australia, great success shooting has been, eh?  Roll Eyes

Tell me FD—has shooting rabbits solved the rabbit problem here? If shooting, trapping and baiting had solved the rabbit problem would myxomatosis and calicivirus have been developed. I have asked this question before but neither you nor BarrelOfRot have dared to answer.

Feral cats don’t readily take baits it seems so only trapping and shooting will work. This will not be enough by several orders of magnitude!

I guess you just want to shoot off rifles.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #50 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 11:14am

Quote:
I acknowledge the fact that feral cats reproduce, you seem to think no feral cat reproduces.

No I do not Monk. This is you trying to paint those who point out your idiocy as having equally idiotic views.

Quote:
Yeah, cat numbers skyrocket when you desex the cats—how STUPID is that statement?

That is not what I am saying either Monk. Though I can show you pictures of places where they do neuter and release, where there is a huge number of cats. Probably 1000 to 10000 times the 'natural' population density of cats. And very few other animals.

I have explained very patiently and repeatedly why your idea is so incredibly stupid. Read it again if you still do not get it.

Quote:
Tell me FD—has shooting rabbits solved the rabbit problem here?

It, and various other measures, have gone a long way to solving the actual problem. But rabbits do not eat other native species. No other introduced pest is responsible for as many extinctions as the cat. And yes, shooting cats can save those species from extinction.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 11:33am

Should start a cat meat export industry to China.
Tongue

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #52 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 12:11pm

So shooting, trapping and baiting has made no appreciable difference to the rabbit population.

But, apparently, shooting and trapping feral cats will work. Yeah—IT WILL WORK THIS TIME!

I think there are two people protecting a hobby—hunting—rather than trying to make a real difference to feral cat numbers.

1 + 4 - 1 = +4 

1 + 4 + 4 - 1 = +8

Shooting will not reduce feral cat numbers to any measurable extent. Saying shooting works means you think that 1 + 4 - 1 = -1

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #53 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 12:44pm

Quote:
So shooting, trapping and baiting has made no appreciable difference to the rabbit population.

Says who?

And why are you so desperate to change the topic from cats to rabbits?

Have you figured out yet why everyone thinks your idea is idiotic? Hint: you have been told several times.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 12:56pm

Baronvonrort wrote on May 6th, 2022 at 6:03pm:
The inner city soy latte sipping recreational drug taking LGBTQI called the Greens want to ban hunting.

The only species that non aboriginal hunters can legally shoot are the imported ferals like Pigs Goats Foxes Rabbits Camels along with wild dogs and feral cats. Recreational hunters cannot legally shoot native species.

What is the Greens plan for these ferals is it to sing kumbayah and hold hands while passing a joint while these feral species decimate our native species?

Quote:
ANIMALS

26. A ban on recreational shooting of all animals, including Australian native water birds.

The Greens will probably try to stop fishing next.

The Greens are a pox on Australia put them last or 2nd last with the Vegans from the Animal Justice Party on every ballot paper.

PETA advocates going vegan as one of the responses to the feral cat problem.
https://www.peta.org.au/issues/feral-cats/

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 1:02pm

Definition of  feral. = is it not on the front verandah?

I have shot dozens/scores of cats.  The .223 rips them in half.  Otherwise it will take their heads off if you want to tan the hide.   Don't ask me how I know.

So many farkwits, so little time.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #56 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 1:02pm

freediver wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 12:44pm:
Quote:

Says who?

And why are you so desperate to change the topic from cats to rabbits?

Have you figured out yet why everyone thinks your idea is idiotic? Hint: you have been told several times.

I am comparing feral cat and rabbit populations, as even Booby could see. NOT changing the topic—that is your specialty.

We need to stop feral cats reproducing because shooting and trapping has not worked, has it?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #57 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 1:23pm

Quote:
We need to stop feral cats reproducing because shooting and trapping has not worked, has it?

Shooting them stops them from reproducing.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #58 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 1:59pm

Not if they already had or sired a litter. That is the item you will not accept because you want to go shooting.

So shoot—don’t pretend you are making the slightest difference to feral cat numbers tho.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #59 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 3:22pm

How does neutering a cat work any better than shooting it, if you are worried about them already having a litter?

Neutering programs are crueler than shooting a cat, are no better than shooting a cat at dealing with litters they have already had, fail to stop the cat killing endangered animals the way that a bullet does, and are prohibitively expensive.

By any measure you choose, they are worse. So why do you persist with this idiocy?

Quote:
That is the item you will not accept

I accept that it is your moronic argument.

Quote:
So shoot—don’t pretend you are making the slightest difference to feral cat numbers tho.

Shooting feral cats helps to save endangered species going extinct. Given our ability to hunt a species to extinction ourselves, it would take a complete moron to argue that hunting does not affect numbers of the target animal. For many animals targeted by hunters, careful management is needed to prevent the population crashing.

Again, why do you persist with your idiocy?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #60 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 4:21pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 1:59pm:
Not if they already had or sired a litter. That is the item you will not accept because you want to go shooting.

Monk - you're not the full quid.
All we can do is shoot as many as possible and keep shooting them.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #61 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 4:27pm

Bobby. wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 4:21pm:

And you are a cretin.

Did shooting and trapping reduce rabbit numbers? No! Don’t butt in when the adults are talking, idiot!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #62 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 4:31pm

freediver wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 3:22pm:
How does neutering a cat work any better than shooting it, if you are worried about them already having a litter?

Neutering programs are crueler than shooting a cat, are no better than shooting a cat at dealing with litters they have already had, fail to stop the cat killing endangered animals the way that a bullet does, and are prohibitively expensive.

By any measure you choose, they are worse. So why do you persist with this idiocy?

Quote:

Quote:

Shooting feral cats helps to save endangered species going extinct. Given our ability to hunt a species to extinction ourselves, it would take a complete moron to argue that hunting does not affect numbers of the target animal. For many animals targeted by hunters, careful management is needed to prevent the population crashing.

Did not work with rabbits. That sort of strategy works only with large animals that are fewer in numbers than cats or rabbits! Hell, foxes are still a big menace to sheep growers and they get hunted too.

Try actually thinking FD, it may hurt the old noggin for a bit but you may, perhaps, learn something.

Nothing I have said means people can’t or shouldn’t hunt feral cats. It just does SFA to reduce feral cat numbers.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #63 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 4:42pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 4:27pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 4:21pm:

And you are a cretin.

Did shooting and trapping reduce rabbit numbers? No! Don’t butt in when the adults are talking, idiot!

A female cat can have 3 or 4 litters per year in Australia.
That can equal 10 to 12 more feral cats.
By shooting 1 female you can prevent a dozen more cats within one year.
So every cat you shoot makes a difference.

Don't get me wrong -
I love domestic cats as adorable pets but feral cats are a nasty plague.
They kill billions of native animals every year.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #64 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 4:48pm

What says that the cat you shoot hasn’t already had a litter or two?

Softheads and cretins like you are why we have feral cats in the first place!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #65 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 4:50pm

Here, cretin, read this and >maybe< a small amount of insight might penetrate your VERY thick skull.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #66 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 4:58pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 4:50pm:
Here, cretin, read this and >maybe< a small amount of insight might penetrate your VERY thick skull.

it says:

Shooting is one of the main methods of control currently used but it is labour intensive and not
considered an effective broad-scale control method. It may be of use in reducing the local number of
feral cats or targeting problem animals.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #67 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 6:07pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 4:31pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 3:22pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Did not work with rabbits. That sort of strategy works only with large animals that are fewer in numbers than cats or rabbits! Hell, foxes are still a big menace to sheep growers and they get hunted too.

Try actually thinking FD, it may hurt the old noggin for a bit but you may, perhaps, learn something.

Nothing I have said means people can’t or shouldn’t hunt feral cats. It just does SFA to reduce feral cat numbers.

It works better with terrestrial predators than grazers because there are far fewer of them. This is high school biology Monk. This is why it is so stupid for you to keep talking about rabbits as if it is relevant to cats.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #68 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 6:54pm

Because all the shooting and trapping didn’t make a dent in rabbit numbers. Same with feral cats.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #69 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 7:01pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 6:54pm:
Because all the shooting and trapping didn’t make a dent in rabbit numbers. Same with feral cats.

Monk - you're just digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourself:

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #70 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 7:59pm

Really, cretin, have you not read what BarrelOfRot posted? Maps of areas where feral cats are?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #71 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 8:19pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 7:59pm:
Really, cretin, have you not read what BarrelOfRot posted? Maps of areas where feral cats are?

Monk,
get a license and some training -
get out there and shoot as many feral cats as possible.
Think of all the native wildlife you'll be saving?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #72 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 8:47pm

How much wildlife would I be saving? Say that on average every cat I shot had one litter of 4 kittens reaching independence.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #73 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 8:51pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 8:47pm:
How much wildlife would I be saving? Say that on average every cat I shot had one litter of 4 kittens reaching independence.

You could save many 1000s of native animals from a cruel death.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #74 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 9:22pm

Crap.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #75 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 9:40pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 6:54pm:

No Monk. Not the same. Which is why you keep using rabbits as an example instead of cats. Because you have seen the evidence presented here that shooting cats reduces cat numbers and helps to protect endangered species.

Even rabbit numbers can and have been reduced with shooting. You just have to shoot a lot more of them than you do with cats.

Why do you continue with this moronic dribble? Do you worship cats or something and think entire native species should be sacrificed to them?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #76 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 10:34pm

Cats have no place in Australia as I have stated on several occasions. I would not even allow them as pets—domestic cats stray and can turn feral.

Quote:
between 2.1 and 6.3 million feral cats
Today, an estimated 2.7 million domestic cats and between 2.1 and 6.3 million feral cats live in Australia.

Better buy a LOT of bullets!

Or:
Quote:
Since 2016, a program on Kangaroo Island aims to fully eradicate the island's feral cat population, estimated at between 3000 and 5000, by 2030.[22][23] The 2019-2020 bushfires have complicated the eradication efforts, as the gradual regrowth of the burnt brush creates favourable conditions for cat breeding and makes them more difficult to hunt.[24] By the end of 2021, at least 850 cats had been removed from the burnt area at the western end of the island using state-of-the-art technology with traps and cameras. In addition, an exclusion fence had been built on private property around some of the burnt land, helping to protect the populations of Kangaroo Island dunnart and southern brown bandicoot.[25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cats_in_Australia#Control

As I said—enclose some land in a fence and remove all feral cats from inside that fence. Good luck doing that with all the area where feral cats live.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #77 - Jun 6th, 2022 at 10:43am

Monk digging himself a deeper and deeper hole:

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #78 - Jun 6th, 2022 at 4:48pm

Kiwi hunters are crack shots. Besides shooting feral deer for some yummy venison.
The enjoy the challenge of knocking off Stoats and other small pest specials.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Jun 6th, 2022 at 11:38pm

Bobby. wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 4:58pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 4:50pm:

it says:

Shooting is one of the main methods of control currently used but it is labour intensive and not
considered an effective broad-scale control method. It may be of use in reducing the local number of
feral cats or targeting problem animals.

The biggest problem with hunters is they're restricted on where they can shoot.

In all states hunters need permission from landowners to shoot on private property. They can only hunt on private property where permission is given. If a feral runs into private property they don't have permission to shoot on they have to let it go.

In NSW and VIC hunters can hunt in state forests with correct license this is not allowed in QLD not sure about other states. Most hunters are only licensed to shoot on private property.

If private property backs onto a National Park hunters cannot enter the NP to shoot these ferals these National Parks are a sanctuary for ferals.

In the limted areas hunters are allowed to shoot they eradicate these feral pests. Hunters can't do anything about ferals that live in places they're not allowed to hunt in.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #80 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 4:44am

So you agree shooting is not the way to eradicate feral cats. Good.

So what is the way to get rid of these bloody cats?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #81 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 10:02am

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 10:34pm:
Cats have no place in Australia as I have stated on several occasions. I would not even allow them as pets—domestic cats stray and can turn feral.

Quote:
between 2.1 and 6.3 million feral cats
Today, an estimated 2.7 million domestic cats and between 2.1 and 6.3 million feral cats live in Australia.

Better buy a LOT of bullets!

Or:
Quote:
Since 2016, a program on Kangaroo Island aims to fully eradicate the island's feral cat population, estimated at between 3000 and 5000, by 2030.[22][23] The 2019-2020 bushfires have complicated the eradication efforts, as the gradual regrowth of the burnt brush creates favourable conditions for cat breeding and makes them more difficult to hunt.[24] By the end of 2021, at least 850 cats had been removed from the burnt area at the western end of the island using state-of-the-art technology with traps and cameras. In addition, an exclusion fence had been built on private property around some of the burnt land, helping to protect the populations of Kangaroo Island dunnart and southern brown bandicoot.[25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cats_in_Australia#Control

As I said—enclose some land in a fence and remove all feral cats from inside that fence. Good luck doing that with all the area where feral cats live.

Monk can you please explain how you can believe it is possible to completely eradicate cats on an Island over 100km long, but also think it is not possible to have any impact on cat numbers?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #82 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 10:47am

https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1654432919/6#6

Bobby. wrote on Jun 6th, 2022 at 5:58pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 6th, 2022 at 4:56pm:
Any cat in the wild is feral. Shoot the damn thing!

So shooting them is good now?
You've changed your mind?

https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1651824239/79#79

Monk,
Quote:
Shooting has proved to be no answer to reducing feral cat numbers.

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 6th, 2022 at 6:16pm:
Shoot all the damn cats you like. Just don’t pretend you made a significant reduction in their population.

You are too stupid to understand it but look up “nuance.”

Monk,
you keep changing your story.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #83 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 2:43pm

I have not changed my story one bit. Idiots like you don’t read what is there. i never said don’t shoot cats, I said don’t pretend to have made a material difference to the feral cat population.

You didn’t look up “nuance” did you? Waiting for a YouTube to be made from it?
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2022 at 2:54pm by Jovial Monk »  

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #84 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 3:47pm

Quote:
I have not changed my story one bit. Idiots like you don’t read what is there. i never said don’t shoot cats, I said don’t pretend to have made a material difference to the feral cat population.

LOL. You start by insisting you have not changed your story. But in the next sentence you change your story.

Monk can you please explain how you can believe it is possible to completely eradicate cats on an Island over 100km long, but also think it is not possible to have any impact on cat numbers?

And why do you find it so challenging to remember all the different positions you have held on this subject?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #85 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 5:27pm

Apart from a bit of stirring I have been 100% consistent in my arguments, something you would do well to emulate.

I have mentioned islands and enclosing areas by netting. In my MRB I have cited research showing shooting cannot materially affect feral cat numbers. Why not have a read?

For a bloke saying he is so anti cat, why is my MRB STILL called Cats and Critters and not Critters and Gardens? Why is a damn cat STILL the icon for my MRB?

Why can the idiot Booby post “cute” animal videos in his MRB which is nominally about the Environment? Should that whole stupid thread not be moved to my MRB? Do you think blatant favoritism is good for a board like this (or in real life?) 

I’m curious.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #86 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 5:33pm

Quote:
Apart from a bit of stirring I have been 100% consistent in my arguments

Can you please explain how you can believe it is possible to completely eradicate cats on an Island over 100km long, but also think it is not possible to have any impact on cat numbers?

How are we supposed to know when you are lying?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #87 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 5:49pm

For a bloke saying he is so anti cat, why is my MRB STILL called Cats and Critters and not Critters and Gardens? Why is a damn cat STILL the icon for my MRB?

Why can the idiot Booby post “cute” animal videos in his MRB which is nominally about the Environment? Should that whole stupid thread not be moved to my MRB? Do you think blatant favoritism is good for a board like this (or in real life?)

I’m curious.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #88 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 7:38pm

Are you telling lies to get back at me for you not getting your way? How does looking like a complete idiot here achieve anything?

How can you believe it is possible to completely eradicate cats on an Island over 100km long, but also think it is not possible to have any impact on cat numbers?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #89 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 8:00pm

Why is this relevant Monk?

Are you telling lies to get back at me for you not getting your way? How does looking like a complete idiot here achieve anything?

How can you believe it is possible to completely eradicate cats on an Island over 100km long, but also think it is not possible to have any impact on cat numbers?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #90 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 8:02pm

We REALLY need someone with some smarts to Mod Environment now!

AGW

Pandemics

Pests

Diseases

Overdevelopment

Population increase

etc, all destroying the natural environment we all rely on. We need someone—Barnacle be good—to Mod Environment! I have suggested to Booby that he and I swap boards—I even offered to let the cretin copy across all his ice age nonsense!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #91 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 8:03pm

Yes Monk, we now know why you told all those lies. It was a desperate attention seeking ploy to get your way.

How is that working out for you?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #92 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 8:05pm

freediver wrote on Jun 7th, 2022 at 8:00pm:
Why is this relevant Monk?

I have covered that and more in my posts here. Get a 4yo to read and explain it to you.

WHY did I get so many long bans last year? We never could figure that out looking at my posts. Three months, three fortnights, one month. LOT of time no decent posts with good links to scientific papers, smacking few of those in OzPol of late.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #93 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 9:48pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 7th, 2022 at 7:59pm:
Now, why the HELL show favoritism to a piece of shyte like Booby?

He was stealing posts from MY forum to post in his toilet of a board. When I protested he smugly said he would steal as many posts as he liked.

Now I am copying his mundane selection of YouTubes he posts in what SHOULD be about the Environment to my much more appropriate board he cries foul. Awwwww, diddums!

That piece of crap copied the notice about my mother’s death that I put on MY forum to here! Because oF YET ANOTHER STUPID BAN I could not reply to the few decent members here who posted their condolences. That stupid piece of human refuse has NOT YET, 6 MONTHS LATER brought himself to apologise for that shitful act.

Yet that piece of moral detritus can have an OUTRAGEOUSLY off topic thread in his toilet of an MRB?

Come on, FD, some common sense on your part, yes?

Not again ffs!

WHY CAN'T YOU STOP TROLLING AND CAUSING TROUBLE MONK?

That's why you keep getting banned AND why you were kicked out of a mod job at PA!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #94 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 9:51pm

freediver wrote on Jun 7th, 2022 at 8:03pm:
Yes Monk, we now know why you told all those lies. It was a desperate attention seeking ploy to get your way.

Interestingly enough ... Monk is constantly accusing others of all that. So he's been basically self projecting 😐

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 11:00pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 7th, 2022 at 4:44am:

Shooting is the best way to get rid of feral cats it's also the most humane method.

Lets look at this.

I see a feral cat at 550 yards i have my 7mm-08 with 120Gr Nosler. The sights are zero at 200 yards so i dial up 8.7 MOA or 2.5 MIL elevation on scope i have over 1000ft lbs energy so cat is dead when i pull the trigger. I don't even bother to pick up the dead carcass.

With mongs idiotic method he runs to get his trap walks 550 yards to where cat was it has gone. He leaves the trap there hoping to catch it so he can take it to a vet have it desexed nurse it back to health then release it. He comes back next day trap is empty cat is nowhere to be seen.

With shooting the job is done cat cannot feast on any endangered species. With mongs method cat gets away and continues to eat endangered native species until it dies or if he does manage to catch it then is costs a fortune to have it desexed and it continues to eat our native species when mong releases it. Mongs method doesn't achieve anything apart from wasting time and money.

This is why city slickers like mong should stick to what he knows like gay bars in the inner city he is totally clueless on country life anyone reading his posts can see how stupid he is..

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #96 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 11:40pm

Hahahaha! Monk would probably get his own foot caught in said trap and require a nurse. And doctor. His boring and endless topics of it all would then follow ..😩

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 12:26am

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 7th, 2022 at 11:40pm:
Hahahaha! Monk would probably get his own foot caught in said trap and require a nurse. And doctor. His boring and endless topics of it all would then follow ..😩

We could ask the doctor to desex mong before releasing him  which would be a waste of time and money since he is an incel.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #98 - Nov 12th, 2022 at 8:06am

Baronvonrort wrote on Jun 7th, 2022 at 11:00pm:

Shooting is the best way to get rid of feral cats it's also the most humane method.

Lets look at this.

I see a feral cat at 550 yards i have my 7mm-08 with 120Gr Nosler. The sights are zero at 200 yards so i dial up 8.7 MOA or 2.5 MIL elevation on scope i have over 1000ft lbs energy so cat is dead when i pull the trigger. I don't even bother to pick up the dead carcass.

With mongs idiotic method he runs to get his trap walks 550 yards to where cat was it has gone. He leaves the trap there hoping to catch it so he can take it to a vet have it desexed nurse it back to health then release it. He comes back next day trap is empty cat is nowhere to be seen.

With shooting the job is done cat cannot feast on any endangered species. With mongs method cat gets away and continues to eat endangered native species until it dies or if he does manage to catch it then is costs a fortune to have it desexed and it continues to eat our native species when mong releases it. Mongs method doesn't achieve anything apart from wasting time and money.

This is why city slickers like mong should stick to what he knows like gay bars in the inner city he is totally clueless on country life anyone reading his posts can see how stupid he is..

Monk doesn't think things through -
it's just a thought bubble.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #99 - Nov 12th, 2022 at 1:36pm

You're banned that means you cannot post here.

This is a Mong free zone

Mod
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2022 at 2:31pm by Baronvonrort »  

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Manic Monk's Ban
Reply #100 - Nov 12th, 2022 at 2:45pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Nov 12th, 2022 at 1:36pm:
You're banned that means you cannot post here.

This is a Mong free zone

Mod

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #101 - Nov 13th, 2022 at 10:11am

Bobby. wrote on Nov 12th, 2022 at 8:06am:
Baronvonrort wrote on Jun 7th, 2022 at 11:00pm:

Lets look at this.

Monk doesn't think things through -
it's just a thought bubble.

Monks head is a bubble. A shell on the outside empty on the inside.

Monk is a 75 year old incel virgin who has been wanking for most of his life.

There is no chance he would see any of these critters including cats that were shot.

These are hunting videos if you don't want to watch then don't click on them.

The biggest change in hunting has come from thermal scopes that allow you to see everything out there in pitch black darkness. 5 years ago they were very expensive like most things electronic they have come down in price with more people selling them.

A few more cats taken in this video

Mong doesn't have a clue shooting is the most effective and most humane way in dealing with these ferals. What are you going to use when you see these ferals at longer ranges where you need good optics to even know if there are any there?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Nov 13th, 2022 at 10:15am

If you see ferals at this range what alternatives are there to instantly remove them?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print